FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Just me or....

Just me or....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the 21st Century even in the Kink world should people perhaps stop using the word "slave".

Just saying.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It wont just be you but it isn't hurting those that "choose" to use the word and term x

But the terms are openly used and written. If a couple want to use racist or obscene terms together in private that's fine but I see profiles on here (and admittedly more on other sites) with people specifically looking for or women/men identifying as slaves and masters. I just think it carries a very negative connotation and perhaps a better wording could be used.

Then again I'm just really bored on a Tuesday and probably over thinking things.

The master/slave roleplay has been around for a long time and will probably continue to be... If it's not your thing then just don't get involved.

Technically 'slave' isn't racist as anyone could have a slave the same race as them, it wouldn't be racist but they are still a slave. Technically.

Not sure about that angle....pretty sure slavery is a white on black issue in the historical context.

Like I said...mostly bored and musing

"

I just think it carries a very negative connotation and perhaps a better wording could be used.

"

Then don't you reply to those ads,they clearly aren't for you,and you obviously aren't for them.

There,now im your life coach.

But when I hear the word slave and master I don’t think of black and white so I’m not sure I see it as a racist connotation.

Maybe I should

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"

Not sure about that angle....pretty sure slavery is a white on black issue in the historical context.

Like I said...mostly bored and musing "

No.

Romans had slaves, they also had a black emperor. Septimius Severs.

Egyptians had slaves. Exodus anyone?

Incas, aztecs, myans, Chinese, Japanese, British, American, Africans. Pretty much every civilisation has practised it.

Slavery as you are thinking of it is one of the more recent versions, but not the most recent. People trafficking still goes on but not many societies outside of north Korea have it as a legalised entity.

Slaves in terms of sex games are not in the same ball park, similar to when my wife dresses up as a naughty nurse I don't expect to get free NHS treatment.

Might be too much time spent in the States.

It is surprising to me that people find personal preferences (for example women liking so called BBC or not wanting to meet certain races) an issue on the forums but the slave/master thing seemingly gets a pass.

Personal preference is just that. Not all men like women of a certain colour or build. Some women prefer black men or don't like gingers or whatever. That seems less racist to me

"

No.

Incas, aztecs, myans, Chinese, Japanese, British, American, Africans. Pretty much every civilisation has practised it.

Slavery as you are thinking of it is one of the more recent versions, but not the most recent. People trafficking still goes on but not many societies outside of north Korea have it as a legalised entity.

Slaves in terms of sex games are not in the same ball park, similar to when my wife dresses up as a naughty nurse I don't expect to get free NHS treatment. "

So no white slavery in the past 1000 years is what you're saying....which is kind of my point. Your historic argument is sound but in reality I think anyone would agree the term slave would be considered more offensive in an all-black than an all-white setting

Your wife sounds lovely though.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"

Might be too much time spent in the States.

It is surprising to me that people find personal preferences (for example women liking so called BBC or not wanting to meet certain races) an issue on the forums but the slave/master thing seemingly gets a pass.

Personal preference is just that. Not all men like women of a certain colour or build. Some women prefer black men or don't like gingers or whatever. That seems less racist to me "

Never an issue on the forums until someone highlights it.

Just because people have a preference does not make them racist.

"

Never an issue on the forums until someone highlights it.

Just because people have a preference does not make them racist. "

100% agree and that was what I said. But wow people on the forums get bent out of shape about it

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

I think they get bent out of shape because it's a recurring topic and it's the same answers all the time.

Personal preference.

In your bed

"

No.

Slaves in terms of sex games are not in the same ball park, similar to when my wife dresses up as a naughty nurse I don't expect to get free NHS treatment.

So no white slavery in the past 1000 years is what you're saying....which is kind of my point. Your historic argument is sound but in reality I think anyone would agree the term slave would be considered more offensive in an all-black than an all-white setting

Your wife sounds lovely though."

I think you have a very American perspective.

My point was that it's not about race, slavery is about one element exerting a position of superiority over another.

Slavery is common historically within the same race as it is between people of different skin colours. American slavery is more recent but no more relevant to sex play than any other forms of slavery. History is either relevant or its not, there is no set date when it becomes irrelevant history.

Ie anything outside of American history.

Not sure slaves traditionally come from inside a race. Your own example (Exodus anyone) was Caananites fleeing the Egyptians.

Aztecs and Incas took slaves from conquered tribes. Racially similar but probably the last example outside the Indian caste system.

Now determined to make this the most boring thread on Fab

In your bed

"

Not sure slaves traditionally come from inside a race. Your own example (Exodus anyone) was Caananites fleeing the Egyptians.

Aztecs and Incas took slaves from conquered tribes. Racially similar but probably the last example outside the Indian caste system.

Now determined to make this the most boring thread on Fab "

I would not say boring more QI.

The Qing dynasty initially oversaw an expansion in slavery, they possessed about two million slaves upon their conquest of China.

It depends on whether you are defining race as skin colour, Ie white on black. Or race as in cultural, genetically and geographically local but of a different culture, family, tribe, religion.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"...So no white slavery in the past 1000 years is what you're saying..."

Nope. White slaves are about even today.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"

In the 21st Century even in the Kink world should people perhaps stop using the word "slave".

Just saying....."

Yeah, and we should stop using the word "serve" as it has negative connotations with regards to the word servant, and while we are on the subject maybe drop the words "daddy" and "slut" too.... jeez, lighten up dude.

By *otForSoftiesWoman  over a year ago

The North / Party Hard Everywhere

"

Just saying....."

Why? Just because time has moved on the kinksters still have their kinks. If it's because you deem the word is tainted, just remember where it's consensual it's really no one else's business what people do or what they call it.

Fake pictures lol

In consenting sex a "slave" is not really "a slave" because they are doing it of their own free will and are forced into nothing. It's just a turn of phrase to describe their activities and preferences. I think it's taking PC a bit too far to suggest it is racist or wrong to use the word.

» Add a new message to this topic