FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Phone before meet..

Phone before meet..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustme6 OP   Man  over a year ago

tamworth

So who insists on phone chat before meet. So just had a meet cancelled. All arranged after a few chats over a few weeks. All keen...then asked to chat before meet...one of my rules...then puff...vanished like the dragon. Anyone else insist on phone before meet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ndylynne10Man  over a year ago

henfield

yes we do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes. Sounds like your woman might have been a man..

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I don't do phone chats, cam or anything else to prove myself to anyone before a meet.

I only ever meet for the first time at clubs or a local social with no prospect of more. If you are just meeting up locally for a cuppa there is no need for anyone to prove themselves first.

As we mostly meet single guys,we don't insist on it,can't imagine there be too many ladies pretending to be blokes on this site

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I don't do phone chats, cam or anything else to prove myself to anyone before a meet.

I only ever meet for the first time at clubs or a local social with no prospect of more. If you are just meeting up locally for a cuppa there is no need for anyone to prove themselves first."

Pretty much this

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

yes we do. wont meet without phone chat first between the ladies. hollie

"I don't do phone chats, cam or anything else to prove myself to anyone before a meet.

I only ever meet for the first time at clubs or a local social with no prospect of more. If you are just meeting up locally for a cuppa there is no need for anyone to prove themselves first."

For me it’s a filter. I don’t want to get dressed up and drag my sorry arse across Leeds for someone who isn’t going to make an effort to be good company or isn’t prepared to demonstrate easily that they are genuine. It also filters out married men sometimes (text me before phoning). I can understand it’s different for couples.

"So who insists on phone chat before meet. So just had a meet cancelled. All arranged after a few chats over a few weeks. All keen...then asked to chat before meet...one of my rules...then puff...vanished like the dragon. Anyone else insist on phone before meet."
I like it yes but sometimes youre cutting off yer nose to spite your face

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I have had phone meets on occation before a social meet. I find talking on the phone give a great and cheap way of checking there is a connection before you all spend time or energy meeting. If your getting on great and the talk is flowing over the phone then things are looling good when you meet. If someone then disappears after a phone call then that's a good thing surely? They clearly didn't get a good feel for you over the phone. Better than you all making the effort to meet and then there being no spark. Guess you can do the same on video call of some sort.

Always insist on a quick chat

"Always insist on a quick chat "
phone me now x

"Always insist on a quick chat phone me now x "

Ha ha

"Always insist on a quick chat phone me now x

Ha ha "

cmon I'd give you a laugh you sexy arse

If I were a man I would ask for proof of them being female and a just taken face pic, or something like that.

If I'm interested in someone and they want verification I'm a woman I'll chat or say hello on Skype or Kik on my phone.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We generally prefer a phone chat first with women we plan to meet, but understand not everyone is comfortable talking on the phone. Doesn’t mean they are a man, they could just be shy or unconfident talking to strangers.

Whilst it’s a good way of appraising genuine meets, it’s not everything.

Ha ha cmon I'd give you a laugh you sexy arse "

I'm sure you would

I only ever meet for the first time at clubs or a local social with no prospect of more. If you are just meeting up locally for a cuppa there is no need for anyone to prove themselves first.

For me it’s a filter. I don’t want to get dressed up and drag my sorry arse across Leeds for someone who isn’t going to make an effort to be good company or isn’t prepared to demonstrate easily that they are genuine. It also filters out married men sometimes (text me before phoning). I can understand it’s different for couples."

I ask for texts before calling as I work a lot and have kids, can’t always speak on the phone

I've never insisted on proof by phone call pic of any other means. When I felt I needed some proof, that in itself was enough for me to say thank you but I'm not feeling it and move on.

If someone insists on a face pic or a call before meeting then I will move on quickly. Reason is if one cannot feel it through chatting before hand then it probably won't work out well and the social will be a waste of time too. My gut feeling has never let me down yet in the years I've been on fab and can't see why it will now.

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

We don’t- I’d assume our verifications speak for themselves of how real we are and the same for whoever we plan to meet.

We have only been asked a handful of times for a phone chat beforehand, and have obliged, but to be honest I absolutely hate it. I don’t like speaking on the phone in general (never answer numbers I don’t know) and get anxious and nervous before a phone call

I know that sounds crazy considering I’ve got plenty of confidence during meets.

I think if someone has good, up to date verifications then a phone call isn’t particularly necessary. If you think someone isn’t who they say they are then you’re probably right anyway.

Sassy

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Happy to chat if that's what the person wants but we don't insist. Usually chat on here for a year lol before meeting so think if they weren't game/real they would have left the site in that time

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I've never insisted on proof by phone call pic of any other means. When I felt I needed some proof, that in itself was enough for me to say thank you but I'm not feeling it and move on.

If someone insists on a face pic or a call before meeting then I will move on quickly. Reason is if one cannot feel it through chatting before hand then it probably won't work out well and the social will be a waste of time too. My gut feeling has never let me down yet in the years I've been on fab and can't see why it will now."

I thought I was the only one

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

I never met without a phone call.

I don't insist on it. But i love hearing a person's voice and just talking, to get to know someone, on the build up to a potential meet. It adds another dimension, that you can't get from messaging alone

"So who insists on phone chat before meet. So just had a meet cancelled. All arranged after a few chats over a few weeks. All keen...then asked to chat before meet...one of my rules...then puff...vanished like the dragon. Anyone else insist on phone before meet."

You mean the chats were texts and they disappeared before the real chat?

I insist on speaking to the guy before a meet.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It's not something I ask for - usually by the time I've got round to suggesting meeting a lot (and I mean a lot) of messages have passed back and forth and I have a 99.99999% certainty that the person is genuine and likely to turn up.

I actually quite like the surprise element of finding out what someone sounds like when we first meet too.

"It's not something I ask for - usually by the time I've got round to suggesting meeting a lot (and I mean a lot) of messages have passed back and forth and I have a 99.99999% certainty that the person is genuine and likely to turn up.

I actually quite like the surprise element of finding out what someone sounds like when we first meet too."

You don't have any accents you dislike?

I do yes

"It's not something I ask for - usually by the time I've got round to suggesting meeting a lot (and I mean a lot) of messages have passed back and forth and I have a 99.99999% certainty that the person is genuine and likely to turn up.

I actually quite like the surprise element of finding out what someone sounds like when we first meet too.

You don't have any accents you dislike?"

Being forced to watch Love Island, Essex is one i shudder at - Dani, such a sweetie, but button it honey

Nope I never do

As someone previously said I chat alot on here before a social meet sussing someone out

Last time a guy asked me to call to prove I was genuine he was clearly tugging away during the conversation

Never again!

Yes, it can make the difference between fun, or a no show.

We don't as a rule when meeting single guys..We often get asked if meeting a couple..female to female chat..I can imagine it's worth chatting if you are a single guy meeting a female as there are so many fake accounts and weirdos on here

By *innerfrompinnerWoman  over a year ago

pinner

Sometimes but if it feels right i.just go with it...

Ha ha cmon I'd give you a laugh you sexy arse

I'm sure you would "

Hey you seem to have a great sense of humour..... Love it

I find a chat on the phone ahead of a social helps break the ice.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

You don't have any accents you dislike?"

Not that I dislike enough to make me not want to meet someone I've built a connection and chemistry with through messages - plus if I know where they're from originally I have a rough idea of their accent anyway

Nope. If my being veried by 40 people isn't enough to convince I'm an actual female, then I'll wish them well and find someone else who doesn't need a phone call.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

My preference would definitely be a phone conversation . If they are reluctant then I would invariably think they’re either fake or have bugger all to say for themselves. In which case I ain’t wasting time on someone if it’s like pulling teeth trying to converse

I wouldnt arrange a meet without a phone chat.... that is when personality can be assessed LOL.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Definitely. It filters out the potential ghosts.

Hey my names casper behave

We don't insist but we don't refuse it either if asked.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I have twice (reluctantly!) spoken on the phone before being invited into a couples home. I would not see the need to have a phone call before meeting in a public place or club.

The suggestion that someone's accent is so offputting you wouldn't want to meet them is bizarre. Akin to racism !

Instant face pic or video face cam on KIK, if you don't want your number given out to strangers.

I always have a quick chat before a meet....

Honestly if someone can’t take 5-10 minutes to chat with you on the phone?

How will the chat in person?

I find a phone chat to be a great filter....

Btw the first conversation isn’t about sex. It’s to establish boundaries

I don't chat on phone,what's app,Skype or anywhere else ...only on here never had problem

I actually quite like the surprise element of finding out what someone sounds like when we first meet too."

This.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I don't chat on phone before a meet,I'm verified so that's enough in my mind.

If someone pushed it,I'd change my mind about meeting.

I'm not hiding anything, just hate chatting on phone.

No I don't. I prefer the surprise of how they sound when I meet them.

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Private meets I do, unless it a club meet. Way too many fantasist's and timewasters on here, for me to invest my time and petrol on without confirmation.

Found it sorts out the real ones from ...

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I had a right going over from a newbie when I told them I couldn’t chat as I was at work ‘I knew you were a catfish’.

Yes, pal. The 100 and odd people that gave me a veri just all happened to he making it up...

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"No I don't. I prefer the surprise of how they sound when I meet them."

I like to surprise them that I sound like Keith Lemon in a tiny little body lol

If someone wants a phone call then thats cool not bothered either way done it a few times had no problems either way so far the fakes usually disappear before a meet is arranged

"No I don't. I prefer the surprise of how they sound when I meet them.

I like to surprise them that I sound like Keith Lemon in a tiny little body lol"

I've heard some things about you lady, not once was Keith Lemon mentioned though.

No we don’t do phone verifications for anyone. Feels uncomfortable taking a call from someone you know and another opportunity for something to go wrong; eg don’t like sound of voice.

Our veris prove we’re genuine. We had a couple recently insist we speak to them on the phone but we wouldn’t do didn’t meet them. If they don’t believe we’re a couple then tough.

Pretty much this "

Yup me too

"No we don’t do phone verifications for anyone. Feels uncomfortable taking a call from someone you know and another opportunity for something to go wrong; eg don’t like sound of voice.

Our veris prove we’re genuine. We had a couple recently insist we speak to them on the phone but we wouldn’t do didn’t meet them. If they don’t believe we’re a couple then tough. "

So if you met them and hated the sound of their voice... would you still play?

"No we don’t do phone verifications for anyone. Feels uncomfortable taking a call from someone you know and another opportunity for something to go wrong; eg don’t like sound of voice.

Our veris prove we’re genuine. We had a couple recently insist we speak to them on the phone but we wouldn’t do didn’t meet them. If they don’t believe we’re a couple then tough. "

so agree!! I had a meet arranged for tonight but he wouldnt meet unless i spoke on the phone. I dont have to prove myself to anyone

Never do phone chats before, never felt the need xx

"I have twice (reluctantly!) spoken on the phone before being invited into a couples home. I would not see the need to have a phone call before meeting in a public place or club.

The suggestion that someone's accent is so offputting you wouldn't want to meet them is bizarre. Akin to racism !"

I'm heightist, voicist and probably other ists, but oddly enough not racist

"I have twice (reluctantly!) spoken on the phone before being invited into a couples home. I would not see the need to have a phone call before meeting in a public place or club.

The suggestion that someone's accent is so offputting you wouldn't want to meet them is bizarre. Akin to racism !

I'm heightist, voicist and probably other ists, but oddly enough not racist

"

God knows why disliking an accent is bizarre, it's merely the opposite of falling in love with an accent. That Scottish guy on Highlander, phwoar, my knickers want to fall straight down

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Nope, not for me. I don’t like the idea of giving my digits out so I stick to kik.

By *isa 59Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle

No I don't.

If you're not satisfied that I'm genuine after chatting with me on here then why are you even thinking about meeting me?

Our veris prove we’re genuine. We had a couple recently insist we speak to them on the phone but we wouldn’t do didn’t meet them. If they don’t believe we’re a couple then tough.

"

It’s never happened that we’ve not liked someone’s voice because when you meet in the flesh there are so many attributes other than voice to take in. We just think on a call you’d be concentrating on voice, for example, more.

Plus as other have said they now have you’re telephone number which we don’t like before knowing the person.

It’s never happened that we’ve not liked someone’s voice because when you meet in the flesh there are so many attributes other than voice to take in. We just think on a call you’d be concentrating on voice, for example, more.

Plus as other have said they now have you’re telephone number which we don’t like before knowing the person. "

Depends if you're the types that are just about one off meets as most couples are then the phone call which gauges personality isn't so important but for me who's interested in friendship as well as social and sex it's extremely important also the willingness to share number shows a commitment to a meet as well

By *ilkchocolate87Man  over a year ago

sw london

I do. Genuine meets tend to oblige

Plus as other have said they now have you’re telephone number which we don’t like before knowing the person. Depends if you're the types that are just about one off meets as most couples are then the phone call which gauges personality isn't so important but for me who's interested in friendship as well as social and sex it's extremely important also the willingness to share number shows a commitment to a meet as well "

We use Kik to communicate so people do get that level of interaction. We’ve never met the person so don’t want to give something as personal as a phone number. To be honest if they need a phone chat before a meet then they’ll never meet us. It’s that simple.

Plus as other have said they now have you’re telephone number which we don’t like before knowing the person. Depends if you're the types that are just about one off meets as most couples are then the phone call which gauges personality isn't so important but for me who's interested in friendship as well as social and sex it's extremely important also the willingness to share number shows a commitment to a meet as well

We use Kik to communicate so people do get that level of interaction. We’ve never met the person so don’t want to give something as personal as a phone number. To be honest if they need a phone chat before a meet then they’ll never meet us. It’s that simple. "

Well you're a couple as I said you're not concerned so much about personality although chatting on kick for a while isn't a bad medium, we're all different but as I said if they are willing to share number it shows a commitment to meeting OK a small commitment but it's a trust thing, I generally message for a while before I meet anyway

By *amesB66Man  over a year ago

St Peter Port

If was travelling any sort of distance for a meet ( social or otherwise ) I'd feel more confortable having had a quick chat first.

Local social meets, probably not.

It's whatever makes you feel most comfortable

No not me...

And if people insist on chatting with me first before they will meet me after weeks of chatting on here and maybe kik, then i probably wouldn't meet them anyway...

I mean i could be talking to anyone

"So who insists on phone chat before meet. So just had a meet cancelled. All arranged after a few chats over a few weeks. All keen...then asked to chat before meet...one of my rules...then puff...vanished like the dragon. Anyone else insist on phone before meet.

No not me...

And if people insist on chatting with me first before they will meet me after weeks of chatting on here and maybe kik, then i probably wouldn't meet them anyway...

I mean i could be talking to anyone "

Ha hey and texting gives you a better insight?

By *ustme6 OP   Man  over a year ago

tamworth

"Nope, not for me. I don’t like the idea of giving my digits out so I stick to kik."

And some people refuse to chat via kik..mmmm

By *ilk_TrayMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Some people aren’t comfortable talking on the phone unfortunately.

I usually check the verification history of potential playmates and the people that have met. Kik and WhatsApp is another option.

I’m not comfortable talking on the phone (to anyone, let alone someone I meet through Fab). I think people should know I’m not fake as I’m verified so on the odd occasion I’ve been asked, I’ve said no. However the meet has always still gone ahead. I only meet people who are well verified so can’t see any advantage of talking on the phone before a social meet

By *ascalsCouple  over a year ago

East Dereham & France

I've not thought about it that way before. Yes you're verified but its always nice to hear someone's voice and get a feel of that person on the phone. Everyone has their own way of planning a meet, what ever works for you is your choice. Have fun, always.xx

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Yes always not a long chat though.

» Add a new message to this topic