FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Fitting in

Fitting in

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anny369 OP   Man  over a year ago

bolton

So I've been on here a couple months now and like many single men it's not the easiest for me but I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if my profile is the problem. Do people have any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Add some more photos, add some more information about yourself. Check all the information about yourself e.g. age is all correct.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Completely with you on this one, you can sit there and think of what to put for 10 minutes just to be ignored.

bolton

Thanks I'll try adding more, I know the information is right

bolton

Feels like I need to change something if I want any luck

By *he MuffinmanMan  over a year ago

West Gloucestershire

"Feels like I need to change something if I want any luck "

Try having a nice big smile on your profile pic….. may help???

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Feels like I need to change something if I want any luck "

Your profile is sparse to say the least.

Men far outnumber women, so your profile needs to make any woman who looks at it want to get to know you.

Think of your profile as your shop window.

As it stands, I know it's telling me nothing more than your basic bio.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Think of your profile as a shop window (we all know how much women like to shop)

Does your window dressing entice them it...to want to see more??

bolton

"Feels like I need to change something if I want any luck

Men far outnumber women, so your profile needs to make any woman who looks at it want to get to know you.

As it stands, I know it's telling me nothing more than your basic bio."

I've been looking at it like the first message is enough but I see your right, my only issue is I don't want to bore people with my life story

bolton

"Think of your profile as a shop window (we all know how much women like to shop)

Does your window dressing entice them it...to want to see more??"

What sort of things would you expect to see in this window?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Think of your profile as a shop window (we all know how much women like to shop)

What sort of things would you expect to see in this window?"

Pics that leave something to the imagination...open shirt, unbuttoned trousers etc...teasing shots x

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I've been looking at it like the first message is enough but I see your right, my only issue is I don't want to bore people with my life story "

Many people check out the profile before opening, or deciding whether to open the message

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Read a few of the posts from single men who have been given advice on their profiles. . There are lots of good pointers. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who could be looking for a single man and what they'd like to know. Plus what will get you to stand out from others.

Likewise pics - they have to feel attracted to you and thus need to see the physical form that they may shag with.

bolton

What sort of things would you expect to see in this window?

Pics that leave something to the imagination...open shirt, unbuttoned trousers etc...teasing shots x"

Thanks, I'll definitely make some changes like this

bolton

I've been looking at it like the first message is enough but I see your right, my only issue is I don't want to bore people with my life story

Many people check out the profile before opening, or deciding whether to open the message"

So I'm more likely to attract woman than bore them if my profiles longer?

bolton

"Read a few of the posts from single men who have been given advice on their profiles. . There are lots of good pointers. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who could be looking for a single man and what they'd like to know. Plus what will get you to stand out from others.

Likewise pics - they have to feel attracted to you and thus need to see the physical form that they may shag with. "

I didn't think of it this way, thanks for making me realise it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

op you need to realize as long as the men out number the women as the do now by a silly % it will always be super hard for men ...unless your prepaird to grab the lifestyle and stand out even then its not going to be easy ...if i was a single guy id be trying the clubs to get known then get some veris then maybe the doors will open..

2 months is nothing some guys take years to get there first meet alot never gat a meet ever ... the odds are highly stacked against men...good luck

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Guys probably out number Women by 100-1 on here so you really need to stand out to even stand an ounce of a chance.

You profile is currently as generic as the majority of guys on here.

By *exy swingerMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

What do people do who have a physical disability/ impairment that’s led to a change to their body?

Doesn’t change who they are as a person but so many people on here are more interested in the cover of the book than the pages on the inside.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"What do people do who have a physical disability/ impairment that’s led to a change to their body?

Doesn’t change who they are as a person but so many people on here are more interested in the cover of the book than the pages on the inside."

Accept that some people are just looking for some additional fun, and as such their preferences may mean they will over look those people who don’t fit their fantasy.

Try not to let it define who you are. Show people that you can live a full and exciting life. Get out to clubs and events so people can see how it does or doesn't affect you, but always remember no one owes you anything.

Lastly if you are looking for a relationship, you may have better luck on other sites.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"So I've been on here a couple months now and like many single men it's not the easiest for me but I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if my profile is the problem. Do people have any advice?

"

Hello OP

Firstly, you will need to accept some facts. Some people on here will have zero interest in meeting with you simply because of your age. Others will be rude to you because they are dismissive of your right to meet your way. Don't get into arguements over it; the world has changed and how people meet today is different to how it was 10 years ago, let alone 30 or 40. There is nothing you can do about your age, so don't fret. You shouldn't look on it as a negative, because for some potential meets your age is a selling point.

Concentrate on finding the people that would like to meet a young man like you. Refine your search by ticking the "I must match their age requirements too" box. Also refine your search by age, distance etc. There is no point contacting people hundreds of miles away given your travel restrictions.

Once you have those search results READ their profiles. It's such basic advice but so few follow it. Don't bother messaging those whose profile you don't meet. If it says they are looking for something that doesn't match who you are then that's not you so don't waste your time or theirs.

Consider how you approach people, don't just write 'Hi', 'Fancy a chat' or any other generic one liner, It WILL get you ignored. Messaging like that doesn't work on Fab like it does with instant messaging services. Can you imagine writing Hi, waiting three days and then getting a msg back saying hi, to which you reply how are you and have to wait another three or four days for a reply? If you followed the advice above and read the persons profile then there should be some common ground to write about. Never be so crude as to send messages like 'Hey im free monday. Wanna come to my place and let me use that pussy?' You wouldn't say that sort of thing in person, so don't say it online.

Now, providing you have sent a message that will entice them to look further they will 99% of the time look at your profile before responding. So now you have to sell yourself. Why do you think people should be interested in meeting with you?

Write something about you, what you have to offer, what your limits are etc. Basically - make people interested in you. As a single guy you are already fighting an uphill battle; as a young guy too your battle isn't uphill, its practically up a cliff! That doesn't mean you won't have any luck, but you really need your profile to make the best possible first impression.

Dick pics are not the way to promote yourself, especially not as a profile pic if your trying to show your maturity. Everyone knows what a dick looks like, and believe it or not very few people actually want to look at row upon row of cocks when they look at a profile page. Your probably better off to leave your dick pics in your private file, if someone really wants to see it they will ask. Smiling face pics are invaluable. Next time it's a lovely day, get out and take some selfies somewhere nice and somewhere local, sometimes the location of the pic could be a starting point to a conversation. Maybe the Fred Dibnah statue, the Town Hall, Queens Park, or any other local landmark would be a good backdrop.

However your profile is not everything. Getting involved with the forums and the chatroom are both great ways of getting to know people with no pressure and no first time nerves. Rather than relying on a message, show your maturity and join in conversations, you never know someone might take an interest and take it further.

Finally, Get off the site and meet people socially or try a club. You could always sign up to an organised social, where you may meet many people from the area, and perhaps make a better impression face to face than via the Internet. It might be a little nerve wracking the first time, but what harm can having a coffee or a pint with a stranger really do?

Some will give you a chance, some won't, but we wish you luck

» Add a new message to this topic