FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > When someone catches your attention

When someone catches your attention

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oShrinkingViolet OP   Woman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

So the messages come in and they’re actually really articulate, they’ve captured your attention without so much as looking at their profile, the messages ping back and forth with some flirting and innuendos, all whilst

in between intellectual conversation. You are actually for a change quite enjoying the messages back and forth and then nothing ! They go silent and your inbox once again is filled with the mundane and the desperate and the downright certifiable

And you were actually thinking this one could be a winner lol

Thespians were for art thou ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or you exchange facepics and realise no attraction...that's the worst!

By *ilverGent1Man  over a year ago

Livingston

‘What comes easy won’t last & that which lasts, won’t come easy.’ - It does all get a bit frustrating at times though & I’m guessing most of us, especially the singletons, have been through this a few times on here.

Right now, I wish I could just sleep a full night & maybe everything would seem a little brighter in the morning.

By *ilverGent1Man  over a year ago

Livingston

"Or you exchange facepics and realise no attraction...that's the worst!

"

Oh yes, that can be awkward to back out of.

By *hyme2020Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow Scotland

Oh I do wonder whether us ladies are being taken in by the same men. We are all local and probably all looking ish in the same age groups. I could actually have written this post. I was just thinking exactly this today.

By *implyJayGeeMan  over a year ago

Garthamlock

There are plenty eye catching profiles on here. But as the “dreaded single male” I’ve pretty much given up on making that first contact. I take my hat off to the folk I’ve met over the last 2 years as they’ve been good enough to make the first contact.

Aye, it’s another boring male rant, there really needs to be a better fairer policy for single males, by getting rid of the chaff.. How? I don’t know. Answers on a postcard

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Had this loads. Or, arrange a meet, for them to then go silent, or cancel last minute. Oh well, never mind

By *oShrinkingViolet OP   Woman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"There are plenty eye catching profiles on here. But as the “dreaded single male” I’ve pretty much given up on making that first contact. I take my hat off to the folk I’ve met over the last 2 years as they’ve been good enough to make the first contact.

Aye, it’s another boring male rant, there really needs to be a better fairer policy for single males, by getting rid of the chaff.. How? I don’t know. Answers on a postcard "

Hey gorgeous you already know you’re on my hot hot hot list lol consider yourself special lol

Garthamlock

"There are plenty eye catching profiles on here. But as the “dreaded single male” I’ve pretty much given up on making that first contact. I take my hat off to the folk I’ve met over the last 2 years as they’ve been good enough to make the first contact.

Aye, it’s another boring male rant, there really needs to be a better fairer policy for single males, by getting rid of the chaff.. How? I don’t know. Answers on a postcard

Hey gorgeous you already know you’re on my hot hot hot list lol consider yourself special lol "

Flattery will get you everywhere

By *lexakimboMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Aye, it’s another boring male rant, there really needs to be a better fairer policy for single males, by getting rid of the chaff.. How? I don’t know. Answers on a postcard "

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood your point, but no one has the unassailable right to receive a reply to a message. One can argue that it’s just good manners to receive a “thanks for the interest but I’m not interested”, but again we aren’t entitled to it.

I guess the only only real solution is trying to meet people first socially in a group situation. CJs etc.

Hmm this is exactly why this place confuses me, a guy who has been here over a year with no verifications giving advice to a 23 verification guy whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

Happened a good few times now, every time has usually because I say I’m not into a certain kink etc and after weeks and a connection it’s the good old “I can change that” well no can’t as it’s not on my to do list and I won’t be pressured into anything

By *lexakimboMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 30/01/23 19:42:22]

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Hmm this is exactly why this place confuses me, a guy who has been here over a year with no verifications giving advice to a 23 verification guy whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

Happened a good few times now, every time has usually because I say I’m not into a certain kink etc and after weeks and a connection it’s the good old “I can change that” well no can’t as it’s not on my to do list and I won’t be pressured into anything "

Yup my kink is giving advice, mainly bad advice but delivered with eloquence.

"Hmm this is exactly why this place confuses me, a guy who has been here over a year with no verifications giving advice to a 23 verification guy whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

Happened a good few times now, every time has usually because I say I’m not into a certain kink etc and after weeks and a connection it’s the good old “I can change that” well no can’t as it’s not on my to do list and I won’t be pressured into anything

"

Eh? Confused, that’s not a kink and we have never spoke? another unverified male after a year giving his 2p of bullshit

edinburgh

Eh? Confused, that’s not a kink and we have never spoke? another unverified male after a year giving his 2p of bullshit"

Yup

Eh? Confused, that’s not a kink and we have never spoke? another unverified male after a year giving his 2p of bullshit

Yup "

You go Glen Coco

edinburgh

Yup

You go Glen Coco "

It passes the time

Yup

You go Glen Coco

It passes the time "

Hey seems like yer a fast learner, might just get it wet in 2023 after all, everything crossed for you buddy!

edinburgh

Yup

You go Glen Coco

It passes the time

Hey seems like yer a fast learner, might just get it wet in 2023 after all, everything crossed for you buddy!"

Crossing your legs is abit contradictory to the goal but thank you

Garthamlock

Happened a good few times now, every time has usually because I say I’m not into a certain kink etc and after weeks and a connection it’s the good old “I can change that” well no can’t as it’s not on my to do list and I won’t be pressured into anything "

Yip, I don’t recall mentioning anything about demanding a reply to messages. However, with the benefit of doubt I think the guy may have misinterpreted my point.

My point basically was, I just cannot be bothered trying to compete with non entity profiles anymore. If a woman or couple come to me first, fair play, with that I know they are at least genuine, even if it transpires that nothing happens.

I’ve sent what I’ve thought are decent, legible and within context of their profile content messages. Most get deleted and or blanked, which yes, if it’s a profile in particular I really like, is a bit of a pisser. However, too long in the tooth now to let it bother me.

If FAB were to devise a way, I don’t know, charge single males more for example, I’d give it a go, or deeper ‘vetting’ processes to filter some of the white noise.. I dunno. Rant over lol

By *opeydeviantMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Exactly how I feel ,it's funny but heh it's just a thing we have to except patience is key I think

» Add a new message to this topic