FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Irregular bleeding

Irregular bleeding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Second attempt at the mini pill because of my age and health issues (very little else suits me). And aside from the weight gain migraines and acne the worst part is the Irregular bleeding. It is ruining my sex life.

I tried this pill before and gave up after 3 months as the bleeding got so bad. This time it isn't as bad but I am spotting for 2 weeks at a time and then off it for 10 days and then back on.

GP has told me it will take 6 months to settle down and then I should have no more periods at all which will be blissful.

Just wanted a rant xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im having the exact same problem with the mini pill.

Its driving me insane.

Im going to go to doctors this week regarding it.

Argh

Is it cerazette

Micronor

Well I hope u get sorted.... I'm fed up now x

"Is it cerazette"

I had cerazette and once it settled down it worked really well and i had no bleeding unless i forgot to take it for a day.

I know this is a female issue but thought I'd share what little knowledge I have on this subject. One of my exes used to suffer from same thing and acupuncture sorted it out. She'd Go for treatment and menstral cycle would start same day. Worked every time and always bleed free for weekend

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Steph had this issue whilst starting out on the Depo injections. It took a good 6 months before things settled out. We also have a friend who's been on the mini pill for about 3 months. Her bleeding is only just becoming more regular. Sticking with it seems to be the best option, sadly!

I have problems with irregular bleeding a lot lately more so when I was last on the pill. The only thing that stops them totally and might also work for you is the implant. Having mine put back in at the end of the month and can't wait xx

I have the copper coil now as over the years Ive tried the injection, the pill and the implant. I feel so much better for not having hormones in me. You do bleed but im lucky mine settled into routine quite quick and arent too heavy x

"I know this is a female issue but thought I'd share what little knowledge I have on this subject. One of my exes used to suffer from same thing and acupuncture sorted it out. She'd Go for treatment and menstral cycle would start same day. Worked every time and always bleed free for weekend "

Nice to know and funnily enough I've had reflexology do the same thing before. Atm my problem isn't starting.... it's fecking stopping!!!!

"Steph had this issue whilst starting out on the Depo injections. It took a good 6 months before things settled out. We also have a friend who's been on the mini pill for about 3 months. Her bleeding is only just becoming more regular. Sticking with it seems to be the best option, sadly! "

Yes I think that I either have to put up with it and assess it at your months or stop and admit that hormonal contraception isn't for me.

I don't want to have a coil fitted as it is far too invasive and most of my friends have had issues getting them removed. And due to medical history many other types of hormonal contraception is not suitable.

I use condoms for meets anyway but when I next get into a relationship I may end up needing the fella to get snipped at this rate!!!

By *emini1637Woman  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I have a similar issue on the implant this time but I use'softcups' if I've got a meet planned! Saves me cancelling and can still have fun.

I'm not aloud on the pill due to medical problems ,but when I was younger I had problems on the mini pill so came of it ,and now take nothing and let nature take its course ....

"

I don't want to have a coil fitted as it is far too invasive and most of my friends have had issues getting them removed. And due to medical history many other types of hormonal contraception is not suitable.

"

Each to their own but I didnt find it that invasive similar to ti having a smear and I haven't had it removed yet but wont have to worry about that for 5 years there is one for ten so i think for length of time its worth it .

"I have a similar issue on the implant this time but I use'softcups' if I've got a meet planned! Saves me cancelling and can still have fun. "

I used to have a diaphragm but I found that too big or vigorous a play mate and it would become dislodged. What brand of soft cups do u use.

I've used beppy's before but find them a nightmare to get out.

By *emini1637Woman  over a year ago

Warwickshire

"I have a similar issue on the implant this time but I use'softcups' if I've got a meet planned! Saves me cancelling and can still have fun.

I used to have a diaphragm but I found that too big or vigorous a play mate and it would become dislodged. What brand of soft cups do u use.

I've used beppy's before but find them a nightmare to get out."

I bought mine online they are softcup.com! Only used a couple of times but each time the guy said he could feel it but not uncomfortable and never lost one or had it moved x

i useed to be on cileste til i hit 50 then got told i had to come off it - risks etc - i knew to the hour when i would be on so wasnt pleased- they said well you wont need if for much longer anyway and my argument was well it wont make much difference then - will it ggrrrr - so anyway came of it tried a couple of others - none suited so i just came off it - still fairly regular (not to the hour though ) - any reason to stay on it?

"i useed to be on cileste til i hit 50 then got told i had to come off it - risks etc - i knew to the hour when i would be on so wasnt pleased- they said well you wont need if for much longer anyway and my argument was well it wont make much difference then - will it ggrrrr - so anyway came of it tried a couple of others - none suited so i just came off it - still fairly regular (not to the hour though ) - any reason to stay on it?"

Its a shame they won't have a bit more leeway for you regarding it !

I know i was put on the mini pill rather than the ordinary pill due to my age plus i am over weight and have high bp although thats treated. They let me stay on it till i was about 53. I only came off it cus i needed hrt to control the menopause symptons.

"i useed to be on cileste til i hit 50 then got told i had to come off it - risks etc - i knew to the hour when i would be on so wasnt pleased- they said well you wont need if for much longer anyway and my argument was well it wont make much difference then - will it ggrrrr - so anyway came of it tried a couple of others - none suited so i just came off it - still fairly regular (not to the hour though ) - any reason to stay on it?

I know i was put on the mini pill rather than the ordinary pill due to my age plus i am over weight and have high bp although thats treated. They let me stay on it till i was about 53. I only came off it cus i needed hrt to control the menopause symptons. "

i know tell me about it - i was more than a tad miffed and told them too - my body my choice but hey -

"i useed to be on cileste til i hit 50 then got told i had to come off it - risks etc - i knew to the hour when i would be on so wasnt pleased- they said well you wont need if for much longer anyway and my argument was well it wont make much difference then - will it ggrrrr - so anyway came of it tried a couple of others - none suited so i just came off it - still fairly regular (not to the hour though ) - any reason to stay on it?

I know i was put on the mini pill rather than the ordinary pill due to my age plus i am over weight and have high bp although thats treated. They let me stay on it till i was about 53. I only came off it cus i needed hrt to control the menopause symptons.

i know tell me about it - i was more than a tad miffed and told them too - my body my choice but hey - "

I had a similar problem with being given my hrt. Last year i had a bit of a health problem which meant i had to stop taking the hrt. However i suffered really badly with awful hot flushes meaning i had to take several changes of clothes to work with me. The health problem turned out ok so it was ok for me to go back on it however my bp was a little high ... due to the stress as its always fine when i take it at home. The nurse refused to prescribe it for me. I was in despair. I saw one of the docs instead who knows my bp goes up at appointments and he did prescribe the hrt for me. Life is back to normal thank goodness ... sorry i waffled lol

"Second attempt at the mini pill because of my age and health issues (very little else suits me). And aside from the weight gain migraines and acne the worst part is the Irregular bleeding. It is ruining my sex life.

I tried this pill before and gave up after 3 months as the bleeding got so bad. This time it isn't as bad but I am spotting for 2 weeks at a time and then off it for 10 days and then back on.

GP has told me it will take 6 months to settle down and then I should have no more periods at all which will be blissful.

Just wanted a rant xx"

I will get shouted down for this but had a hysterectomy at 40 best operation ever need to be careful for 6 months but never regretted it

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

I honestly read the thread title as 'Irregular Breeding' and was very curious as to its content.

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I had the same problem when I started on Cerelle. First month was fine then the next two were bleeding off and on with no set timescale. It settled down by the third month and has been fine ever since.

"Second attempt at the mini pill because of my age and health issues (very little else suits me). And aside from the weight gain migraines and acne the worst part is the Irregular bleeding. It is ruining my sex life.

Just wanted a rant xx I will get shouted down for this but had a hysterectomy at 40 best operation ever need to be careful for 6 months but never regretted it"

I'd love one but no kids and no relationship atm so the gp won't incase I change my mind.

"I honestly read the thread title as 'Irregular Breeding' and was very curious as to its content."
he he

"Steph had this issue whilst starting out on the Depo injections. It took a good 6 months before things settled out. We also have a friend who's been on the mini pill for about 3 months. Her bleeding is only just becoming more regular. Sticking with it seems to be the best option, sadly!

Yes I think that I either have to put up with it and assess it at your months or stop and admit that hormonal contraception isn't for me.

I use condoms for meets anyway but when I next get into a relationship I may end up needing the fella to get snipped at this rate!!!"

Why don't you get sterilised?

Just wanted a rant xx I will get shouted down for this but had a hysterectomy at 40 best operation ever need to be careful for 6 months but never regretted it

I'd love one but no kids and no relationship atm so the gp won't incase I change my mind."

Oh right,no kids yet. You'll have to find someone who has his own or doesn't want any.

Or have one then get sterilised.

Just wanted a rant xx I will get shouted down for this but had a hysterectomy at 40 best operation ever need to be careful for 6 months but never regretted it

I'd love one but no kids and no relationship atm so the gp won't incase I change my mind."

Sorry to hear that try the approach of it is ruining your life GPs' are a pain sometimes

i know tell me about it - i was more than a tad miffed and told them too - my body my choice but hey -

I had a similar problem with being given my hrt. Last year i had a bit of a health problem which meant i had to stop taking the hrt. However i suffered really badly with awful hot flushes meaning i had to take several changes of clothes to work with me. The health problem turned out ok so it was ok for me to go back on it however my bp was a little high ... due to the stress as its always fine when i take it at home. The nurse refused to prescribe it for me. I was in despair. I saw one of the docs instead who knows my bp goes up at appointments and he did prescribe the hrt for me. Life is back to normal thank goodness ... sorry i waffled lol"

white coat syndrome - very common xx

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I have suffered eitb painful & heavy periods since I was 11. At 19 I was diagnosed with endometriosis which feeds off oestrogen so could only have low oestrogen pills. Cileste worked really well for me - I was every 28 days like clockwork - until last October.

I've been for scans which show a cyst on left ovary. I'm currently taking Norethisterone 5mg twice a day (was 3 times but had to reduce) but only have about 4 weeks left & I have to stop taking it as I'm high risk for cervical, womb & ovarian cancer. It has stopped all bleeding.

I have hospital appt in Sept to see about hysterectomy

Good luck Mrs x

» Add a new message to this topic