FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ladies only please

Ladies only please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all I posted a couple months back for a friend who keeps getting b v

Tests all clear at gum etc etc

You advised her to get the active gel so she has and works a treat

However it keeps returning

Any other ideas or any reason you think she may keep getting it coming back ?

She has stopped using soap down there and uses aqueous cream to wash with

She is embarrassed to keep going doctors over and over again saying about it xx

Thanks guys xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is she a swinger? She could be allergic to the latex condoms and it irritates her

I have to ask what b v is I'm sorry if I'm being dense and it's obvious lol x

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I'd guess with an allergy too, or possible transference if she does anal to vag without changing condom or cleaning.

It could possibly be diet related too.

that latex allergy could be possible, you can get latex free now

"Is she a swinger? She could be allergic to the latex condoms and it irritates her "

No she isn't but she does meet guys now and then and uses condoms

"I have to ask what b v is I'm sorry if I'm being dense and it's obvious lol x "

Bacterial vaginosis

"I'd guess with an allergy too, or possible transference if she does anal to vag without changing condom or cleaning.

It could possibly be diet related too."

What would be in the diet that may cause it ?

"I'd guess with an allergy too, or possible transference if she does anal to vag without changing condom or cleaning.

What would be in the diet that may cause it ? "

some foods containing yeast cos it is basically a yeast infection isnt it

Bacterial vaginosis can begin when there are too many of one or more types of bacteria normally found in the vagina. Usually an overgrowth of the bacteria happens when something upsets the normal chemical balance of the vagina and the germs multiply to a number greater than what is needed to keep the vagina healthy. Things that may contribute to causing BV include the following:

##Multiple sex partners

##A new sex partner

##having an Intrauterine Device (IUD)

Other things that change the normal vaginal secretions and may cause BV include:

##Douching

##Feminine hygiene products like deodorant, tampons, or sprays

##Bubble baths, shower gels, and perfumed soaps

Bacterial vaginosis is not caused by a sex partner transmitting a germ to you. It is not considered to be a sexually transmitted disease (STD).

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?

Many women experience no symptoms. For those that do get symptoms, the most common symptoms include:

googled it, it may help

"Is she a swinger? She could be allergic to the latex condoms and it irritates her

No she isn't but she does meet guys now and then and uses condoms "

Something is disturbing the natural balance of the vaginal bacteria,she needs to avoid hot baths,tight trousers,unatural fabrics,if she smokes that doesn't help,she should make sure she doesn't wash inside as that makes it worse,is she on any other medication because that may not be helping either,id go back to the gum clinic because she may need further investigations

some foods containing yeast cos it is basically a yeast infection isnt it"

No it's bacterial not yeast that's thrush

What would be in the diet that may cause it ? "

a mate of mine gets it if she eats too much yeasty stuff like bread. She gets thrush and then it ends up as BV. Its to do with pH balance.

It may also be an allergy to soap powder - so she might want to change that and try.

Apparently smokers are more prone to it too.

"Is she a swinger? She could be allergic to the latex condoms and it irritates her

No she isn't but she does meet guys now and then and uses condoms

Something is disturbing the natural balance of the vaginal bacteria,she needs to avoid hot baths,tight trousers,unatural fabrics,if she smokes that doesn't help,she should make sure she doesn't wash inside as that makes it worse,is she on any other medication because that may not be helping either,id go back to the gum clinic because she may need further investigations "

She really doesn't want to go back she feels embarrassed bless her she doesn't know what they might do

I think she needs to poor lass

I know she is on the pill but that's it as far as I am aware

No it's bacterial not yeast that's thrush "

the whole balance of that area is delicate. Yeast affects the body pH which can lead to all sorts of infections.

No it's bacterial not yeast that's thrush

the whole balance of that area is delicate. Yeast affects the body pH which can lead to all sorts of infections."

Ah ok

Well she doesn't eat bread I do know that much

I posted this a while back. The nurse at the gum clinic recommended luke warm salt water baths. Its something I have introduced into my regime and haven't had bv since. Cheap and effective. BV actually affects 1 in 3 women, however many are unaware they have it. Avoid over washing and perfumed feminine hygiene products.

A friend of mine used natural yogurt for that in the past and it work for her she found out it was the razer brand she was using at the time.

"I posted this a while back. The nurse at the gum clinic recommended luke warm salt water baths. Its something I have introduced into my regime and haven't had bv since. Cheap and effective. BV actually affects 1 in 3 women, however many are unaware they have it. Avoid over washing and perfumed feminine hygiene products."

Thanks I shall advise her x

"A friend of mine used natural yogurt for that in the past and it work for her she found out it was the razer brand she was using at the time. "

Ok so hairy muffs all round it shall be then hey lol x

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

If she uses condoms tell her to switch to Skyns they're latex free

Illuminates that at least...

I'm not really understanding why your friend isn't going to her gp with this????

Even if others on here have the same problem they might not get the same results with the same treatment......

"I'm not really understanding why your friend isn't going to her gp with this????

Even if others on here have the same problem they might not get the same results with the same treatment......"

She has lol

Had several full swabs and each time just show bv

Anti biotic given fine for a week and then gets it again

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Maybe ask the guys she meets to use a strong mouthwash so they don't pass on bacteriae orally.

It is possible to pass it back and forth between partners. Both should be treated with metronidazole at the same time and then continue using the balance active gel.

Jane x

"Maybe ask the guys she meets to use a strong mouthwash so they don't pass on bacteriae orally.

It is possible to pass it back and forth between partners. Both should be treated with metronidazole at the same time and then continue using the balance active gel.

Jane x"

So it is an std ?

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

It's not an std... It's a pH imbalance.

She should try avoiding alcohol and see how she gets on. Also try to reduce the amount of sugar she's eating.

(Works for me)

It's very hard to keep under control. But sounds like she needs more than a weeks antibiotic.. Maybe 2 then use balance gel straight after to really try clear it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Getting other peoples opinions is useful and sometimes gives you ideas about treatment that you haven't tried before or reassurance that you aren't alone. However I really think your friend should be going to her gp and asking for a referral to a gynaecologist or at least a second opinion. With the best will in the world all any of us can do is make suggestions and sympathise.

Hope it gets sorted soon I bet it's getting her down.

By *u-cee smurfetteWoman  over a year ago

aberdeen

I would say to her to keep going to the doc as they mayb able to prescribe something stronger in creams etc for her

and also tell her to try latex free condoms

good luck xx

"Getting other peoples opinions is useful and sometimes gives you ideas about treatment that you haven't tried before or reassurance that you aren't alone. However I really think your friend should be going to her gp and asking for a referral to a gynaecologist or at least a second opinion. With the best will in the world all any of us can do is make suggestions and sympathise.

Hope it gets sorted soon I bet it's getting her down."

That's what I was getting at with my previous posting

I think she should go back docs and possibly needs a longer course of anti biotics or maybe a different one as the one generally prescribed is a very strong one with some awful side effects, there are others that can be used although some docs tend to stick to prescribing the same old anti biotics over and over !

Also natural yougurt is good and dont over wash and also sometimes use non perfumed baby wipes.

All worth a try.

Bv comes from lack of needed 'good bacteria' in the body. It may well be that the bv keeps coming back because the bacteria needed to keep it at bay is in low quantities in the tummy, which is where its mostly stored in the body because its lactobasili. Natural yogurt, and lots of it, will reintroduce the bacteria. She also needs to eat things that fed the good bacteria, which is anything prebiotic. Apples work best for me. Anything sugary or yeasty in her diet will feed the thrush that live naturally in her tummy and they basically kill the good bacteria and let the icky bacteria thrive and overbalance. I have a problem with bv too if I'm not very careful with my diet. I have to eat at least one big pot of ypgurt and two apples a day to keep the balance ok in my tummy.

Thanks all you guys for all the hints tips and comments poor lass . Shall give her the advice from here and suggest she also goes back to gp and asks for a referral as she been so many times and had anti biotics which works but it comes back so she is worried about going back to doctors again . Thanks all you are stars xzx

A friend eh?

"A friend eh? "
. Yes lol

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

The BV could be a symptom of an underlying cause that's not yet been identified. She really does need to see her GP and ask for further investigation.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"A friend eh? "

Some people have them y'know

"A friend eh?

Some people have them y'know "

Yea if it was me I would just say my fanny stinks please help lol

"The BV could be a symptom of an underlying cause that's not yet been identified. She really does need to see her GP and ask for further investigation."

I will tell her to just go and ask for higher opinion

» Add a new message to this topic