FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Txt Talk/Tok...

Txt Talk/Tok...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Am I alone in being immediately put off by someone who toks lik dis? Is it such a hardship to actually fecking type properly or is the world just completely fucked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have to say it totally puts us off. I dont even reply to those messages!

By *latharerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow CC

I listened to a radio presenter try and read out an email from a listener written like that. I turned it off in disgust that they even attempted to waste their time reading it.

2 rite m8

"2 rite m8 "
but yes i agree also

I shelley never do text talk . Iain does it now and then but it's more that he's in a hurry than anything else if he's messaging in between his jobs. I'm always saying to him. "Type it out properly" lol

Yeah, I have absolutely no time for messages like that, or one's that are "Hi howz u?". I understand there is no shortage of people with dyslexia and that I can understand (and almost tolerate). But, some folk just aren't making any effort to even try to sting a coherent sentence together. People moan that incomers and immigrants are diluting our country and what it means to be Scottish / English / British, but yet we let these txt spk half wits and arseholes who don't even know what a dictionary is dilute our beautiful language. Rant over.

I hate it, but what is really really sad is, the staff in the tax office have been told to treat any correspondence in txt spk as if it were plain English and respond accordingly, the world has gone completely mad

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Yeah, I have absolutely no time for messages like that, or one's that are "Hi howz u?". I understand there is no shortage of people with dyslexia and that I can understand (and almost tolerate). But, some folk just aren't making any effort to even try to sting a coherent sentence together. People moan that incomers and immigrants are diluting our country and what it means to be Scottish / English / British, but yet we let these txt spk half wits and arseholes who don't even know what a dictionary is dilute our beautiful language. Rant over."

Amen brudda! Do you lads not say Shree instead of three though?

"Amen brudda! Do you lads not say Shree instead of three though? "

No, I say three. I try and make a concerted effort to speak well and use the Queens good English to make up for the fact I swear so much in real life. I might swear like a fish wife, but let it not be said I am not well spoken.

Also, I've just noticed a typo in my first post, I meant to say string, not sting. Damn auto correct.

Got to agree I hate it don't get me wrong my typing is god awful and my fone has a.mind of its own but I can't bring myself to.use text spk also a good warning I.am talking to.someone too much younger than me lol

I must admit I'm bad for it. Because I use my phone for fab usually sometimes I forget & start typing in text mode

Txt spk was used primarily to condense messages into 160 characters, this was so we could save money back in the days we used to get charged 12p a message. In this day and age of free message allowances and apps such as Kik, BBM and WhatsApp there is no need to resort to using this horrid bastardisation of the language.

"Got to agree I hate it don't get me wrong my typing is god awful and my fone has a.mind of its own but I can't bring myself to.use text spk also a good warning I.am talking to.someone too much younger than me lol"

Erm.. Is fone not txt spk for phone?

[Removed by poster at 29/04/14 20:57:30]

Beauty does it slightly at times but think it's more a trying to multitask with the wee one that causes it lol

Drives me nuts when i get emails from customers at times and they can't type properly, trying to understand what they actually mean in the email is a nightmare at times lol

Geek

Dont mind it, as long as u can understand it .

» Add a new message to this topic