FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Climbers

Climbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wondering if there are any climbers on here. I climb at Ratho and it would be nice to meet some fellow swingers who like to swing more literally as well as the kinky way.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Wondering if there are any climbers on here. I climb at Ratho and it would be nice to meet some fellow swingers who like to swing more literally as well as the kinky way. "

I climb a bit, boulder mainly. Often at Eden Rock, sometime Ratho, infrequently at Alien Bloc.

Often go with my nippers as I don't have a climbing buddy.

Did join the Edinburgh Climbers group on MeetUp to try and meet more folk (to climb, not swing with!). Though I suppose both could mix...

"Wondering if there are any climbers on here. I climb at Ratho and it would be nice to meet some fellow swingers who like to swing more literally as well as the kinky way. "

Are you an indoor or outdoor climber at Ratho? Do you lean more towards sport or trad climbing?

I've been trad climbing for a good few years now. Much prefer being on the rock, weather dependent obviously.

Always looking for climbing partners, lead or second at Ratho, auchinstarry, London Hill, ect. If your interested?

This is a purely platonic offer by the way. Its never easy to find a reliable climbing partner who can actually belay safely

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not done much trad. I mostly do indoor but been gathering gear to start outdoor then covid hit and I have not really gotten back into it much since. I tend to bounce between 6b -7a at Ratho, depending on fitness. I am comfortable with lewd rope but I’d prefer to do some top rope work and boulders first to get back up to speed.

"Not done much trad. I mostly do indoor but been gathering gear to start outdoor then covid hit and I have not really gotten back into it much since. I tend to bounce between 6b -7a at Ratho, depending on fitness. I am comfortable with lewd rope but I’d prefer to do some top rope work and boulders first to get back up to speed. "

6b- 7a are all tough moves. Impressive. Outdoor is very different tho. Indoor you have one move at the grade. Usually at the crux. Outdoor you can have many 6b moves on a route from a s, vs, hvs through to E. Its generally the crux that defines the grade tho. Indoor is generally strength and stamina. Outdoor is more mentally challenging and sheer grit.

If you are climbing 6b- 7a indoor. I'd be more than happy to lead you on a few climbs till you get used to the stop start of trad climbing. Ratho quarry is a great proving ground. Beautiful rock, massive variety of climbs and perfect anchors at the top for safe trad and top rope setups.

» Add a new message to this topic