FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Dreadlocks

Dreadlocks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andsome_Chef88 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

For people who have or like dreadlocks and if it is an aphrodisiac for some. All are welcome to put their input on how they perceive dreadlocks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

"For people who have or like dreadlocks and if it is an aphrodisiac for some. All are welcome to put their input on how they perceive dreadlocks"

Short dreads aren’t that bad but I still really dislike them. Long dreads I absolutely despise. They look (in my opinion) really untidy and unclean.

Much prefer braids as they are a lot neater and prettier

Mrs

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

Isn’t an aphrodisiac something you consume? I can’t stomach the thought of eating hair.

Dreadlocks can look ‘cool’ on some people but if it’s on a grungy-looking stoner then I don’t find them attractive.

Lou x

London

It all depends on how there kept to be honest. Not all dreads look untidy. Yes they start out that way but I retwist every fortnight(unless work have me tied up) but there’s hairdresser out there that do styles with them retwist and use natural oils to keep it smelling and looking fresh.

It’s your opinion which I am happy to listen to but not all dreads look natty and untidy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nor seen any that look cool. Sorry but most look like they are infested with nits

London

"Nor seen any that look cool. Sorry but most look like they are infested with nits"

Question. Do mine look like it?

To be fair to maintain it look fresh and tidy it is a fair lot of work and money. I am lucky I have a family member and work colleague who can retwist so I am not forking out 60 quid just to get it retwisted

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

"It all depends on how there kept to be honest. Not all dreads look untidy. Yes they start out that way but I retwist every fortnight(unless work have me tied up) but there’s hairdresser out there that do styles with them retwist and use natural oils to keep it smelling and looking fresh.

It’s your opinion which I am happy to listen to but not all dreads look natty and untidy "

I am an ex hairdresser.

The problem is exactly that they take a lot of maintenance which people don’t realise. Most people don’t wash them regularly or with the correct products which causes ‘dread rot’ which is mould

By *ick_and_BickerCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It all depends on how there kept to be honest. Not all dreads look untidy. Yes they start out that way but I retwist every fortnight(unless work have me tied up) but there’s hairdresser out there that do styles with them retwist and use natural oils to keep it smelling and looking fresh.

It’s your opinion which I am happy to listen to but not all dreads look natty and untidy

I am an ex hairdresser.

The problem is exactly that they take a lot of maintenance which people don’t realise. Most people don’t wash them regularly or with the correct products which causes ‘dread rot’ which is mould"

I have a full head of 9 year old dreads. They get washed once a week with whatever shampoo is on offer and that’s it.

I used to get nits off my grandchildren regularly when I had regular hair, I don’t get them at all now.

I love ‘em.

London

I am an ex hairdresser.

The problem is exactly that they take a lot of maintenance which people don’t realise. Most people don’t wash them regularly or with the correct products which causes ‘dread rot’ which is mould

I have a full head of 9 year old dreads. They get washed once a week with whatever shampoo is on offer and that’s it.

I used to get nits off my grandchildren regularly when I had regular hair, I don’t get them at all now.

I love ‘em. "

By *uxomBloomsWoman  over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

Personally I'm not keen on dreds on white people as it smacks a little of cultural appropriation but more importantly our hair just isn't build for it. I quite like dreads on black people.

Nottingham

"Personally I'm not keen on dreds on white people as it smacks a little of cultural appropriation but more importantly our hair just isn't build for it. I quite like dreads on black people. "

Which culture am I appropriating? There are many that have deads and before combs and brushes, they were common. They are very handy as a pillow!

Nothing more beautiful than stroking some dreadlocks whilst been shagged, big turn on for me, be proud of your dreads young man, love and peace

"Personally I'm not keen on dreds on white people as it smacks a little of cultural appropriation but more importantly our hair just isn't build for it. I quite like dreads on black people. "

Wtf?????

Guess whose coming to dinner? Natty dread locks.

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

My knickers just fall off in the presence of a black guy with dreads. Beautiful.

Sx

Near Tunbridge Wells

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 09:16:19]

Near Tunbridge Wells

"Personally I'm not keen on dreds on white people as it smacks a little of cultural appropriation but more importantly our hair just isn't build for it. I quite like dreads on black people.

Which culture am I appropriating? There are many that have deads and before combs and brushes, they were common. They are very handy as a pillow!"

Oh I'm not speaking from any particularly knowledgeable stand point, just late night babbling of a gut feeling.

"Nor seen any that look cool. Sorry but most look like they are infested with nits

To be fair to maintain it look fresh and tidy it is a fair lot of work and money. I am lucky I have a family member and work colleague who can retwist so I am not forking out 60 quid just to get it retwisted "

yours are just baby dreads to us dreadlocks are longer

By *ittlesub4uWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I love how dreads look but completely agree that it’s only for black people. Being white and purposely dreadlocking your hair is cultural appropriation.

Some people say Vikings and Celts dreadlocked their hair but actually they plaited it and plaits look IMMENSELY different. Plaits are a kind of braid meant for white hair. Dreads are a kind of hair lock meant for black hair. The two are not the same and shouldn't be treated as such.

OP, yours look lovely x

Nottingham

"I love how dreads look but completely agree that it’s only for black people. Being white and purposely dreadlocking your hair is cultural appropriation.

Some people say Vikings and Celts dreadlocked their hair but actually they plaited it and plaits look IMMENSELY different. Plaits are a kind of braid meant for white hair. Dreads are a kind of hair lock meant for black hair. The two are not the same and shouldn't be treated as such.

OP, yours look lovely x"

Yours is the common view but not exactly true. Dreadlocks were so called when taken on by Rastafarians. There are many early carvings and drawings of Jews, Egyptians, Indians, indigenous Australians, Greeks and Germanic tribes all depicting locs but that list is endless.

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

Dear me, no. Immediate turnoff.

Sorry.

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

"Nor seen any that look cool. Sorry but most look like they are infested with nits

To be fair to maintain it look fresh and tidy it is a fair lot of work and money. I am lucky I have a family member and work colleague who can retwist so I am not forking out 60 quid just to get it retwisted "

I'm a big fan of dreads and loxs I have a few set's tho they are not real they do the job and get lots of attension when out and like yours to they look dam sexy

I nearly went for dreads before going short, but it's alot of maintenance it keep it tidy. So decided going short was a better idea got me. If done well and looked after that look great, but there are also alot of shit locks out there that look horrendous.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Like all hair styles they suit some but not others. I saw a guy the other day who had his dreads up in a top knot, it looked as cool as fuck but then he had a cute face!

As for them being an aphrodisiac I can't see how that would work personally!

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

They look very sexy,if the guy looks after them

Never thought of them as an aphrodisiac though,they can be part of the attraction,so maybe they are on some guys

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Not a fan, never found them attractive tbh. Each to their own though.

Must admit - I love Billy Ocean, but looking at that thing behind his head makes me feel queasy.

By *uperior-BlackKnight-JayMan 6 weeks ago

Lol I know

By *uxuriantCouple 6 weeks ago

Sometimes Here, Sometimes There

Would most definitely catch my eye

» Add a new message to this topic