FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Ghosting or no shows

Ghosting or no shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    11 weeks ago

So frustrating, why does it happen, it was awful on dating apps, but it’s everywhere now. You wouldn’t just stop talking and walk away IRL, just say thanks, bye etc. I get not responding when there has been no exchange but not after significant exchange. Then there is the no shows, seems to be a lot of online fantasists….. complaint over lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee69Man 11 weeks ago

glasgow

"So frustrating, why does it happen, it was awful on dating apps, but it’s everywhere now. You wouldn’t just stop talking and walk away IRL, just say thanks, bye etc. I get not responding when there has been no exchange but not after significant exchange. Then there is the no shows, seems to be a lot of online fantasists….. complaint over lol"

m8 it’s constant a had a no show couple a week ago , then they message like nothing happened lol , as you say a fantasist dream on here an Kik nowadays, keep yer chin up m8

By *cotsguy4funMan 11 weeks ago

Glasgow/N Lanarkshire

So frustrating but seems to part of the lifestyle unfortunately. So many seem to get off on the arranging to meet rather than actually meeting.

I know that’s the reality, just very frustrating, especially when investing time in building that connections.

"So frustrating but seems to part of the lifestyle unfortunately. So many seem to get off on the arranging to meet rather than actually meeting. "

By *cotsguy4funMan 11 weeks ago

Glasgow/N Lanarkshire

Totally agree, at first I took it personally that it was me but when you hear it happens to so many it's such a shame and waste of people's time.

By *ringles0510Woman 11 weeks ago

Central Borders

That's why I stopped meeting people one on one.

Unfortunately it comes with this online thing. People lie and pretend to be someone they're not x

By *eciltheboldMan 11 weeks ago

the land of neeps and haggis Perthish

False profiles, dreaners scammers and fantasists. The joys of online connections, easy for eople to be someone they not

By *rdadjokesMan 11 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It's terrible such a horrible thing to do it is easy to take it personal sometimes but unfortunately seems to happen to a lot of people even if its a change of mind why not just say a little white lie rather than being a dick and leave someone waiting and wondering.

By *hYouNaughtyKittenWoman 11 weeks ago

Fife

It’s so common these days. Communication seems to be a dying skill for a lot of people.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 11 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I think it mostly happens because some not all don’t take their time in getting to know people before diving in to asking for a meet .

Always do a social meet first that way if you get a no show it won’t be as bad than if you had prepared for a meet .

If the meet was arranged from this site then click on their profile and report as arranged to need but failed to show .

I’m sure if it happens many times with the same profile then admin would act on it .

Op I’m not saying you rushed into a meet but many do on here .

Absolutely, it’s amazing the replies you get in a conversation (when I get replies lol)

"It’s so common these days. Communication seems to be a dying skill for a lot of people. "

To be fair, the 3 I have had arranged weren’t initiated by me, so made it more infuriating

"I think it mostly happens because some not all don’t take their time in getting to know people before diving in to asking for a meet .

Always do a social meet first that way if you get a no show it won’t be as bad than if you had prepared for a meet .

If the meet was arranged from this site then click on their profile and report as arranged to need but failed to show .

I’m sure if it happens many times with the same profile then admin would act on it .

Op I’m not saying you rushed into a meet but many do on here . "

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 11 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"To be fair, the 3 I have had arranged weren’t initiated by me, so made it more infuriating

I think it mostly happens because some not all don’t take their time in getting to know people before diving in to asking for a meet .

yes but if they agreed to meet then didn’t show without letting you know you can still report them for arranging to meet but not showing up

By *eptune1Man 11 weeks ago

The Bay

There’s just so many dynamics on here that can result in a no show, from nervous first timers, nerves, couples falling out, fantasists, donuts…the list goes on.

No excuse for not letting you know tho.

As for communication, it’s definitely died a death. I’m almost surprised nowadays if I get a half decent message back lol

By *ab365XMan 11 weeks ago

Paisley

I’ve had it happen countless times to me on here, there’s nothing worse, there is nothing but utter fantasists & spam merchants on here. It’s such a let down.

By *ife NinjaMan 11 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Had a couple of times. Prefer clubs instead

By *opeyXWoman 11 weeks ago

somewhere

"There’s just so many dynamics on here that can result in a no show, from nervous first timers, nerves, couples falling out, fantasists, donuts…the list goes on.

No excuse for not letting you know tho.

As for communication, it’s definitely died a death. I’m almost surprised nowadays if I get a half decent message back lol"

Donuts!

By *opeyXWoman 11 weeks ago

somewhere

I think alot of the genuine folk go to the organised socials and clubs, saves wasting time with the messaging thing.

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS 10 weeks ago

dudley

From my point of view I find it infuriating, From those of us in Tv,TS,Cd category we have to spend one hell of a long time getting ready if we do things properly….. then it’s often all for nothing Best thing is go to a club or social event, Yes I’ve met loads off here, but most of them haven’t been directly from here (they just happen to be on fab)

By *omble 69Man 10 weeks ago

Symington

Socials or clubs definitely and then you know your also in a safe environment

By *heRingerMasterMan 10 weeks ago

Glasgow

There’s quite a few couples (legit , verified profiles, that I have chatted and been in communication for a long time) that I think like the idea of

A meet but not the execution or fantasists who just lead folk on as a wee bit of a thrill for themselves (like the mrs getting attention etc) but have no inclination to follow through with a full meet. Had it several times with couples who have brought up the idea of a meet (social and fun) , they have gave the details and then disappeared off the face of the planet a few days before. Feels like a lead on. Would understand if it was me pressuring them and asking for a meet but why set up a meet yourself and then ghost? Strange

By *ornylee69Man 10 weeks ago

kirkcaldy

"That's why I stopped meeting people one on one.

Unfortunately it comes with this online thing. People lie and pretend to be someone they're not x"

That's the problem, you have no real clue who people are

By *itty.kat2023Woman 10 weeks ago

Kirkcaldy

I've had a few where socials have been set up then I've been blocked as I'm driving to them, or I've been sat waiting and they've been deliberately lying saying on their way, almost there, in the carpark at the pub when they're not, then they've had the cheek to block me before I can report them. Hard not to take it personally.

By (user no longer on site) OP    10 weeks ago

"I've had a few where socials have been set up then I've been blocked as I'm driving to them, or I've been sat waiting and they've been deliberately lying saying on their way, almost there, in the carpark at the pub when they're not, then they've had the cheek to block me before I can report them. Hard not to take it personally. "

It’s so hard and not in a good way

By *tsJustKateWoman 7 weeks ago

London

Had a cancellation today 3 hours before meet time, then finding another guy who turned out to be a no show. Must be losing my touch or "I'm just getting to old for this shit"

By *ookie69Man 7 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

"So frustrating, why does it happen, it was awful on dating apps, but it’s everywhere now. You wouldn’t just stop talking and walk away IRL, just say thanks, bye etc. I get not responding when there has been no exchange but not after significant exchange. Then there is the no shows, seems to be a lot of online fantasists….. complaint over lol"

Unfortunately OP,

Anyone can change their minds at any given time.

As much as it’s not nice being in that situation as you probably made some commitment and arrangements, there may be a genuine reason.

You also are not entitled to warrant an explanation but it’s courtesy.

Just move on boss

Good luck

By *ojoabcMan 7 weeks ago

Livingston

There is a lot of it on here. Never used to be like that.

By *eiaorganaWoman 7 weeks ago

Dundee

"I've had a few where socials have been set up then I've been blocked as I'm driving to them, or I've been sat waiting and they've been deliberately lying saying on their way, almost there, in the carpark at the pub when they're not, then they've had the cheek to block me before I can report them. Hard not to take it personally. "

You can still report them even if they've blocked you

By *etsgoexploring3Man 7 weeks ago

Teesside

Apparently it is even happening in interviews for jobs, so if people are willing to do that in their working life, then don’t be surprised if they do it with someone here.

By *illing witchCouple 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

Nothing surprises me anymore.....

By *ampWithABrainWoman 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

Yep it’s happening in all areas of life now. Poor communication skills, people aren’t being taught/employing basic good manners - that’s all it is after all.

Personally here I like to chat a bit first (note - if you’ve a message thread/sent message and they block you then you can use the message to report to admin), first meet unless I’ve met them at a club or group social is always a public social for a variety of reasons this being one of them. I always have a plan b too so usually arrange to meet city centre then if no show I can do a bit of shopping or cinema or see if any other friends about to meet for a coffee or something.

Think of it as a bullet dodged op

You don’t wanna be messed about long term by somebody like this.

If they give me an excuse like they/a loved one has had an accident/taken ill or childcare issues etc then they get one more chance - after all life happens and I’ve very occasionally had to cancel/postpone for such reasons. But fool me twice… not happening!

Also why I tend to avoid newbies and those not meet verified by at least 2 members. The chat is a good way usually to suss people out but also just experience I am afraid.

There are certain clues also to things like if it’s a fake profile, if they’re married/attached, if they’re likely to chicken out etc.

By *siaessex2Couple 7 weeks ago

essex

happened to us Sunday night been chatting to a guy over 6 months arranged a meet.he never turned up I even had his phone number.called him 6 times no answer. Wanker.

By *eebzMan 7 weeks ago

Falkirk

"It’s so common these days. Communication seems to be a dying skill for a lot of people. "

Yeah exactly this and a lack of common decency too

By *hogun300Man 7 weeks ago

Dundee

"Apparently it is even happening in interviews for jobs, so if people are willing to do that in their working life, then don’t be surprised if they do it with someone here."

Deff is, I was due to interview 5 candidates over last couple of days. So far interviewed none. 2 no shows, 2 cancelled and 1 re arranged.

By *ee69Man 7 weeks ago

glasgow

"Apparently it is even happening in interviews for jobs, so if people are willing to do that in their working life, then don’t be surprised if they do it with someone here.

Deff is, I was due to interview 5 candidates over last couple of days. So far interviewed none. 2 no shows, 2 cancelled and 1 re arranged. "

Wtf that’s mad m8 , how would you expect to get a job if you can’t even turn up for interviews or have the cheek to rearrange, a wouldn’t take them on

By *ornycouple 777Couple 7 weeks ago

cumbernauld

We have stayed over at hotel few times and arranged a meet with single guys two even asked for proof we were staying at said hotels which we provided and no shows with 3 of them so it has put the mrs of meeting which then ruins it for genuine people on here .

By *yr48Man 7 weeks ago

ayr

Had one last week arranged to meet all going well then they just blocked me for no reason wtf

By *traighttothepoint121Man 6 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"I think it mostly happens because some not all don’t take their time in getting to know people before diving in to asking for a meet .

Ive reported a few people who have arranged to meet but not turned up or turned phone off on the day of meeting rbut nothing seems to happen there still active and probably still ripping the piss out of genuine guys looking for fun, genuinely believe people get a thrill out of it

By *lbie6Man 6 weeks ago

glasgow

You chat think they are genuine friend you think they want too meet then disappear happens alot to me

By *rioxxxMan 6 weeks ago

edinburgh

Make space at the bottom of your profile and name the little turds

By *ohn pcoolMan 6 weeks ago

Inverness

I've had that on here and t.nder, met a lovely submissive on here had a good few meets much fun had by all then heard a rumour she was married. Asked her and poof she disappeared into the ether.

» Add a new message to this topic