FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Racism on here..

Racism on here..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *jbudda OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I know it's an uncomfortable topic but lately have been facing a lot of racism on here...anyone else going through this or is it just me?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sorry to hear that.In what way? If anyone is abusive in any way then report to admin.

By *indurFunkyBusinessWoman  over a year ago

East Anglia

No definitely not just you!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I know it's an uncomfortable topic but lately have been facing a lot of racism on here...anyone else going through this or is it just me? "

nope....... no one is obligated to play or interact with anyone they don't want to...

its not equal ops... people are hear for their pleasures,

their bodies, their rules........

i hate it when people just throw out the words ageism, sexism, racism and just to see what actually sticks....

Aberdeen

"Sorry to hear that.In what way? If anyone is abusive in any way then report to admin."

Well it's not the abuse but just people's profiles, their replies and the moment they find that I'm a mixed race guy...maybe one third of the profiles on here have a race preference mentioned on them...it's not completely open and not completely hidden as well...don't know if that makes sense.

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

OP in what way are people being racist? If you are on the receiving end of insults and abuse because of your race/ethnicity that is absolutely out of order and you should report them.

If it is a case of people saying they won't meet because they only fancy white men as an example then that's not really considered so much to be racist. People are allowed to fancy certain people more than others and having racial preferences is no different to having preferences on weight/height etc.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"I know it's an uncomfortable topic but lately have been facing a lot of racism on here...anyone else going through this or is it just me? "

Let me guess, ladies are turning you down because of your ethnic background.

By *ornyhornytwoCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

If someone is calling you a racist name or saying racist names in there profiles. Report them.

If someone is saying that won't meet asain/black/white people than that's a choice or preference and that isn't your target audience anyway so move on x

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Sorry to hear that.In what way? If anyone is abusive in any way then report to admin.

Well it's not the abuse but just people's profiles, their replies and the moment they find that I'm a mixed race guy...maybe one third of the profiles on here have a race preference mentioned on them...it's not completely open and not completely hidden as well...don't know if that makes sense. "

If it's a "preference" that's somewhat different from "racism"

If people are being abusive because of your skin colour then report them and keep any messages that prove it.

If people are simply saying they have a preference for a particular type of person then accept you're not for them and move on

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've reported a few accounts this week for blatant racism, not the preference stuff either

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"If someone is calling you a racist name or saying racist names in there profiles. Report them.

If someone is saying that won't meet asain/black/white people than that's a choice or preference and that isn't your target audience anyway so move on x"

Excellent advice xxxxxxxxx

Aberdeen

"I know it's an uncomfortable topic but lately have been facing a lot of racism on here...anyone else going through this or is it just me?

Let me guess, ladies are turning you down because of your ethnic background. "

It's not the refusal...and I understand people's preferences, they have every right to have them...and believe me I have no problems with racist people as well, they can believe and so as they wish...the strange part is all the political correctness that hides this kind of racisim

Under the Duvet

"Sorry to hear that.In what way? If anyone is abusive in any way then report to admin.

Well it's not the abuse but just people's profiles, their replies and the moment they find that I'm a mixed race guy...maybe one third of the profiles on here have a race preference mentioned on them...it's not completely open and not completely hidden as well...don't know if that makes sense. "

That isn't racism, that's personal choice. Some people fancy BBW, some people don't, some people like blondes, some people don't, some people want to play with Asian guys, some people dont.The list goes on.

Fab is about people indulging their fantasies.

I tick some people's boxes, but not everyone's. I don't lose sleep over it.

At least the racists are identifying themselves. Always useful.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I know it's an uncomfortable topic but lately have been facing a lot of racism on here...anyone else going through this or is it just me?

It's not the refusal...and I understand people's preferences, they have every right to have them...and believe me I have no problems with racist people as well, they can believe and so as they wish...the strange part is all the political correctness that hides this kind of racisim"

i'm sorry....that sounds like the excuse you are using if people decide they don't want to play with you......

"nothing to do with me in the slightest... it must be racism covered in political correctness!"

I mean how dare people not find me instantly desirable!!!

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

Hm... Mixed-race guys are actually within my preference. Also racist?

Bradford

Agreed. Some people just like the look of a black guy... They only attend black guy events at clubs. Does that make them racist if there white? Absolutely not. They just love themselves some black guys...

Black. Asain and white people all have different looks. Different features... Even an accent can turn someone on. That's nothing to do with skin colour it's just what someone finds attractive and you can't change that... It's not racism if you don't fancy someone because they look Arabian, your not being nasty or racist by saying you don't find them attractive.

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

Shouldn’t put no blacks no mixed race no Asian it is racism

If you don’t want to meet that’s ok, sure it’s a preference and you just ignore the message no need to put that on your profile

By *indurFunkyBusinessWoman  over a year ago

East Anglia

Unfortunately in any arena you do get racism. I have received messages from guys I've never spoken to before, spouting abuse about black women and how 'we' behave...

Personal preference is an entirely different issue.

Bradford

"Shouldn’t put no blacks no mixed race no Asian it is racism

If you don’t want to meet that’s ok, sure it’s a preference and you just ignore the message no need to put that on your profile "

I've seen profiles that say black guys only. Or BBC only. Or asain guys only... I'm sure them people get messages claiming they are disgusting and racists too.... But it's not. It's your own bloody choice and you can't choose a filter and some people just don't find a white person attractive... So is it racism? No. We wouldn't be offended if a black couple didn't play with white couples.... And we would love to find a nice black couple!!! Xx

Nottingham

It's not the refusal...and I understand people's preferences, they have every right to have them...and believe me I have no problems with racist people as well, they can believe and so as they wish...the strange part is all the political correctness that hides this kind of racisim"

OP it has nothing at all to do with political correctness.

In reality I could be seen as being politically correct because I don't state any racial or ethnic preferences on my profile. The fact is I am far more likely to be attracted to a Caucasian man than any other ethnicity. That doesn't mean I won't be attracted to men of other races so I refuse to exclude them by putting it on my profile but I am unlikely to meet them.

When people do state their preferences on their profile for the majority of them they are trying to stop you wasting your time contacting them - they are actually doing you a favour!

I love how people tie themselves in knots with this one.

If you won’t meet someone solely because of their race, then that’s the very definition of racism.

It also slightly bemuses me that someone can rule out an entire race, based on nothing more than skin colour.

Call it preference all you like. It’s racism. The question is, is some racism acceptable?

Aberdeen

It's not the refusal...and I understand people's preferences, they have every right to have them...and believe me I have no problems with racist people as well, they can believe and so as they wish...the strange part is all the political correctness that hides this kind of racisim

i'm sorry....that sounds like the excuse you are using if people decide they don't want to play with you......

"nothing to do with me in the slightest... it must be racism covered in political correctness!"

I mean how dare people not find me instantly desirable!!! "

Just to be clear, I am neither offended by people's preferences, nor their daring 'of finding me undesirable' and neither am I blanketing all people under a general 'preference' of skin color and calling them racist.

This the question I asked is out of genuine curiosity and reflection, after being on this site for a long time, and not out of rejection, spite or notions of desireability. Just to correct you on that front.

Bradford

"I love how people tie themselves in knots with this one.

If you won’t meet someone solely because of their race, then that’s the very definition of racism.

It also slightly bemuses me that someone can rule out an entire race, based on nothing more than skin colour.

Call it preference all you like. It’s racism. The question is, is some racism acceptable?"

So. If a white woman. With a white family. White kids and white husband only wants to meet black guys on here. Is she racist?

by the sea

If you don’t want to meet that’s ok, sure it’s a preference and you just ignore the message no need to put that on your profile

I've seen profiles that say black guys only. Or BBC only. Or asain guys only... I'm sure them people get messages claiming they are disgusting and racists too.... But it's not. It's your own bloody choice and you can't choose a filter and some people just don't find a white person attractive... So is it racism? No. We wouldn't be offended if a black couple didn't play with white couples.... And we would love to find a nice black couple!!! Xx"

Saying you are looking for a type is very different from totally excluding people from different races

That’s not racist.

I thought you mean you were receiving abuse for the colour of your skin in messages, that would be racist.

Bradford

I've seen profiles that say black guys only. Or BBC only. Or asain guys only... I'm sure them people get messages claiming they are disgusting and racists too.... But it's not. It's your own bloody choice and you can't choose a filter and some people just don't find a white person attractive... So is it racism? No. We wouldn't be offended if a black couple didn't play with white couples.... And we would love to find a nice black couple!!! Xx

Saying you are looking for a type is very different from totally excluding people from different races "

No. Because if a white woman on here with her white husband's permission and she had white kids and all her family was white only wanted to meet black guys. She is excluding every other race. That isn't racism. That's preference.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Call it preference all you like. It’s racism. The question is, is some racism acceptable?"

If you didn't find someone attractive, would you have sex with them just so you didn't offend them or someone else?

It’s not racism though.

If you treat that said person exactly how you’d treat any other person of a different race, how is it racism?

If you treat those of another race differently to those of your own race, and deem them inferior then yes it’s racist.

I’m a black female who has dated mostly white males, I don’t think I’ve ever been attracted to an East Asian for example. That doesn’t make me a racist.

Far too many are quick to bash people with the racist stick for having a sexual preference and then the word “racist” gets watered down.

Aberdeen

My point exactly...after reflecting on critical race theory a lot I think that this is the case...and I also believe that it's ok if people are more open what they desire and want.

Quite x

Bradford

All people stating racism here are ignoring the question.

If a white woman joins here who has a white husband and white kids and her husband is fine with it... If she says she only wants to fuck black guys is she racist because she only wants to fuck black guys? Because guess what. We know somebody exactly like that and she sure as hell isn't racist she just likes fucking black guys instead of her husband!

Call it preference all you like. It’s racism. The question is, is some racism acceptable?

If you didn't find someone attractive, would you have sex with them just so you didn't offend them or someone else? "

Also, is a black female who only wants a black male racist?

Is a white male who only wants a white female racist?

Why when people “stick to their own” does nobody bat an eyelid?

Discrimination it can be, racism it is not.

If you didn't find someone attractive, would you have sex with them just so you didn't offend them or someone else? "

If you don’t find someone attractive, you don’t find someone attractive. That’s entirely different from having the mindset of not finding a whole ethnicity unattractive.

"All people stating racism here are ignoring the question.

If a white woman joins here who has a white husband and white kids and her husband is fine with it... If she says she only wants to fuck black guys is she racist because she only wants to fuck black guys? Because guess what. We know somebody exactly like that and she sure as hell isn't racist she just likes fucking black guys instead of her husband!"

Fine. She likes fucking black men. Do t you find that kind of uncomfortable that’s she’s objectifying someone based solely on skin colour?

Bradford

If a white woman joins here who has a white husband and white kids and her husband is fine with it... If she says she only wants to fuck black guys is she racist because she only wants to fuck black guys? Because guess what. We know somebody exactly like that and she sure as hell isn't racist she just likes fucking black guys instead of her husband!"

Oh and will just state. This same woman has had abusive comments due to her choices.... it's a preference... It's not racism. There is no racism in her wanting to only fuck black guys instead of her husband. None at all.

If you didn't find someone attractive, would you have sex with them just so you didn't offend them or someone else?

"

Discrimination based solely on race is what exactly?

If a white woman joins here who has a white husband and white kids and her husband is fine with it... If she says she only wants to fuck black guys is she racist because she only wants to fuck black guys? Because guess what. We know somebody exactly like that and she sure as hell isn't racist she just likes fucking black guys instead of her husband!

Fine. She likes fucking black men. Do t you find that kind of uncomfortable that’s she’s objectifying someone based solely on skin colour? "

Is it anymore uncomfortable than objectifying someone based solely on their dress size, age, hair colour, eye colour, height?

People do that all the time, where is the equal outrage?

Bradford

No. I don't find it uncomfortable and having spoken to the black guys at Cupid's I'm damn well sure there not uncomfortable with it either... Are they objectified however is a different thing... Yes. They probably are desired just because of there skin colour. But that's a very different thing to being racist...

Fine. She likes fucking black men. Do t you find that kind of uncomfortable that’s she’s objectifying someone based solely on skin colour?

Is it anymore uncomfortable than objectifying someone based solely on their dress size, age, hair colour, eye colour, height?

People do that all the time, where is the equal outrage? "

Outrage. What outrage? Discrimination based on race has a specific name. So I ask again. Is some racism acceptable?

Dudley

Fine. She likes fucking black men. Do t you find that kind of uncomfortable that’s she’s objectifying someone based solely on skin colour? "

I'm fairly certain the guys she's fucking don't feel objectified.

You're getting offended for the sake of being offended. I'm fairly sure people don't need you fighting their battles for them.

Just to make it clear, I absolutely do not condone racism in any form so I'm not trying to defend racism. I just believe people are entitled to fuck who they want to without fear of being labelled as an ~ist of whatever kind people choose to throw at them.

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've reported a few accounts this week for blatant racism, not the preference stuff either"

Me too.

Yes OP I'd agree it's been more visible/prevalent recently.

Discrimination based solely on race is what exactly?"

Racial discrimination. Which is basically acknowledging the difference of one another.

Racism on the other hand is to deem another race inferior either to your own, or to another race.

By fancying a certain ethnicity, but not treating them any differently in any other situation, you aren’t being racist.

Sex is intimate, people like specific things, you cannot blanket label everyone who happens to have a preference for a certain race as racist.

No doubt there are racist people who won’t sleep with other races, they will look down on them & deem them inferior.

Dudley

Discrimination based solely on race is what exactly?

Racial discrimination. Which is basically acknowledging the difference of one another.

Racism on the other hand is to deem another race inferior either to your own, or to another race.

By fancying a certain ethnicity, but not treating them any differently in any other situation, you aren’t being racist.

Sex is intimate, people like specific things, you cannot blanket label everyone who happens to have a preference for a certain race as racist.

No doubt there are racist people who won’t sleep with other races, they will look down on them & deem them inferior.

"

Well said

Outrage. What outrage? Discrimination based on race has a specific name. So I ask again. Is some racism acceptable?"

Calling someone’s preference racism & asking if it’s acceptable is silly.

It puts people in a box & you label them wrong.

You can’t force people to fuck others in the name of political correctness that would be r*pe.

People fancy those of different races, size, age, height. It’s sex, not a job where a person is employed based on their ability & not the colour of their skin.

Nottingham

Outrage. What outrage? Discrimination based on race has a specific name. So I ask again. Is some racism acceptable?

You can’t force people to fuck others in the name of political correctness that would be r*pe.

People fancy those of different races, size, age, height. It’s sex, not a job where a person is employed based on their ability & not the colour of their skin.

"

Where do you draw the line if you are calling preferences racist?

Are those who have age preferences ageist? Or are those who choose not to meet single men sexist?

by the sea

"

Nobody is forcing anyone to have sex with anyone

We all have preferences but there is absolutly no need to put no blacks on your profile it’s a racist statement

"

All you’re trying to do is sanitise what it actually is, by calling it a different name.

Might you not think unc0nscious bias come into it?

Nobody is forcing anyone to have sex with anyone

We all have preferences but there is absolutly no need to put no blacks on your profile it’s a racist statement "

People can put what they like on their profiles.

“No blacks” is distasteful yes. “I am seeking black guys” is much better, still, it’s up to the profile owner.

Are those who have age preferences ageist? Or are those who choose not to meet single men sexist?"

That’s up to you where you draw the line and where you’re comfortable with. We all have bias. That’s life. All I’m saying is discrimination based solely on race is racism.

Call it a preference if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just don’t expect me to be complicit in the lie.

All you’re trying to do is sanitise what it actually is, by calling it a different name.

Might you not think unc0nscious bias come into it?"

There’s nothing to “sanitise”.

On the other hand you are calling a wide range of people racist for having a preference without knowing them.

I am seeking white men on here, so in your book I must be racist to my own race, right? Come on.

No unc0nscious bias at all.

Are those who have age preferences ageist? Or are those who choose not to meet single men sexist?

That’s up to you where you draw the line and where you’re comfortable with. We all have bias. That’s life. All I’m saying is discrimination based solely on race is racism.

Call it a preference if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just don’t expect me to be complicit in the lie. "

She asked a valid question, I don’t think you answered it.

Are men who choose not to meet single men sexist?

Are you ageist for having an age preference?

Might you not think unc0nscious bias come into it?

There’s nothing to “sanitise”.

On the other hand you are calling a wide range of people racist for having a preference without knowing them.

I am seeking white men on here, so in your book I must be racist to my own race, right? Come on.

No unc0nscious bias at all."

You found unc0nscious doesn’t go through the filter too!

I’m sure you and I have argued this out over PM a few times! We’ve still not convinced the other or changed our minds. I’m sure we’ll do it on another thread at some point soon!

Time for bed said Zebedee.....

Call it a preference if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just don’t expect me to be complicit in the lie.

Are you ageist for having an age preference?"

Sexist, no. Not homo or bisexual.

Ageist. Yes. Just correct wording. That’s all.

Bradford

There was no lie and nobody has discriminated anything. Discrimination means to treat something else different. That means any single filter you have chosen. Age range, weight, pubic hair. Hair colour, beards.... Anything. Therefore just because you don't want to meet a 80 year old ginger bearded transgender person because you don't find them attractive is just the same in your eyes. This isn't a job application. This is who you wish to play with and you have a choice. X

Are you ageist for having an age preference?

Sexist, no. Not homo or bisexual.

Ageist. Yes. Just correct wording. That’s all. "

Straight men not wanting to meet other men are homophobic then?

My point is, you cannot label people with something such as “racist” without knowing them or knowing their reason, if they have one.

Youve got veris. But no pics on display which would be an instant refusal from us as we like to see at least one pic. Nothing to say you are mixed in fact very little of Nything. Do you think thats the problem. I only meet black. If you contacted us it would be a delete as theres nothing of interest or saying what you are.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Well it's not the abuse but just people's profiles, their replies and the moment they find that I'm a mixed race guy...maybe one third of the profiles on here have a race preference mentioned on them...it's not completely open and not completely hidden as well...don't know if that makes sense.

Hm... Mixed-race guys are actually within my preference. Also racist?"

Yes, if the OP is anything to go by, it works both ways with all races, surely?

Aberdeen

Youve got veris. But no pics on display which would be an instant refusal from us as we like to see at least one pic. Nothing to say you are mixed in fact very little of Nything. Do you think thats the problem. I only meet black. If you contacted us it would be a delete as theres nothing of interest or saying what you are."

I don't think you either took the time to read through the thread and my replies, and nor did you appreciate the variety of perspectives on here.

I did not post this question from the perspective of a victim, it's a observation after a quite bit of reflection.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

By the way, it's really not nice to be accused of being racist for saying no thanks when people clearly don't fit meet criteria, ie distance age etc. Just giving the other side of things too.

by the sea

Found this from grinder

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_juTW4UTU&feature=youtu.be

Might be worth a look

"Found this from grinder

Might be worth a look "

“Go out of my country”

“Go back to Mexico”

“People like you are the reason Ebola exists, I hope you catch it and you die.”

“No rice”

Some of the comments from that video, that’s not preference, that’s down right racism.

I also agree with telling people what you do like, instead of what you don’t like.

No need to put “No blacks” when you can instead put “I’m seeking white males”.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

Aberdeen

"Found this from grinder

Might be worth a look "

Excellent video!

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

My profile states that I am here looking for black men only. I’m a white woman. I’m curious, having read through the posts on this thread... do some of you think I’m racist?

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

"My profile states that I am here looking for black men only. I’m a white woman. I’m curious, having read through the posts on this thread... do some of you think I’m racist? "

Some do, I am afraid. They somehow happen to usually be Asian.

By *otwhenwetCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"There was no lie and nobody has discriminated anything. Discrimination means to treat something else different. That means any single filter you have chosen. Age range, weight, pubic hair. Hair colour, beards.... Anything. Therefore just because you don't want to meet a 80 year old ginger bearded transgender person because you don't find them attractive is just the same in your eyes. This isn't a job application. This is who you wish to play with and you have a choice. X"

nope....... no one is obligated to play or interact with anyone they don't want to...

i hate it when people just throw out the words ageism, sexism, racism and just to see what actually sticks.... "

by the sea

Choice is choice, but why does anyone need to write no blacks no mixed race or no Asians on a profile It offends people

If you only fancy black, brown or white skin surely you message people or reply to messages you like on a that basis, if someone outside your choices messages you just pass them by it’s hardly difficult

Fabs really good at not putting filters on race thankfully

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"My profile states that I am here looking for black men only. I’m a white woman. I’m curious, having read through the posts on this thread... do some of you think I’m racist? "

According to some of the posters yes, you are. As far as I can see its a preference. Why should to be obligated to fuck people they don't want to meet?

by the sea

"My profile states that I am here looking for black men only. I’m a white woman. I’m curious, having read through the posts on this thread... do some of you think I’m racist?

According to some of the posters yes, you are. As far as I can see its a preference. Why should to be obligated to fuck people they don't want to meet? "

There is absolutly no obligation to chat, meet or have sex with anyone on fab regardless of skin colour

Do you meet everyone that messages you?

I can’t say I’ve had any directly racist messages. But I have had people sending me stereotypical messages based on assumptions - a lot of people offering me to try and get me to meet them (I don’t smoke), at least 10 time’s a day I’ll get “my wife wants a bbc to dominate her”, or someone talking about how they want to worship “a big black man” etc. And tbh I’m just a chilled guy thats nothing like what these people assume. It’s annoying as fuck. A few people even mention the N-word when they’re horny.

There’s a loooooot or ignorance on this site. And I don’t mean any offence, but 70% of people on here are quite... um... different to your average person. So don’t take it to heart buddy.

PS - the people that feel the need to comment on these threads and minimise others feelings by screaming “preference” are weirdo’s that need to gain some empathy.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I can’t say I’ve had any directly racist messages. But I have had people sending me stereotypical messages based on assumptions - a lot of people offering me to try and get me to meet them (I don’t smoke), at least 10 time’s a day I’ll get “my wife wants a bbc to dominate her”, or someone talking about how they want to worship “a big black man” etc. And tbh I’m just a chilled guy thats nothing like what these people assume. It’s annoying as fuck. A few people even mention the N-word when they’re horny.

There’s a loooooot or ignorance on this site. And I don’t mean any offence, but 70% of people on here are quite... um... different to your average person. So don’t take it to heart buddy.

PS - the people that feel the need to comment on these threads and minimise others feelings by screaming “preference” are weirdo’s that need to gain some empathy."

Wow, thanks. I'll just go and fuck someone I'm really not attracted to then. Do you do this yourself to gain "empathy"? I doubt it very much. I get sick of having the racist card played by entitled guys and couples when they are 100s of miles away accusing me of refusing because of their skin colour. My preferences are age and distance related. If they can't be arsed to read a profile that clearly states this, then they have the problem, not me.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Saying you are looking for a type is very different from totally excluding people from different races "

it's not racism in either case. The thing is though. ..If a lady puts black guys only .. she is just seen as exercising her right to preference... but if she puts white guys only then she gets accused of being racist. What features your sexually attracted to are not racist and on here you should be able to state it without grief x

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

"Sorry to hear that.In what way? If anyone is abusive in any way then report to admin."

correct and necessary step - admin exists to manage this space

"I can’t say I’ve had any directly racist messages. But I have had people sending me stereotypical messages based on assumptions - a lot of people offering me to try and get me to meet them (I don’t smoke), at least 10 time’s a day I’ll get “my wife wants a bbc to dominate her”, or someone talking about how they want to worship “a big black man” etc. And tbh I’m just a chilled guy thats nothing like what these people assume. It’s annoying as fuck. A few people even mention the N-word when they’re horny.

PS - the people that feel the need to comment on these threads and minimise others feelings by screaming “preference” are weirdo’s that need to gain some empathy."

Anyone who has a difference of opinion is a weird who needs to gain empathy now?

I’m a black female, I’ve had my fair share of actual racism on here.

Why do I need to gain empathy? Having a preference & being sexually attracted to certain people, is very different to hating a whole race, or using derogatory terms to describe a whole race.

PS - the people that feel the need to comment on these threads and minimise others feelings by screaming “preference” are weirdo’s that need to gain some empathy.

Wow, thanks. I'll just go and fuck someone I'm really not attracted to then. Do you do this yourself to gain "empathy"? I doubt it very much. I get sick of having the racist card played by entitled guys and couples when they are 100s of miles away accusing me of refusing because of their skin colour. My preferences are age and distance related. If they can't be arsed to read a profile that clearly states this, then they have the problem, not me. "

Do you know what empathy is?

It’s saying “oh I didn’t realise it made someone feel that way. I’ll be more sensitive with how I word things”.

Or “I didn’t realise that people felt this way. I’ll ask them a bit more about it to understand”.

That’s it.

I didn’t say anything about sleeping with anyone. What a bizarre and extreme response.

Saying you are looking for a type is very different from totally excluding people from different races it's not racism in either case. The thing is though. ..If a lady puts black guys only .. she is just seen as exercising her right to preference... but if she puts white guys only then she gets accused of being racist. What features your sexually attracted to are not racist and on here you should be able to state it without grief x"

Very much so.

I state I’m seeking older white males on my profile, I don’t just fancy older white males, I’ve dated & slept many non white males, and always will, but I’m on here for an experience, and it’s specific.

I’ve had the N word said to me, countless times, “black scum” like me should go back to Africa and pick cotton.

I’ve also had black males call me a “c**n”, I could go on.

Out of all those insults & situations, who is really the racist? Me, for seeking an experience or those who insult me by the colour of my skin?

Seems this thread has fallen down the usual rabbit hole of getting stuck on the semantics of word definitions - so to be clear here's the dictionary definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

With specific emphasis on the last part, if someone who prefers not to meet a particular racial type for sex displays any of that - then yes they're being racist - no argument.

However if someone prefers not to meet a particular racial type for sex, but would happily work alongside them, go out for a drink with them, invite them over for dinner etc then I fail to see how that is displaying a "belief that one's own race is superior"?!

As for not displaying a preference on a profile, whilst I agree that saying "no blacks" could be better worded, it doesn't automatically mean someone is racist either and in a lot of cases is purely to provide information to someone to decide if they meet the profile owners criteria (same as saying no short guys, no bisexual men etc) and potentially saves them wasting their time sending a message.

"Seems this thread has fallen down the usual rabbit hole of getting stuck on the semantics of word definitions - so to be clear here's the dictionary definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

With specific emphasis on the last part, if someone who prefers not to meet a particular racial type for sex displays any of that - then yes they're being racist - no argument.

However if someone prefers not to meet a particular racial type for sex, but would happily work alongside them, go out for a drink with them, invite them over for dinner etc then I fail to see how that is displaying a "belief that one's own race is superior"?!

As for not displaying a preference on a profile, whilst I agree that saying "no blacks" could be better worded, it doesn't automatically mean someone is racist either and in a lot of cases is purely to provide information to someone to decide if they meet the profile owners criteria (same as saying no short guys, no bisexual men etc) and potentially saves them wasting their time sending a message."

Perfectly put.

Anyone who has a difference of opinion is a weird who needs to gain empathy now?

I’m a black female, I’ve had my fair share of actual racism on here.

Why do I need to gain empathy? Having a preference & being sexually attracted to certain people, is very different to hating a whole race, or using derogatory terms to describe a whole race. "

Yeah I didn’t mean in the scenario of actually having a preference. Everyone has a preference.

I meant people that simply post “preference” in these kinds of thread to stop conversations and prevent people expressing their opinion. It’s very ignorant. I wouldn’t say that it applies to the situation you mentioned

By *aximus74Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

i hate it when people just throw out the words ageism, sexism, racism and just to see what actually sticks.... "

love this reply

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

correct and necessary step - admin exists to manage this space"

Great, then perhaps I'll start reporting the ones that accuse me of being racist as abuse then.

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

Some cultures revere women and treat them as queens, in some cultures women are second class citizens and are treat worse than dogs. The latter tends to relate to a particular ethnicity/race/religion and because of this women tend not to want to meet people from that group. I think its culturism more than racism, imho

Dudley

"Seems this thread has fallen down the usual rabbit hole of getting stuck on the semantics of word definitions - so to be clear here's the dictionary definition of racism:

As for not displaying a preference on a profile, whilst I agree that saying "no blacks" could be better worded, it doesn't automatically mean someone is racist either and in a lot of cases is purely to provide information to someone to decide if they meet the profile owners criteria (same as saying no short guys, no bisexual men etc) and potentially saves them wasting their time sending a message."

Ffs man up and stop playing the old "racist" card, its wearing very thin on here and society in general!

"Ffs man up and stop playing the old "racist" card, its wearing very thin on here and society in general! "

I agree and a disagree at the same time

On here the no black etc its not racist thats purely preference and to tackle society in generally I beg to differ on that one. Racism is SOOO Alive and kicking at the moment you wouldn't believe.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

There could be a good point in sending this to every member of fab!!! that way we could possibly end this continuing debate which personally I find totally pointless, not because i am or am not racist but because depending which side of the fence people sit on they never appear to see the other sides point!

So what is the fab correct way to express preferences much like we have fab straight / straight .

State on profile clearly :

I am not into vegans so don’t message me.

State on profile clearly :

I am only looking to meet with meat eaters .

- Don’t state anything other than basic info then choose one of below to deal with messages -

(Just delete/block message from person not a meat eater )

(Reply with a your not what I am seeking but thanks for messaging ). Then wait the inevitable message back wanting to know why .

"Ffs man up and stop playing the old "racist" card, its wearing very thin on here and society in general!

On here the no black etc its not racist thats purely preference and to tackle society in generally I beg to differ on that one. Racism is SOOO Alive and kicking at the moment you wouldn't believe. "

I personally think its more the fact that the stupidest things are now deemed "racist" and the snowflake (no pun intended!) society and media goes out of its way to jump on the bandwagon....

If you don’t find someone attractive, you don’t find someone attractive. That’s entirely different from having the mindset of not finding a whole ethnicity unattractive. "

Yes

"Ffs man up and stop playing the old "racist" card, its wearing very thin on here and society in general!

On here the no black etc its not racist thats purely preference and to tackle society in generally I beg to differ on that one. Racism is SOOO Alive and kicking at the moment you wouldn't believe.

I personally think its more the fact that the stupidest things are now deemed "racist" and the snowflake (no pun intended!) society and media goes out of its way to jump on the bandwagon...."

What’s your ethnicity?

This

I personally think its more the fact that the stupidest things are now deemed "racist" and the snowflake (no pun intended!) society and media goes out of its way to jump on the bandwagon...."

No I disagree, it the fact we now have different forms of media it paints the picture clear to see. Im almost 40, 80's baby, the term half cast and Golly wog were the norm back then. You generally took it and got on with shit. It's not acceptable in today's society with the new generation.

I personally think its more the fact that the stupidest things are now deemed "racist" and the snowflake (no pun intended!) society and media goes out of its way to jump on the bandwagon....

What’s your ethnicity?"

Irrelevant......

No I disagree, it the fact we now have different forms of media it paints the picture clear to see. Im almost 40, 80's baby, the term half cast and Golly wog were the norm back then. You generally took it and got on with shit. It's not acceptable in today's society with the new generation."

Ok cool, we agree to disagree then, im not getting drawn in

No I disagree, it the fact we now have different forms of media it paints the picture clear to see. Im almost 40, 80's baby, the term half cast and Golly wog were the norm back then. You generally took it and got on with shit. It's not acceptable in today's society with the new generation.

Ok cool, we agree to disagree then, im not getting drawn in "

Lol no traps here I'm just merely stating like you

No not at all. You may like to go with black guys as i do because its what i am looking for and are with. But theres nothing to say you hate white men.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......"

Of course it’s relevant. How can someone understand racism if they’ve never experienced it, and are not likely to experience it? So that’s why I asked

Under the Duvet

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

Of course it’s relevant. How can someone understand racism if they’ve never experienced it, and are not likely to experience it? So that’s why I asked

"

I agree. You can empathise, if you are emotionally intelligent enough,but you're never really going to understand unless you've experienced it or witnessed it first hand.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

"

Who is not likely to experience it surly in some form or another we can all experience it no matter what race you maybe. (Holds hands out) while singing were all the same when we get given our box.

Google defines Racism as : "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Why the preference argument stands well in my opinion is no one will outspokenly say they want to be with "insert race preference" because they believe "insert race preference" is superior to another race.

I don't think that's how it goes....

Personally I think variety is the spice of life. I love having different women from different backgrounds and races.

The movies, media and society pander to the idea of the great white man. I don't think this point is even worth discussing.

Stereotypes exist just like the BBC label. But not every Black guy will be BBC.

Some people buy into it and some don't. Some people are open to new things and others aren't.

Get over it.

Get on with it.

Find and spend time with people who make you feel good.

Have a great day and be lucky

Here and There

"My profile states that I am here looking for black men only. I’m a white woman. I’m curious, having read through the posts on this thread... do some of you think I’m racist?

No not at all. You may like to go with black guys as i do because its what i am looking for and are with. But theres nothing to say you hate white men."

That’s my view. I’m not racist, I don’t think I’m better than anyone, I just happen to only fancy black men. I don’t think there’s any harm in specifying that on my profile. I really can’t see how it would offend someone. If I check out a guys profile and he says he’s into petite blondes, or Asian girls only I’m not offended, I just won’t contact him because I know I’m not his type.

I think transparency is key. If you make clear on your profile who/what you are and who/what you’re looking for then it should be easy for everyone, right?

I’ve been accused of being racist by as Asian man who didn’t respect my preference. His profile didn’t have pictures, he messaged me, I asked him if he was my type based on my profile, he said he was. We chatted a bit more, he sent me a pic, he was Asian, I said I wasn’t interested, he was offended by that and said I was racist. I’m not. But I’m here looking for a black man and he was not a black man.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I agree. You can empathise, if you are emotionally intelligent enough,but you're never really going to understand unless you've experienced it or witnessed it first hand.

"

Absolutely.

And I find it strange when people speak on behalf of others in regards to things they haven’t experienced.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

Who is not likely to experience it surly in some form or another we can all experience it no matter what race you maybe. (Holds hands out) while singing were all the same when we get given our box. "

Haha I’ll sing along. Yeah I agree that everyone will experience some form of discrimination in their life.

It’s just that some might experience it once ever, and others will get it multiple times every day. I feel like I’m banging on a bit about it now so I’ll stop.

All I’m trying to say is that people need to be considerate and realise that because they personally don’t suffer from an issue, that doesn’t meant it’s not important or something to be dismissive of.

K I’ll leave this thread now

No not at all. You may like to go with black guys as i do because its what i am looking for and are with. But theres nothing to say you hate white men.

That’s my view. I’m not racist, I don’t think I’m better than anyone, I just happen to only fancy black men. I don’t think there’s any harm in specifying that on my profile. I really can’t see how it would offend someone. If I check out a guys profile and he says he’s into petite blondes, or Asian girls only I’m not offended, I just won’t contact him because I know I’m not his type.

I think transparency is key. If you make clear on your profile who/what you are and who/what you’re looking for then it should be easy for everyone, right?

I’ve been accused of being racist by as Asian man who didn’t respect my preference. His profile didn’t have pictures, he messaged me, I asked him if he was my type based on my profile, he said he was. We chatted a bit more, he sent me a pic, he was Asian, I said I wasn’t interested, he was offended by that and said I was racist. I’m not. But I’m here looking for a black man and he was not a black man. "

Exactly.

In the forum you’ll see countless posts from people telling others to use their profile to state exactly what they are looking for to hopefully avoid messages from those who don’t interest you.

In the next breath those same people have an issue with someone stating the have a race preference in a profile and start saying “just ignore their messages”, why? It’s your profile, you should write what you please on there, just because it makes a few people uncomfortable that shouldn’t stop you.

Nobody is here or can please everyone, someone will always have a problem with something.

[Removed by poster at 07/05/19 10:21:59]

It's taking the thread in a whole different tangent, but it's easy to dismiss it with a sweeping statement like that - and there *are* instances where the race card is thrown about a little too liberally, this thread is a good example, however racism is prevalent in today's society - it may not be the same as it was 30/40 years ago, but it's still very much out there - you only have to look at the likes of Britain First and to a degree UKIP for evidence of it.

Here and There

I’ve been accused of being racist by as Asian man who didn’t respect my preference. His profile didn’t have pictures, he messaged me, I asked him if he was my type based on my profile, he said he was. We chatted a bit more, he sent me a pic, he was Asian, I said I wasn’t interested, he was offended by that and said I was racist. I’m not. But I’m here looking for a black man and he was not a black man.

Exactly.

In the forum you’ll see countless posts from people telling others to use their profile to state exactly what they are looking for to hopefully avoid messages from those who don’t interest you.

In the next breath those same people have an issue with someone stating the have a race preference in a profile and start saying “just ignore their messages”, why? It’s your profile, you should write what you please on there, just because it makes a few people uncomfortable that shouldn’t stop you.

Nobody is here or can please everyone, someone will always have a problem with something. "

It really seems so!

Although i wouldnt be against meeting any i am attacted to, im yet to find a black woman that i find atractive. Ive seen plenty of mixed race race women and would love to meet south american ladies. If you have a know what works for you then go with it.

You can take this to the nth degree and call people sexist weightist sizeist locationist etc.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

It's taking the thread in a whole different tangent, but it's easy to dismiss it with a sweeping statement like that - and there *are* instances where the race card is thrown about a little too liberally, this thread is a good example, however racism is prevalent in today's society - it may not be the same as it was 30/40 years ago, but it's still very much out there - you only have to look at the likes of Britain First and to a degree UKIP for evidence of it."

Not forgetting Labour's anti-semitism of course.

I do find the "no Asian" a bit strange, seeing as there are 48 countries in Asia, from Cyprus to Japan. This covers a wide spectrum of looks, beliefs and ways if life. Maybe people are a little scared of being more specific?

It's taking the thread in a whole different tangent, but it's easy to dismiss it with a sweeping statement like that - and there *are* instances where the race card is thrown about a little too liberally, this thread is a good example, however racism is prevalent in today's society - it may not be the same as it was 30/40 years ago, but it's still very much out there - you only have to look at the likes of Britain First and to a degree UKIP for evidence of it."

It's taking the thread in a whole different tangent, but it's easy to dismiss it with a sweeping statement like that - and there *are* instances where the race card is thrown about a little too liberally, this thread is a good example, however racism is prevalent in today's society - it may not be the same as it was 30/40 years ago, but it's still very much out there - you only have to look at the likes of Britain First and to a degree UKIP for evidence of it.

Not forgetting Labour's anti-semitism of course."

Of course, and it's another example of how it is still prevalent, albeit under a different guise to what it was in the 70s

Newcastle and Gateshead

see.... if someone was providing a service and they said "no blacks" for example... then yes i would query it...

if you think "swingers" are here to provide a service..... I would question your reasoning for being here!

like i said... their bodies, their rules....

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

"

I think you covered it there by saying witnessed. I've argued for years one doesn't need to experience it, but can understand something if we witness it.

There will always be different levels of experience too, so one can argue that even if one experiences it they may still not understand what the other is fully going through; yet they can understand to a degree.

This is the case with witnessing something. The level and intensity of being the witness to something gives a greater or lesser understanding.

I think the phrase unless you experience it you don't understand is a very misguided statement imo.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"I do find the "no Asian" a bit strange, seeing as there are 48 countries in Asia, from Cyprus to Japan. This covers a wide spectrum of looks, beliefs and ways if life. Maybe people are a little scared of being more specific?"

"Asian" in the UK generally means people whose ethnic origins lie in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and that's what people mean on here.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I think you covered it there by saying witnessed. I've argued for years one doesn't need to experience it, but can understand something if we witness it.

There will always be different levels of experience too, so one can argue that even if one experiences it they may still not understand what the other is fully going through; yet they can understand to a degree.

This is the case with witnessing something. The level and intensity of being the witness to something gives a greater or lesser understanding.

I think the phrase unless you experience it you don't understand is a very misguided statement imo."

No, experiencing face to face is a whole another level, i don't want to talk about my experiences but trust me words in a message is febble in comparison

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I think the phrase unless you experience it you don't understand is a very misguided statement imo."

Witnessed plenty of "positive discrimination" on a daily basis, reckon that counts

It's highly unlikely there will be no racist people on here. In fact, I've had the misfortune of having sex with some, and I'm guessing if men are then women will be too.

If they have no blacks, no asians, no Pakistani, no African etc then at least you know where you stand.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I think the phrase unless you experience it you don't understand is a very misguided statement imo.

No, experiencing face to face is a whole another level, i don't want to talk about my experiences but trust me words in a message is febble in comparison "

You are right. The abuse i get when ive gone to a club and been approached and i say im sorry i only go with black guys. I do it nicely but sometimes thats not enough. Very rude and its not necessary. There are millions of women out there who don't see black guys so its no biggy go and chat to them.

Anyone who thinks there are no racist people on here at all is either deluded or naive.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

"

Of course it's irrelevant. People of any race can experience racism.

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I’m back. It’s not misguided. Because witnessing something is just a one off. Experiencing something is your whole life and it’s totally different. I appreciate people that try and understand though and it’s good when people do witness these things and realise “oh it is real”. It’s all positive when we try and walk in each other’s shoes

But that’s still nothing close to experiencing things daily. Being followed around stores, having people ignore you but pay attention to others you’re with. Receiving dirty looks, getting stop and searched, getting people talking to you in funny voices, getting strangers constantly questioning where you’re from despite the last 3 generations of your family all being from the UK, getting your windows smashed in with notes attached. Having people saying things like “you sound white”. Having to skip the “ethnicity” section on job forms so you can get an interview. Having to constantly make an effort to be well presented and well spoken because people always assume you’re “hood” otherwise. having to second guess every pub you visit b/c you don’t want to get beaten up or monkey chants. Getting people clutching their bags when you walk past. Having to avoid certain areas where all your friends can freely go. etc.

These are things that people don’t think about and that can’t be “witnessed” because most of it is covert. And it all involves subtle things that constantly make you feel self conscious, out of place or different.

That’s why I believe you can’t understand it unless you experience it. It’s an every day thing.

And nope before anyone says I don’t have a chip on my shoulder. I just get on with things. But it does annoy me when people dismiss it and say it doesn’t exist, or that they fully understand. Because they don’t.

This topic is now way different to the original post, but it’s something I don’t mind sharing and would love more people to think about in general

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

I’m back. It’s not misguided. Because witnessing something is just a one off. Experiencing something is your whole life and it’s totally different. I appreciate people that try and understand though and it’s good when people do witness these things and realise “oh it is real”. It’s all positive when we try and walk in each other’s shoes

But that’s still nothing close to experiencing things daily. Being followed around stores, having people ignore you but pay attention to others you’re with. Receiving dirty looks, getting stop and searched, getting people talking to you in funny voices, getting strangers constantly questioning where you’re from despite the last 3 generations of your family all being from the UK, getting your windows smashed in with notes attached. Having people saying things like “you sound white”. Having to skip the “ethnicity” section on job forms so you can get an interview. Having to constantly make an effort to be well presented and well spoken because people always assume you’re “hood” otherwise. having to second guess every pub you visit b/c you don’t want to get beaten up or monkey chants. Getting people clutching their bags when you walk past. Having to avoid certain areas where all your friends can freely go. etc.

These are things that people don’t think about and that can’t be “witnessed” because most of it is covert. And it all involves subtle things that constantly make you feel self conscious, out of place or different.

That’s why I believe you can’t understand it unless you experience it. It’s an every day thing.

And nope before anyone says I don’t have a chip on my shoulder. I just get on with things. But it does annoy me when people dismiss it and say it doesn’t exist, or that they fully understand. Because they don’t.

This topic is now way different to the original post, but it’s something I don’t mind sharing and would love more people to think about in general "

I agree it's gone off topic but to be clear preference is preference on here.. Society is different I have experience everything you have mentioned plus more. Time to put this to bed now really...

Unless you cuss my mum and thats a whole different topic

Under the Duvet

What’s your ethnicity?

Irrelevant......

This topic is now way different to the original post, but it’s something I don’t mind sharing and would love more people to think about in general "

When I said experienced it I was talking as a mixed race woman growing up in the UK.

When I say witnessed it I meant watching and hearing what my respectable Jamaican dad went through on a regular basis. White friends who previously had no idea of the realities of stop and search and police racial profiling were shocked when my dad was stopped by the police going about his everyday business, just because he was black.

I'm not taking anything away from your experience.If you witness something first hand it can be eye opening.

That's what I meant.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"see.... if someone was providing a service and they said "no blacks" for example... then yes i would query it...

if you think "swingers" are here to provide a service..... I would question your reasoning for being here!

like i said... their bodies, their rules.... "

Always the voice of reason.

There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism

"OP in what way are people being racist? If you are on the receiving end of insults and abuse because of your race/ethnicity that is absolutely out of order and you should report them.

If it is a case of people saying they won't meet because they only fancy white men as an example then that's not really considered so much to be racist. People are allowed to fancy certain people more than others and having racial preferences is no different to having preferences on weight/height etc. "

Got to agree with this. If you don't you would have to find the whole concept of gay/straight/bi looking to meet men/women to be homophobic or sexist. Someone's sexual preference is their business they don't have to have sex with anyone they don't find attractive.

To clarify my previous post, some of my best friends are black, but I have no desire to have sex with any of them.

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism"

I would say it's both.

Racist stereotypes shape our preferences. Some would argue that ALL preferences are a form of discrimination when broken down.

People should be allowed to have preferences. But having "No Asians" on one's profiles and then claiming "It's not racism - it's just a preference" is laughable.

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism"

Good job opinions aren’t facts then.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

So going by that , if I stated I didnt want to meet anyone Asian , I would be racist , and have to fuck them anyway

"OP in what way are people being racist? If you are on the receiving end of insults and abuse because of your race/ethnicity that is absolutely out of order and you should report them.

If it is a case of people saying they won't meet because they only fancy white men as an example then that's not really considered so much to be racist. People are allowed to fancy certain people more than others and having racial preferences is no different to having preferences on weight/height etc.

Got to agree with this. If you don't you would have to find the whole concept of gay/straight/bi looking to meet men/women to be homophobic or sexist. Someone's sexual preference is their business they don't have to have sex with anyone they don't find attractive."

Exactly.

I stated this before and surprise surprise nobody could answer.

If a person is racist for only wanting to meet a certain race, a straight person must be homophobic for not wanting to meet someone the same sex as them.

I wonder how many agree?

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism So going by that , if I stated I didnt want to meet anyone Asian , I would be racist , and have to fuck them anyway "

Of course not. You fuck who you want. You politely say. Sorry you are not for me. No explanation needed

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism So going by that , if I stated I didnt want to meet anyone Asian , I would be racist , and have to fuck them anyway "

Would you be racist? Most likely. Would you have to fuck them anyway? No.

Ridiculous comment. I wnt meet fat or short or white so what does that make me.

Its a preference. Cant understand what is so difficult about that

Den of Iniquity

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism So going by that , if I stated I didnt want to meet anyone Asian , I would be racist , and have to fuck them anyway

Of course not. You fuck who you want. You politely say. Sorry you are not for me. No explanation needed"

Then that person would assume it's because of their skin colour . It's best to just state preferences on a profile beforehand to avoid the awkwardness

Den of Iniquity

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism So going by that , if I stated I didnt want to meet anyone Asian , I would be racist , and have to fuck them anyway

"

Are you being serious or winding me up ??

Of course not. You fuck who you want. You politely say. Sorry you are not for me. No explanation needed Then that person would assume it's because of their skin colour . It's best to just state preferences on a profile beforehand to avoid the awkwardness "

Does it matter what they think. If you say no thank you not for me. Its irrelevant. I say it to black white mixed asian. Fat. Thin. Short.

All a preference not Racism

Den of Iniquity

Of course not. You fuck who you want. You politely say. Sorry you are not for me. No explanation needed Then that person would assume it's because of their skin colour . It's best to just state preferences on a profile beforehand to avoid the awkwardness

Does it matter what they think. If you say no thank you not for me. Its irrelevant. I say it to black white mixed asian. Fat. Thin. Short.

All a preference not Racism"

I agree yes

Of course not. You fuck who you want. You politely say. Sorry you are not for me. No explanation needed Then that person would assume it's because of their skin colour . It's best to just state preferences on a profile beforehand to avoid the awkwardness

All a preference not Racism I agree yes "

Thank you. Lol

Hardly racism, its a preference. Im not into chinese/thai women i love athletic black women and white curvy women. Doesnt make me racist its a preference.

Are you being serious or winding me up ??"

Being serious.

All preferences are arguably a form of discrimination. I'm probably a little bit racist myself.

It's all well and good saying something is a "preference" (completely meaningless statement).

The real question is why do you have that preference (e.g. No Asians)

Bradford

We should just add here that reading racist comments like vixen wrote was said to her is vile and we hope things like that aren't sent to people on here.. that's obviously racist and way different to saying you dont find someone attractive..

With that being said. This definitely isn't just an issue with fab. We have heard negative comments and the male half of this couple was in a relationship with a black girl for 4 years and has experienced negativity first hand so obviously when hearing negative stuff in clubs or on here like that it is something he absolutely hates.

With all this being said... there just isn't that many black or asain girls up here in clubs and we would hate them to be put off by idiots... We would love there to be many more from every race but mostly up here in Leeds and Manchester it will be black or asain males even on the black events. We went to one in Manchester on Friday and there was only one black female .... There just isn't that many even if we search on here verified people within say 50 to 60 miles....

So yes. We would hope that they are treated nice on here as some couples. Us included would love to meet couples from other backgrounds, even if it's just to have a chat in a club and learn about a nice place to eat...

But we still don't believe it's racist to choose to meet a black guy or not meet a black guy if your not attracted to them.... That's definitely choice x

Den of Iniquity

Being serious.

All preferences are arguably a form of discrimination. I'm probably a little bit racist myself.

It's all well and good saying something is a "preference" (completely meaningless statement).

The real question is why do you have that preference (e.g. No Asians)"

Because said person simply doesn't find them attractive. I dont find tall girls attractive but I'm not " tallist " ffs . Nothing wrong with them as people . Cant believe I even have to explain this

Being serious.

The real question is why do you have that preference (e.g. No Asians)"

Simple.

I dnt go with overweight. Because im fit and workout and want the same.

I dnt go with SHORT because im SHORT and prefer tall men.

I dnt go with WHITE or ASIAN or MIXED RACE because i love black african men . The colour contrast and sex is amazing. Simple answer for me. Not Racism

Being serious.

Simple.

I dnt go with WHITE or ASIAN or MIXED RACE because i love black african men . The colour contrast and sex is amazing. Simple answer for me. Not Racism "

Fair answer (although strange reason not to sleep with white men)

Doesn't change my argument. Excluding an entire race is almost always based on a deep racial bias. There's a reason Asian men are almost always excluded in these types of cases.

Again - the question is always why does one have that preference. It's very rarely got anything to do with "colour contrast"

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

It's just preference. I prefer fucking White woman,does that mean I'm racist towards women from other races?

Being serious.

The real question is why do you have that preference (e.g. No Asians) Because said person simply doesn't find them attractive. I dont find tall girls attractive but I'm not " tallist " ffs . Nothing wrong with them as people . Cant believe I even have to explain this "

Why don't they find them attractive?

Is it an innate biological preference, or something shaped by society?

For the record I think it's perfectly acceptable to have racist sexual preferences. Sexual agency trumps everything

London

Being serious.

The real question is why do you have that preference (e.g. No Asians) Because said person simply doesn't find them attractive. I dont find tall girls attractive but I'm not " tallist " ffs . Nothing wrong with them as people . Cant believe I even have to explain this

Why don't they find them attractive?

Is it an innate biological preference, or something shaped by society?

For the record I think it's perfectly acceptable to have racist sexual preferences. Sexual agency trumps everything "

Indeed. These discussion always do my head in. If you said you refused to work with or socialise with all members of a specific ethnic group and that that was your preference, no one would have any doubt it was a racist preference.

The same applies to a refusal to have sexual relationship with all members of a certain ethnic group. Its a preference, but its by definition a racist preference.

But, as you also say, the crucial difference in sexual relationships is personal autonomy. Everyone is entitled to be as racist or irrational as they like when it comes to sex

Being serious.

Simple.

I dnt go with WHITE or ASIAN or MIXED RACE because i love black african men . The colour contrast and sex is amazing. Simple answer for me. Not Racism

Fair answer (although strange reason not to sleep with white men)

Doesn't change my argument. Excluding an entire race is almost always based on a deep racial bias. There's a reason Asian men are almost always excluded in these types of cases.

Again - the question is always why does one have that preference. It's very rarely got anything to do with "colour contrast""

Ive been married twice to White men. All my adult life i went with White men. Now i prefer black simple lol

Here and There

It’s really not, unless the reason they won’t meet them is that they think they are in some way inferior to them (there will be some of that) I don’t meet white men, not attracted to them, but I don’t think I’m better than them. They’re white and so am I.

Unfortunately its rife on this site some subtle some not so but letting tiny minds spoil my fun isnt an option

Hi,

I don't know the content of your communications with these so called 'racists', so won't jump to conclusions, but if you are making that judgement, and i say IF, based on them not being interested because you are not white, that for me is not racism. Everyone has physical preferences don't they? Some guys prefer blondes, some females prefer big cocks, some females prefer bald men, some don't. Some prefer thin females, some prefer BBW's. Some prefer large false boobies, some hate the artificially enhanced body. Some prefer smooth bodies, some hate it. Some like tall, some like short, Its about what you are attracted to, it has zip all to do with racism or any other category you want to stick someone's right to choose into. Polite rejection because of personal choice is not an insult. It only becomes an insult if the wording of their rejection is rude, ie, "sorry but black guys are ugly", "sorry, but white guys can't fuck like a real man", blah, blah, blah. Personal choice is a right, so do not take rejection as personal against you.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Hi,

I don't know the content of your communications with these so called 'racists', so won't jump to conclusions, but if you are making that judgement, and i say IF, based on them not being interested because you are not white, that for me is not racism. Everyone has physical preferences don't they? Some guys prefer blondes, some females prefer big cocks, some females prefer bald men, some don't. Some prefer thin females, some prefer BBW's. Some prefer large false boobies, some hate the artificially enhanced body. Some prefer smooth bodies, some hate it. Some like tall, some like short, Its about what you are attracted to, it has zip all to do with racism or any other category you want to stick someone's right to choose into. Polite rejection because of personal choice is not an insult. It only becomes an insult if the wording of their rejection is rude, ie, "sorry but black guys are ugly", "sorry, but white guys can't fuck like a real man", blah, blah, blah. Personal choice is a right, so do not take rejection as personal against you."

Amen to that!

Well said

"

This must also mean you are homophobic for not meeting men, right?

This must also mean you are homophobic for not meeting men, right? "

Course not - it's an innate biological preference.

Course not - it's an innate biological preference. "

It’s a preference nonetheless.

You choose not to meet men because you don’t fancy them.

Some people choose not to meet certain races because they don’t fancy them.

Both are preferences. If one is racism as you say, in regards to race. The other has to be homophobia in regards to sex.

Think its time to call a "time out" on this thread now, its going nowhere apart from in circles!!

Does simply saying you have a preference to not meet someone of a certain race show a "belief that one's own race is superior"?

If the answer is no, which of course it's not in those terms, then it doesn't fit the dictionary definition of racism:

Of course if the reasons for that preference are grounded in hatred, ignorance and bigotry, or expressed in detrimental terms then it's different but simply saying you have a preference for something specific does NOT make you racist, in the same way as saying you won't meet bisexual or gay men doesn't make you homophobic.

Both are preferences. If one is racism as you say, in regards to race. The other has to be homophobia in regards to sex.

"

Not exactly.

It's not about the preference. It's about why one has the preference.

Differentiating between something that's innate to humans, and something which is conditioned into us is quite important. There's a reason it's mainly Asian men that get screwed over on sites like this

Not exactly.

It's not about the preference. It's about why one has the preference.

Differentiating between something that's innate to humans, and something which is conditioned into us is quite important. There's a reason it's mainly Asian men that get screwed over on sites like this"

Sexual attraction could be why.

Childhood experiences could be why.

Being actually racist could be why.

Some people may not actually have a reason & have been that way since they can remember.

But you cannot blanket label everyone a racist for a preference.

I think with Asian men getting screwed over as you say, it has a lot to do with culture, stereotypes in the media & religion in the media. I’ve seen it online, and I’ve seen & heard it in person, it’s not nice.

The media influenced people very easily & I think a lot of the issues people have these days can stem from that. Is it racist? If they think they are superior to other races then yes.

"Think its time to call a "time out" on this thread now, its going nowhere apart from in circles!! "

I think it’s quite interesting actually.

It’s good to read a thread where people can have a difference of opinion without just insulting others.

London

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism

Does simply saying you have a preference to not meet someone of a certain race show a "belief that one's own race is superior"?

If the answer is no, which of course it's not in those terms, then it doesn't fit the dictionary definition of racism:

Of course if the reasons for that preference are grounded in hatred, ignorance and bigotry, or expressed in detrimental terms then it's different but simply saying you have a preference for something specific does NOT make you racist, in the same way as saying you won't meet bisexual or gay men doesn't make you homophobic."

On that basis then a white person who won't work or socialise with black people because he "doesn't like blacks" wouldn't be racist as long as he didn't think whites as a group were superior to blacks.

Surely you can't believe that?

"There are a lot of undercover racists here..in my opinion saying you will not meet anyone of a certain race isn't preference its racism

Of course if the reasons for that preference are grounded in hatred, ignorance and bigotry, or expressed in detrimental terms then it's different but simply saying you have a preference for something specific does NOT make you racist, in the same way as saying you won't meet bisexual or gay men doesn't make you homophobic.

On that basis then a white person who won't work or socialise with black people because he "doesn't like blacks" wouldn't be racist as long as he didn't think whites as a group were superior to blacks.

Surely you can't believe that? "

“Doesn’t like blacks” is negative though & could come across as you deem them to be inferior by not liking them as people for no reason. P

Not being sexually attracted to a race, but treating them exactly the same in any situation isn’t racist.

Not liking “blacks” for no other reason, is dubious & in a work environment wouldn’t be good since you employ people on their ability not their looks, unlike sex.

London

“Doesn’t like blacks” is negative though & could come across as you deem them to be inferior by not liking them as people for no reason. P

Not being sexually attracted to a race, but treating them exactly the same in any situation isn’t racist.

Not liking “blacks” for no other reason, is dubious & in a work environment wouldn’t be good since you employ people on their ability not their looks, unlike sex. "

My point is that racism doesn't have to involve a conscious belief that one's racial group is superior to others. You could just as well say that refusing to have sex with members of a certain ethnic group implies a belief your group is superior to that group.

If you refuse to do thing x with someone not because of their individual personality, but because of their membership of a particular ethnic group, then by definition, you're refusing on racist grounds.

But as I say, racist preferences in sex are perfectly acceptable.

Not liking “blacks” for no other reason, is dubious & in a work environment wouldn’t be good since you employ people on their ability not their looks, unlike sex.

My point is that racism doesn't have to involve a conscious belief that one's racial group is superior to others. You could just as well say that refusing to have sex with members of a certain ethnic group implies a belief your group is superior to that group.

If you refuse to do thing x with someone not because of their individual personality, but because of their membership of a particular ethnic group, then by definition, you're refusing on racist grounds.

But as I say, racist preferences in sex are perfectly acceptable. "

I don’t agree.

Racism to me is considered another race inferior to your own, essentially looking down on a whole race of people & considering them second class citizen because their skin colour differs from yours.

Not wanting to have sex with a certain race because you aren’t sexually attracted to them, whilst treating them no different in any other situation, isn’t at all racism to me. If it were, that would make straight people who only want to meet the opposite sex homophobic.

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

Apologies if this has already been said but

Since most women ( well those over 35 at least) have experienced sexism it seems unreasonable to say they can’t understand what it’s like to be discriminated against on the basis of another criteria?

Surely you can't believe that? "

Refusing to work with, and "not liking" blacks is in effect showing a level of belief of superiority though so of course it would be racist.

However to turn that around, and as I pointed out way upthread - if someone is perfectly happy to work with, socialise with, invite round to dinner, go in holiday with and generally have a happy and mutually rewarding platonic relationship with others, regardless of their race, but just doesn't find a physical sexual attraction to a particular type - I still fail to see how that fits with the dictionary definition that calls for a "belief that one's own race is superior"

London

Refusing to work with, and "not liking" blacks is in effect showing a level of belief of superiority though so of course it would be racist.

However to turn that around, and as I pointed out way upthread - if someone is perfectly happy to work with, socialise with, invite round to dinner, go in holiday with and generally have a happy and mutually rewarding platonic relationship with others, regardless of their race, but just doesn't find a physical sexual attraction to a particular type - I still fail to see how that fits with the dictionary definition that calls for a "belief that one's own race is superior"

"

So so you're saying that certain actions can imply a belief in racial superiority as I say above you could say the same about a refusal to have sex with members of certain groups.

How about a white boss who is perfectly happy to socialise with and indeed have sex with black people, but won't employ them as he considers them lazy.

Is that racist?

London

But as I say, racist preferences in sex are perfectly acceptable.

I don’t agree.

Racism to me is considered another race inferior to your own, essentially looking down on a whole race of people & considering them second class citizen because their skin colour differs from yours.

Not wanting to have sex with a certain race because you aren’t sexually attracted to them, whilst treating them no different in any other situation, isn’t at all racism to me. If it were, that would make straight people who only want to meet the opposite sex homophobic. "

I don't think racism has to imply some general belief in racial supremacy at all and very few people who are undoubtedly racist hold such a belief. They generally say that races shouldn't mix as they don't get on. That's what they said in Apartheid South Africa for example.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Can I add 'fatism'?!!!!

So so you're saying that certain actions can imply a belief in racial superiority as I say above you could say the same about a refusal to have sex with members of certain groups.

How about a white boss who is perfectly happy to socialise with and indeed have sex with black people, but won't employ them as he considers them lazy.

Is that racist? "

As ever, and as we have both pointed out at different junctures this is treading the same old weary circles and dealing with semantics of definition rather than actually providing any black and white (pun completely intended ) answers to which there are none.

Fact of the matter is it is perfectly ok to have a preference not to meet a specific type of person for sex, whether that be black, white, Chinese or anything really (copyright Chas Smash 1980 ) or because they are tall, short, blonde, brunette, have hair or don't, fat or thin or any other myriad choices and preferences we express daily - so long as those preferences are not grounded in hatred and bigotry.

How anyone chooses to label those preferences is subjective and open to round in the same old circles debate

At least we got a 175 post thread out of it

This is a Swingers site. We are all on here to meet people we find sexually attractive and hopefully have sexual contact with them.

Our profiles are our shop window to advertise who we are and what we are looking for.

Surely this gives us the right to be specific about what we do and don’t find attractive, including age range, race, gender,size etc?

As with anything on Fab, if you see or receive something that you believe breaches Fab rules just report it.

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

[Removed by poster at 07/05/19 15:49:37]