FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Arranging a meet then blocked

Arranging a meet then blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all i had arranged to meet someone on Saturday for some fun when we started chatting all seemed good she was going to get q baby sitter and so on i wake up today to find that she has blocked me im absolutely confused as ro why not looking for a reason im just venting my confusion

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

That's the wonderful world of fab

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

No reason other than they can.

Lucky escape there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably changed her mind. She could’ve told you, but hey ho. Onto the next one!

By *ertsguy2000Man  over a year ago

hertford

So in any walk of life that’s just rude and ignorant, but over and over again you’ll hear the fab mafia make excuses for it

“It’s my right”

In a word or two “fu£k em”

Unfortunately it won’t be the last time it happens to you!!!

HG

"So in any walk of life that’s just rude and ignorant, but over and over again you’ll hear the fab mafia make excuses for it

“It’s my right”

In a word or two “fu£k em”

Unfortunately it won’t be the last time it happens to you!!!

HG"

"Fab mafia" lol -love it

Can imagine there is a lot of “ghosting” going on,luckily enough I haven’t came across it yet and been very lucky x

Was just confusing is all im not mad about it at all its upto her what she does she would have been only my second meet on fab and i genuinely thought we had connected over are chats grrrr sorry to rant people i know u must see this tons but it's the first time it's happened to me

It's rude

Its wrong

Two sides to every meet going wrong.

The muting of guys or gals is needed because not everyone is going to be yours or my cup of tea. If everyone here was civil and polite. If only...

Its time to move on. Let downs are uncalled for but fabswingers it's freedom of choice.

So don't worry about it just think better joys are round the corner Op

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A block is defined as having no further interests, for whatever reasons.

It's tough if someone is feeling 100% sure that all is perfect but many people have complicated lives and minds. They may have regrets, get caught out, have other demands that encroach etc. Or just realise that they want something different for their life.

As with all no strings interaction, it's wise to pursue multiple lines of interest and expect just a few will have a meet as a result - and forget all of those where it ends. It's the nature of the beast.

Yeah i can understand that it's her choice for whatever reason i was just abit miffed by it all its not like i have loads of offers ive only met 1 person on here and we've turned into fwb so it's not a loss for anyone i guess

"Hi all i had arranged to meet someone on Saturday for some fun when we started chatting all seemed good she was going to get q baby sitter and so on i wake up today to find that she has blocked me im absolutely confused as ro why not looking for a reason im just venting my confusion "

Welcome to fabbesters whims . com lol

"Hi all i had arranged to meet someone on Saturday for some fun when we started chatting all seemed good she was going to get q baby sitter and so on i wake up today to find that she has blocked me im absolutely confused as ro why not looking for a reason im just venting my confusion

Welcome to fabbesters whims . com lol "

Not following here?

its a bloke

By *layfulserfMan  over a year ago

Northolt

"Hi all i had arranged to meet someone on Saturday for some fun when we started chatting all seemed good she was going to get q baby sitter and so on i wake up today to find that she has blocked me im absolutely confused as ro why not looking for a reason im just venting my confusion "

I think HE had taken it as far as he could.

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Seems to be a lot of this lately

"Hi all i had arranged to meet someone on Saturday for some fun when we started chatting all seemed good she was going to get q baby sitter and so on i wake up today to find that she has blocked me im absolutely confused as ro why not looking for a reason im just venting my confusion

I think HE had taken it as far as he could."

was definitely a she dude

I think HE had taken it as far as he could. was definitely a she dude "

How do you know? You didn’t meet him?

I think HE had taken it as far as he could. was definitely a she dude

How do you know? You didn’t meet him?"

Well i guess u have a point there lol from the pics she/he sent looked definitely like a woman

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Happens to most of us. When it happens to us with couples though we assume that we’ve been conversing with one half of the couple and then the other half has interjected resulting in an instant block instead of a “sorry but the other half isn’t keen”. Lucky escape for you really though, we’ve turned up for a meet, been stood up and then blocked when we asked where they were!

I think three strikes and you should be out.

I am not sure if admin could take this on board if people report just a thought.

"I think three strikes and you should be out.

I am not sure if admin could take this on board if people report just a thought. "

But what actually evidence have you got that OP actually had a meet and was stood up? Just his word....... I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but we could happily say you or OP stood us up to.

You see the problem?

I am not sure if admin could take this on board if people report just a thought.

But what actually evidence have you got that OP actually had a meet and was stood up? Just his word....... I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but we could happily say you or OP stood us up to.

You see the problem?"

You have a strong point there i dont think a three strikes rule would help tbh because there could be valid reasons as to why i was blocked

"A block is defined as having no further interests, for whatever reasons.

It's tough if someone is feeling 100% sure that all is perfect but many people have complicated lives and minds. They may have regrets, get caught out, have other demands that encroach etc. Or just realise that they want something different for their life.

As with all no strings interaction, it's wise to pursue multiple lines of interest and expect just a few will have a meet as a result - and forget all of those where it ends. It's the nature of the beast. "

Totally agree with this. It's obvious someone who blocks has changed their mind. It's not personal. Forget and move on.

And to think more about it she might have not blocked me at all she could have been banned or even disabled her account for unknown reasons im just jumping to a conclusion i could be totally wrong with it who knows maybe she'll appear again and explain what happened

"And to think more about it she might have not blocked me at all she could have been banned or even disabled her account for unknown reasons im just jumping to a conclusion i could be totally wrong with it who knows maybe she'll appear again and explain what happened "

You could spend ages wondering, but it's really not worth your time. Forget about her.

"And to think more about it she might have not blocked me at all she could have been banned or even disabled her account for unknown reasons im just jumping to a conclusion i could be totally wrong with it who knows maybe she'll appear again and explain what happened

You could spend ages wondering, but it's really not worth your time. Forget about her."

Yeah i guess you're right lol forget and move on

It's not a new thing.

Everyone here must have experienced it.

Most of fab members are rude and don't bother to reply in a mannered way.

The best way was to inform you but what I can assume at same time many conversations are in progress.

Once meet set with other, block first one.

It's the way how fab works....be ready for next block.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

"And to think more about it she might have not blocked me at all she could have been banned or even disabled her account for unknown reasons im just jumping to a conclusion i could be totally wrong with it who knows maybe she'll appear again and explain what happened "

You can find out by clicking on “send message”, see if it says user has blocked you

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

All sorts of things can put folk off at any time. We got chatting with a couple, then out of the blue, a cock picture was sent. That always puts us off. Wouldn't block though. Probably would still go have a drink if chat had been going OK, would be on the premise we not going to play and would bring up the question why the picture. Cock pictures for us is a big turn off

It always seems so brutal a block but hey it’s the nature of the beast at least you have had a meet probably had a lucky escape onwards and upwards

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"It always seems so brutal a block but hey it’s the nature of the beast at least you have had a meet probably had a lucky escape onwards and upwards "

The very first couple to block us. We had been chatting, ready to arrange a meet, sent face pics, blocked. It was a bit upsetting thinking they didn't like the look of us. We knew we'd get to the bottom of it as they did have folk we knew on their verifications. Some months later we bumped into one of Mrs F's work colleagues at Newcastle Social, yes you guessed it, we got to the bottom of it

By *teveukkentMan  over a year ago

Local

Rebellious1 , so why do you comment on this forum , when your the prime example of some one who blokes people for no reason .

"Rebellious1 , so why do you comment on this forum , when your the prime example of some one who blokes people for no reason . "

People are allowed to block as they please.

If they’re not interested in you it’s a good way to “clean up” and keep their searches to people they are interested.

Also if she has blocked you, you’re not supposed to use the forum to contact her.

"Rebellious1 , so why do you comment on this forum , when your the prime example of some one who blokes people for no reason .

If they’re not interested in you it’s a good way to “clean up” and keep their searches to people they are interested.

Also if she has blocked you, you’re not supposed to use the forum to contact her. "

Im not trying to contact her on the forums though i was just simply venting my confusion

"Rebellious1 , so why do you comment on this forum , when your the prime example of some one who blokes people for no reason .

Also if she has blocked you, you’re not supposed to use the forum to contact her.

Im not trying to contact her on the forums though i was just simply venting my confusion "

That post wasn’t meant for you hence why I quoted someone else.

Im not trying to contact her on the forums though i was just simply venting my confusion

That post wasn’t meant for you hence why I quoted someone else. "

oh my mistake chantell i do apologise

Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

It seems a bit harsh to block without explanation, if that is what happened, but at least it's a couple of days beforehand rather than when you're on your way to the meet. You just don't know what is going on in real life so chalk it up to experience and move on.

It's not just females that do this. I had planned a meet with a guy about a month ago. We had been mailing. He asked me to send him a sneak peak at what I was wearing so I did. I text to say just leaving and he text back can't wait. Drive for 40 minutes. Sit for an hour. Mailed and got nothing back. By the time I drove home he had me blocked.

"It's not just females that do this. I had planned a meet with a guy about a month ago. We had been mailing. He asked me to send him a sneak peak at what I was wearing so I did. I text to say just leaving and he text back can't wait. Drive for 40 minutes. Sit for an hour. Mailed and got nothing back. By the time I drove home he had me blocked."

Jees the guy must of been an idiot to pass on you

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

"Rebellious1 , so why do you comment on this forum , when your the prime example of some one who blokes people for no reason . "

I bet she has a reason, even if it's not obvious to you. Proximity/interests/attitude in statuses or forum posts/type of pictures in gallery, all sorts of things will cause people to block. Rather than a slight people should maybe see it as saving them wasting their time on someone with no interest in them.

"It always seems so brutal a block but hey it’s the nature of the beast at least you have had a meet probably had a lucky escape onwards and upwards

The very first couple to block us. We had been chatting, ready to arrange a meet, sent face pics, blocked. It was a bit upsetting thinking they didn't like the look of us. We knew we'd get to the bottom of it as they did have folk we knew on their verifications. Some months later we bumped into one of Mrs F's work colleagues at Newcastle Social, yes you guessed it, we got to the bottom of it "

Err awkward lol

By *ast_And_CuriousMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"It's not just females that do this. I had planned a meet with a guy about a month ago. We had been mailing. He asked me to send him a sneak peak at what I was wearing so I did. I text to say just leaving and he text back can't wait. Drive for 40 minutes. Sit for an hour. Mailed and got nothing back. By the time I drove home he had me blocked.

Jees the guy must of been an idiot to pass on you "

Yep, mega idiot/weirdo. His loss eh!

"It's not just females that do this. I had planned a meet with a guy about a month ago. We had been mailing. He asked me to send him a sneak peak at what I was wearing so I did. I text to say just leaving and he text back can't wait. Drive for 40 minutes. Sit for an hour. Mailed and got nothing back. By the time I drove home he had me blocked.

Jees the guy must of been an idiot to pass on you

Yep, mega idiot/weirdo. His loss eh! "

Was his loss

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

It happens, she not worth a second more of your time or thought, move on.

Cheers dude

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle"

Haha it’s a regular occurrence, it’s fine!

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

Haha it’s a regular occurrence, it’s fine! "

May i say you look fabulous in your pics

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

May i say you look fabulous in your pics "

Aw thank you!

xx

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

Aw thank you!

xx"

and im sure you'll find your hugh jackman soon hun

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

Aw thank you!

xx and im sure you'll find your hugh jackman soon hun "

Hahaha! Fingers crossed! X

"Sorry misspelt ur

Name chanelle

Aw thank you!

xx and im sure you'll find your hugh jackman soon hun

Hahaha! Fingers crossed! X"

Mine too lol

Unfortunately happens a lot, very little respect on fabs but you genuinely had a lucky escape could well have been a fake profile too

it was probably a bloke pretending to be a woman lol .

You see the problem?"

The three strikes and you're out proposal would seem to have to have some kind of admin review.

The OP presumably has a paper trail in the form of messages with the 'accused' arranging the meet.

You saying that you had been stood up by the OP wouldn't have any documented proof that a meet was arranged.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed.

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

Fab life for you. Recently I was invited to meet a woman and a guy locally to me but was then blocked just after I arrived in thier Street

Could of been worse.... We got blocked after showing a face pic! good job I'm not easily offended!

Jenny x

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Looks like I was right, got ghosted by somene I was due to meet tomorrow.

Oh well, their loss.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Manchester (till 10th Jun)

Its Fab it happens, who knows the reason. Could be a fake profile or she just got cold feet and didn't have the guts to tell you. Either way nothing you can do, put it down to experience and move on.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

This as happened a lot to me but just get on with it.it would be nice if they just sed no from start instead of ping pong messages then block

By *khot1Couple  over a year ago

somewhere over the rainbow

"It always seems so brutal a block but hey it’s the nature of the beast at least you have had a meet probably had a lucky escape onwards and upwards

The very first couple to block us. We had been chatting, ready to arrange a meet, sent face pics, blocked. It was a bit upsetting thinking they didn't like the look of us. We knew we'd get to the bottom of it as they did have folk we knew on their verifications. Some months later we bumped into one of Mrs F's work colleagues at Newcastle Social, yes you guessed it, we got to the bottom of it "

That's just down right creepy

Hello. This is no offence to anyone on this thread and may not be of any relevance but for those reading who may have had similar issues:

a) we don’t know the nature of the OP’s communications, he may have hit a red flag, which are entirely subjective, she may not have realised any need for explanation

b) we don’t know what’s going on in her life. Yes, it may be rude but it may be that a close family member has gone into hospital, she herself has been assaulted (I’m drawing on recent experiences in my friendship group) or she may just be overwhelmed as can happen with single women on here.

By *ilfbonaMan  over a year ago

birmingham

It happens!! I've had women (or so called women) send friend requests after chatting a while. They perve on your pictures..commenting that they like what they see..the next day they'd blocked you!! A bit of honesty is appreciated if you're not their type. Or are these picture hunters??

"Hello. This is no offence to anyone on this thread and may not be of any relevance but for those reading who may have had similar issues:

a) we don’t know the nature of the OP’s communications, he may have hit a red flag, which are entirely subjective, she may not have realised any need for explanation

b) we don’t know what’s going on in her life. Yes, it may be rude but it may be that a close family member has gone into hospital, she herself has been assaulted (I’m drawing on recent experiences in my friendship group) or she may just be overwhelmed as can happen with single women on here. "

she was part of a couple and yes events did happen that may have influenced us arranging a meet i totally understand if for her own personal reasons might have changed her mind but from my point of view our conversation was pleasant no one had said anything to cause offence and i dont see why blocking me was necessary instead all she would have had to do was say she had a change of circumstances no explanation was needed id of been happy being told it was a no go forget and go on as they say

"she was part of a couple and yes events did happen that may have influenced us arranging a meet i totally understand if for her own personal reasons might have changed her mind but from my point of view our conversation was pleasant no one had said anything to cause offence and i dont see why blocking me was necessary instead all she would have had to do was say she had a change of circumstances no explanation was needed id of been happy being told it was a no go forget and go on as they say "

Sounds like you do have an idea of what went wrong then. Yes it does appear rude but not everyone views blocking in the same way. Whatever happened, it’s not worth your energy to worry, onwards and upward

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Hello. This is no offence to anyone on this thread and may not be of any relevance but for those reading who may have had similar issues:

b) we don’t know what’s going on in her life. Yes, it may be rude but it may be that a close family member has gone into hospital, she herself has been assaulted (I’m drawing on recent experiences in my friendship group) or she may just be overwhelmed as can happen with single women on here. she was part of a couple and yes events did happen that may have influenced us arranging a meet i totally understand if for her own personal reasons might have changed her mind but from my point of view our conversation was pleasant no one had said anything to cause offence and i dont see why blocking me was necessary instead all she would have had to do was say she had a change of circumstances no explanation was needed id of been happy being told it was a no go forget and go on as they say "

OP best thing to do is move on and stop getting hung up on her. I’ve had the same with men and couples just blocking me for no reason. It’s annoying but dust yourself down and move on. There are some nice people on Fab if you look for them

Why on earth can't they have the balls to send a quick message to say 'sorry, changed my mind/don't fancy it anymore'

These people need called out.

Heard horror stories of people driving long distances etc.

Is there a way that they could be shown up without it being open to abuse ?

A simple apologie for there change of mind that's all i would have wanted guys do have genuine feelings and me being me am quiet soft centered and getting blocked does have a negative affect on me and others too i try to avoid blocking people because of how id personally feel

Your just bragging about being let down oh lucky you poor old me get to brag about not getting anyone interested I a meet and being “ your not my type “ to every single female and couple on the site I bet your well jealous !!

I’m sorry this happened to you, that’s rubbish and totally get why you are venting.

As much it is totally someone’s right to block someone, it’s still a head fuck if it happens without explanation when you thought there was a connection room and had planned to meet.

I think people do it for an easier life that having to deal with the awkward conversation and the risk of abuse.

xxx

"Your just bragging about being let down oh lucky you poor old me get to brag about not getting anyone interested I a meet and being “ your not my type “ to every single female and couple on the site I bet your well jealous !! "

Pardon that's not what im doing at all and tbh find that to be uncalled for please take your anger elsewhere

People agree to all sorts when they're pissed or horny, or pissed and horny, then in the cold light of day they have second thoughts.

In an ideal world they'd have the balls to say so, but the world isn't ideal and it's a lot easier to block you then get pissed again and do the same to someone else.

Did you at any point talk to her on the phone?

If not it was probably a guy......

"I’m sorry this happened to you, that’s rubbish and totally get why you are venting.

As much it is totally someone’s right to block someone, it’s still a head fuck if it happens without explanation when you thought there was a connection room and had planned to meet.

I think people do it for an easier life that having to deal with the awkward conversation and the risk of abuse.

xxx"

And i do really understand how hard it must be for a woman on fab getting tons of the same messages day in day out i would probably feel the same if i was in there shoes i just didn't see the need to block is all

» Add a new message to this topic