FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > blocked

blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is it right to block someone u dont want to be in contact with i dont like offending people but sometimes i find its the best way

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they dont take NO for an answer I think .... go for it !!!!

We agree that blocking someone can appear rude, but then so can ignoring somebody, yet this is dismissed by the site as a show of no interest. We tend to block these and as mentioned any that become offensive or wont accept a polite refusal. We give and take "no thanks" like adults and never question why. Naturally with the experienced ignorance, we tend to message people we feel have things in common with us. Anything else we feel is totally non-productive and pointless, in an already tentative community.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

No you should never block anyone ever, why use the built in website features designed to make your experience better ?

Block and move on, don't spend time worrying about what other people think...just do as you feel right, no offence or crime in blocking someone.

"No you should never block anyone ever, why use the built in website features designed to make your experience better ?"

People dont come here to be insulted or abused. There are many attitudes and personalities. We dont use the block function unless the person becomes a nuisance or shows they are too ignorant to consider

sometimes men cant take no for an answer

We block anyone who messages us that we arent interested in then they wont message again in a couple of weeks thinking we would of chamged our minds or forgot the first time we said no. we don't feel bad about it at all. Why should we. We don't want to talk to them or meet them so it doesn't matter

"is it right to block someone u dont want to be in contact with i dont like offending people but sometimes i find its the best way "

Yes

If anyone gets offended by being blocked, that's their stupidy

Its a feature there for protecttion, never be too trusting on here

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"No you should never block anyone ever, why use the built in website features designed to make your experience better ?

People dont come here to be insulted or abused. There are many attitudes and personalities. We dont use the block function unless the person becomes a nuisance or shows they are too ignorant to consider "

Eerrrmmm a few do. But they generally say in the profile. And user names like worthless gimp slave and use me and abuse me kinda give you s clue as well.

yea thats what i think e r here to enjoy not to be pestered with the unwanted

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"is it right to block someone u dont want to be in contact with i dont like offending people but sometimes i find its the best way "

Why do you think you need to ask permission of strangers to use the site tools to your own advantage?

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"is it right to block someone u dont want to be in contact with i dont like offending people but sometimes i find its the best way

Why do you think you need to ask permission of strangers to use the site tools to your own advantage?"

Careful now, you will get accused of being abusive and all sorts for that comment

"is it right to block someone u dont want to be in contact with i dont like offending people but sometimes i find its the best way

Why do you think you need to ask permission of strangers to use the site tools to your own advantage?"

In fairness to her there are so many people that make a big deal in posts on here about how those that block must be up their own arse/are pathetic/on a power trip etc. etc. she maybe just wanted to get a sense of how people would react.

But I agree - she should use the site as it works best for her. It's nobody elses concern.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We have a bit of a block list! Mainly people who are on the profile as safe sex and who we have noticed have met a couple or couples who are only bareback! I must say that most are single guys, some of whom will do anything for a shag, but some very nice looking couples who have an almost biblical warning that they won’t have sex without a condom!

Block away anyone who doesn’t fit YOUR bill. If you see someone who does stuff you don’t like and they are in your general catchment area, block em so you don’t forget and agree to meet! It’s a great tool to use on sites like this…

I block people who continually email me asking to meet even when i have politly said no thanks

I also block people who become abusive if i say no thanks to them

Makes life simple

London

Why do you think you need to ask permission of strangers to use the site tools to your own advantage?

Careful now, you will get accused of being abusive and all sorts for that comment "

You're right, I've been banned for less so I apologise unreservedly, it's wrong to upset anyone by blocking them, just cry, I mean report to Admin and they'll be shown the error of their ways.

Right, must add smiley face to show I'm just joking ...

Happy to say not one on my block .. have other way i deal with it ,

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

What's the problem with blocking? Why worry if they choose to take offence? They aren't personal friends and this is not fb. Blocking is usually as a response to rudeness anyway.

Care less about what total strangers think of you and you'll be happier.

only ever blocked one by mistake - wrote message and apologised = then get back now were even - and they blocked us - oh well lol

"We block anyone who messages us that we arent interested in then they wont message again in a couple of weeks thinking we would of chamged our minds or forgot the first time we said no. we don't feel bad about it at all. Why should we. We don't want to talk to them or meet them so it doesn't matter"

As a single guy I think this is definitely the best way. It avoids confusion and saves everyone time. No abuse, begging or misunderstanding. It's less rude than ignoring someone.

Once they are blocked why worry about it

"We block anyone who messages us that we arent interested in then they wont message again in a couple of weeks thinking we would of chamged our minds or forgot the first time we said no. we don't feel bad about it at all. Why should we. We don't want to talk to them or meet them so it doesn't matter

As a single guy I think this is definitely the best way. It avoids confusion and saves everyone time. No abuse, begging or misunderstanding. It's less rude than ignoring someone."

We still ignore them some of the time and just block them. Just depends how much spare time we've got as we have a life away from fab as we'll

defintely get a bock im here to enjoy fun not to be annoyed x

If they have been rude to you or keep asking your for a meet yes but if their not what your looking then I would say no

thats true lol

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"No you should never block anyone ever, why use the built in website features designed to make your experience better ?

People dont come here to be insulted or abused. There are many attitudes and personalities. We dont use the block function unless the person becomes a nuisance or shows they are too ignorant to consider "

And those are the reasons why I block people.

I get blocked for just looking at a profile without even sending a message . That in my opinion is weird

Course it is

I wait and see if someone kicks off or becomes pushy. Then I do

"thats true lol "

So did I cross the line

"thats true lol "

So did I cross the line

"thats true lol "

So did I cross the line

nope lol

"I get blocked for just looking at a profile without even sending a message . That in my opinion is weird "

And yet I just went to nose ur profile and I'm blocked? I've never has a pm with u..

Not that I'm worried or bothered just that it seems ur statement is hypocritical

I don't feel comfortable either with blocking people for the silliest reasons and prefer to block for nastiness etc. Every now and again, I remove a few and I use the note system to say why I have blocked them. On couple who persistently random friendship requested have finally got the message and haven't tried for a month now

Don't ask if its ok to block. Just do it if you want/need to. It is a site facility and you are entitled to use it.

"nope lol"

So why am I blocked

I notice that you are a Silver site member. You have paid, therefore, so feel free to employ all the facilities you wish.

i have blocked someone as they wont take no for an answer, unfortunately she has my mobile but can ignore the pleas for an explanation again..have used the site facilities, but as we get no feed back how do we know what has happened?

I block people all the time, the ugly, the ignorant, fakes, shouty profiles, arsey profiles, people who threaten to block others, I love the power gives me a hard On. Unfortunately there is only about 15% of profiles left to message

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Mind you... if you block someone you'll never know if they're offended by blocking em or not as they'll not be able to tell you, will they? ;)

Wolf

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I block people all the time, the ugly, the ignorant, fakes, shouty profiles, arsey profiles, people who threaten to block others, I love the power gives me a hard On. Unfortunately there is only about 15% of profiles left to message "

Personally I enjoy blocking the rude, but the best and most persistent cases I find some fava beans and a nice chianti sorts them out nicely

Wolf

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I block people all the time.

It saves my time and theres x

By *olfcartweaselCouple  over a year ago

Melrose

Not at all.

Had to do it last night when someone would NOT accept that we were on our way home from a meet, were tired and did not want to randomly stop and try dogging (not something that interests us) with someone we'd never met before...

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

"I block people all the time.

It saves my time and theres x"

This is the philosophy i adopt too

blocking someone can be a good thing when we did our profile we put in what we are looking for and what we dont want but as most will no some people dont read your profile and that gets us xxxxed off so we just block them which we feel is fair we know that some dont feel the same way thats why we all have a choice xxx

[Removed by poster at 03/03/13 17:28:01]

When we get blocked we find it very rude especially if the couple contacted us first, afterall a polite no works just aswell we're not stalkers and manners cost nothing !!

London

"

I block people all the time, the ugly"

Don't know why, but that had me chuckling

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

more chance me turning straight than justifying why I block

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Think sarcasm,in agreement,rather than disagreement.

» Add a new message to this topic