FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Dear fabbers

Dear fabbers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urvyGalNorfolk OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

East Norfolk

Is there a reason you don’t read profiles?

Or is it that fab is so disheartening that you have just given up being creative in your first message?

Or is my profile not clear enough about what I’m after?

Be great to hear from you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bxanfCouple 3 weeks ago

Bilston/Dudley

Not only do the majority of people who contact us not read the profile, they don't read the screenshot of our profile I send them as a reply to their message.

So we would like to know too.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan 3 weeks ago

Bradford

I read profiles

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Northampton

We find a broader stroke of the brush is helpful in scenarios such as this

By *rJandMrsJCouple 2 weeks ago

Hyde

I know who hasn't read our profile and i literally delete their messages instantly. Don't care for it.

If someone can't take 2 minutes to read a profile I'm not inviting someone into our home. It's that simple for us.

By *ickD80Man 2 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"Is there a reason you don’t read profiles?

Or is it that fab is so disheartening that you have just given up being creative in your first message?

Be great to hear from you"

What do you expect people to write in their first message OP? I see that you ask for a joke or a funny story so why is it better if i copy and paste a joke off the internet and send that rather than just say ‘hi, how are you? Would you like to chat?’. Do you read profile’s OP? Because you seem to be basing your whole opinion of people on their first message (asking for a face picture and being creative)..it seems like you cant be bothered to read profiles in order to decide whether you’re interested in talking to someone or not but you expect other people to read yours.

Do you realise that most people will have a template that they use every time they send a first message, maybe they tweek it slightly for different people but essentially they will always send the same message. So when you receive a message that appears to be creative and you think the person has put effort into it especially for you then you’re being deceived and manipulated into thinking that because you’ve just received the same message that they have sent to everyone else.

By *urvyGalNorfolk OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

East Norfolk

What do you expect people to write in their first message OP? I see that you ask for a joke or a funny story so why is it better if i copy and paste a joke off the internet and send that rather than just say ‘hi, how are you? Would you like to chat?’. Do you read profile’s OP? Because you seem to be basing your whole opinion of people on their first message (asking for a face picture and being creative)..it seems like you cant be bothered to read profiles in order to decide whether you’re interested in talking to someone or not but you expect other people to read yours.

Do you realise that most people will have a template that they use every time they send a first message, maybe they tweek it slightly for different people but essentially they will always send the same message. So when you receive a message that appears to be creative and you think the person has put effort into it especially for you then you’re being deceived and manipulated into thinking that because you’ve just received the same message that they have sent to everyone else. "

Maybe it’s because I receive a ridiculous amount of “hey how are you” messages, so I can instantly tell they’ve not read my profile. I’d rather a copied joke off the internet at least it shows they’ve read my profile and put some effort in!

If someone has shown that they’ve read my profile then I 100% read theirs and take a peek at pics to see if im interested.

And I can usually tell a copied and pasted message a mile off. One that isn’t personal to me is pretty clear it’s a big standard message that someone is sending out.

But yeah, thanks for the assumptions!

By *he milf next doorWoman 2 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

I think some have lost site what this website is about & some assume this is a insta-sh*g site which I know for some it isn’t & maybe the guys that don’t read your profile & what you’re looking for is not someone you’d want to meet anyway so they kinda filter there selves out

By *iftedTongue86Man 2 weeks ago

Lancing

"I think some have lost site what this website is about & some assume this is a insta-sh*g site which I know for some it isn’t & maybe the guys that don’t read your profile & what you’re looking for is not someone you’d want to meet anyway so they kinda filter there selves out "

This 100% you’ve hit the nail on the head. Fabs has changed recently.

By *iftedTongue86Man 2 weeks ago

Lancing

I read profiles thoroughly even to the point where I look out for their interests, and a specific title heading that will be responded to even if it’s a no thank you. If the profile reads looking for 6ft plus and VWE I instantly move on because I know I’m only 5ft 11 and just above average. Sending a first message can be pot luck. Women and couples receive so many trying to get your message to stand out from the rest could take days of planning x

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 2 weeks ago

Cumbria

Do you realise that most people will have a template that they use every time they send a first message, maybe they tweek it slightly for different people but essentially they will always send the same message. So when you receive a message that appears to be creative and you think the person has put effort into it especially for you then you’re being deceived and manipulated into thinking that because you’ve just received the same message that they have sent to everyone else. "

You seem offended by the OP, are you ok?

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 2 weeks ago

Leeds

I just saw boobs.

No reading.

Mrs

By *ysonfuryMan 2 weeks ago

Stockport

I always read the profile fully and message usually based on a common interest. From a single guys point of view you can spend a lot of time doing that and not get a reply. I understand that given the number of messages single ladies and couples must get but suspect it will put some off making that effort. Happy fabbing all

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple 2 weeks ago

West Bromwich

We will look at the profile of the person/people who have messaged us. We then reply accordingly. We don't just go on what they have messaged.

We do ask for a face pic, but if they don't wish to send one then that is up to them.

By *A21Man 2 weeks ago

newhaven

I read the profile, then message if a common interest or meet what they are looking for and still don’t get a reply even if it’s a no thanks lol

By *dinburghWomanWoman 2 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I’d like to know why guys don’t read my profile especially when they live in another country and still message

By *rpeggioCouple 2 weeks ago

Baughurst

"I’d like to know why guys don’t read my profile especially when they live in another country and still message "

__

Because your sentence about only messages from within Scotland is a bit "hidden" among the rest of the profile, I almost missed it when I read it.

By *izandpaulCouple 2 weeks ago

merseyside

I think lots go on trawls.

Sending quick messages to loads of people hoping one may bite.

We used to respond to lots of "hi, how are you" but we just delete and block and always, without fail, respond to singles and couples who have made the effort to read our profile.

There is a marked difference between single guys who read profiles and those who don't.

The ones who make the effort tend to show up at parties and socials etc.

It's one of the best filters.

By *dinburghWomanWoman 2 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Hi, thanks I thought it was obvious but I’ll move it to the top

By *herryEatersCouple 2 weeks ago

East Cheshire

Yes fab has become very disheartening !. You'll probably find many single guys won't read your profile even though short and just message 'fancy a fuck now ?' LOL. We've blocked single guys in message filters for this and other reasons.

Why profiles are not read ?. We will only read long profiles if all else looks good (interests, distance, sexuality etc). Some are a mile long ! . Some are incredibly boring, others almost non existent, leaving too many questions and a feeling they can't be arsed to meet either. One we saw today contradicted itself in several areas (weird). Some are full of spelling mistakes and typos , yuck. Some mention drugs (big turn off for us), others make it clear they'll sleep with anyone and everything (and clearly do).

We always try to say something in our first message if all else looks good. Being creative from the go ?, usually no, most communications lead nowhere these days (MUCH better here when we first joined ten years back) and my fingers are getting shorter !

By *ailor75Man 2 weeks ago

Brigg, near scunthorpe

I read them , but it depends on what you expect as a reply !! Most people just put a hello as an opening introduction but people expect more !! As in what I'm sure !! Please bear in mind most messages men send don't even get read !! So it's kind of disheartening to put effort into a message for the recipient to not even open it or worse to open it and not bother to reply !!

» Add a new message to this topic