FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Public Photos - Curious

Public Photos - Curious

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *MCFUN5 OP   Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

When profiles don’t have recent photos but they are 2, 3, 4 or more years old would you still engage in conversation? Would it bother you? and what reasons would you accept for them not having photos under 2 years old?

Just curious of everyone’s opinion as I’ve had two occasions like this recently and I’m unsure if it’s an issue or not or if it really doesn’t matter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Saw some from 2007 the other day. A body can change a hell of a lot of 11 yrs so I'd expect to see more recent pics.

But their profile, so.....

If you have good chat and the conversation flows then the photos are pretty much irrelevant to us

Of course

But if it was heading towards arranging a meet then recent pics would be asked for.

GLASGOW

"Saw some from 2007 the other day. A body can change a hell of a lot of 11 yrs so I'd expect to see more recent pics.

But their profile, so..... "

I know, sounds a bit cheeky to ask for more recent ones doesn’t it lol

GLASGOW

"Of course

But if it was heading towards arranging a meet then recent pics would be asked for."

Agreed x

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Saw some from 2007 the other day. A body can change a hell of a lot of 11 yrs so I'd expect to see more recent pics.

I know, sounds a bit cheeky to ask for more recent ones doesn’t it lol"

I don’t think it sounds cheeky at all. You want to have an idea of who you are thinking of meeting and I think you are entitled to ask... like they are entitled to say no.

I send a clear face pic so expect a clear one back, if it isn’t, I ask. I think it’s the same thing.

I have old and recent pics on my profile (I know...it’s hidden ) as it shows my moods and journey on fab but that’s me, others have an opinion and that’s fine.

I know, sounds a bit cheeky to ask for more recent ones doesn’t it lol"

Aye!

"Sure you're lovely, but see on the off chance you've turned into a total ug bug since 2001...can I see a photo from yesterday?"

You will never get the real deal in a photo. Even if it is up to date. The amount of apps to make you look good out there is just the norm these days. But think we are all guilty of it.

GLASGOW

I don’t think it sounds cheeky at all. You want to have an idea of who you are thinking of meeting and I think you are entitled to ask... like they are entitled to say no.

I send a clear face pic so expect a clear one back, if it isn’t, I ask. I think it’s the same thing.

I have old and recent pics on my profile (I know...it’s hidden ) as it shows my moods and journey on fab but that’s me, others have an opinion and that’s fine. "

Omg you have photos of your moods?? Christ mine would be like Lucifer lol

GLASGOW

Aye!

"Sure you're lovely, but see on the off chance you've turned into a total ug bug since 2001...can I see a photo from yesterday?" "

Edinburgh

I have old and recent pics on my profile (I know...it’s hidden ) as it shows my moods and journey on fab but that’s me, others have an opinion and that’s fine.

Omg you have photos of your moods?? Christ mine would be like Lucifer lol"

Edinburgh

"You will never get the real deal in a photo. Even if it is up to date. The amount of apps to make you look good out there is just the norm these days. But think we are all guilty of it."

I don’t use any apps to make me look good!

And you should know that it is easy to see through most of the filters

"You will never get the real deal in a photo. Even if it is up to date. The amount of apps to make you look good out there is just the norm these days. But think we are all guilty of it.

Well we will never know.

I don’t use any apps to make me look good!

And you should know that it is easy to see through most of the filters "

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Mine are way out of date, just haven't got around to getting the camera out again..

"Mine are way out of date, just haven't got around to getting the camera out again.."
reduce the clarity and you be fine.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"You will never get the real deal in a photo. Even if it is up to date. The amount of apps to make you look good out there is just the norm these days. But think we are all guilty of it."

Not guilty of it here. Seems pointless to use an app to enhance pics and we usually avoid profiles where it's clear they've done it.

"You will never get the real deal in a photo. Even if it is up to date. The amount of apps to make you look good out there is just the norm these days. But think we are all guilty of it.

Not guilty of it here. Seems pointless to use an app to enhance pics and we usually avoid profiles where it's clear they've done it."

I think the pics that have been doctored are easy to spot. All Mr does to mine are change the colours to vary them a bit and make me look less anaemic. Seems silly otherwise.

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

I like a wee colour tint/black and white filter but I'd never bother altering them more than that. Oh, I crop the kids' toys and pictures out too

Now pictures from 2007... That could be an idea... Might get a fright at the 3 kids later version though

V x

"I like a wee colour tint/black and white filter but I'd never bother altering them more than that. Oh, I crop the kids' toys and pictures out too

Now pictures from 2007... That could be an idea... Might get a fright at the 3 kids later version though

V x"

I'm in better nick now than I was in 2007! Those photies are well burnt!

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

"I like a wee colour tint/black and white filter but I'd never bother altering them more than that. Oh, I crop the kids' toys and pictures out too

V x

I'm in better nick now than I was in 2007! Those photies are well burnt!"

I'm hoping I'll have a similar thought to the 2018 pics when we get to 2023...

V x

Yeah, I'd have to ask for more recent. Although I just got a message from someone who from his pics, is very clearly in jail! So he would maybe be better off using some old ones!

"Yeah, I'd have to ask for more recent. Although I just got a message from someone who from his pics, is very clearly in jail! So he would maybe be better off using some old ones! "

Maybe he is an elvis impersonator.. Was his username "jailhouse Cock".

Jacks' pics are so old, they predate the invention of buttons.

GLASGOW

"Yeah, I'd have to ask for more recent. Although I just got a message from someone who from his pics, is very clearly in jail! So he would maybe be better off using some old ones! "

I see no point in using old photos even though I hate being in them. I wil send a recent one, if people don't like it, and often they don't then it's better that way than turning up at a meet and then telling me ti fuck off.

*To * not ti. Ffs.

"I see no point in using old photos even though I hate being in them. I wil send a recent one, if people don't like it, and often they don't then it's better that way than turning up at a meet and then telling me ti fuck off. "

Happen a lot, does it?

Ha ha ha....brilliant!

"I see no point in using old photos even though I hate being in them. I wil send a recent one, if people don't like it, and often they don't then it's better that way than turning up at a meet and then telling me ti fuck off.

Happen a lot, does it? "

Yip.

"When profiles don’t have recent photos but they are 2, 3, 4 or more years old would you still engage in conversation? Would it bother you? and what reasons would you accept for them not having photos under 2 years old?

Just curious of everyone’s opinion as I’ve had two occasions like this recently and I’m unsure if it’s an issue or not or if it really doesn’t matter"

I refuse to put pics up even when my profile is active and never had an issue engaging conversations, everyone has a different idea of what they’re looking for, I am

Incredibly open minded and would be willing to meet anyone who I chat to and get a good conversation out regardless of their appearance so I’d expect to be treated the same and as pics show not everyone is in the flesh as they are on camera

"I see no point in using old photos even though I hate being in them. I wil send a recent one, if people don't like it, and often they don't then it's better that way than turning up at a meet and then telling me ti fuck off.

Happen a lot, does it?

Yip. "

You must be worse than me, then!

"When profiles don’t have recent photos but they are 2, 3, 4 or more years old would you still engage in conversation? Would it bother you? and what reasons would you accept for them not having photos under 2 years old?

Just curious of everyone’s opinion as I’ve had two occasions like this recently and I’m unsure if it’s an issue or not or if it really doesn’t matter

I refuse to put pics up even when my profile is active and never had an issue engaging conversations, everyone has a different idea of what they’re looking for, I am

Incredibly open minded and would be willing to meet anyone who I chat to and get a good conversation out regardless of their appearance so I’d expect to be treated the same and as pics show not everyone is in the flesh as they are on camera "

That's cool , just out of sheer nosiness do you show any pictures directly if you're going to be meeting? Would you meet up without seeing any pics at all of them either?

Incredibly open minded and would be willing to meet anyone who I chat to and get a good conversation out regardless of their appearance so I’d expect to be treated the same and as pics show not everyone is in the flesh as they are on camera

That's cool , just out of sheer nosiness do you show any pictures directly if you're going to be meeting? Would you meet up without seeing any pics at all of them either? "

I would, but it would just scare folk off.

That's cool , just out of sheer nosiness do you show any pictures directly if you're going to be meeting? Would you meet up without seeing any pics at all of them either? "

Nope don’t send any pics and don’t ever ask for pics guys tend to bombard us with them whether we ask or not but even when I’m single and looking a new buddy to chat to is more important to me personally than another fuxk buddy no matter how good he is because I don’t like keeping them around too long lol

That sounds terrible but I mean the longer they stay I get too attached or friend zone them

Profiles with pics that are years old always concern me but if they gave me an up to date pic and the conversation was going well then that would be different x

I'm changing my profile pic. If any ladies can guess what year it's from, you win a night of passion with me.

There are some pics on here that were clearly taken in the 70s!!

[Removed by poster at 29/11/18 22:22:55]

No, they were taken IN MY '70's...

"I'm changing my profile pic. If any ladies can guess what year it's from, you win a night of passion with me. "

Is it 1874?

"I'm changing my profile pic. If any ladies can guess what year it's from, you win a night of passion with me.

Is it 1874?"

Close, it is a Daguerrotype!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I ask for recent pics as I met a guy from another site and he’d put on several stones. I always have a recent pic on my profile.

The dates on profile pics only relate to when they were uploaded not when they were taken.

By *nicorn on wheelsWoman  over a year ago

scotland

I think if I found myself had changed quite a bit then I’d upload a more recent pic but I do hate having my pic taken due to my size etc, if I’m going to meet then I’d look to send a recent pic but that’s because I change my hair so much and it’s usually a drastic change it’s just so they know who to look for really, I agree a connection conversationally needs to happen but I think I’d need to see a recent pic as I feel a physical attraction is needed too, although I understand when guys say that looks don’t matter and they will

Meet anyone isn’t exactly a turn on for me because it doesn’t indicate if they are actually attracted to me or if I’m

Just a hole

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I always check the upload date. The more the recent the better

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I change my pics on a regular basis. My profile pic is the oldest one as it was taken 18months ago. Dont think i have changed much since then but am slightly more daring these days.

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I would always ask for more recent ones.

A good while back a local couple contacted us, We spoke for a bit and added each other. Their pics was years old but lucky for us they had face pics on their friends only photos.

Turns out my OH knew them both and they had split up years ago.

So now Im always do a lot more due diligence so will ask for more recent pics or even if they can photo verify their profile.

Mr

"Mine are way out of date, just haven't got around to getting the camera out again.."

Maybe but the Arse still looks good

GLASGOW

"I would always ask for more recent ones.

A good while back a local couple contacted us, We spoke for a bit and added each other. Their pics was years old but lucky for us they had face pics on their friends only photos.

Turns out my OH knew them both and they had split up years ago.

So now Im always do a lot more due diligence so will ask for more recent pics or even if they can photo verify their profile.

Mr"

» Add a new message to this topic