FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > advice on protection please!

advice on protection please!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *NotACrowdxx OP   Couple  over a year ago

brighton

Male had the snip. Female no longer on the pill and would rather not go back on. Would like to play with other females and males but what is the best way to protect female against stds and pregnancy rather than just condom which could break. What is the normal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

mirena coil is popular

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

the only protection against STIs that I know of is condoms and they aren't 100%. As far as protection against pregnancy goes you have more choice, from the coil to condoms and everything between.

"mirena coil is popular"

Wouldn't protect against std's though.

Abstinence! That's a scary word lol

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Condoms with plenty of lube.

Lack of lube is the main reason they break if I remember correctly.

Mr ddc

I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy

"I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy "
this would work

"I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy this would work "

So far so good...

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I had a mirena coil fitted after a condom broke early in the year. I was in a monogomous relationship at the time so i wasn't too concerned about sti's, i just didn't want an accidental pregnancy.

The coil doesn't protect against any sti, it just stops you getting pregnant.

The only way to completely avoid sti's is abstinence. The next best thing is barrier methods of contraception - condoms or female condom.

Female condom, lots of lube, and a normal male condom?

Contraceptive implant. Or injections.

"Female condom, lots of lube, and a normal male condom? "

Agter all that is there any sensation left to bother even doing the deed

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

The coil (with or without hormones) does not help prevent STIs. Nor does the injection.

The condom is the best method, and no method is 100% safe.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Genital ulcer diseases include genital herpes, syphilis, and chancroid are transmitted primarily through skin-to-skin contact and a condom offers little protection against those infections.

It should also be remembered that little research has been done regarding the transmission of STI via oral sex as in most cases of oral sex, reported penetrative vaginal or anal sex has also taken place.

"mirena coil is popular"

Only condoms or zero sex stop STDs

Condoms help protect against stds but only no sex stops them x

Why are some of you suggesting the coil or implant .....

Do you really think they protect you from stds ???

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

The contraception that suits you personally, which obviously is different woman to woman, then condoms just for STI.

By *avrick15Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Safest way is up the bum 100% for both apparently

Sheffield

"

Safest way is up the bum 100% for both apparently "

It's true, Maverick only ever takes it up the bum, and never pregnant yet

glasgow

"

It's true, Maverick only ever takes it up the bum, and never pregnant yet "

True story.. Although I'm now getting a pm accusing me of mocking the risks of hiv

Sigh I'm sure people are all grown up enough to see its a joke but if I offended or risked misinforming someone I retract my tomfoolery

Sheffield

"

True story.. Although I'm now getting a pm accusing me of mocking the risks of hiv

Sigh I'm sure people are all grown up enough to see its a joke but if I offended or risked misinforming someone I retract my tomfoolery "

Well, it's was half correct, which is good going for a forum post.

Tomfoolery on a Friday night? Do you think we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves or something? Be more serious man

glasgow

"

Sigh I'm sure people are all grown up enough to see its a joke but if I offended or risked misinforming someone I retract my tomfoolery

Well, it's was half correct, which is good going for a forum post.

Tomfoolery on a Friday night? Do you think we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves or something? Be more serious man "

Off into the corner to have a word with myself

Shame

"I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy "

This is what I do. Worked so far

glasgow

"I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy

This is what I do. Worked so far"

Nice ink

Sheffield

"I had mirena coil fitted that suits me as just a small amount of hormones in it and I could no longer use the pill due to the level of hormones. Condoms to prevent catching std's and regular testing for peace of mind or early detection should the worst happen. Triple whammy

This is what I do. Worked so far"

I do similar, but instead of a coil I have the depo injection, use comdoms and get tested regularly too.

Bun

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Condoms & femidoms for oral & intercourse but oral for me giving & receiving is best done without as it kills the mood.

Regular tests at least every 3 months should also be on the agenda as they don't make you bullet proof but they can stop an outbreak.

Me & Kim have been doing this for 20 yrs without a single std so being careful pays but people can take protection to far which then makes it clinical.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Contraceptives are pill, injection, implant, coil, sterilisation or condoms.

Protection against STIs - condoms or monogamy.

By *ischief ManagedCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Why are some of you suggesting the coil or implant .....

Do you really think they protect you from stds ??? "

Op stated protection against pregnancy too and would prefer not to go back on the pill? Or did I misread.

I have just gone on the implant. As no more babies for us! We always practice safe sex plus 3 monthly sexual health checks for both of us. Xx

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Male had the snip. Female no longer on the pill and would rather not go back on. Would like to play with other females and males but what is the best way to protect female against stds and pregnancy rather than just condom which could break. What is the normal? "

Depo jab for contraception. Condoms are the only thing for stds

abstinence,100% gauruntee against pregnancy and sti

By *ougarsandcubsWoman  over a year ago

Medway

"abstinence,100% gauruntee against pregnancy and sti "

Agree above only guarantee x

By *c-ukMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"abstinence,100% gauruntee against pregnancy and sti

Agree above only guarantee x "

celibacy is pretty effective as well.. I should know

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Male had the snip. Female no longer on the pill and would rather not go back on. Would like to play with other females and males but what is the best way to protect female against stds and pregnancy rather than just condom which could break. What is the normal? "

Why do I feel like this is a trick question?!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Condoms with plenty of lube.

Mr ddc "

Most lubes will react with the condom and destroy its strength. Buy water based lube if using condoms.

"Genital ulcer diseases include genital herpes, syphilis, and chancroid are transmitted primarily through skin-to-skin contact and a condom offers little protection against those infections.

It should also be remembered that little research has been done regarding the transmission of STI via oral sex as in most cases of oral sex, reported penetrative vaginal or anal sex has also taken place.

"

People seem so oblivious to this!

I love it up the bum and no chance of pregnancy lol

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

"Genital ulcer diseases include genital herpes, syphilis, and chancroid are transmitted primarily through skin-to-skin contact and a condom offers little protection against those infections.

People seem so oblivious to this!"

I don't think people are oblivious just that the risks are so much smaller than for anal or vaginal unprotected they accept it

Remember the only safe sex is to delete your fab account and not have sex with strangers - anything above that is taking a risk whether people like it or not - the only variation is what level of risk you choose to take

People seem so oblivious to this!

I don't think people are oblivious just that the risks are so much smaller than for anal or vaginal unprotected they accept it

Remember the only safe sex is to delete your fab account and not have sex with strangers - anything above that is taking a risk whether people like it or not - the only variation is what level of risk you choose to take "

Oh yes, people ARE oblivious. I had a thread before about "safe oral" and some people are genuinely surprised about they risks involved in unprotected oral sex. I also have had conversations with people who actually think that once they wear a condom they are safe from catching any STD. Same guy argued with me that you cannot catch herpes from a coldsore, oblivious to the fact that a coldsore IS herpes! So there are a lot of people who are simply ignorant about this kind of thing, its disturbing in this day and age! By all means make informed decisions about your sex/swinging life, but come on people, do your research and at least know your risks! Ignorance is not bliss!

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Dont have sex , job done ,

"Condoms with plenty of lube.

Mr ddc

Most lubes will react with the condom and destroy its strength. Buy water based lube if using condoms."

These days there are plenty of condom safe lubricants you can buy easily, even in tesco you can get several. But yes non of the old Crisco or baby oil for lube lol

OP

For STI condoms and I would speak to your GP or family planning about contraception to see what works best for you.

» Add a new message to this topic