FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Accessible Swinging

Accessible Swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A friend has told me that all the swinging clubs he knows of are not wheelchair accessible. I googled and found ne in Sanda Ana, which is nice, but a bit far... Other than that I can have a Wheelchair Swing, attend a Jazz Swing Club in Lowestoft or learn to play golf...

Does anyone know of any clubs that I could attend in my wheelchair and have some fun!?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

its something that has been mentioned on here before. unfortunately not a lot of swingersclubs are accesible to wheel chair users

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I'd ring the club that you're interested in attending and ask if they can accomodate you. Z

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Over 3 flights of narrow stairs Chameleons Darlaston is a definate non-starter.

Atlantis Stoke is on two floors, all the toilets are on the 2nd floor so this would be a problem.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys. So I need to win the lottery and build one then? Would anyone come to my club? and what would you have me make it like? What would your ideal swingers club be like?

By *teph_NaturallyTV/TS  over a year ago

Kettering

Jaydees nr St Neots is wheelchair friendly ..tho access to one of the lounges is up stairs ..the rest of the club is fine tho...pity its so far from you

"Thanks guys. So I need to win the lottery and build one then? Would anyone come to my club? and what would you have me make it like? What would your ideal swingers club be like? "

One with signage telling me whats where that way i dont get lost

Oh, but it can be so much fun getting lost.....

"

....One with signage telling me whats where that way i dont get lost "

Isn't that what single males are there for...

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"Thanks guys. So I need to win the lottery and build one then? Would anyone come to my club? and what would you have me make it like? What would your ideal swingers club be like?

One with signage telling me whats where that way i dont get lost "

I am always going around in circles at chams...lol

"Thanks guys. So I need to win the lottery and build one then? Would anyone come to my club? and what would you have me make it like? What would your ideal swingers club be like?

I am always going around in circles at chams...lol"

You need to keep out the round room then or at least ask the guys to stop spinning the bed

[Removed by poster at 12/10/10 19:58:46]

I am always going around in circles at chams...lol

You need to keep out the round room then or at least ask the guys to stop spinning the bed "

oops messed up last post, so second time round, i really only watched honest

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I am always going around in circles at chams...lol"

That's cause you're strapped to the round bed while its revolving

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

i just wonder ?????????? are these clubs breaking the law now ????? all buildings are to be acessable to wheelchair users these days even my papershop as built a ramp are is there a rule that makes them exempt or if so does the disabilty people think that wheelchair users are not swingers ..................... i just wonder this could lead to lifts installed etc lol good luck hun and if i win lottery ill open a friendly one for you x

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"i just wonder ?????????? are these clubs breaking the law now ????? all buildings are to be acessable to wheelchair users these days even my papershop as built a ramp are is there a rule that makes them exempt or if so does the disabilty people think that wheelchair users are not swingers ..................... i just wonder this could lead to lifts installed etc lol good luck hun and if i win lottery ill open a friendly one for you x"

If that was to happen, swingers clubs would most likely either close or have to charge way more to get in. It cost us a fortune to change a relatively new building to be wheelchair friendly and in the 7 years we were there... Not one disabled person visited!

When you put the cost alongside the possible raise in price to cover sexual equality, Only very rich people would be able to afford to go!

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

"i just wonder ?????????? are these clubs breaking the law now ????? all buildings are to be acessable to wheelchair users these days even my papershop as built a ramp are is there a rule that makes them exempt or if so does the disabilty people think that wheelchair users are not swingers ..................... i just wonder this could lead to lifts installed etc lol good luck hun and if i win lottery ill open a friendly one for you x

If that was to happen, swingers clubs would most likely either close or have to charge way more to get in. It cost us a fortune to change a relatively new building to be wheelchair friendly and in the 7 years we were there... Not one disabled person visited!

When you put the cost alongside the possible raise in price to cover sexual equality, Only very rich people would be able to afford to go! "

If you were in the same position as the OP would you feel the same way as you do now? How many people would find this acceptable if the boot was on the other foot so to speak.

Disabled/wheelchair accessable clubs would mean that not only wheelchair users but ALL people with mobility problems could access them. (wheelchair users , people with back problems, bad knee's, hip problems. I could go on for ever) It it surprising how many people, just on this site alone, have mobility problems and health issues. I am one of them, and would love to go to a club. I have a life limiting illness, so the probability of a club being accessable for me before I am in no condition to carry on playing is highly unlikely. I am not playing the sympathy, just stating an honest fact.

There are grants available from local authorities and disabled charities to help improve access. So there is no excuse for these places not to be accessable.

Or is it they don't want people with disabilities in their clubs? Or do they think disabled people don't swing?

I appreciate that disabled people are in a minority (but with many of our soldiers sadly returning with disabilities we may not be a minority for much longer) , and unless you are in the position the OP, myself and many others are in it is difficult to see things from our point of view. We don't want to be treated differently, just be able to do the same things as everyone else. N xx

"i just wonder ?????????? are these clubs breaking the law now ????? all buildings are to be acessable to wheelchair users these days even my papershop as built a ramp are is there a rule that makes them exempt or if so does the disabilty people think that wheelchair users are not swingers ..................... i just wonder this could lead to lifts installed etc lol good luck hun and if i win lottery ill open a friendly one for you x"

They are not breaking the law...

Building Regulations Part M, guided by BS8300, requires only that a building achieves "that which is reasonable" in providing Access For All. A new build would have to be designed incorporate this legislation, however it may be judged unreasonable in the design of alteration to an existing building to meet all the current requirements under the regulations.

The occasional ramp to a facility would not be "unreasonable" in most cases... However it could be argued that the introduction of ramps, lifts, accessible toilet facilities (which are only the tip of the legislative iceberg) in the case of say Chams would be unreasonable in that the building is not (in brief) "big enough" to make the relevant alterations viable.

There are no exemptions. But an astute Building Control Officer may relax the letter of the regulations on common sense grounds.

If anyone wants a new swing club designing..... You know where I am

[Removed by poster at 14/10/10 00:46:00]

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

Very good point eurotongue. I couldn't remember the wording of the legislation so I'm glad you'd gone to the effort.

I was just wondering however whether it would be reasonable for estabishments to adopt the idea used by public transport buses, where the driver would retrieve a portable ramp. This would negate the need for any structural building alterations but would allow access.

Furthermore it's not just people in wheelchairs, but includes people with restricted mobility, arthritis, hip problems, knee probelms etc.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Very good point eurotongue. I couldn't remember the wording of the legislation so I'm glad you'd gone to the effort.

I was just wondering however whether it would be reasonable for estabishments to adopt the idea used by public transport buses, where the driver would retrieve a portable ramp. This would negate the need for any structural building alterations but would allow access.

Furthermore it's not just people in wheelchairs, but includes people with restricted mobility, arthritis, hip problems, knee probelms etc."

i know chams would need structuaral alterations to accomodate wheelchairs as the doorways and stairwells are very narrow

» Add a new message to this topic