FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Slimming injections

Slimming injections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heesenburger OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

kilmarnock

Put on a few pounds ...my friend sells this wonder cure. Anybody else on these injections ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 14 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Put on a few pounds ...my friend sells this wonder cure. Anybody else on these injections ?"
My friend has diabetes and was on it and lost a few stones quite easily she said but the area she stays in couldn’t get a supply for a while but when she started them again she said she didn’t find it as effective for some reason .

She was prescribed them by her gp .

Side effect she had was nausea to begin with that soon settles done .

kilmarnock

Thanks...my GP wouldn't prescribe it..so will have to purchase from a friend. She lost 3 stone in 6 months. But only downside was having to buy new clothes lol...

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"Thanks...my GP wouldn't prescribe it..so will have to purchase from a friend. She lost 3 stone in 6 months. But only downside was having to buy new clothes lol..."

I’ve been curious about them. Can I ask why your GP wouldn’t prescribe? If that’s not too nosey!

By *et another guyMan 14 weeks ago

near Glasgow

Wow results sound amazing

kilmarnock

"Thanks...my GP wouldn't prescribe it..so will have to purchase from a friend. She lost 3 stone in 6 months. But only downside was having to buy new clothes lol...

I’ve been curious about them. Can I ask why your GP wouldn’t prescribe? If that’s not too nosey!"

Well...as I am not classed as obese and or depressed about my weight. GP rather have me dieting than injecting.

near Glasgow

Totally understand that I'm over weight but GP says dieting as well

By *andy_FraserTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I was one one years ago called Liraglutite, it's not actually a fat reducing one but is an appetite reducing one.

I lost 6 stone VERY quickly on it, and thankfully never put it back on.

By *ordflash heartMan 14 weeks ago

Motherwell

I would be cautious buying stuff if it’s not from a reputable company or GP. Not saying your friend is a bad one but I would be cautious, I used laugh at people years ago going on about putting on weight I couldn’t understand this but I’m struggling to shed some puppy fat now. Diet and exercise helps but some people have other health issues I suppose.

near Glasgow

"I was one one years ago called Liraglutite, it's not actually a fat reducing one but is an appetite reducing one.

I lost 6 stone VERY quickly on it, and thankfully never put it back on."

Is that still available do you know?

By *ittyScritchesWoman 14 weeks ago

Edinburgh

There's a bunch of exposés about people selling knock-off variations and folk ending up in hospital as a result, either because it's not semaglutide in the first place or it's too high concentration / dosage isn't clear. It's been all over the news. Be cautious.

kilmarnock

Yes I am cautious that's why I am possibly going to get it from my friend who has a friend lol who is doing great with it.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Is that still available do you know?"

Looks like it's still out there under other names, but is for diabetics.

Just Google it and you'll find info.

By *igboobiesCouple 14 weeks ago

Saltcoats

If your willing to pay just get from chemist, in the past I have got from Lloyds and asda, do online, doctor would not prescribe as was not diabetic

By *r Horny and Mrs NaughtyCouple 14 weeks ago

Lanarkish

Your gp won’t prescribe it needs to be done through weight management and they are reluctant too. Online gps will prescribe it you fit the criteria but it’s not all that it’s made out to be. Doesn’t work for everyone and it’s expensive. It’s medication so anyone selling that’s not registered to prescribe shouldn’t be it’s illegal. X

Saltcoats

"If your willing to pay just get from chemist, in the past I have got from Lloyds and asda, do online, doctor would not prescribe as was not diabetic"

Thats asda online pharmacy you can't buy with your tatties

Saltcoats

"Your gp won’t prescribe it needs to be done through weight management and they are reluctant too. Online gps will prescribe it you fit the criteria but it’s not all that it’s made out to be. Doesn’t work for everyone and it’s expensive. It’s medication so anyone selling that’s not registered to prescribe shouldn’t be it’s illegal. X"

I had one lot, worked great then was held back for diabetics only so tried another one and was rubbish, it is expensive

Lanarkish

"Your gp won’t prescribe it needs to be done through weight management and they are reluctant too. Online gps will prescribe it you fit the criteria but it’s not all that it’s made out to be. Doesn’t work for everyone and it’s expensive. It’s medication so anyone selling that’s not registered to prescribe shouldn’t be it’s illegal. X

I had one lot, worked great then was held back for diabetics only so tried another one and was rubbish, it is expensive "

I’ve had 2 different ones bought myself as even tho I’m classed as obese I have no medical conditions so not eligible for it on the NHS. Both worked at first but not for very long x

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman 14 weeks ago

Renfrewshire

I used them but I had to have calorie controlled diet. Wasnt just inject yourself & it's a magic weight loss.

I stopped after a few weeks I lost 4 stone doing slimming world from home.

Lanarkish

"I used them but I had to have calorie controlled diet. Wasnt just inject yourself & it's a magic weight loss.

I stopped after a few weeks I lost 4 stone doing slimming world from home.

"

Yeah a lot of people think they can just take it and continue to eat like normal. You still need to put in the work even. It’s not a quick fix like people think x

By *ussymufferMan 14 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I was prescribed one by the community diabetic nurse.

The first month was good and then I had terrible side effects in the end I just stopped taking it as it was so bad.

My practice diabetes nurse didn't know what it was when the GP told me I had to talk with her about it.

I just gave up and never took it again.

So be carefully if buying it you need to be supervised when on it.

Purely selfish reasons. Please stop taking these i dont want the big boobs to disappear

By *oy of WonderMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

semaglutide (Ozympic, Wegovy) is currently the best thing, or most popular, to help you lose weight. It essentially kills your hunger.

Quite simple and easy to get hold on, weightloss is mad with it but the side effects are nausea, headaches and dehydration.

The issue with semaglutide is, once you stop, you will need to manage the hunger and food intake despite being very hungry….

"Purely selfish reasons. Please stop taking these i dont want the big boobs to disappear "

I spat my tea out. Hahaha.

By *rs grumpyWoman 14 weeks ago

motherwell

"Put on a few pounds ...my friend sells this wonder cure. Anybody else on these injections ?"

If you don't need it for health reasons then you'd a fool to take any medication you don't need.

And from your photos, you clearly don't need it. Cut out the shite food for a bit.

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 14 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"semaglutide (Ozympic, Wegovy) is currently the best thing, or most popular, to help you lose weight. It essentially kills your hunger.

Quite simple and easy to get hold on, weightloss is mad with it but the side effects are nausea, headaches and dehydration.

The issue with semaglutide is, once you stop, you

will need to manage the hunger and food intake despite being very hungry…."

Docs don't prescribe it yet sadly they have offered me surgery twice I said no as there is risks huge waiting lists and I'm currently very healthy according to recent blood tests

By *iss EnormastitsWoman 14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Had a conversation with someone who works in local pharmacy. These retail for £130+ but for the patients who are diabetic and need thia medication the pharmacies are struggling to get the stock in. I wwould not pay for any meds that are used to keep folk living their best lives. I would rather do the hard work, blood, sweat and tears than use this. Thia ia only my opinion. X

kilmarnock

"Had a conversation with someone who works in local pharmacy. These retail for £130+ but for the patients who are diabetic and need thia medication the pharmacies are struggling to get the stock in. I wwould not pay for any meds that are used to keep folk living their best lives. I would rather do the hard work, blood, sweat and tears than use this. Thia ia only my opinion. X"

Not buying via a pharmacy. N not sure what that comment has really added to the thread ,?

Ayrshire

"Had a conversation with someone who works in local pharmacy. These retail for £130+ but for the patients who are diabetic and need thia medication the pharmacies are struggling to get the stock in. I wwould not pay for any meds that are used to keep folk living their best lives. I would rather do the hard work, blood, sweat and tears than use this. Thia ia only my opinion. X

Not buying via a pharmacy. N not sure what that comment has really added to the thread ,?"

Its added my insight after speaking to a pharmacy worker and the ahortage of the meds due to folk buying the product from manufacturers. Thats all.

Forums are for everyones view whether for or against.

Cheers

kilmarnock

"Had a conversation with someone who works in local pharmacy. These retail for £130+ but for the patients who are diabetic and need thia medication the pharmacies are struggling to get the stock in. I wwould not pay for any meds that are used to keep folk living their best lives. I would rather do the hard work, blood, sweat and tears than use this. Thia ia only my opinion. X

Not buying via a pharmacy. N not sure what that comment has really added to the thread ,?

Its added my insight after speaking to a pharmacy worker and the ahortage of the meds due to folk buying the product from manufacturers. Thats all.

Cheers"

Naturally.... Thanks for your product review. But like saying my hotel was shite cos it rained. Well done you

Ayrshire

Cheers

Naturally.... Thanks for your product review. But like saying my hotel was shite cos it rained. Well done you"

Sorry if my opinion is not in line with the way u wanted ur post to go.

kilmarnock

Sorry I was a bit harsh x apologise

Ayrshire

"Sorry I was a bit harsh x apologise "

No need but thank you x

By *o scandalousWoman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

I had been prescribed orlistat but this time round they haven’t worked as well as they should have. I’m older so I don’t know if that’s an issue. My doctor is having a chat with me on Friday, so it will be interesting to see what they will offer me, as my diet and exercise are both good.

Lanarkish

"I had been prescribed orlistat but this time round they haven’t worked as well as they should have. I’m older so I don’t know if that’s an issue. My doctor is having a chat with me on Friday, so it will be interesting to see what they will offer me, as my diet and exercise are both good."

If your diet is good then that’s why the orlistat won’t seem to be working. They work by getting rid of the excess fat so if you’re not eating an overly big amount of fat they won’t do anything.

X

"I had been prescribed orlistat but this time round they haven’t worked as well as they should have. I’m older so I don’t know if that’s an issue. My doctor is having a chat with me on Friday, so it will be interesting to see what they will offer me, as my diet and exercise are both good."
if your diet & exercise are good why do you need anything ?

"I had been prescribed orlistat but this time round they haven’t worked as well as they should have. I’m older so I don’t know if that’s an issue. My doctor is having a chat with me on Friday, so it will be interesting to see what they will offer me, as my diet and exercise are both good.

If your diet is good then that’s why the orlistat won’t seem to be working. They work by getting rid of the excess fat so if you’re not eating an overly big amount of fat they won’t do anything.

X"

^^This too !

By *o scandalousWoman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

I’ve plateaued at a certain weight, and I think a lot of it is held in excess skin through being heavy, then being light, then being heavy and losing it again.

I’m naturally broad and muscular anyway, so although my bmi will be higher, it’s not because of a lot of fat intake.

By *liballyWoman 14 weeks ago

west dunbartonshire

If its saxenda have a look at boots. I had a friend who supplied me it saying she gave me it at her retail price and boots worked out almost 25% cheaper if i bought 5 pens together.

near Glasgow

Did it work for you?

By *eg2509Woman 13 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I bought injections from my local pharmacy. All was going well until my kidneys appear to have stopped working properly or the injections had stopped anything getting through my system, including fluids. I stopped even urinating and the pharmacy said that if things didn’t start working within 24 hrs of stopping I had to go straight to hospital. It just wasn’t worth it for me

By *randmissdemeanourMan 13 weeks ago

glasgow

I have never heard of this. If it works for you then great. I have lost 10lbs since new year with a mixture of healthier eating and increased exercise and feeling a lot better.

By *r - Mrs BCouple 13 weeks ago

scotland

Healthy eating , portion control and exercise , doesn’t cost a penny more and actually works

By *arrach67Man 13 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

"Healthy eating , portion control and exercise , doesn’t cost a penny more and actually works "

I agree to all that .. nutracheck is a cool way of controlling daily intake of calories, protein, carbs, fibre, fats etc as part of a plan

By *UBSISSYEKTV/TS 9 weeks ago

EAST KILBRIDE

You can get them from medexpress and it’s straightforward and in the uk

By *r - Mrs BCouple 9 weeks ago

scotland

[Removed by poster at 17/03/24 07:55:17]

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Those injections are for people with diabetes a medical condition, too all the fattys that can't be bothered going to the gym ,your vanity isn't healthcare. Shame on you as there is a shortage of this medicine.

By *tirling DarkCouple 9 weeks ago

Stirling

Hate to say it but it is sickening when you have people with genuine medical conditions being prescribed these drugs but can't get them because of people can't lose weight. Also, I thought these drugs were POM, how does your friend have them to sell?

By *liballyWoman 9 weeks ago

west dunbartonshire

So first to address the diabetic medication issue- i was on saxenda, i spoke to a weight loss surgeon after it was hard to source and he said its a different form to what diabetics use so if the stock is there buying it is not depriving someone of their different medication.

Second i initially got it through someone i thought of as a friend, turns out they gave me totally wrong instructions, no sharps bin for the needles and charged me more than going through boots. Then it didnt work for me anyway. Had better luck on orlistat which was cheaper but erm unpleasant....

By *et another guyMan 9 weeks ago

near Glasgow

"So first to address the diabetic medication issue- i was on saxenda, i spoke to a weight loss surgeon after it was hard to source and he said its a different form to what diabetics use so if the stock is there buying it is not depriving someone of their different medication.

Second i initially got it through someone i thought of as a friend, turns out they gave me totally wrong instructions, no sharps bin for the needles and charged me more than going through boots. Then it didnt work for me anyway. Had better luck on orlistat which was cheaper but erm unpleasant...."

Did it work for you then

By *liballyWoman 9 weeks ago

west dunbartonshire

It didnt. Sadly. There were a few days it seemed to help but they were near the start of trying it

By *sed2b_luckyoneMan 9 weeks ago

Glasgow

Friend of mine is on them. She got excruciating headaches as a side effect. Lost weight to be fair but stopped cos the headaches were too bad.

She didn’t need them she was gorgeous but hey self confidence is important

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 9 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Those injections are for people with diabetes a medical condition, too all the fattys that can't be bothered going to the gym ,your vanity isn't healthcare. Shame on you as there is a shortage of this medicine. "

Don't need a gym to lose weight and some people struggle to lose weight keep your shitty fatty comment to yourself next time there is no need for it

Thanks

By *traighttothepoint121Man 9 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Best and healthiest cure is calked a treadmill ??

By *esparate danMan 9 weeks ago

glasgow

Try watching the Disclosure programme on iPlayer about it

By *uvnylonsMan 9 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

If your GP won't prescribe it I wouldn't go buying it from anyone. Going to the gym will make you healthier but you won't loose weight because you can't out train a bad diet.

Managing your diet is the best way although it's the longest road. I cut my carb intake right down on Mondays to Friday and eat and drink what I want at the weekends. Its like being on a diet without feeling like your on a diet. I've lost 3st over the past 6 months.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

"Yes I am cautious that's why I am possibly going to get it from my friend who has a friend lol who is doing great with it."

Hi, I sell this, skinny pens? I'd recommend taking half the dose recommended per day and split it? Build up your tolerance see how your body reacts. Is it in an eppy pen like case with a needle?

By *traighttothepoint121Man 8 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Lost the plot if yous think an injection is going to make you slim, where do you think your fat goes? Dissapear does it ffs

How did the injection go. Did it work

By *ittyScritchesWoman 8 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Lost the plot if yous think an injection is going to make you slim, where do you think your fat goes? Dissapear does it ffs "

Wow, we have a true man of science in our midst...

Morbidly curious, where exactly "do you think the fat goes" when people lose weight *without* any medical assistance?

"Lost the plot if yous think an injection is going to make you slim, where do you think your fat goes? Dissapear does it ffs "

If you dont know how it works, then you probably shouldn't give an ignorant answer. It works in two ways, decreases your hunger and urge for fattening food and also increases insulin release to help lower blood sugar levels. And it works.

By *appy 2 lickMan 8 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"Lost the plot if yous think an injection is going to make you slim, where do you think your fat goes? Dissapear does it ffs

If you dont know how it works, then you probably shouldn't give an ignorant answer. It works in two ways, decreases your hunger and urge for fattening food and also increases insulin release to help lower blood sugar levels. And it works. "

I had the injections to help with bloods and weight but I had to stop them.

They had very bad side effects and my stomach has not been right since.

It was a waste of time trying to see the doctor about the problem.

So I just stopped talking it and put the stuff in the bin

By *luebell888Woman 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

10pm on Channel 4 tonight there is a programme called The Truth About the 'Skinny' Jab. Could be interesting.

By *irkby coupleCouple 6 weeks ago

Kirkby

I find it crazy that you want to pump your body with chemicals for results you could quite easily achieve with will power.

Your friend has lost 3 stone in 6 month using dodgy drugs (they won’t be the same as the injections prescribed), I’ve last 5 stone since Nov 23 by limiting my carb intake to 150g a day and it’s been very easy, I’m surprised how easy and also saved a fortune not buying and eating all the junk I did before.

By *irkby coupleCouple 6 weeks ago

Kirkby

How much do you know about the human body?

I don’t know a great deal and some of this maybe wrong, but it kinda goes like this.

You body stores carbs (sugars) on your muscles, excess turns in to fat. When moving around (just general moving, not necessarily a workout) you slowly burn them carbs, eat more food and the carbs are replenished with excess turning in to more fat.

The injection stops your brain asking for more food so you don’t fill back up with carbs.

Once you have used your supply of carbs, your body will start to use fat for energy, the fat does literally disappear.

The injection won’t help everyone, a lot of people eat for the sake of eating, biscuits with their cup of tea, a packet of crisp while watching TV.

If people stuck to 3 meals a day, less people would be over weight.

By *hatEscalatedQuicklyCouple 6 weeks ago

scotland

There was a programme on iPlayer about one of the injections. Yes, your fat will disappear, but unless you're on a much better diet with the right levels of protein and other macros your body will also start to waste away your muscle mass.

It was about people getting these without prescription and therefore without the right advice and follow up checks.

A slimming injection is meant for people with very high bmi because not everyone is able to just exercise as some people have suggested. They aren't designed for people who just want to shift a few lbs.

As with any medication, you shouldn't misuse it, especially, if you don't fully understand the impact.

By *nvernessmaleMan 6 weeks ago

Inverness

I'm on the tablet form of semaglutide. Started last summer and availability was hopeless so started again a month ago. I'm diabetic and really need to shift some weight. Only started on them 3 weeks ago so fingers crossed for good things.

By *traighttothepoint121Man 3 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Get a grip folks no drug or medicine is going to make you lose weight and keeo you healthy af the ssme time, youve lost the plot if you think it will. Join a gym and go on a healthy diet ffs

Lanarkshire

"There was a programme on iPlayer about one of the injections. Yes, your fat will disappear, but unless you're on a much better diet with the right levels of protein and other macros your body will also start to waste away your muscle mass.

It was about people getting these without prescription and therefore without the right advice and follow up checks.

A slimming injection is meant for people with very high bmi because not everyone is able to just exercise as some people have suggested. They aren't designed for people who just want to shift a few lbs.

As with any medication, you shouldn't misuse it, especially, if you don't fully understand the impact."

Not everyone can exercise, why not? Blind people can exercise, wheelchair users, people with down syndrome in my gym along with other severley disabled people, people who say exercise isnt for everyone more than likely nedd to exercise not take drugs thinking youll lose weight without exercising

Lanarkshire

"Lost the plot if yous think an injection is going to make you slim, where do you think your fat goes? Dissapear does it ffs

Wow, we have a true man of science in our midst...

Morbidly curious, where exactly "do you think the fat goes" when people lose weight *without* any medical assistance?"

It doesnt go anywhere unless you exercise or diet, feek fred to7 go and inject yourself with drugs to lose weight

By *ittyScritchesWoman 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"It doesnt go anywhere unless you exercise or diet, feek fred to7 go and inject yourself with drugs to lose weight "

In the same way that people in training take supplements to promote muscle gain when training (because it would be difficult to achieve the same effects trying to get the nutrients from foods), weight loss medications generally control the hormones that can cause food cravings, stimulate hormones that curb appetite, increase metabolism to burn fat or various combinations of the above. No, it won't do much if people continue to overeat without balancing it out with physical activity and for many that extra help is enough to support a change in habits and the resultant weight loss while seeing the effects more quickly provides added motivation. So yes, it does 'disappear' in exactly the same way as weight loss without medical assistance. Being judgey and clapping back about people who might need a bit more help than "just eat less and exercise more" is the same as telling someone with mental health problems to "just go for a walk" and equally lacking in empathy or consideration - people wouldn't be spending so much money on treatments if it was all that easy to do by themselves.

By *ornyscot777TV/TS 3 weeks ago

SCOTLAND

"If your GP won't prescribe it I wouldn't go buying it from anyone. Going to the gym will make you healthier but you won't loose weight because you can't out train a bad diet.

Managing your diet is the best way although it's the longest road. I cut my carb intake right down on Mondays to Friday and eat and drink what I want at the weekends. Its like being on a diet without feeling like your on a diet. I've lost 3st over the past 6 months."

Well done

By *corpioboyMan 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

I know some people can feel quite self conscious going to the gym. Walking is a great form of exercise so if you don’t like going to the gym, walk lots, then walk again then walk some more.

By *traighttothepoint121Man 2 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"It doesnt go anywhere unless you exercise or diet, feek fred to7 go and inject yourself with drugs to lose weight

In the same way that people in training take supplements to promote muscle gain when training (because it would be difficult to achieve the same effects trying to get the nutrients from foods), weight loss medications generally control the hormones that can cause food cravings, stimulate hormones that curb appetite, increase metabolism to burn fat or various combinations of the above. No, it won't do much if people continue to overeat without balancing it out with physical activity and for many that extra help is enough to support a change in habits and the resultant weight loss while seeing the effects more quickly provides added motivation. So yes, it does 'disappear' in exactly the same way as weight loss without medical assistance. Being judgey and clapping back about people who might need a bit more help than "just eat less and exercise more" is the same as telling someone with mental health problems to "just go for a walk" and equally lacking in empathy or consideration - people wouldn't be spending so much money on treatments if it was all that easy to do by themselves."

Yes they would there just brainwashed into thinking exercise is too much work and taking a drug that doesnt exist to lose weight. It takes time to lise weight ibe been on a diet and working out everyday for almost 2 years, still got another year to go to get to where i want to be fitness wise, wont happen overnight takes discipline, consistency and paitience

By *75MarriedBttmMan 2 weeks ago

East Kilbride

Gila monster venom. Can cause horrible problems, stomach paralysis, pancreatitis, bowel blockages. I'd rather have a chunky monkey than a sick skinny woman.

By *alcon43Woman 2 weeks ago

Paisley

I have used it and lost a few pounds but as the dosage increased it made me feel nauseous. It’s expensive it your buying it as well.

By *izzmasterzeroMan 2 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Are your profile pictures up to date because I wouldn't even say you need it in the first place.

Also I don't know anything about this injection but I'm guessing you want to do it out of laziness but if you don't change your diet and lifestyle won't the weight just come back again? So do you have to keep injecting yourself every few months to keep the fat off or is it one and done?

» Add a new message to this topic