FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Covid in Scotland

Covid in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The rates of infection in Scotland seem to be shooting up at the moment.

At a time when meets and clubs were getting going again is it going to change your thoughts or does it make no difference?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’m glad I’m still working at home. Currently self isolating as a friend tested positive and I’m negative. She’s had both vaccinations and I’ve had none!

The cases rising is a concern but Nicola Sturgeon seems to think that the vaccine will allow us to get ‘back to normal’. It may help to reduce the symptoms but everyone needs to keep hand sanitising, maintaining distances, etc. People are becoming complacent.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a strange thing to say about Nicola Sturgeon. Most of the complaints against her is that she has been overly cautious. Westminster has stated that 21st of June is when they believe that things in England will "get back to normal". Most of the leaders around the world are taking their advice from health experts and ALL are hoping that the vaccine roll will speed their own country out of lockdown.

I, for one, have never heard Nicola sturgeon or any other world leader say that we will be back to 'normal' all mention a degree of normality. For my own experience, I am double vaccinated as is my brother and we spent the weekend away with my son who is not vaccinated, he came back with the virus and we were both negative.

I hope that the vaccine allows berd immunity to work without the catastrophic consequences of the last year.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve honestly gave up listening to it all now.

It changes every week.

Nothing much has changed for me tbh but with recent health issues I’ll not be rushing back out to places where it’s overly busy even thought I’ve had both my jags. As soon as the football started we knew there was going to be a surge cause the minute you add alcohol and peer gatherings all common sense goes out the window, quite the surge we’ve seen though now that is surprising I certainly never imagine the numbers to rise so quickly to be fair

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"The rates of infection in Scotland seem to be shooting up at the moment.

At a time when meets and clubs were getting going again is it going to change your thoughts or does it make no difference?

"

I make informed decisions now to suit myself as I do not think many of the rules make any sense now

I make informed decisions now to suit myself as I do not think many of the rules make any sense now "

Is that a Matt Hancock quote?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I make informed decisions now to suit myself as I do not think many of the rules make any sense now

Is that a Matt Hancock quote? "

I could be I guess

By *ildandfree31Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Makes no difference to me,it’s not going any where (covid 19) we are all going to contract it some point in our life’s,I think a positive mindset and keeping as Active fit and healthy as you can is all we can do ?? .

By *nby ATV/TS  over a year ago

chilling in the

"I’m glad I’m still working at home. Currently self isolating as a friend tested positive and I’m negative. She’s had both vaccinations and I’ve had none!

The cases rising is a concern but Nicola Sturgeon seems to think that the vaccine will allow us to get ‘back to normal’. It may help to reduce the symptoms but everyone needs to keep hand sanitising, maintaining distances, etc. People are becoming complacent. "

Wise words lovely. I’ll see you when the fun world returns.

X

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"I’ve honestly gave up listening to it all now.

It changes every week. "

never did listen to it I follow my own protection routine which is now more stringent than the govts

We need to accept that this virus is here to stay for a good bit longer than we’d like, vaccines will offer a certain level of protection from serious issues but it won’t stop it completely. Covid has been here longer than we know of and the chances are some if not most of us have had it at some point.

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We need to accept that this virus is here to stay for a good bit longer than we’d like, vaccines will offer a certain level of protection from serious issues but it won’t stop it completely. Covid has been here longer than we know of and the chances are some if not most of us have had it at some point. "

Exactly. It’s here to stay. The main statistic that’s more important is how many folk are dying from it ,,,,,which is pretty much hardly anyone x

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"I’m glad I’m still working at home. Currently self isolating as a friend tested positive and I’m negative. She’s had both vaccinations and I’ve had none!

The cases rising is a concern but Nicola Sturgeon seems to think that the vaccine will allow us to get ‘back to normal’. It may help to reduce the symptoms but everyone needs to keep hand sanitising, maintaining distances, etc. People are becoming complacent. "

Almost all world leaders say the same thing, to say "Nicola Sturgeon believes..." makes it sound like she is alone in this claim. That you don't like her and will use ANY, reason to throw some shade on her. Would that be accurate?

Bojo claims it.

Trump claimed it.

Biden can barely remember where he is.

Name one world leader that claims/ed different?

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"We need to accept that this virus is here to stay for a good bit longer than we’d like, vaccines will offer a certain level of protection from serious issues but it won’t stop it completely. Covid has been here longer than we know of and the chances are some if not most of us have had it at some point.

Exactly. It’s here to stay. The main statistic that’s more important is how many folk are dying from it ,,,,,which is pretty much hardly anyone x"

That’s exactly it (we get the flu jab) every year and can still catch that!…difference is not everyone does dies…coming from experience working through the previous waves, our hospitals have far less admissions, and far less deaths, so we must be doing something right, it’s going to take time and we just need to accept it rather than fight against it now

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"We need to accept that this virus is here to stay for a good bit longer than we’d like, vaccines will offer a certain level of protection from serious issues but it won’t stop it completely. Covid has been here longer than we know of and the chances are some if not most of us have had it at some point.

Exactly. It’s here to stay. The main statistic that’s more important is how many folk are dying from it ,,,,,which is pretty much hardly anyone x

That’s exactly it (we get the flu jab) every year and can still catch that!…difference is not everyone does dies…coming from experience working through the previous waves, our hospitals have far less admissions, and far less deaths, so we must be doing something right, it’s going to take time and we just need to accept it rather than fight against it now "

could be it just isnt as deadly as it is made out to be.

By *ylonfan38Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauldish

Yeah tell that to the dead people I know!

It's scary and shit that people blame politicians they can't predict what the virus will do and all of them have made mistakes during this.

Best thing is do what you want to do ignore what people say and get the vaccine

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Huge numbers of people are no longer following social distancing rules, are not wearing masks and are acting as if covid19 never existed, it is hardly surprising that the number of cases are going through the roof again. Even when double vaccinated the general guidance is that you should still wear masks, hand sanitise and keep your distance from others.

K

By *ylonfan38Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauldish

Yup.... Double vaxed here

"Huge numbers of people are no longer following social distancing rules, are not wearing masks and are acting as if covid19 never existed, it is hardly surprising that the number of cases are going through the roof again. Even when double vaccinated the general guidance is that you should still wear masks, hand sanitise and keep your distance from others.

K

"

This is very true sadly it's happening all over but what can anyone do about it, not a whole lot

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

" People are becoming complacent. "

Is it any wonder?? And the inconsistencies are absolutely crazy.

Snooker championships, inside, a crowd. Scottish football, outside, no supporters allowed. To name just two.

She's obviously on a power trip!! And as for doom and gloom merchant Leitch??

near Glasgow

I make informed decisions now to suit myself as I do not think many of the rules make any sense now "

Hear hear. The politicians are doing it anyway, re the recent G7 in Cornwall, so why shouldn't we lesser mortals do it also?

near Glasgow

" Exactly. It’s here to stay. The main statistic that’s more important is how many folk are dying from it ,,,,,which is pretty much hardly anyone x"

Exactly, we need to get away from recording cases, and concentrate on hospitalisations and deaths, which are tiny in comparison.

» Add a new message to this topic