FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocking a website on mobile

Blocking a website on mobile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know how to block ONE website only on my mobile. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini. Samsung say it can't be done and my service provider wasnt sure.

Ive down loaded an app (safe browser cloud) but it doesn't appear to be working properly.

Help please!!!

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm with orange an it won't allow me to browse fab swingers unless I either go in to an orange shop and have it unblocked or by doing it online

Hiya. Im with orange also. Spoke to them and they said the only thing they could do was block the WHOLE internet on phone which is obviously no good.

The website I want to block is another swinging site.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

You could just not look at it

I could but id rather not be able to

Why block it? I'm confused as surely you can just not browse it.

If you do actually want to block just a single site then toy will either need an app installed on the phone, or something to block it between you and the Internet (is really and their firewall). It's completely possible, but very impractical to do on a per customer basis. They tend to have two settings, unfiltered and filtered. The Portlemouth with the filtered setting is that most people don't agree wtb the entire list of sites blocked.

Portlemouth? Wtf?! Problem....

Flipping autocorrect.

"Bit of a long shot but does anyone know how to block ONE website only on my mobile. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini. Samsung say it can't be done and my service provider wasnt sure.

Ive down loaded an app (safe browser cloud) but it doesn't appear to be working properly.

Help please!!!

Thanks"

One way you *may* be able to achieve this with a bit of fiddling around (which may include rooting your phone to get access to the sytem files) id to research the equivalent of the old Windows trick of adding an entry for the website in question to the hosts file with the IP address of a "safe" website so that if you try browsing to it you end up at say Google.

Ok I think I understand. Do you know of any app that will do the job?

"Bit of a long shot but does anyone know how to block ONE website only on my mobile. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini. Samsung say it can't be done and my service provider wasnt sure.

Help please!!!

Thanks

One way you *may* be able to achieve this with a bit of fiddling around (which may include rooting your phone to get access to the sytem files) id to research the equivalent of the old Windows trick of adding an entry for the website in question to the hosts file with the IP address of a "safe" website so that if you try browsing to it you end up at say Google."

How would one go about doing that? Youre talking to a complete technophobe here im afraid

Help please!!!

Thanks

One way you *may* be able to achieve this with a bit of fiddling around (which may include rooting your phone to get access to the sytem files) id to research the equivalent of the old Windows trick of adding an entry for the website in question to the hosts file with the IP address of a "safe" website so that if you try browsing to it you end up at say Google.

How would one go about doing that? Youre talking to a complete technophobe here im afraid "

In which case dont type the offending address in the address bar

"Ok I think I understand. Do you know of any app that will do the job?"

most of the apps found by googling for "android app for editing hosts file" require the phone to be rooted

There is one link that gives instructions for doing it from a DOS prompt and the Android Developer SDK from a PC but , and no offence here, as a self confessed technophobe I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

[Removed by poster at 30/06/14 19:41:56]

Ok well thanks for your time trying to help me.

"Ok well thanks for your time trying to help me. "

If you were closer I'd have been happy to pop around and sort you out

I bet

"Portlemouth? Wtf?! Problem....

Flipping autocorrect. "

Haha I love autocorrect

By *outh Wales HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Hobbiton

"I'm with orange an it won't allow me to browse fab swingers unless I either go in to an orange shop and have it unblocked or by doing it online "

Try using browser opera mini

"I bet

"

I'm probably not your type, unless you like shaved heads, hairy chests and above average sized cocks

Help please!!!

Thanks"

if its an actual app youve down loaded you can delete it ,, but not a website ,,

"I bet

I'm probably not your type, unless you like shaved heads, hairy chests and above average sized cocks "

» Add a new message to this topic