FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Incidents of STIs in the swinging community

Incidents of STIs in the swinging community

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eversaynever2u OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Cwmbran

I'm interested to find out how many of us have picked up an STI through oral sex or have managed to catch an STI whilst even using Condoms. Just talk facts, not opinions please...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rRogersTelfordMan 3 weeks ago

Telford

We know a lot of people in the scene, and sure it’s the sort of question I think some would keep the answer to private.

But I can’t say know personally know anybody that’s had any issues. People tend to be as safe as possible, if they can.

By *anted by NightMan 3 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"I'm interested to find out how many of us have picked up an STI through oral sex or have managed to catch an STI whilst even using Condoms. Just talk facts, not opinions please... "

According to Sydney university research department swingers are least likely to catch Sti’s as compared to normal population

By *r-8-BBCMan 3 weeks ago

LONDON

"I'm interested to find out how many of us have picked up an STI through oral sex or have managed to catch an STI whilst even using Condoms. Just talk facts, not opinions please... "

Knock on wood pardon the pun but I haven't caught an STI from oral or from swinging so far and I am doing my best not too!

By *orkshire.unicornWoman 3 weeks ago

Selby

I feel safer in that regard in this community versus internet dating. Maybe that makes me naive but I have found people are much more open in terms of sexual health here x

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

Most of us test at well above the norm for the general population. I don't know anyone who has had issues but I'd assume that we're likely statistically pretty safe and sensible

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 3 weeks ago

wonderland.

Personally not caught anything ourselves... but do both know of others that have caught things.

Cali x

By *aughtythoughts2000Couple 3 weeks ago

Wymondham

We may be overly cautious, but we test a couple of weeks after every meet. We don’t meet to play very often so gives us time to get the all clear before playing again

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

Did anyone read the recent article on Apple News where a journo went to a swingers club in Blackpool .

A man she met in there told her about how he got an STI in his eye in a swingers club. He even showed her photos of it…

By *r-8-BBCMan 3 weeks ago

LONDON

"Did anyone read the recent article on Apple News where a journo went to a swingers club in Blackpool .

A man she met in there told her about how he got an STI in his eye in a swingers club. He even showed her photos of it… "

First time hearing!

By *unchalMan 3 weeks ago

Dartford

Probably as high as you’d expect amongst a group of people who like to have lots of sex with strangers who like to have lots of sex. Of course, I’m sensible and so are you, but are they? Oh, and of course people fucking lie all the time about everything.

By *icecouple561Couple 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Did anyone read the recent article on Apple News where a journo went to a swingers club in Blackpool .

A man she met in there told her about how he got an STI in his eye in a swingers club. He even showed her photos of it… "

Apparently that's not unusual nor is getting one in your throat.

By *ornycougaWoman 3 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Portugal

A man she met in there told her about how he got an STI in his eye in a swingers club. He even showed her photos of it…

"

Indeed. My tests include a throat swab but I'm aware many don't. So I assume oral chlamydia for example could go undetected in women

By *ope_kisses22Couple 3 weeks ago

Cheshire

I am aware of small outbreaks of Gonorrhoea in 2 northwest clubs - I think passed from man to woman via oral sex

These were probably over a year ago

K

By *rozac_fairyCouple 3 weeks ago

Tamworth

Not yet, I'll say not yet because who knows for the future.

We did have a friend disclose to us that she had caught chlamydia last year though as she knew we were talking to the person she likely caught it from. He was decent and got tested too and alone behold, yup.

wonderland.

Indeed. My tests include a throat swab but I'm aware many don't. So I assume oral chlamydia for example could go undetected in women"

st24 have refused to send me throat swabs in the future as apparently I don't need them. Despite me being honest about my activities... it's ridiculous how hard it is to get throat swabs now

By *orkshire.unicornWoman 3 weeks ago

Selby

"

Indeed. My tests include a throat swab but I'm aware many don't. So I assume oral chlamydia for example could go undetected in women st24 have refused to send me throat swabs in the future as apparently I don't need them. Despite me being honest about my activities... it's ridiculous how hard it is to get throat swabs now "

Interesting, it’s standard screening in my area if you disclose oral. Postcode lottery of sexual health services

wonderland.

"

Indeed. My tests include a throat swab but I'm aware many don't. So I assume oral chlamydia for example could go undetected in women st24 have refused to send me throat swabs in the future as apparently I don't need them. Despite me being honest about my activities... it's ridiculous how hard it is to get throat swabs now

Interesting, it’s standard screening in my area if you disclose oral. Postcode lottery of sexual health services "

they have always sent them out before but now they have said you can only get it if you go in x

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

Nope not caught anything and not looking too catch anything

By *umbriaman1962Man 3 weeks ago

outside of penrith

Never Court anything ( touch wood ) upto now played both bare and covered over years

Do get tested .

Few years ago on prenty fish site more sex than on here and more bare sex. So swinger maybe take better care than most.

By *lex.and.SexCouple 3 weeks ago

Bedale

Never in swinging.

Only ever once in the ordinary dating/hookup world. And from the least likely seeming partner. Wasn't her fault really. Circumstances

By *oan of DArcCouple 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

-----------------------------------------

Stye?

By *ornycougaWoman 3 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat - Portugal

"

Indeed. My tests include a throat swab but I'm aware many don't. So I assume oral chlamydia for example could go undetected in women st24 have refused to send me throat swabs in the future as apparently I don't need them. Despite me being honest about my activities... it's ridiculous how hard it is to get throat swabs now

Interesting, it’s standard screening in my area if you disclose oral. Postcode lottery of sexual health services they have always sent them out before but now they have said you can only get it if you go in x"

Wasn't till I ticked the 'group sex' option that I got supplied with oral and anal tests. I realise that Stis are more prevalent in some areas than others but you would have thought that there should be a consistency of approach given that we are no longer in the Stone Age and people move around!

wonderland.

"

Interesting, it’s standard screening in my area if you disclose oral. Postcode lottery of sexual health services they have always sent them out before but now they have said you can only get it if you go in x

Wasn't till I ticked the 'group sex' option that I got supplied with oral and anal tests. I realise that Stis are more prevalent in some areas than others but you would have thought that there should be a consistency of approach given that we are no longer in the Stone Age and people move around! "

mine doesn't offer that option online.

They have said I can have oral but only by going in to the clinic .xxx

By *jEuphoriaCouple 3 weeks ago

north kent

Last time we got the heads up from a friend who contracted an oral STI, from someone at our local club. She correctly, and bravely, informed everyone she had been in contact with.

Thankfully, we tested negative.

It makes me really angry when people don’t test, and/or, don’t let people know.

If you are doing an oral test, don’t stick the swab too far to the back of the throat, (the nurse told me), literally swab the back of the tongue. It’s not like a Covid test.

Don’t forget folks, there is ‘super gonorrhoea’ out there, for which there is no cure. Stay safe.

By *airy_HettyWoman 2 weeks ago

Greater London

"I'm interested to find out how many of us have picked up an STI through oral sex or have managed to catch an STI whilst even using Condoms. Just talk facts, not opinions please...

Probably as high as you’d expect amongst a group of people who like to have lots of sex with strangers who like to have lots of sex. Of course, I’m sensible and so are you, but are they? Oh, and of course people fucking lie all the time about everything. "

Of course , 'journalists'never lie either.... Especially if it includes a by-line.

By *dz69247Man 2 weeks ago

Manchester

Gone bare so many times, and never once caught a STD. It’s not like anyone is immune or naive.

One day I’m going to catch one, but I test monthly and had the snip so not worried about that side of things.

By *ailor75Man 2 weeks ago

Brigg, near scunthorpe

Yep , twice !! Both from a club in hull !! And both times from playing with couples!!

By *unchalMan 2 weeks ago

Dartford

"I'm interested to find out how many of us have picked up an STI through oral sex or have managed to catch an STI whilst even using Condoms. Just talk facts, not opinions please...

Probably as high as you’d expect amongst a group of people who like to have lots of sex with strangers who like to have lots of sex. Of course, I’m sensible and so are you, but are they? Oh, and of course people fucking lie all the time about everything.

Of course , 'journalists'never lie either.... Especially if it includes a by-line. "

I have no idea what that means?

» Add a new message to this topic