FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Cycling

Cycling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well now that the lighter nights are creeping back in, anyone else on here into biking/cycling?

Either mountain bike or road?

Just curious about who I may bump into on the trails

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am a keen road cycle I go out with Lothian cyclists and I am doing a few sportive .so need to get back out

Both road and mountain bikes have been service and trip to Mallorca booked. Need to temperature to rise a bit before I'll be heading out on the roads. Spinning for me at the moment.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Needing to get out soon to work off a few extra pounds gained over winter. I don't do too much road riding if I can help it. Have a mountain bike and a dual sport hybrid depending on how rugged I want to go. Will probably stick to light trails and quiet roads on the hybrid for the first couple of months to build up the stamina again before I have a thrash about on more rugged terrain on the MTB. Needing the temperature to rise a bit first though. Not much fun sitting there riding into freezing conditions

I came off my road bike and smashed my femur in August. Just about the stage to head back out on the mountain bike to start.

Carron Valley trails are good for a nice day

"Both road and mountain bikes have been service and trip to Mallorca booked. Need to temperature to rise a bit before I'll be heading out on the roads. Spinning for me at the moment."

I worked in Mallorca for a year lovely island!

Yup.. looking forward to getting back out on the road.. the inside of my garage is getting mighty boring for riding in.

By *ags22Couple  over a year ago

Dundee

Need to get back on my road bike and get a bit of fitness back.

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Still a bit icy, despite the gritters out n about

Carton Valley is good for getting your rhythm back

By *obo999Man  over a year ago

Fife

Mountain bikes for me. If you are too cold you aren't pedalling hard enough! I couldn't get my shoes off the other night because my laces had frozen solid haha

Cyclists out there can I ask why some insist in wearing dark clothing when on a bike.

I drive a coach and nearly run over a cyclist on an unlit road without lights and no hi-viz on (nearly shit myself)

We all could rant about each others actions on the road, all I wish is you be seen, lights and hi-viz.

Be safe. Jim

I like my mountain biking not been out much over the last few months.

Perth has some new trails

By *obo999Man  over a year ago

Fife

"Cyclists out there can I ask why some insist in wearing dark clothing when on a bike.

I drive a coach and nearly run over a cyclist on an unlit road without lights and no hi-viz on (nearly shit myself)

We all could rant about each others actions on the road, all I wish is you be seen, lights and hi-viz.

Be safe. Jim "

Any serious cyclist would usually try and make sure they are seen. Roads are for cars and motorbikes anyway, get off the roads and get muddy if you want to go cycling and have fun

Have a mountain bike myself (Mr). Played a big part in my recent weight loss that's for sure. Use it for all round riding. Just ordered a new set of forks, will be servicing it this weekend.

There's a lovely couple I know that love cycling. Think the lad was really into his endurance training and then they both started doing it together which I thought was really lovely. Cycling is one of those sports and hobbies that I would love if I had someone to do it with...who was also as unfit as I am haha

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

That's not a cyclist. Just a person on a bike

"Cyclists out there can I ask why some insist in wearing dark clothing when on a bike.

Be safe. Jim "

Those people are known as twats. The few times I'm out when it's dark, my lights are so bright that I get flashed at. I can see, and drivers can see me.

It's time to get back on the saddle, have a mountain bike for forestry trails in aberfoyle, pentlands etc, I tried it in some of the Cairngorm trails but need to be fitter. I use a Hybrid for work and cycle tracks. Two lights front and back when dark and the usual yellow reflective jacket (knocked off previously). My bug bear is folk not having a bell on their bike, particularly on cycle tracks shared with walkers, as it gives cyclists a bad reputation.

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"

Any serious cyclist would usually try and make sure they are seen. Roads are for cars and motorbikes anyway, get off the roads and get muddy if you want to go cycling and have fun "

Big push around Glasgow area for cycle lanes adjacent to roads.

Don't confuse road cycling, be it club runs road races time trials or timed endurance events with everyday non racing cyclists who are entitled to road usage.

I wear a safety helmet from experience, concussion isn't nice to recover from.

Everything I wear is dark, but the rear is reflective along with the shoes, rear bag, lights etc...

TBH - cars are always great, it's people and dogs that get in the way more on some trails.

I do a lot of cycling in the summer. Loch Lomond area mostly.

"I like my mountain biking not been out much over the last few months.

Perth has some new trails"

Thought the "steep side" of Falkland hill would be closer and better for you, the side going down onto Falkland has an excellent downhill track which is an extreme decline, can be dodgy t bits and not for the un-experienced

Did 48m on the road yesterday. New saddle, slight nappy rash

By *ixie and adamCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Be safe. Jim

"

Agree with others, cyclists who don't use lights are just idiots. If I ever pass anyone like that I let them know how fecking daft they are.

I'm a member of a club and all riders come out on the winter training rides are lit up like a Christmas tree. If you're not you will be either given a couple of lights from others to attach to your bike, or you will be told to go home.

Adam

By *ixie and adamCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Did 48m on the road yesterday. New saddle, slight nappy rash"

Get better shorts (any excuse to buy bike kit!)... Also need to use loads of chamois cream!

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Gutted not getting out on club run today, as down with manflu! Cracking day for a ride.

Just about to head out on this beautiful day! Be rude not too

I was out with my cycling club yesterday 35 mile but totally freezing

"Did 48m on the road yesterday. New saddle, slight nappy rash

Get better shorts (any excuse to buy bike kit!)... Also need to use loads of chamois cream! "

It's a hard Brooks cambium saddle but it'll be fine. I just hadn't been for a decent run due to work for a while. My top tip is don't buy expensive "chamois" cream from a bike shop.

Buy less expensive "udder cream" from a farm supplies shop. It's the same stuff and much cheaper

After lots o miles aparently the brooks saddle molds to shape of your bum .the seat on my giant cyclo cross a gel dynamic seat injected with mould I would recommend good cycling shorts and cycling trousers. When I cycle I wear boxers then the cycling shorts then the cycling trousers

It's turning pants this thread....

Yup trunks, padded shorts, longs for me. Cream before and after. Did 25 m off road today Glentress/ Innerleithen.

Cracking day

Nice well done 35 mile is sat including the 2 mile incline up thr granits

» Add a new message to this topic