FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Socials n get togethers

Socials n get togethers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now my definition off a Social is when new people out number the regulars and a get together in my eyes would be when Regular attendees to Socials out number the Newbies or are they both the same and i just dont see it .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

A group social on here would be open to everyone, not sure the ratio of friends to newbies can be controlled as it's generally first come first served. If it's just friends meeting up and not opened up to others then it's a get together. I think

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

Does it matter!! Both are great and always such fun, my socials are a social but are also a get together for fab members to meet others from the same lifestyle, but.... could you not have a 'get together' for those wishing to meet for more than a social ... as it's fab members 'getting together'for fun/party...

So completely different meanings... imo

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do we need to put a label on it?

What's a newbie? What's a Regular?

Were we not all newbies once?

They are events for like minded people to meet each other! As simple as that for me.

OP if you see an event you fancy, put your name down, dinnae worry about newbies, regulars and all that jazz.

Go and have fun

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do we need to put a label on it?

What's a newbie? What's a Regular?

Were we not all newbies once?

They are events for like minded people to meet each other! As simple as that for me.

OP if you see an event you fancy, put your name down, dinnae worry about newbies, regulars and all that jazz.

Go and have fun "

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Who cares!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wonders if this post should go in the club section

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Now my definition off a Social is when new people out number the regulars and a get together in my eyes would be when Regular attendees to Socials out number the Newbies or are they both the same and i just dont see it ."
A social to me is just a get together in a pub with a mix of people some who know each other and some who dont

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Does it matter!! Both are great and always such fun, my socials are a social but are also a get together for fab members to meet others from the same lifestyle, but.... could you not have a 'get together' for those wishing to meet for more than a social ... as it's fab members 'getting together'for fun/party...

So completely different

meanings... imo"

Confused even more after reading your reply .

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

"Does it matter!! Both are great and always such fun, my socials are a social but are also a get together for fab members to meet others from the same lifestyle, but.... could you not have a 'get together' for those wishing to meet for more than a social ... as it's fab members 'getting together'for fun/party...

So completely different

meanings... imo

Confused even more after reading your reply . "

Must be easily confused

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Our socials we try and make it as good a mix as possible, plenty of newbies too so it’s a good mix but sometimes you get the unsociable people who attend socials at times... those people don’t get an invite back again and that space is opened upto newbies

Socials are sometimes more hassle than they should be but simple enough for others to take a turn doing one so it’s not always left to the same people, if we all chip in then it would be a lot easier

John

» Add a new message to this topic