FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Do looks really matter?

Do looks really matter?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just wondering about your thoughts on whether looks are important to you or whether you prefer people with good personalities and looks don't matter?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A good mix of both here...

Looks to a degree... but personality can sway things greatly.. and has done!

Looks are the initial attraction.. but if a naf personality, then nothing is likely..

looks for deffo, im shallow lol well thats wot i get called wen i tell guys they aint my type.

but i guess a looker to me , may not be a looker to you... good job everyone has different taste xx

aint that was baggin was invented for? lol

Of course they do ....

I don't want to shag an ugly mother ..

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Of course they do ....

I don't want to shag an ugly mother .."

ahh nut one persons ugly mother is another persons mmmmm yes please .....

nope give me personality every time

By *icknDeeCouple  over a year ago

hartlepool

Dee and I have different views on this.

Dee thinks looks are important and she couldn't go with anyone she doesn't fancy.

I on the other hand find the experience and situation far more of a turn on. As such, looks arn't as important as being able to click with a lady...

Is that a general difference between men or woman, or just Dee and I?

Mick.

For Mrs Two2 looks are important. If we are looking long term then personality is also important but at a club where effectively a guy is a dildo with a pulse conversation etc is not essential

I am living proof that looks are not the most important thing many people look for, at 54 or most other times in my life I could never really be called good looking, but I get my fair share of fun and like to think that it is mostly down to personality and that I am "acceptable for my age" and not a total minger.

For us looks do come into the equation but a personality can put us off a stunning person or turn us on to someone who like me isn't the best of the crop.

well.......to a degree looks gotta come into it. But one person "yuk" is anothers "oh yeah baby"....cause what turns us all on in the first instance is how the other woman/man looks to us personally.....If a person has a great personality but we do not desire them physically.. we may chat for some time but on a sexual level it would go no further....to conclude (each to his own)... xx There is a space somewhere that a man and or woman click..but surely there has to be some physically attraction....for us to spark a conversation in the first place.

To us looks are foremost but they have to be coupled with a nice personality too.Initialy its always looks that attract,you can't see personality on a photo.

Not having a go here but it seems its often single guys that say looks aren't important which smacks of desperation a bit.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

I once travelled a very long way on public transport to spend the night with a woman and I'd never seen a pic of her just had a general description.

We had the most glorious time and she was just what I look for anyway

Regards

Harry Jones

"I once travelled a very long way on public transport to spend the night with a woman and I'd never seen a pic of her just had a general description.

Regards

Harry Jones"

Credit due,you've sure got some bottle. No way ever would we have a blind date.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

Or maybe desperation was part of the thought process...............only joking lol

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Are looks important?

If the situation is pre-arranged then yes, always… but they still can’t be a twat attitude wise.

If the situation is spontaneous then not always… as the situation is usually charged with horniness. However, I would need to feel some form of attraction to kiss or do stuff to them.

In some situations I care not what they look like as I don’t look… the arousal is purely the situation and the sensation of the physical contact.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I once travelled a very long way on public transport to spend the night with a woman and I'd never seen a pic of her just had a general description.

Regards

Harry Jones"

She was lucky to get you Harry x

personality i think

I think looks are important, only to a point though, of course personality is more important on the whole, attractiveness comes in many forms, so long as there is something there then all is ok, imo.

W

Def personality, id rather have a evening with someone you could have a good conversation with and a laugh. Laughter is the way into my knickers lol

"Def personality, id rather have a evening with someone you could have a good conversation with and a laugh. Laughter is the way into my knickers lol"

I can show you my pecker, you will laugh then. ;-0

W

Forum Mod

Initially looks are what attract me,but personality will win everytime

If we're lucky enough to meet people with both then woo hoo what a bonus! lol

all over the place

quote.

Not having a go here but it seems its often single guys that say looks aren't important which smacks of desperation a bit.

------------------------------------

Thats a bit of a stereotype unfortunately but i can see why you think that .

As a single guy not all of us are desperate for sex. Probably more than you think can actually be selective,especially as men get more experienced and lose that manic flush of youth..lol...

So many men in there profile suggest meeting for a drink first,i suggest its not just to look at the cover.

I definitely do not want to go with a cold hearted bitch with no interest in me personally.

Friendship ,intelligence being kind hearted are far more important traits to me than looks (especially as the media led stereotype of "good looking" is so far away from reality) ...

I love a woman or couple to be good looking on the inside first.

Dont lump us all together please ...ta

"quote.

As a single guy not all of us are desperate for sex. Probably more than you think can actually be selective,especially as men get more experienced and lose that manic flush of youth..lol...

So many men in there profile suggest meeting for a drink first,i suggest its not just to look at the cover.

I definitely do not want to go with a cold hearted bitch with no interest in me personally.

Friendship ,intelligence being kind hearted are far more important traits to me than looks (especially as the media led stereotype of "good looking" is so far away from reality) ...

"

PD,

I think the clue is in the use of the word "seems" which is a bit of a stretch from an accusation.

If you take a look at your profile it says looks/size/age/race are not important and you also specify you will meet folk from 18 - 60.

The cynic could look at that and on the face of it form an opinion that you will have sex with anyone. You counter that with a well written profile which dispels that theory but there are loads of others out there who have not, maybe another of those blurred edge things being discussed in another thread.

all over the place

"quote.

PD,

I think the clue is in the use of the word "seems" which is a bit of a stretch from an accusation.

If you take a look at your profile it says looks/size/age/race are not important and you also specify you will meet folk from 18 - 60.

The cynic could look at that and on the face of it form an opinion that you will have sex with anyone. You counter that with a well written profile which dispels that theory but there are loads of others out there who have not, maybe another of those blurred edge things being discussed in another thread. "

nahhh i did not take it as a accusation as such, more an observation ...i am not pissed off in anyway, its just pointing out that the Stereotype of any group is not necessarily the reality ...agree about the blurring .

we both share differing views on this one marc goes for looks he always says if he aint attracted to the fem he aint going to get it up lol but a good looking woman with a bad personality has also put him off before where as donna never really goes for looks she just likes a good convosation and a laugh so long as she is respected all works out good

looks and personality are both important good looking to one person may not be good looking to another it all depends on what you are atracted to .we feel you should be happy in your self don't worry about others and do your thing ,and mostly have fun thats what it's all about at the end of the day you will always find people who will make not so nice remarks but rise above it , we met a couple once whose moto was you alway have to look at the mantel peice when your poking the fire ,maybe thats true !!!! take care and have fun j n g xxx

Having a face only a mother could love and a personality to match i might as well give up now lol

Craig xx

We were at a little gathering last night... (Sat Night) and it would be somewhat fair to say it had a completely mixed bag of people there..

20's to 60's Slim to Big.. people from just about all walks from what we gathered.. (250+ people we reckon) but those that people may think were the best looking maybe in the conventional sense.. weren't the ones having the best time lol.. some were very very busy and having a ball.. while others, sat back waiting to get chatted up and didn't...

Attitude goes a long way lol.... and one thing is for sure.. Looks fade!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

ok, well have to say if someone is a lovely person then that makes them good looking as there inner person shines through, equally if someone is not nice natured then i would find them unappealing.

If however, i was in a club and never going to see the person again then they would have to be easy on the eye but long term personality

To most its looks but i like someone with a good personality, someone who can make me laugh and most of all be true and honest ! xxx

to me there has to be a mixture of both, seeing as on here you don't really know people you have never met you can only got by profile and pics so i think looks come first, if i saw a pic and really did'nt find them attractive i would'nt message them, but if i did message them and after talking really did'nt like their personality i would'nt go no further, so for me it has to be a good balance of looks and personality

As we said earlier,you can't see personality on photo's.Therefore if everyone was honest we're all attracted by looks.Which is why the first thing most people do is look at the photo's,we do.Also why many,including us,ignore profiles without them.

Its only when you've made contact with someone that you get some idea about their personality and that will,of course, influence your decision to meet.So personality may well be the deciding factor, however looks are what prompt the initial contact.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

Have chatted to various couples in the past who state they don't need to feel any form of physical attraction to hook up and play.

Definitely not for us & don't know about you guys but that thought sends a scary shudder down my spine whenever I think about it.

"I was just wondering about your thoughts on whether looks are important to you or whether you prefer people with good personalities and looks don't matter?"

We have to fancy the ppl we meet, a bit, so that we enjoy the fun we have..

I may sound shallow but physical attraction is of paramount importance to me. It helps if someone has a great personality too as it does enable you to have a good luagh with them and it's easier to chat with them. Though at the end of the day your having sex with the physical body and not the inner personality.

I can't remember ever looking around a room and saying WOW, look at her she has a great personality...physical attraction is what strikes me first but personality is very important too.

I have never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but have woken up with a few...but that is the power of alcohol for you!!!

"I may sound shallow but physical attraction is of paramount importance to me. It helps if someone has a great personality too as it does enable you to have a good luagh with them and it's easier to chat with them. Though at the end of the day your having sex with the physical body and not the inner personality.

I can't remember ever looking around a room and saying WOW, look at her she has a great personality...physical attraction is what strikes me first but personality is very important too."

i agree, i cudnt meet and play with a guy if he has a face like a bag of spanners , lol

p.s hello gothica xxxxx no choccy for us today lol xx

"I have never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but have woken up with a few...but that is the power of alcohol for you!!!"

pmsfl

Well me insides are lovely, im just waiting for the outside to catch up. lmao

on a serious note, a guy who can make me laugh and feel special be it for a short while is far more attractive than some rippling adonis with no brains .

the look can be that twinkle in the eye, the cheeky smile, the confidence. etc.

to each his own eh .

Forum Mod

Oh yes the twinkle in someones eye is always a good thing lol

By *teve_SoleilCouple  over a year ago

Malaysia

Looks more important...could not mind about personality...if it's a one time thing...but looks are subjective anyway and so would personalty...people might not find us attractive...:D...but we do..:D...

hmm id say personality for me everytime , i mean to a degree yeah looks are important , but for me they would have to be exceptionally ugly , im not a desperate guy if thats what your thinking its just for me i like to get on with the person or people , otherwise its not going to happen .

"on a serious note, a guy who can make me laugh and feel special be it for a short while is far more attractive than some rippling adonis with no brains.

the look can be that twinkle in the eye, the cheeky smile, the confidence. etc.

to each his own eh ."

Personally i would look for these kind of things in someone with whom i wanted a proper relationship with.

When it comes to NSA sex it 's not such an important criteria. I would have already spent time chatting to someone before meeting and if i didn't find them to be good company i wouldn't meet! I just couldn't be intimate with someone i wasn't attracted to.

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

Do looks really matter?

I think the number of threads dedicated to 'pics or no pics' proves that, for some people, looks really, REALLY matter.

By *iggles and BeardyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

If a guy can't make wiggles laugh, he is geting nowhere regardles of how he looks..

For us, yes of course there has to be some sort of physical attraction, but that is all pointless if there is no connection other than looks. There have been ocassions when initially we thought one or the other of us (or both) didn't particularly fancy someone but after chatting a few times the attraction changed and we ended up having a great time. Of course it works both ways, not everyone can fancy everyone but for sure the ability to chat and have a laugh is just as important as looks .... for us anyway lol xxx

think for us its looks and sexual chemistry mixed with good personality.......but bottom line is the sexual chemistry !

I have to like the look of someone before I want them but that is true of many folk, if I was looking for something more ie relationship then I would be taking time to get to know someone and their personality etc would come into the equation .

By *arryJones1975Man  over a year ago

ely

Regards

Harry Jones

She was lucky to get you Harry x"

Awww thanks Polo xx

By *icekatCouple  over a year ago

north east

To me looks and personality are = in importance but sometimes a person personality will win me over.

Kat

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"A good mix of both here...

Looks to a degree... but personality can sway things greatly.. and has done!

Looks are the initial attraction.. but if a naf personality, then nothing is likely.."

Totally agree with Notts x x x

By *irtyduoCouple  over a year ago

nr stirling

for us looks to begin with as thats what attracts before you actually have a conservation, but we like both, looks&personalitis!! altho if sum1 was drop dead gorgeous and had a horrid personality then we wouldnt entertain them but if sum1 was ok looking and had a fantastic personality then we would go for it lol!!!

makes sense????????????????????lol x

nice tits and ass help ,, after all you dont look at the mantle piece when ya pokin the fire

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Definitely gotta be attracted to someone before I can have fun with them. They've also got to have a nice personality too.

We're so damn choosey lol

"I was just wondering about your thoughts on whether looks are important to you or whether you prefer people with good personalities and looks don't matter?"

Must be some attraction, swinging is not a charity...

"nice tits and ass help ,, after all you dont look at the mantle piece when ya pokin the fire "

Lets hope your cetral heating is in good order lol... you might get cold.

By *raventwoCouple  over a year ago

manchester

There has gotta be chemistry of some kind...what we hate is people who dont have an honest representation of themselves online.....say they are one thing and turn up looking like shrek and fiona....don't do pity sex...we're in it for good horny fun with peeps who turn us on

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Webcams are your friend here. We never meet without having spoken on cam.

i think if we're going to be honest we all go for looks first, first thing most of us do is look at pics and if there is'nt any ask for them, for me it has to be a good mix of looks and personality, but if im going to be honest, they can be the nicest person i have ever met if i don't find them attractive i wont play, good personality does not sway it for me lol

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Lasy year I rejected a guy on looks.

He recontacted me this year and we chatted and laughed so muc. I then asked him for a face pic, which he sent with the words, here goes nothing, I looked and realised who he was.

After meeting up for a coffee we had such a good chemistry between us, the sex is brill and he has really grown on my.

So I say looks aren't that important, personality and the ability to make me laugh definately are!

Sorry to burst some bubbles here but girls, you can look like the girl of my dreams with a body to match but if you ain't got the personality you ain't got a chance of getting into my boxers.

Now I know I am a skinny old git who was the cause of the "ugly tree" saying but that doesn't matter, enough people want to play with me to make me happy, I am much happier that it obviously because they like my personality than if I had got a superb physique was younger and better looking, for me it is a bigger compliment.

Looks are important to me when choosing partners but personality is the deciding factor.

jed

all over the place

two good posts above ...nice to know there are others who feel the same.

PD

By *issladytreatsCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

i think there has to be some attraction between ppl when they meet and personality is a must i dont like ppl who love them selvs etha ..but hay its all abt having hot naughty fun and what is ugly to some is beautifull to others xx

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

I haven't always been as well developed as i feel i am today with all honesty admitted... But these adult years have really opened my mind and consciousness to new found glory and understandings...

I find that a connection can be found both mentally, and physically, so looks are very important if the brain/personality connection is a weak one. But that said i can now-a-days find something beautiful in most things i see, read or hear, and the same is said for people too.

I mean just because i don't connect with someone on a topic does not mean for example... Our sexual innuendo's will be the same, or our chemistry inside the bed room. I think looks are less important but they do also build lust sometimes... & that can be something worth playing with (Not staying with lol)

Well my work here is done :P lol

Uni work for the rest of the day... talk soon x

Peace

xx

"Lasy year I rejected a guy on looks.

He recontacted me this year and we chatted and laughed so muc. I then asked him for a face pic, which he sent with the words, here goes nothing, I looked and realised who he was.

After meeting up for a coffee we had such a good chemistry between us, the sex is brill and he has really grown on my.

So I say looks aren't that important, personality and the ability to make me laugh definately are!"

now looking at this thread from the other end of the scale, if i was that guy you turned down due to looks and then you wanted to meet me later on because you had spoken to me i would have told you to bog off lol..mean that in the nicest way lol

I have had that so many times, i used to be a size 22 and noone wanted to play with me, i went to many social functions and made many freinds thro swinging, and they all saw me as the same, the nice fat woman, lovely to talk to but you would'nt shag her lol and i had a few tell me that and well the fact noone ever asked me to play i think the others action spoke louder than words, they i joined weight watchers, joined the gym and lost nearly 8 stone going down to a size 10/12 and it was amazing howe many people who had no interest in me before suddenly started chatting to me with slightly more interest than they had ever before and the amount of people i had known for years that started asking if i wanted to meet, my asnwer was always the same......no, so people do judge you on looks and i know that from first hand experience, im the same person i've always been no matter what size i was so if it wasn't the way i look befor why noone wanted to play with me, well what was it?

well said xxxxx

"Lasy year I rejected a guy on looks.

So I say looks aren't that important, personality and the ability to make me laugh definately are!

now looking at this thread from the other end of the scale, if i was that guy you turned down due to looks and then you wanted to meet me later on because you had spoken to me i would have told you to bog off lol..mean that in the nicest way lol

I have had that so many times, i used to be a size 22 and noone wanted to play with me, i went to many social functions and made many freinds thro swinging, and they all saw me as the same, the nice fat woman, lovely to talk to but you would'nt shag her lol and i had a few tell me that and well the fact noone ever asked me to play i think the others action spoke louder than words, they i joined weight watchers, joined the gym and lost nearly 8 stone going down to a size 10/12 and it was amazing howe many people who had no interest in me before suddenly started chatting to me with slightly more interest than they had ever before and the amount of people i had known for years that started asking if i wanted to meet, my asnwer was always the same......no, so people do judge you on looks and i know that from first hand experience, im the same person i've always been no matter what size i was so if it wasn't the way i look befor why noone wanted to play with me, well what was it?"

good on ya, i hope u have a huge grin on yr face wen u say no to those who are now interested but wasn't then xx

By *raginghormonesCouple  over a year ago

whitehaven

You look at the face pics if you like, I'll just check out the ones of his cock, that's all I'm looking for! Providing he's got a nice decent sized cock, if he's too ugly to face he can take me doggy so I don't have to look. A personality is a must though, I enjoy the chat and a giggle while we wait for him to recover for round 2 (or 3 or 4 or .....).

I suppose if he was really grotesque then it would put me off. I'll have to tell J if he ever hooks me up with Quasimodo not to let me know, but just make sure I'm wearing a blindfold before he lets him in the house.

» Add a new message to this topic