FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Smoking vs e-cigs

Smoking vs e-cigs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *liver Closoff OP   Man  over a year ago

Ayr

Need some help here fellow fabbers! Any time I see anyone's profile that states 'won't meet smokers' I instantly will pass that person by out of respect for their choices. But if you vape is that the same? I do vape but I also smoke the odd snout when I'm out! It's all so confusing!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Its simply not the same though many class it the same.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No smoke without fire.

No fire involved with e-cigs so not “smoking”

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

I can't stand smoking but I'll happily meet a woman who smokes. I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house though. What box do I tick for that?

The smell from smokers gives me the boak big time so I'd pass.

Baking...not sure...though the smell isn't the same the smoke would probably bother me.

The truth is, most guys would meet a smoker even if their profiles stated against it.

Most guys would meet any woman and backtrack on any of their preferences or stipulations.

If you smoke the “odd snout” when you are out you are a smoker

I hate this lie ... i once dated a guy that put on his online profile non smoker , then at the end of the first date he went into a newsagents to buy cigarettes because he just “liked one or two when he was out” - which he couldnt keep up for very long and it turned out he smoked about 20 a day ... and after we split up he was online again as a non smoker

I get its a personal choice and if you want to smoke its none of my business, but for non smokers the stink of it is really untolerable so the least you can do is be honest with people to let them make their own decision if they want to be around you

Ayr

Totally understand this, I do state I'm a smoker on my profile and wouldn't tell anyone otherwise!

"The truth is, most guys would meet a smoker even if their profiles stated against it.

Most guys would meet any woman and backtrack on any of their preferences or stipulations. "

True, but if you do meet someone and there's a spark then most people look beyond the less desirable stuff......or it may just be they want to empty their sack right enough.

Ayr

"The smell from smokers gives me the boak big time so I'd pass.

Baking...not sure...though the smell isn't the same the smoke would probably bother me."

I think the smoke coming from your baking should really bother you! ??

Ayr

"I can't stand smoking but I'll happily meet a woman who smokes. I wouldn't let anyone smoke in my house though. What box do I tick for that? "

You really are a deep thinker!! ??

Ayr

[Removed by poster at 29/07/18 10:38:36]

Ayr

"Its simply not the same though many class it the same.

"

Baking...not sure...though the smell isn't the same the smoke would probably bother me.

I think the smoke coming from your baking should really bother you! ??"

Feckin phone.

Though, truth be told, I am a shite cook!

Ayr

I think the smoke coming from your baking should really bother you! ??

Feckin phone.

Though, truth be told, I am a shite cook!"

coatbridge

The term e-cig dosnt help matters i use a mod and dripper to vape it has nothing to do with cigarette products

Some of the e-cigs and vapes smell really bad....

Not as bad as full fat fags though

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"The term e-cig dosnt help matters i use a mod and dripper to vape it has nothing to do with cigarette products "

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry.

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

"The term e-cig dosnt help matters i use a mod and dripper to vape it has nothing to do with cigarette products

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry. "

Best no sit any where with air.con then or in a confined space as just exhaling when you breath releases all those pesky germs etc

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 29/07/18 19:59:11]

coatbridge

"The term e-cig dosnt help matters i use a mod and dripper to vape it has nothing to do with cigarette products

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry. "

wrong no amoke its vapour everything in my oil you eat in your foods so kinda negates that also alot of misconceptions around vaping like the popcorn lung scare that dolk caused or antifreeze being used all of which is proven nonsense.

Peobably more harmful chems being released from aerosol products and perfume aftershave products perhaps these should also be banned in public spaces

Ecigs are vapour. Vapes have oil in them. That oil is inhaled into your lungs (hence the link to popcorn lung).

Still a lot of research to be done, but vapes and ecigs are definitely better than fags.

Reformed smoker here

Blantyre

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry.

Best no sit any where with air.con then or in a confined space as just exhaling when you breath releases all those pesky germs etc "

Air con is a benefit and breathing is a necessity for life inhaling others vapours is not . It's a choice enforced on my by the user.

Blantyre

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry. wrong no amoke its vapour everything in my oil you eat in your foods so kinda negates that also alot of misconceptions around vaping like the popcorn lung scare that dolk caused or antifreeze being used all of which is proven nonsense.

Peobably more harmful chems being released from aerosol products and perfume aftershave products perhaps these should also be banned in public spaces "

what a load of mince. The oils I eat never came via your lungs first

Blantyre

Do you inhale chemicals , do you exhale chemicals in my view one is as bad as the other. That cloud of harmless mist you produce is claimed to be harmless ? . But the fact there is a plume of smoke means those vapours are carrying microscopic particles including germs or infections from your body to the air for others to breath in . I see vaping in public as bad as smoking sry. wrong no amoke its vapour everything in my oil you eat in your foods so kinda negates that also alot of misconceptions around vaping like the popcorn lung scare that dolk caused or antifreeze being used all of which is proven nonsense.

Peobably more harmful chems being released from aerosol products and perfume aftershave products perhaps these should also be banned in public spaces what a load of mince. The oils I eat never came via your lungs first "

Plus I'm not interested in popcorn lung or any other rumoured possible. The fact is that cloud of vapour is a carrier agent directly from your lungs through your choice to use it , you give others no choice not to breath it in

coatbridge

"Ecigs are vapour. Vapes have oil in them. That oil is inhaled into your lungs (hence the link to popcorn lung).

Still a lot of research to be done, but vapes and ecigs are definitely better than fags.

Reformed smoker here "

popcorn lung was a disease that happened to lots of staff at a popcorn factory that went on fire and barrels of dyactyl went ablaze that people inhaled and contracted the disease

When dyactyl was used (its not used at all now) it was trace amounts and there has been zero cases of popcorn lung from vaping its an urban myth that you can easily check.

While research is a good thing most doctors believe there is no harmful effects from vaping and if there are the risks are significantly less than cigerette smoking.

The studys that have been taken on vaping are not accepted as proof because they were funded by vaping companys.

Though surely the lack of research by independants shows which view is thought to be closer to truth.

I tend to atudy things i use to be as safe as possible but its an accepted risk imo minimal risk

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 29/07/18 20:30:09]

coatbridge

Peobably more harmful chems being released from aerosol products and perfume aftershave products perhaps these should also be banned in public spaces what a load of mince. The oils I eat never came via your lungs first

Plus I'm not interested in popcorn lung or any other rumoured possible. The fact is that cloud of vapour is a carrier agent directly from your lungs through your choice to use it , you give others no choice not to breath it in "

and you exhale so pass your baegies around also

"Ecigs are vapour. Vapes have oil in them. That oil is inhaled into your lungs (hence the link to popcorn lung).

Reformed smoker here popcorn lung was a disease that happened to lots of staff at a popcorn factory that went on fire and barrels of dyactyl went ablaze that people inhaled and contracted the disease

When dyactyl was used (its not used at all now) it was trace amounts and there has been zero cases of popcorn lung from vaping its an urban myth that you can easily check.

While research is a good thing most doctors believe there is no harmful effects from vaping and if there are the risks are significantly less than cigerette smoking.

The studys that have been taken on vaping are not accepted as proof because they were funded by vaping companys.

Though surely the lack of research by independants shows which view is thought to be closer to truth.

I tend to atudy things i use to be as safe as possible but its an accepted risk imo minimal risk "

Agreed. Its all about money as ever kola x

By *esssDanMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Afraid I agree with the post a few above in that I see no difference. If you're blowing a plume of chemical-laced "smoke" in another person's face when standing next to them, then to that other person there's no difference between vaping and smoking - no matter what the smoker themselves might believe.

Hate seeing guys vaping in child-friendly public places now, claiming it's safer so it's all good. No, it isn't.

If you vape, list yourself as a smoker. Because that's what you are.

coatbridge

"Afraid I agree with the post a few above in that I see no difference. If you're blowing a plume of chemical-laced "smoke" in another person's face when standing next to them, then to that other person there's no difference between vaping and smoking - no matter what the smoker themselves might believe.

Hate seeing guys vaping in child-friendly public places now, claiming it's safer so it's all good. No, it isn't.

If you vape, list yourself as a smoker. Because that's what you are."

i find this intresting that folk deem seeing an exhalation means that ita chemical or germ laced. though a person exhaling while infected or heavy drug users with no visual display of exhalation are seen as safe

Blantyre

Peobably more harmful chems being released from aerosol products and perfume aftershave products perhaps these should also be banned in public spaces what a load of mince. The oils I eat never came via your lungs first

Plus I'm not interested in popcorn lung or any other rumoured possible. The fact is that cloud of vapour is a carrier agent directly from your lungs through your choice to use it , you give others no choice not to breath it in and you exhale so pass your baegies around also "

So are you saying you would happily vape in a car with baby's on board ?

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 29/07/18 20:56:18]

coatbridge

Plus I'm not interested in popcorn lung or any other rumoured possible. The fact is that cloud of vapour is a carrier agent directly from your lungs through your choice to use it , you give others no choice not to breath it in and you exhale so pass your baegies around also

So are you saying you would happily vape in a car with baby's on board ?"

i tend not to around folk but thats not the issue you are promoting. imo you are saying its harmful with zero facts to back up your claim other than some scaremongering. would you freshen up in a car with a baby on board.......i wouldnt for the same reason. though many do with disregard for folk around them

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Funny I always though e-cigs etc were designed to help people kick the nicotine habit. Now they seem to have simply replaced it.

Blantyre

Plus I'm not interested in popcorn lung or any other rumoured possible. The fact is that cloud of vapour is a carrier agent directly from your lungs through your choice to use it , you give others no choice not to breath it in and you exhale so pass your baegies around also

So are you saying you would happily vape in a car with baby's on board ?i tend not to around folk but thats not the issue you are promoting. imo you are saying its harmful with zero facts to back up your claim other than some scaremongering. would you freshen up in a car with a baby on board.......i wouldnt for the same reason. though many do with disregard for folk around them "

Its not scare mongering bud it's just my opinion . In medicine, a nebulizer is a drug delivery device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. Vaping is also creating a mist. So can you guarantee every chemical you are nebulizing into my system is safe. You can't as even the experts can't guarantee that. Also remember back in the day, Doctors were all over tv advertising cigarettes saying they were safe . Look at the facts today. I'm not digging you personally I just appreciate the choice to breath fresh air and not something forced upon me .

coatbridge

Again you miss the point vapour is not mist......though your scent products are which you keep side stepping.

I will say again the products that i tranaform to a vapour you yourself are eating and drinking all day everyday. everything i use is food grade materials.

For whatever reason you believe that my inhalation of the same products you use transform them into harmful chemicals.

My belief folk see an exhalation and believe it must be harmful.

My belief anything is harmful but enough moan about one thing it becomes a problem with no reasoning behind it other than errr errrr i believe its bad

Blantyre

"Again you miss the point vapour is not mist......though your scent products are which you keep side stepping.

I will say again the products that i tranaform to a vapour you yourself are eating and drinking all day everyday. everything i use is food grade materials.

For whatever reason you believe that my inhalation of the same products you use transform them into harmful chemicals.

My belief anything is harmful but enough moan about one thing it becomes a problem with no reasoning behind it other than errr errrr i believe its bad "

Kola without sounding cheeky. You need to go and look up vapour and mist mate . Mist is basically airborne vapour. Minute water droplets that are light enough to float in the air. And it's not just what chemicals your products have in them it's what germs or viruses in your system that attaches itself to those water droplets on the way back out. Then hangs in the air on because your machine nebulised it into that form . You think it's safe because you can't see my point.

coatbridge

"Again you miss the point vapour is not mist......though your scent products are which you keep side stepping.

My belief anything is harmful but enough moan about one thing it becomes a problem with no reasoning behind it other than errr errrr i believe its bad

Kola without sounding cheeky. You need to go and look up vapour and mist mate . Mist is basically airborne vapour. Minute water droplets that are light enough to float in the air. And it's not just what chemicals your products have in them it's what germs or viruses in your system that attaches itself to those water droplets on the way back out. Then hangs in the air on because your machine nebulised it into that form . You think it's safe because you can't see my point. "

two diffeent words because they are two different things.

So what your saying is we should worry about folk breathing really as any germs or viruses would be exhaled irrespective of whether a vapour a mist or hell go for smokers too is being exhaled in others vacinity.

I dont see your point because there isnt one imo wont answer further.

Blantyre

Kola without sounding cheeky. You need to go and look up vapour and mist mate . Mist is basically airborne vapour. Minute water droplets that are light enough to float in the air. And it's not just what chemicals your products have in them it's what germs or viruses in your system that attaches itself to those water droplets on the way back out. Then hangs in the air on because your machine nebulised it into that form . You think it's safe because you can't see my point. two diffeent words because they are two different things.

So what your saying is we should worry about folk breathing really as any germs or viruses would be exhaled irrespective of whether a vapour a mist or hell go for smokers too is being exhaled in others vacinity.

I dont see your point because there isnt one imo wont answer further.

"

LMAO we already take precautions of what you just said , there called isolation wards . If someone is ill with certain viruses the get isolated to stop airborne spreading. Clearly you never checked mist and vapour. As for smoking I'm sure you have heard of cancer caused by passive smoking. Other than, you think it's safe , you havnt came up with anything that proves your point. Luckily , like smoking , vaping is becoming more and more socially unacceptable in most premises. We can agree to disagree.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

I vape, helped me to come of the tar ridden cigs, but probably negated all my good intentions by having a coffee or beer sitting outside bars and beer gardens, as diesel infused particles expunged from the numerous buses and cars, float around waiting for me to ingest them deep down into my lungs.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I vape. If you dont like it then feel free to avoid me.

"I vape. If you dont like it then feel free to avoid me."

you vape unless you forget to pick it up when your going home

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"I vape. If you dont like it then feel free to avoid me."

Somehow I don't envisage a queue forming anytime soon.

» Add a new message to this topic