FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Hope for single gents:)

Hope for single gents:)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My experience is probualy much the same as many single males on here,rejection,rejection,rejection and nearly forgot lots of been blocked for sending nice,respectful messages.two months in and having put lots of work in by being respectful,taking no for a answer and getting to know people first ive got my third meet this week tomorrow.what I'm trying to say really is as a single man on here it's like been a leper sometimes because the minority of single men have fucked it for the genuine ones.my advice is treat and speak to people the way you liked to be.respect and manners will get you everywhere on this site.good luck gents and hope my experience helps

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orelliaMan  over a year ago

worcester

I have found quite the opposite. It matters not how many times I am polite, respectful and genuine. It doesn't matter that I take no for an answer, that I don't keep emailing the same people over and over. It doesn't matter if I am made of good manners and pleasant honesty. "They" still assume that I am one of the idiots. My profile doesn't suggest so, in fact the opposite is implied. But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile.

"I have found quite the opposite. It matters not how many times I am polite, respectful and genuine. It doesn't matter that I take no for an answer, that I don't keep emailing the same people over and over. It doesn't matter if I am made of good manners and pleasant honesty. "They" still assume that I am one of the idiots. My profile doesn't suggest so, in fact the opposite is implied. But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile. "
exactly what I found to be fair but I just kept at it.struck up friendships first by messages.hope yu crack it bro.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try googly eyes on your penis or making an ice lolly out of it.

"Try googly eyes on your penis or making an ice lolly out of it. "
pmsl..if only it was that easy..

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

if people dont want to meet you i dont know why you feel its the fault of other single men

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"I have found quite the opposite. It matters not how many times I am polite, respectful and genuine. It doesn't matter that I take no for an answer, that I don't keep emailing the same people over and over. It doesn't matter if I am made of good manners and pleasant honesty. "They" still assume that I am one of the idiots. My profile doesn't suggest so, in fact the opposite is implied. But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile. "

What makes you think they haven't looked at your profile?

The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman so basically, doesn't matter what you do, also where you live will play a huge factor, south is known for not being horney whilst north England is where the sex is at

"The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman so basically, doesn't matter what you do, also where you live will play a huge factor, south is known for not being horney whilst north England is where the sex is at "

Man's got a point there. The only interested ladies who message me are usually about 200 miles away. Such is life.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Keep telling yourself that fella..;-) You must be right... The other guys have spoilt it for you. Yep that's the reason

"The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman so basically, doesn't matter what you do, also where you live will play a huge factor, south is known for not being horney whilst north England is where the sex is at

Man's got a point there. The only interested ladies who message me are usually about 200 miles away. Such is life."

Yes same for me. I think I need one day to travel 300 miles to get a veri lol.

"The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman so basically, doesn't matter what you do, also where you live will play a huge factor, south is known for not being horney whilst north England is where the sex is at

Man's got a point there. The only interested ladies who message me are usually about 200 miles away. Such is life.Yes same for me. I think I need one day to travel 300 miles to get a veri lol."

We still need to go up to Chester to spit roast Honeyflower

By *lack nastyMan  over a year ago

Nuneaton/oxford

[Removed by poster at 08/01/15 16:54:47]

Man's got a point there. The only interested ladies who message me are usually about 200 miles away. Such is life.Yes same for me. I think I need one day to travel 300 miles to get a veri lol.

We still need to go up to Chester to spit roast Honeyflower "

Yes we do, need to do it one day to her

Man's got a point there. The only interested ladies who message me are usually about 200 miles away. Such is life.Yes same for me. I think I need one day to travel 300 miles to get a veri lol.

We still need to go up to Chester to spit roast Honeyflower Yes we do, need to do it one day to her "

"My experience is probualy much the same as many single males on here,rejection,rejection,rejection and nearly forgot lots of been blocked for sending nice,respectful messages.two months in and having put lots of work in by being respectful,taking no for a answer and getting to know people first ive got my third meet this week tomorrow.what I'm trying to say really is as a single man on here it's like been a leper sometimes because the minority of single men have fucked it for the genuine ones.my advice is treat and speak to people the way you liked to be.respect and manners will get you everywhere on this site.good luck gents and hope my experience helps "

Simple: Its not about looks, cock size or physical prowess....You have to have the X factor that the couple who you mail are looking for.

Its different for every couple and single. Its called "clicking" You only have moments for this to happen -usually by something in a message or photo and it doesnt have to have been taken by David Bailey or involve the guy sorting out 40 virgins.

Someone will click -its being out there as much as you can and waiting for the moment.

Problem also is that tastes and requirements shift and change so youre trying to hit a moving target.

We still need to go up to Chester to spit roast Honeyflower Yes we do, need to do it one day to her

"

We still need to go up to Chester to spit roast Honeyflower Yes we do, need to do it one day to her

"

Honeyflower blushing? Now I've seen everything!

Honeyflower blushing? Now I've seen everything! "

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha "

You should hear what they say about you in private

Time and time again. The formula machine.

E = effort.

R = results

E100 = R1

Effort in equals results out.

You may also wish to apply

D = desperation

P = pushunless

Therefore

E100-PD = R1

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha "

Mm yes nice and hard

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

......."minority of single men have fucked it for the genuine ones.".......

I'd be interested to learn the logic behind this assumption. In what possible way can YOU have any impact on how I use this site?

Really Corellia? I am close to you.....but not found it anywhere near as bad as you paint it.....and I still see several others no longer on the site.

Is it really such a problem if you are genuine?

Yes,

You get out of life what you put into it

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha Mm yes nice and hard "

Control yourself, man! We must focus and conserve our energy for the impending spit-roast!

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha Mm yes nice and hard "

Get your ass up north then

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha

You should hear what they say about you in private "

Lol now that I would like to head

I may be a sexually depraved nymphomaniac slut but its still a shock to see two men discussing spit roasting you haha Mm yes nice and hard

Get your ass up north then "

Yes I will, will see what days are fine

Oddly though you've been here 6 weeks and had 3 meets, some guys wait 6 months!

"Oddly though you've been here 6 weeks and had 3 meets, some guys wait 6 months!"
i live in the middle of nowere too,more sheep than ladies to be honest,all I was trying to do was give some hope to single guys as I know lot wait six months.kinda my point to begin with.stick with it,be yourself and good things will come.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Thank god for that

"if people dont want to meet you i dont know why you feel its the fault of other single men "

Maybe because so many profile texts include words like "had enough of the single men time wasters" or something similar along those lines

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"if people dont want to meet you i dont know why you feel its the fault of other single men

Maybe because so many profile texts include words like "had enough of the single men time wasters" or something similar along those lines"

Well I've had enough of timewasting men pretending to be women or couples on the site, but I don't then go on to classify all women or couples as timewasters...

Your success or otherwise is up to you on this site, not other people.

By *yLongJourneyMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

im still not sure what im doing wrong when im contacting people, is it my pronunciation, big words, or is it my face really, i cant tell at all, they mostly get deleted oh well, 1 meet in about 2 years and that was 1 and a half years ago, im doing very well with a slow decade

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"My experience is probualy much the same as many single males on here,rejection,rejection,rejection and nearly forgot lots of been blocked for sending nice,respectful messages.two months in and having put lots of work in by being respectful,taking no for a answer and getting to know people first ive got my third meet this week tomorrow.what I'm trying to say really is as a single man on here it's like been a leper sometimes because the minority of single men have fucked it for the genuine ones.my advice is treat and speak to people the way you liked to be.respect and manners will get you everywhere on this site.good luck gents and hope my experience helps "

Yawn

Brighton - even Hove!

"im still not sure what im doing wrong when im contacting people, is it my pronunciation, big words, or is it my face really, i cant tell at all, they mostly get deleted oh well, 1 meet in about 2 years and that was 1 and a half years ago, im doing very well with a slow decade"

You have been given profile advice before and you didn't act on it. Consider this: negativity is not sexually attractive.

"im still not sure what im doing wrong when im contacting people, is it my pronunciation, big words, or is it my face really, i cant tell at all, they mostly get deleted oh well, 1 meet in about 2 years and that was 1 and a half years ago, im doing very well with a slow decade"

Your status update is pretty petty and bitchy.

Lowestoft

i changed my profile more than once to accommodate to people needs better, im not negative this year, just sounds like it

"if people dont want to meet you i dont know why you feel its the fault of other single men

Maybe because so many profile texts include words like "had enough of the single men time wasters" or something similar along those lines"

Never seen that one before.....

Lowestoft

well i made an email to a lady, quite a lengthy one and in detail, with views from my side on what i had ready on her profile and it took a day to just delete it without at least a no thankyou response which is my pet hate really

"i changed my profile more than once to accommodate to people needs better, im not negative this year, just sounds like it"

maybe therein lies the problem....you've changed it to accommodate others....the women of fab can be pretty astute and can spot shit like that like you wouldn't believe.

Just make it all your own, but keep it positive. That's my best advice

"well i made an email to a lady, quite a lengthy one and in detail, with views from my side on what i had ready on her profile and it took a day to just delete it without at least a no thankyou response which is my pet hate really"

It's in the site FAQs that no answer is considered a polite no....its a thing on here you will have to deal with.

And folk see updates like that and wonder if they annoy you somehow, will you post a bitchy comment about them? Your one of many on here....guaranteed that no lady will pick the guy who's complaining....

Just the way it is fella......I don't like bitchy women.....do you? Works both ways

Brighton - even Hove!

"i changed my profile more than once to accommodate to people needs better, im not negative this year, just sounds like it"

Sounds negative? That's fine then as long as you're not really negative. How are people supposed to know the difference between sounding negative and not really being negative and just being negative?

Brighton - even Hove!

The thing is, horny doggy, is that if you try to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one - as you've just sussed out and realised after a year of no meets. Write about you not what you think other people want to hear. You can't know what other people want to just be yourself like christos says.

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"im still not sure what im doing wrong when im contacting people, is it my pronunciation, big words, or is it my face really, i cant tell at all, they mostly get deleted oh well, 1 meet in about 2 years and that was 1 and a half years ago, im doing very well with a slow decade

You have been given profile advice before and you didn't act on it. Consider this: negativity is not sexually attractive. "

I'm fucked then

My problem is that I'm just shit at first messages. All though I like to think I'm whitty etc in conversation, starting one I find difficult. And it doesn't help with me being dyslexic, specifically were I struggle to write down my thoughts. But also with this site not exactly being like a dating site , where the best profiles put what they interested in, so you can make you message relate to it. Profiles on here seem to be very descriptive of what they want, it terms of description of men, type of sex etc. but not like general interests which when you see a profile that says e.g. " not just about sex, I'd like to be able to have a hold a conversation", you'd think they have them. Also I don't think me not having any meets to my name doesn't help, a catch22. Which is a shame because (I don't mean to blow my own trumpet) really do think the ladies are missing out. Because I'm rather attractive, in great shape, I'm kind, funny, and have broad interests. My only downside is that I'm shy, which stops being an issue after a few minutes when I get talking.

Brighton - even Hove!

"My problem is that I'm just shit at first messages. All though I like to think I'm whitty etc in conversation, starting one I find difficult. And it doesn't help with me being dyslexic, specifically were I struggle to write down my thoughts. But also with this site not exactly being like a dating site , where the best profiles put what they interested in, so you can make you

message relate to it. Profiles on here

seem to be very descriptive of what

they want, it terms of description of

men, type of sex etc. but not like

general interests which when you see

a profile that says e.g. " not just about

sex, I'd like to be able to have a hold a

conversation", you'd think they have

them. Also I don't think me not having

any meets to my name doesn't help, a

catch22. Which is a shame because (I

don't mean to blow my own trumpet)

really do think the ladies are missing

out. Because I'm rather attractive, in

great shape, I'm kind, funny, and have

broad interests. My only downside is

that I'm shy, which stops being an issue

after a few minutes when I get talking.

"

So give me a reason why youre able to write so much in a profile post that tells people a lot about you but you can't do that in your profile? Your reasons are unconvincing when things like this happen. It's up to you....lousy profile = no meets. Do something or do nothing. Put some effort in to your profile or leave it. Life is full of choices and

options.

How do you know they didn't look at your profile, lots have their privacy settings to "do not appear on who's looked lists"

Polite respectul guys are replied to those who just say fancy a shag get ignored lol

"if people dont want to meet you i dont know why you feel its the fault of other single men "

this. That phrase about others spoiling it for the genuine ones is used as an excuse quite a lot on here.

Brighton - even Hove!

this. That phrase about others spoiling it for the genuine ones is used as an excuse quite a lot on here. "

It's true though!!!! If it wasn't for keenfucktographer getting all those meets in Glasgow, I'd be getting all those meets in Glasgow (if I went to Glasgow) and what about Nobby with his 200+ meets?! That's SO unfair! If he wasn't here, I'd be getting every single one of those 200 meets!

this. That phrase about others spoiling it for the genuine ones is used as an excuse quite a lot on here.

It's true though!!!! If it wasn't for keenfucktographer getting all those meets in Glasgow, I'd be getting all those meets in Glasgow (if I went to Glasgow) and what about Nobby with his 200+ meets?! That's SO unfair! If he wasn't here, I'd be getting every single one of those 200 meets! "

Keenfucktographer has met people from further afield too mind

Brighton - even Hove!

It's true though!!!! If it wasn't for keenfucktographer getting all those meets in Glasgow, I'd be getting all

those meets in Glasgow (if I went to

Glasgow) and what about Nobby with

his 200+ meets?! That's SO unfair! If

he wasn't here, I'd be getting every

single one of those 200 meets!

Keenfucktographer has met people

from further afield too mind "

It reminds me of scooby do "if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"...."if it wasn't for all those other men!"

I love a good advice thread.

Those who could do with heeding the advice rarely do. I think it is indicative of the state of things when you hear the blame game played instead of responsibility taken.

Time wasters spoil it etc. We all play the same odds but some get meets, some don't.

The thing that gets me chuckling are those who subtly throw in "us genuine guys". Is there a secret club of genuine guys who have their meets scuppered by an equally secret gang of non genuine guys?

Those people who are genuine come across as genuine and stand out a mile.

Does a time waster highlight the fact that they are? So why do people feel the need to state they are genuine?

To ALL THE WHINGERS!

Brighton Steve, Christos, myself....all successful guys....all giving same/similar advice.

Don't blame others for your lack of success.....it isn't attractive and it's just plain wrong.

Put some effort in to your profile....text and pics. But DON'T try to be all things to all people. Be honest and be yourself. No good trying to attract people who are not compatible.

Put yourself out there, in forums and clubs/socials...but do so positively. Moaning in these forums does you so much more harm than good.

If you are married/cheating and can't accommodate accept you will be sussed out! Be honest about it (your "market" will be smaller but there are folk out there who want that.) otherwise the ladies will soon rumble you!

It's a new year...get your ass in gear. Go out with a positive attitude...or get your ass out of here coz it's clearly not for you!

By *irmbutfairMan  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

"But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile. "
Assuming this assertion is true, and having seen things from all sides of the swinging world (between my wife's/our/my profile) it rings true purely due to volume received. Such a high percentage of messages are deleted without being read/looking at profile the content of either is completley irrelevant as the other party isn't looking at them. Therefore they don't read the messages from someone who may be compatible

(In the posters opinion possibly him). The solution is however something Id love to hear, other that I having a ridiculous number of filters or a lower character limit in the first message, I just don't see a practicle way of separating the wheat from the chaff.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile. Assuming this assertion is true, and having seen things from all sides of the swinging world (between my wife's/our/my profile) it rings true purely due to volume received. Such a high percentage of messages are deleted without being read/looking at profile the content of either is completley irrelevant as the other party isn't looking at them. Therefore they don't read the messages from someone who may be compatible

(In the posters opinion possibly him). The solution is however something Id love to hear, other that I having a ridiculous number of filters or a lower character limit in the first message, I just don't see a practicle way of separating the wheat from the chaff. "

Many (like us) will view someones profile before opening a message they've sent. If there's no interest/attraction or zero effort been put into the creation of that profile (or something that seriously puts us off!) - we'll delete the message without reading. This has been pointed out a zillion times on the forums yet people still prefer to chuck out the excuse of high volumes of messages.

Excuses are easy.

"Other men ruin things for us 'genuine' (wtf is genuine??? ) guys!"

"My message will never be read due to the volume someone receives."

"There's are no active people in my area."

"I'm too old but age is irrelevant/just a number! ( )

"It's sooooooooooooooooooo unfair!! (In my best 'Kevin & Perry' voice! )

Life is what you make it folks. You control your own actions and interactions - nobody else. Your actions affect nobody but you. The site is full of people sending and reading messages, chatting, meeting and enjoying themselves.

Just because you (generic you - nobody in particular!) aren't getting your messages read or actually meeting anyone didn't make it the fault of anyone else, the site, the weather, the price of fish, geography or any other reason.

Maybe - just maybe - it's you. And the possibility that the people you're messaging just simply aren't interested in what you have to offer.

Just because YOU think you're compatible with someone else doesn't make it so.

And it never will.

A

dover

"But most, if not all of my messages I send out are "unread/deleted", and they didn't even look at my profile. Assuming this assertion is true, and having seen things from all sides of the swinging world (between my wife's/our/my profile) it rings true purely due to volume received. Such a high percentage of messages are deleted without being read/looking at profile the content of either is completley irrelevant as the other party isn't looking at them. Therefore they don't read the messages from someone who may be compatible

(In the posters opinion possibly him). The solution is however something Id love to hear, other that I having a ridiculous number of filters or a lower character limit in the first message, I just don't see a practicle way of separating the wheat from the chaff. "

I still think that junk mail analogy is the best one. All those firms sending you literature believe that they have tailored it for you, when they clearly haven't. The analogy extends further to the hopes of the sender who really doesn't expect to get one answer in 1000 letters sent.

The same expectations should be held by senders of messages here.

Self appointed wheat will often be treated as chaff.

By *irmbutfairMan  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

" Many (like us) will view someones profile before opening a message they've sent. "

The chap in question does exclude this in his post though saying that the people he had messaged havn't looked at his profile. I don't message many people on here, but still I would say at a rough guess, and a small sample size, 75% of messages I sent were deleted without reading or looking at profile. I find it mildly irritating but realise why it happens. Also having the advantage of having a lovely wife to play with meeting others isn't the be all and end all for me, so will be less frustrating than for a single guy.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

" Many (like us) will view someones profile before opening a message they've sent.

The chap in question does exclude this in his post though saying that the people he had messaged havn't looked at his profile. I don't message many people on here, but still I would say at a rough guess, and a small sample size, 75% of messages I sent were deleted without reading or looking at profile. I find it mildly irritating but realise why it happens. Also having the advantage of having a lovely wife to play with meeting others isn't the be all and end all for me, so will be less frustrating than for a single guy. "

Two things.

I was here with a solo profile for longer than I've been here as a couple - and deleted the profile with three figures worth of veri's after experiencing none of the problems commonly expressed in the forums.

People won't always show as having viewed you. Many (again like us!) tick the box in privacy settings not to show on someone's 'who's looked at me' list.

A

Not to have a go just making a point. If you sent me a lovely message with a nice face pic I would look at your profile and be instantly put off. If you are as polite as you state then good luck to you, we certainly need more polite men and your persistence has paid off so well done.

All guys on here have to rem that single fems and couples are bombarded daily with mail.We are polite in reply, but are then on occations given verbal because a guy hates it when you say no.There are far to many idiots on here who let you down are rude and do spoli it for the few genuine ones on here.Some guys who are unable to string a sentance togther need to say more than just Hi.We have found guys all to often think they are talking to the fem well golden rule one never assume it's the case as if you do and don't respect the male then forget it, you crashed and burned. Treat people the way you wish to be treated be respectful at all times and also be patient as some of us have busy lives outside fab we don't live on here.Key is respect, patience and honesty at the end of the day.Fab could also do there bit by dealing with any reports we put in.A name and shame page should be available for all to see so the time wasters and idiots can be seen and stopped in their tracks or charge every user to use fab then it may take some of the problens away.The fem

dover

"All guys on here have to rem that single fems and couples are bombarded daily with mail.We are polite in reply, but are then on occations given verbal because a guy hates it when you say no.There are far to many idiots on here who let you down are rude and do spoli it for the few genuine ones on here."

You are very patient to reply to all queries and, if you do, then eventually you'll get to the genuine guys. I do appreciate however that many will not be as patient as you are.

» Add a new message to this topic