FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Exhibitionism and Self-Confidence

Exhibitionism and Self-Confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *epper123 OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

Is there a link? On another thread, a poster stated that the reason I don't have a lot of photos on show is because I don't have body confidence. For me, it's more about not needing validation from others .... my OH is a total exhibitionist, but he doesn't seek validation from others. In fact I am not sure there is a correlation either way .... What do others think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

For me - it depends on the circumstances and who I am with as to whether I'm extroverted or confident . Naturally - I'm quiet and a little introverted.

Some of my friends disagree about this - they think I'm confident etc

By *uiet confidenceMan  over a year ago

Warrington

I think I agree OP - I have my exhibitionist side that gets off on being watched having sex in a club, but that doesn't extend to posting dozens of public photos on my profile.

And yes, I'm conscious that my physique isn't quite what it could/should be, but I'm certainly not overly conscious to the point of having hang-ups about it and am pretty happy in my own skin. I just don't want loads of public photos showing!

So to summarise, I believe there may be a link between exhibitionism and positive body image, but the number of profile pics is just individual choice.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think there is a connection for some people and not for others. Some people have body confidence and are exhibitionists, others have body confidence and couldn't care less about other people, and still others have body confidence and are seeking validation/confirmation. Same goes for those without body confidence - some seek validation, some hide away, and some simply don't care.

So I don't think there is a correlation. Maybe some people just like other people enjoying pictures of them and some don't. Seems simple enough to me.

By *epper123 OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

"I think there is a connection for some people and not for others. Some people have body confidence and are exhibitionists, others have body confidence and couldn't care less about other people, and still others have body confidence and are seeking validation/confirmation. Same goes for those without body confidence - some seek validation, some hide away, and some simply don't care.

So I don't think there is a correlation. Maybe some people just like other people enjoying pictures of them and some don't. Seems simple enough to me."

It was a bit of a curve ball when someone suggested that the reason I don't have pictures is because I am not confident about my body .... I never assume everyone thinks the same as I do, nor do I dismiss or judge others (I try not to anyway) .... interested in opinions here

in the real world I am an introvert and can be shy with people I don't know very well...

on here I can express myself through my pictures but that's not to say I'm all talk as those who know me well will know I walk the walk too

I have total body confidence as I think I look so much better than I did in my 20's, 30's and even 40's and I am happy to show that off

See for me I dont have body confidence, thats the reason I do have quite a few pictures, I want people to see what they will be getting if that makes sense?!

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Apart from my brother taking a few pics of me when I was 20 I hadn't had any pics taken of me until I met men on here and another site, I was surprised that I didn't look as bad as I thought I did, I don't worry too much about how I look though its just to show me enjoying sex. If no one liked them at all I don't suppose there would be much point in putting them on here though.

» Add a new message to this topic