FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Messages Disappearing

Messages Disappearing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hmygosh71 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Naughty Yorkshire

Hi there. I hid my profile for a short time for personal reasons and during that time , I noticed my unread messages in my inbox disappearing? I’ve gone signed in today to renew my membership and activate my account again to find the have ALL gone??! Can anyone shed any light on why this has happened?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

If the sender of the messages leaves the site the messages will disappear aswell,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Messages can also just disappear after a while

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

How long you been gone op. Unopened messages stay for 4 weeks so as the 4 weeks comes up they will drop. Then after 4 weeks they will all be gone

By *hmygosh71 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Naughty Yorkshire

Ah there is my answer then. Does that happen regardless or just when you hid your profile? x

"Ah there is my answer then. Does that happen regardless or just when you hid your profile? x"

It's purely down to time, being hidden has no effect on it.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Why can we no longer see all of the conversation? Used to be able to scroll back through to the beginning but can only go back to today on the same conversation? Not just us the person we are chatting to is the same

The Site's Servers are periodically swept clean of unopened/unread and older read messages - it's techy housekeeping.

Site Supporters can save a message, there's a wee button to do that, when you open a message.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Why can we no longer see all of the conversation? Used to be able to scroll back through to the beginning but can only go back to today on the same conversation? Not just us the person we are chatting to is the same "

Only so many messages in a conversation thread are kept - not sure of the exact number but think it's around 30 - so say you swapped 10 messages with someone over a 3 week period, all of those messages would be visible, but say you then had a single day where you exchanged 40 messages with that person, the original 10 would drop off the bottom, as would any subsequent messages that took you over the limit.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Why can we no longer see all of the conversation? Used to be able to scroll back through to the beginning but can only go back to today on the same conversation? Not just us the person we are chatting to is the same

Only so many messages in a conversation thread are kept - not sure of the exact number but think it's around 30 - so say you swapped 10 messages with someone over a 3 week period, all of those messages would be visible, but say you then had a single day where you exchanged 40 messages with that person, the original 10 would drop off the bottom, as would any subsequent messages that took you over the limit."

Why’s that happened? Used to be able to go back much more than that, I’ve had 100+ showing in a conversation trail in the past, gutted I wanted to see the start of the messaging on one

"Why can we no longer see all of the conversation? Used to be able to scroll back through to the beginning but can only go back to today on the same conversation? Not just us the person we are chatting to is the same

Only so many messages in a conversation thread are kept - not sure of the exact number but think it's around 30 - so say you swapped 10 messages with someone over a 3 week period, all of those messages would be visible, but say you then had a single day where you exchanged 40 messages with that person, the original 10 would drop off the bottom, as would any subsequent messages that took you over the limit.

Why’s that happened? Used to be able to go back much more than that, I’ve had 100+ showing in a conversation trail in the past, gutted I wanted to see the start of the messaging on one "

Is the way it's always been - my estimate may be a little off though - either way it's to cut down on the load on the servers.

If you really want to keep a whole message string you could copy/paste to either a note on the person's profile or a Word document or similar

@Gemini man

I always assumed notes had to be quite brief. Do you know how long they can be?

"@Gemini man

I always assumed notes had to be quite brief. Do you know how long they can be?"

I don't know to be honest - the file I have on yours is quite lengthy though

Joking aside I've heard others say they paste messages into them so would imagine there's a fair amount of space - if they're limited, my other suggestion would work

"@Gemini man

Joking aside I've heard others say they paste messages into them so would imagine there's a fair amount of space - if they're limited, my other suggestion would work "

Where do you find the notes.

I've seen it mentioned several tomes but never found it.

"@Gemini man

Joking aside I've heard others say they paste messages into them so would imagine there's a fair amount of space - if they're limited, my other suggestion would work

Where do you find the notes.

I've seen it mentioned several tomes but never found it. "

Scrap that. Found it.

» Add a new message to this topic