FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > When do you request friends?

When do you request friends?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ysnomia OP   Man  over a year ago

Preston

When is a polite amount of time before you would traditionally offer people?

Do you wait till you message them with pics, or there have been half a dozen messages? Wait till meets?

What is etiquette around here?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Send a few messages, swap face pics and then ask if it is ok to send a friends request.

We wait until we've decided we're going to meet the person, not much point any other time.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

When a meet is arranged, and maybe not even then. If we meet and we like each other then they go on my friends list.

"When is a polite amount of time before you would traditionally offer people?

Do you wait till you message them with pics, or there have been half a dozen messages? Wait till meets?

What is etiquette around here?"

Ask the person you want to send a request to. Everyone is different.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

After a bit of message tennis and once we decide we like them. If we feel like we could be friends in real life.

I only add people once we have met..

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

We used to accept them after a little chat but that stopped as few went silent after probably because they thought we had rude pics in friends only.

Now unless a known forumite it'll be only those we have met or a long way to arranging meeting.

S

By *angbang junkieCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

Only Once met for us.

If someone winks or messages us and we like the look of them, we would probably request to be friends immediately. Baring in mind we only get to know people at parties. We can't be bothered to chat on-line, we're better in person, so we feel we may as well just get the. All rolling and become 'friends'. If our paths never cross we will defriend eventually. There are a few couples that have messaged us expressing an interest, and we returned the compliment with a brief message and a friend request, and they disappear. We concluded that they didn't like our promptness in sending a friend request.

Mrs

Only after I have actually met someone

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I only friend if I meet, and will meet again.

Unless it's someone from the forums I believe I am going to meet.

I keep a short friends list

The clue is in the name.....it's for friends. I only tend to send one to people I've met....or at least exchanged numbers with and spoken properly.

I have accepted requests off some earlier than that....but unfriendly if things go nowhere....

I also have several good friends I've met on here that are not on my friends list here...they are in my phone...so I don't need them to be friends on here.

I certainly wouldn't send a request to someone I'd not even spoken to...or even after just a few messages....#stalkeralert!

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

This depends on the situation. Some people have become friends on the forum, some we plan to meet, some we have met. We never accept unsolicited friend requests, because this is just people trying their luck for pictures. Sometimes people are just lazy so they send a friend request .... been talking to one of us on our single profile and send one to our couple profile. This doesn't work for us either, without an interaction with both of us.

Once we've met and would like to again

I only add people I've met now. I used to add once I'd started chatting and talked about meeting but found that not long after being able to perv my pics , conversation stopped. They'd got what they wanted at the end of the day and probably never had any intention of meeting. Live and learn

Interesting to see how people have a rule that they have to have met before friending. We find most people accept our friend requests after basic communication. Obviously we wouldn't accept random friend requests as that is pointless, but at the same time we've never had any problems with having people on our 'friends' list that we haven't yet met. We don't regard 'Fab' friends as the same as 'Facebook' friends - it's not like there's any personal information available by being 'Fab' friends. To us being 'friends' on Fab is a good way of saying 'it would be nice if our paths crossed one day'. But maybe we should be more careful when we dish out friend requests to people who send us a wink, as it seems some people don't appreciate it.

Mrs

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Someone I'd consider meeting

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

We add people as friends if we have met or would like to meet them after chatting.

It means when we are available it's our go to list to say hi, fancy meeting up on x or y night.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

When a meet is arranged and details exchanged.

By *olliPineCouple  over a year ago

swingers clubs

Only after meeting, and even then not necessarily accepted or sent. We have a friends list for people we want to stay in contact with. We have people we genuinely consider as friends in this lifestyle - people we meet socially, holiday and day trips with.

Too many friend requests out of the blue or after 1 message and you know they're time-wasters or fakes and only want to see your private pics - the majority of friend invites would never lead to a meet.

Also annoying, people who ask if we have any more pics, without any of their own.

By *heBlueEyedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Berkshire

If you look at those who generally accept any friends requests they receive you most likely never going chat or meet best to chat and ask.

By *oodvibrations68Couple  over a year ago

Lake Constance

...we use it to share further photos and face pics in particular...assuming we have some common ground with the recipients

By *reative_EdgeMan  over a year ago

Brighton / Hove Area

"Send a few messages, swap face pics and then ask if it is ok to send a friends request. "

I only accept friends requests from people I know or am hopeful/likely to meet

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

After messaging and a meet is likely, or if we have met them ad-hoc in a club and swapped fab names. xx

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It varies to be honest and depends on the situation - tend to play it by ear, most of the people I have "friended" on here are either people I chat to a lot or those I have met, or intend to meet.

3 mins after ejaculation xxx

I'm not really that bothered, there are people I've met who I'm still not friends with on here.

I only have a handful of friends. They are folk who put up with me and message me and i like chatting to

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't have a hard and fast rule.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I don't have a hard and fast rule. "

Hard and fast you say

By *heaspieswingerMan  over a year ago

Peak District

Not until we've met the person.

Despite stating this on our profile, we still get requests from people we've never even spoken too, let alone met. Grrrr!

I'm never really sure although I use my hotlist for those I think I might like to meet but haven't communicated with and my friends list for when I have communicated with someone and am sure I would like to meet them, as well as those I have already met. Everyone has different ideas though.

After we've established an all round connection, we all like face pics and there's a chance we'll meet.

We're not into accepting pic hunters

We add people when we have met them.....

» Add a new message to this topic