FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meeting

Meeting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am supposed to be meeting a couple this evening but they haven’t been on line in a couple of days should I still go to the meeting place or not and no replies about if it’s still on

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Don’t think we would bother, if you don’t have their number and only messaging through Fab I would think it’s a no go, depends how far you have to travel and is it there place or hotel?

It’s about a half hour drive and I’ve not got there number

And thanks for the advice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have an alternative method of contacting, try that then if no reply, don't go. But I would send them a message on fab to say why you didn't go, just in case they report you.

We arranged a meet with a guy, weeks ahead of time, he was online on and off but never sent any messages to check we were still OK to go ahead so on the morning we sent him a message to ask if he was still going. As he didn't come online to check we hadn't cancelled him, we assumed he didn't care if we had cancelled, therefore we didn't go. Good call.

A couple hours after the meet time he messaged sorry he couldn't make it, he had friends visiting for last few days and they were still there. I was annoyed, just cos you have company doesn't mean you can't log in from the bathroom or from your bedroom to send us a message.

Just sent them a message letting them know why I’ve not gone and thanks for the great advice and I’d never cancel on you ??

If they haven't logged on they mustn't care if you've messaged to cancel and if they've had an emergency causing them to not even be able to log in then they wouldn't want you turning up anyway

That’s very true well I’m going to try and enjoy my evening and see who’s about

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I always insist on speaking to them on the day of the meet, either on fab or via another method. If they go offline I dont leave my house and message them to remind them why I haven't done so. Hope this helps OP. As for whether you should go to ighy, personally speaking, I wouldn't bother. X

Always try for a social first so you don't waste your time.

Let us know whether they reply and whether it was the right decision to not go

thats why we always get a phone number, atleast then you can ring or tx, hope it goes well

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Never travel to a meet without a contact number. If they won't chat on the phone or give out their number its highly unlikely they will turn up its all about two way trust and commitment.

» Add a new message to this topic