Both had Covid some weeks ago now

But unclear what’s needed to enter

Gran Canaria

Not very clear on the government website

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

You only need:

-Vaccination passports (a paper copy AND a digital copy on your phone is the best and quickest option)

-Passports

By *pl4cocksCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Do you still need the paper copy too, been told app only for both ways

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We didn't have to show anything, arriving on Ryanair from Dublin.

We wondered if it was down to Ryanair getting you to upload your Covid vaccination certificates to them, prior to departure? (I'm sure if you didn't upload them, they'd check at the gate) So GC knows everyone on that flight was fully vaccinated?

Didn't have to show anything on departure either, or arrival back in Dublin.

"Do you still need the paper copy too, been told app only for both ways "

I would say, and it's my opinion, NOT mandatory, have a digital copy (on your phone) and a paper copy anyway. It's easier. Quicker. And the airport staff appreciate it if you have everything ready

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was out there in March , had the app and a paper copy just walked past a bloke showed him my paper copy and was free to carry on , very quick and professional

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

The airport staff are so grateful when you have everything printed out, rather than having to wait 10 minutes while you search through all your apps on your phone trying to find the right stuff.

By *morous twosomeCouple  over a year ago

Northeast

FYI paper copy of Covid vaccination record QR code only lasts 30 days ! (I didn’t realise when I applied)

Asked at Hays Travel yesterday they said best to download the NHS APP and your Covid QR code updates after every scan therefore always current and upto date

By *morous twosomeCouple  over a year ago

Northeast

"FYI paper copy of Covid vaccination record QR code only lasts 30 days ! (I didn’t realise when I applied)

Asked at Hays Travel yesterday they said best to download the NHS APP and your Covid QR code updates after every scan therefore always current and upto date "

Ps You can print a paper copy from the app the day before you fly

"The airport staff are so grateful when you have everything printed out, rather than having to wait 10 minutes while you search through all your apps on your phone trying to find the right stuff."

True. Last time we both flew back to the UK in January the gentleman checking us in almost cried when we had all our stuff out (wahey!) and ready to be looked at

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

"If both fully vaccinated what to we need to travel to Gran Canaria

Both had Covid some weeks ago now

But unclear what’s needed to enter

Gran Canaria

Not very clear on the government website

"

We just have the paper copy

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

"Do you still need the paper copy too, been told app only for both ways

I would say, and it's my opinion, NOT mandatory, have a digital copy (on your phone) and a paper copy anyway. It's easier. Quicker. And the airport staff appreciate it if you have everything ready "

Not everyone has phones which is why we know a lot who just have the paper copies as it still has the qr code on

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"FYI paper copy of Covid vaccination record QR code only lasts 30 days ! (I didn’t realise when I applied)

Asked at Hays Travel yesterday they said best to download the NHS APP and your Covid QR code updates after every scan therefore always current and upto date "

This is true, the 30 days rolling date continues every day you open it. It then gives you the opportunity to download, screenshot, or add to wallet (e.g. Apple).

Personally we prefer digital, rather than print out paper (which is the safest option as you have something physics tangible to present).

If you do go digital, then we download the passport to our wallet (and ensure that we have enough battery in the phone to get us over the line).

If you use the NHS app and access your code, then not only is the risk to ensure that your phone has enough battery, you have to have a couple of trial runs before you go, so you know where the pass is. But the main risk is having an internet connection.

Choose wisely guys and go what you feel comfortable with.

We personally use the wallet and screenshots, and had a paper backup. This is the first year we have completely omitted paper.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Given all the things that can go wrong with digital, we always take paper copies as a backup.

And when you get to the check-in, if you've got the paper copies it's actually much easier just to hand them over.

» Add a new message to this topic