FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Moxy hotel Glasgow

Moxy hotel Glasgow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ancy38 OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

galway

Hi, just wanting information on the Moxy hotel in Glasgow for bringing a 3rd person to my room. Is it ok for the 3rd to get in the front door, up the stairs or lift to the room uninterrupted.

Reason I ask, I'm ready to book for a night and don't want the same disappointment as I did last time I was in Glasgow with another hotel. The front door was locked. I gave the 3rd person a card key but the receptionist still wouldn't allow them up to the room. Was very disappointed not to get playing that night and don't want the same thing happening this time around.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_911Couple 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

We were asbsolutley fine, there might have actually been 4 of us from memory. Was annoyed they didn't do room serice as I was peckish before we headed to CJ's.

galway

"We were asbsolutley fine, there might have actually been 4 of us from memory. Was annoyed they didn't do room serice as I was peckish before we headed to CJ's."

But what about after 12 at night though

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

Interesting thread, is this a known issue with hotels?

By *otbox88Man 6 weeks ago

stirling

Easy hotel in Glasgow just need key card to open front door and don't have to go anywhere near reception in the door and up in the lift then to the room

By *inky-kk69Woman 6 weeks ago

irvine

"We were asbsolutley fine, there might have actually been 4 of us from memory. Was annoyed they didn't do room serice as I was peckish before we headed to CJ's.

But what about after 12 at night though "

Need keycard to get in building and need use it for lift access. But again no issues with other people

By *ilver_medalistMan 6 weeks ago

belfast

"Easy hotel in Glasgow just need key card to open front door and don't have to go anywhere near reception in the door and up in the lift then to the room "

Yeah but you'd be lucky to get more than two people into thier rooms.

By *eebzMan 6 weeks ago

Falkirk

"Hi, just wanting information on the Moxy hotel in Glasgow for bringing a 3rd person to my room. Is it ok for the 3rd to get in the front door, up the stairs or lift to the room uninterrupted.

Reason I ask, I'm ready to book for a night and don't want the same disappointment as I did last time I was in Glasgow with another hotel. The front door was locked. I gave the 3rd person a card key but the receptionist still wouldn't allow them up to the room. Was very disappointed not to get playing that night and don't want the same thing happening this time around. "

Aww that’s brutal darlin,every hotel I’ve ever been to in Glasgow the key card trick has worked no problem,I haven’t stayed at the Moxy tho so I couldn’t say for sure

galway

"We were asbsolutley fine, there might have actually been 4 of us from memory. Was annoyed they didn't do room serice as I was peckish before we headed to CJ's.

But what about after 12 at night though

Need keycard to get in building and need use it for lift access. But again no issues with other people "

I gave a 3rd person a key card but they wouldn't let them in the front door.

Iv found jury's decent n had a lot more than 3 hehe

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 6 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

The Travelodge was fine when all the women from the Corrs came up to my room. Just the usual autograph hunters.

galway

"Iv found jury's decent n had a lot more than 3 hehe"

Is that on Jamaica street

By *heel markMan 6 weeks ago

beside the sea

"Easy hotel in Glasgow just need key card to open front door and don't have to go anywhere near reception in the door and up in the lift then to the room "

That must be the most depressing hotel ever! I stayed there not long ago and the rooms are bare ,nothing but a bed you couldn't even walk around. It was a maze inside and stunk of green , no parking either, I chanced my luck on double yellows knowing I was leaving early.

"Iv found jury's decent n had a lot more than 3 hehe

Is that on Jamaica street "

Yes

By *e libertineMan 6 weeks ago

glasgow

"Hi, just wanting information on the Moxy hotel in Glasgow for bringing a 3rd person to my room. Is it ok for the 3rd to get in the front door, up the stairs or lift to the room uninterrupted.

Reason I ask, I'm ready to book for a night and don't want the same disappointment as I did last time I was in Glasgow with another hotel. The front door was locked. I gave the 3rd person a card key but the receptionist still wouldn't allow them up to the room. Was very disappointed not to get playing that night and don't want the same thing happening this time around. "

We always get 2x cards we walk in as a couple on one card whilst the 3rd acts seperatley from us or we hold the door open for them as if we are being polite to a stranger etc .

By *ophia_cdTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Dundee

I asked the apex in Dundee if they allowed guests up to rooms but they said I would have to come down to reception to meet them.

They don't send people up to rooms but I think most hotels are the same.

By *hort Stop 1969Woman 6 weeks ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

Easy hotel rooms are rather claustrophobic for 1-2 people. I couldn't imagine a third person in them!

By *eebzMan 6 weeks ago

Falkirk

Reason I ask, I'm ready to book for a night and don't want the same disappointment as I did last time I was in Glasgow with another hotel. The front door was locked. I gave the 3rd person a card key but the receptionist still wouldn't allow them up to the room. Was very disappointed not to get playing that night and don't want the same thing happening this time around.

We always get 2x cards we walk in as a couple on one card whilst the 3rd acts seperatley from us or we hold the door open for them as if we are being polite to a stranger etc ."

That’s exactly how it’s done,smooth as you like

By *crambledMan 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

As a hotel night manager, I love reading these posts

By *ralPerfectionistMan 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Always find this funny because people book hotels then don't really figure out the logistics before inviting someone up.

I've found myself in random stairwells and or lifts that need key cards because it's not been thought out, great for you to preplan!

Much easier to pop down and meet them in reception or outside and take them up? Reception don't care what you are up to, just that nobody is breaking in to rob the place

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 5 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"Always find this funny because people book hotels then don't really figure out the logistics before inviting someone up.

I've found myself in random stairwells and or lifts that need key cards because it's not been thought out, great for you to preplan!

Much easier to pop down and meet them in reception or outside and take them up? Reception don't care what you are up to, just that nobody is breaking in to rob the place"

Probably a little difficult when they meet you as a French maid in the lobby, with a dress that has ridden up to reveal fishnet stockings and suspenders, overly made up with bright red lipstick, greeting you with "ooh la la messieur" whilst waiving a feather duster.

Maybe not. I've been to Travelodge, Salford.

By *ancy38 OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

galway

"Always find this funny because people book hotels then don't really figure out the logistics before inviting someone up.

Much easier to pop down and meet them in reception or outside and take them up? Reception don't care what you are up to, just that nobody is breaking in to rob the place"

Reception wouldn't let a 3rd up to the room the last time I was in Glasgow

» Add a new message to this topic