FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > car help .. please

car help .. please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ayne n Jock OP   Couple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Having a wonderful day NOT ;-( my new car is not ready even though it was ordered a week past saturday ago .. dvla taking longer to transfer my private plate to it .. they are thinking it will be another few days but as my mot is out on my car tomorrow, they say about mot'ing it and giving me it back till new car paperwork through. I have salesmans car at moment.

They have not got a hope in hell of getting my old car through mot. The engine is on it's way out and the reek coming out the back will never pass the emmissions test LOL If they do it's a scam!

Have been told by my neighbour not to accept it back [he's a mechanice LOL] so made up a wee story about my insurance company saying that technically it's sold and I am no longer insured to drive it LOL Will have to keep salesreps new car a few days longer hahahaha

Does this sound reasonable??? LOL

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i would let them try and mot it while you still hold on to salesman car! lol. the agreement has been signed, it's not your fault it fell into such disrepair while they owned it! lol

And prolly what you say about insurance is true. At moment you technically have no car so no insurance......till you have your new car of course!! Easy peasy...

Dunfermline

Thank you .. just wanted to know if it was a plausable tale LOL

Well they have had it since 10.30 this morning and I have not had a call back to say it's MOT'ed yet LOL will just have to keep buzzing about fife in the Salesmans new car hahaha x

Mind that an insurer may refuse to insure a car with no MOT and that even if off road it still needs insurance and SORNED.

s

Dunfermline

My [old] car is out of MOT tomorrow .. it's sitting at the garage and will be taken to the market on the next trip. Have often heard of selling without MOT at the auctions. It's 8 yrs old and seemingly if over 5 yrs .. garage does not keep them to sell on. It has been re registered .. as for insurance - it will come under the garages insurance now I would have thought .. SORN - up to garage now 2.

So technically not my responsibility any more .. I signed the papers & handed it over this morning x

If I am wrong .. please enlighten me

Not had this waiting situation before LOL x

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

Its not your problem... You no longer own the car its now up to the garage to make sure it passes its mot and is insured. p.s most garages have a supply of cars that the sales team are able to use so just tell them your keeping the one you have lol!

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

has your cherished transfer gone through? as the donor vehicle (Your old one!) must be mot'd, taxed and insured in order to remove your number and transfer to a new vehicle.

I had a similar problem with a previous car being untaxed.

Think theres a dvla place in sighthill,Edinburgh where you walk in to get number plate thing sorted there and then, not 100%

Dunfermline

DVLA sorting out the transfer as we speak [hopefully] .. car salesman went to Dundee the other day in person to hand in paperwork [I thought it could have happened last week but who am I ?? LOL]

Hopefully DVLA will sort it before MOT run out tomorrow LOL I still have it insured on my insurance theoretically but not telling garage that LOL

if it isnt done before the mot runs out you have given them plenty time to sort it as your new car was ordered over a week ago, and not your fault. It is their responsibility to MOT it as it expired while in their care, while they weren't doing their job!

dvla in dundee only operate as post box kinda thing you can get car tax and stuff basically a post office but anything to deal with no plates and stuff have to be sent on to swansea from there they dont deal with it

Dunfermline

That must be why it is taking so long then .. paperwork has to be sent to Swansea ;-(

I still have not heard from garage so looks like Salesman ain't getting his car back 2nite LOL

Dunfermline

It's soooo annoying 2 .. my new car is sitting in their yard with my reg plate on it ready to drive away .. but with no paperwork it's impossible

I have very little patience at times .. already waited 12 days

By *igtechMan  over a year ago

Stonehaven

no like us went in had new hummer h3 within 4 hours on road in 6 paid sign sealed done

Dunfermline

but did you have a private plate to get swapped across??? LOL

Dunfermline

over 24 hrs later & still waiting for phonecall about my old car being MOT'ed LOL

Salesman's car been to the Gyle shopping today hahaha

Dunfermline

Still waiting on call from garage LOL .. had salesman's car for 3 days so far LOL Seatcovers I ordered now arrived so just want my car to put them on

How long do you think I should accept this crap before going into 'mad female' mode??? hahaha

Dunfermline

UPDATE .. still waiting on my new car .. been 19 days now!!! Seemingly the private plate is swapped across but I get the new V5 in the post from DVLA [should have been today!] and cannot pick it up till that paperwork through but good to go as far as garage concerned [they say].

Is this true? Do I need V5 or could I just go and take it away today??

Anyone know the in's & out's of this one please??

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

cant understand why you should have a problem with a cherished number change.technically your car is no longer yours but the garages so they are lending it back to you so your insurance will cover it 3rd party as it does not belong to you.

anywhere

who applied for the transfer of number plate?did you not put it on retention 1st?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"cant understand why you should have a problem with a cherished number change.technically your car is no longer yours but the garages so they are lending it back to you so your insurance will cover it 3rd party as it does not belong to you."

Would never drive a car 3rd party, just now worth the agro if something happened.

anywhere

if the garage is happy to loan you the car back on a 3rd party basis there is not a problem as the only thing not covered is their car and as they have loaned it that becomes their problem.

we had same problem and it was down to garage not having v5 to tax the car, hence they won`t let it go till they get everything in place took us over 3 weeks also,

I wouldnt take it until i had all the paperwork in my hands.

Dunfermline

GOT MY CAR

garage said it needed to wait till I received V5 .. I phoned DVLA and they said it was all transferred but could take up to 4 weeks to send out V5 .. as all paperwork sorted I could drive my car & okay to do so before I got V5 !!

SO I sorted insurance, got them to fax cover to garage.. then phoned garage & told them I was coming for my car this afternoon LOL

A HAPPY LADY lol

thanks for your input folks!

grand!!!

» Add a new message to this topic