FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Turning people down

Turning people down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tewartandJill OP   Couple  over a year ago

Dewsbury

Hi, is there particular etiquette for turning people down who contact you but don't fit what you're looking for? New to this and don't know what to do for the best.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

very simple, thank you, but no thank you, then BLOCK! so as not to get into a never ending conversation as to why not!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We normally just say not what we're looking for but happy swinging x

By *heslimoneMan  over a year ago

Deeside

Sadly i think you're damned whatever approach you take, i certainly prefer a polite "not my type" but i think given how awful so many guys seem to be you may be best taking the easy option of delete and block, it pains me to say that but totally get why most choose that option.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

"We normally just say not what we're looking for but happy swinging x"

Yep this is what we usually say too. Most just reply saying thank you for the message. Some just block you straight away. Very rare genuine couples ask for reasons. When people ask for reasons that’s when I use the block button!

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

It depends on the message if it is someone who has clearly not read my profile, I do reply saying my profile says the opposite of what you have messaged me

If it is meet me now I just block and delete and if someone who is nice I the message, I respond with I meet in clubs says hello if you ever see us

Dewsbury

Yes, we've tried being polite with people, and then been harassed so had to block. We've also tried ignoring (which we don't really like doimg) and a few people keep messaging over and over!

Dewsbury

"It depends on the message if it is someone who has clearly not read my profile, I do reply saying my profile says the opposite of what you have messaged me

If it is meet me now I just block and delete and if someone who is nice I the message, I respond with I meet in clubs says hello if you ever see us"

Our profile does have a specific which some people clearly ignore. It's a minefield, knowing what to do...

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It depends on the message if it is someone who has clearly not read my profile, I do reply saying my profile says the opposite of what you have messaged me

If it is meet me now I just block and delete and if someone who is nice I the message, I respond with I meet in clubs says hello if you ever see us

Our profile does have a specific which some people clearly ignore. It's a minefield, knowing what to do... "

If they ignore it ignore their message, you owe them nothing.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"We normally just say not what we're looking for but happy swinging x

Yep this is what we usually say too. Most just reply saying thank you for the message. Some just block you straight away. Very rare genuine couples ask for reasons. When people ask for reasons that’s when I use the block button! "

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Yesterday, exchanged a few nice messages and accepted a friend request, went back for a peek later and I’m blocked. Call me fussy but I’m generally not a huge fan of being turned down like that

Whinge over

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

Our profile does have a specific which some

people clearly ignore. It's a minefield, knowing what to do... "

I have just told someone they haven’t read my profile. I just delete

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Just say politely that you don't feel you're compatible. Don't give excuses or try to let them down lightly. Polite honesty is the best way. Don't enter into conversation about why either.

To be fair I ignore, no answer is an answer. It seems brutal but I have found from past experiences some people get snarky no matter how polite and gentle you are. I have no problem being ignored, others should not either

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

"Hi, is there particular etiquette for turning people down who contact you but don't fit what you're looking for? New to this and don't know what to do for the best."

I think we should do this, had 2 occasions now where we were very polite about saying no only to get abuse.

I ignore them

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Yesterday, exchanged a few nice messages and accepted a friend request, went back for a peek later and I’m blocked. Call me fussy but I’m generally not a huge fan of being turned down like that

Whinge over "

That's not on, especially sending a friend request. Talk about mixed messages

This is the best way as you don't get mixed signals .. I then put a note on their account that I'm not what they're looking for.. saves me messaging again

"Hi, is there particular etiquette for turning people down who contact you but don't fit what you're looking for? New to this and don't know what to do for the best."

I've learnt over the years, you can't win either way....

I've replied politely and got abuse back.. Some guys prefer no reply, rather than a "sorry your not my type".

We are not attracted to everyone that crosses are path, it works both ways... But some folk really struggle with that.

So just reply with what works best for you.

Xx

"No thanks, I don't think you're my type"

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Just be honest and upfront.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Yesterday, exchanged a few nice messages and accepted a friend request, went back for a peek later and I’m blocked. Call me fussy but I’m generally not a huge fan of being turned down like that

Whinge over "

I fabbed a few recent uploaded pics and received a message saying thanks yours are nice. I replied with cheers and said yours are slightly better or something.

Despite blocking me... I was told not to contact again as my ego was too big - theirs were better pics.

I am still working it out.

Just a polite not my type or no thank you.

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

Treat everyone with as much respect as you offer...

I recieve quite a lot of messages and try to get back to as many as possible. Sometimes no upsets them but largely they are a good bunch and blocking is a rarity.

Sx

By *ittlecoupleCouple  over a year ago

Oxford

We try to politely reply to every message but some guys make this really difficult.

They say something stupid, crass and crude, one word, or start sweatily telling us about their fantasy to fuck her, ignoring it’s a couple’s account.

"We try to politely reply to every message but some guys make this really difficult.

They say something stupid, crass and crude, one word, or start sweatily telling us about their fantasy to fuck her, ignoring it’s a couple’s account."

That’s why we do not reply any more. We state that openly on profile, no response means no thanks. We state we accept the same, too.

"We normally just say not what we're looking for but happy swinging x

This is the best way as you don't get mixed signals .. I then put a note on their account that I'm not what they're looking for.. saves me messaging again "

I do this

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Whinge over

That's not on, especially sending a friend request. Talk about mixed messages "

They only want me for my body, it’s the face that must put em off

By *iscreet UnicornWoman  over a year ago

Windsor-ish

^^^ this

It’s hard to know what to do for the best when you first join but there’s some great advice on this thread.

One important thing to remember, you’re on here to have fun so do what’s best for you as a couple and don’t let others spoil that. x

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Genrally a policy of polite, honest but clear no thanks. Dont need to go into the ins and outs of why not. I think most people are perfectly ok about that and just glad you messaged them back and thus avoiding any wasted energies.

Same here x

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I say.....

‘You are not quite what I am looking for but good luck on here’.

Then I block so paths aren’t crossed in the future.

We try to be polite and say Don’t think we will click so happy fabbing x

By *imAndHerKentCouple  over a year ago

Folkestone

This is what we do. Ninety nine percent of people respect that; the 1% who don't and are either rude or start pleading (yes really) get blocked.

I say sorry not what I'm looking for at this moment , then they reply what are you looking for . I say not you , then block

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

Exactly this.

By *essica jamiesonWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Whinge over "

The person obv changed their mind which is fine! No one owes anyone anything,

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

However you choose...whether its polite message, block or delete

Communicate it clearly

You cant blame anyone for not understanding your thoughts if you don't communicate them.

As for... "in the past people where rude when they where rejected, so now I'm rude now to everyone in the future"... wow!

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Just ignore ..dont do the Roman empress sorry not my type response. Disingenuous and faux attempt at manners.

This

Following this thread for tips

By *p230Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Just a polite " I'm currently meeting with someone else" is an easy way out.

It's never nice for someone's ego to be let down but a polite message always helps x

By *isa2018Couple  over a year ago

East Northamptonshire

Just be honest and explain that there is no attraction based on any message and photos supplied so far.

We do use Block quite ruthlessly now, but really as a means to hide profiles that have no appeal to us. It's enough to just try and keep up with responding, without having to explain explicitly, or receive messages frommprofiles that have looked at you but you know dont interest you.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Just a polite " I'm currently meeting with someone else" is an easy way out.

x"

If you've put a meet up, you can still get more messages from the same person. I often use I have friends around, family coming but still get 'when are they leaving etc..' whereupon I'm often waiting for the right person to contact or a reply from a message I've sent.

Generally these days I'll delete their message or ignore it, can't be bothered to get in some sort of dialogue.

I normally start by thanking them for their message and compliments and then explain they are not what I am looking for.

It costs nothing to be nice and curtious x

1st message don't respond if guy/CPL fit into criteria

2nd message "No Thanks"

3rd message use your imagination and option available n Fab

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

Be polite, honest and wish them happy swinging. If they are polite as well, they will accept it.

By *p230Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"Just a polite " I'm currently meeting with someone else" is an easy way out.

x

If you've put a meet up, you can still get more messages from the same person. I often use I have friends around, family coming but still get 'when are they leaving etc..' whereupon I'm often waiting for the right person to contact or a reply from a message I've sent.

Generally these days I'll delete their message or ignore it, can't be bothered to get in some sort of dialogue."

Unfortunately some peoe are extremely thick skinned & can't take a hint, that's when you have to use the block option.

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

An honest conversation is best ... we like people being candid. If you can't be open and free about this scene .. it is a bit sad.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We usually just say "thanks for the interest but you're not what we're looking for" and with them all the best. Nobody yet has ever responded with a rude comment.

A few people have asked why, and we will generally explain nicely.

Cal

By *s.FrostWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You will get really tired of being nice and responding to everyone.

Block and delete.

Problem solved.

Us chaps on here need to understand that we outnumber the women by 100's to 1.

Rejection is very common and needs to be respected. Politeness and good conduct will get you a lot further.

send a nice no message, then block, its the only way

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

We tend to just not reply. Since blocking single men we haven't really had many issues with this!! We've had loads of couples wink us first or reply to a wink but when we message they delete!! Not sure what that's all about??

» Add a new message to this topic