FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Learn to spell!

Learn to spell!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all. Are we just being snobs or does it annoy other people when you receive messages where the spelling is appalling? If you can't even spell then the chances are you will not be able to maintain our interest if we actually meet. Although we realise this is a site primarily for sex, we personally want to meet people who can hold a decent conversation. Over to you.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilmisseCouple  over a year ago

leicestershire

Unless you are planning to have in depth discussions about spelling, I dont see the connection to bad spelling and not being able to hold a decent conversation!

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"Unless you are planning to have in depth discussions about spelling, I dont see the connection to bad spelling and not being able to hold a decent conversation!"

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

get out the scrabble board to amuse you during those quiet moments.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

People confuse spelling with grammar , syntax etc ....

Poor spelling doesn't denote a poor conversationalist.

I am however put off by messages that do not convey meaning , intent or want clearly.

It's possible to send a great message with poor spelling.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Hi all. Are we just being snobs or does it annoy other people when you receive messages where the spelling is appalling? If you can't even spell then the chances are you will not be able to maintain our interest if we actually meet. Although we realise this is a site primarily for sex, we personally want to meet people who can hold a decent conversation. Over to you....."

Are you going to have a game of Scrabble with your meets before any sex takes place then?

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I can cope with poor spelling, but I object to text speak or 'trendy' spelling - 50 yr old men asking me if I wanna get sum...

I turn down the young bucks who ask that so the more mature loose brownie points.

A poorly spelled but courteous and pleasant approach is always preferable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my spelling crap xx but i make up for that .

I am a snob and I don't care what others may think!

my wife cant spell .... but shes a great shag

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

We all use varying ways of separating the wheat from the chaff. Personally I don't have the time or wherewithal to decipher messages, so I simply delete.

Starting a thread about it would not be something I would have done however...it just seems...hmmm...what's the word I'm searching for?!!

Some people have issues like dyslexia

There's no correlation between spelling and an ability to hold a conversation. They are not reciprocally related.

Thanks for all your responses. Perhaps we didn't explain ourselves very clearly....

To clarify, when we are constantly being messaged it is very off-putting to receive anything by people who can't even be bothered to check the message they are sending. It shows very little effort has been put into contacting us so it is very easy to hit that delete button.

Tayside

"Thanks for all your responses. Perhaps we didn't explain ourselves very clearly....

To clarify, when we are constantly being messaged it is very off-putting to receive anything by people who can't even be bothered to check the message they are sending. It shows very little effort has been put into contacting us so it is very easy to hit that delete button."

I would do a quick spell check on your own profile if I was you!

How predictable.

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Personally I don't mind poor spelling, as long as the message can be understood. What bothers me more are messages that are difficult to read because of the lack of punctuations, or paragraphs.., especially if it is a long email.

"Some people have issues like dyslexia"
I have this and spelling comes and go and the spelling things are crap if your reading just as bad . I cut and paste if i can at times that helps .. untill you have this you will never know what it like .

"Unless you are planning to have in depth discussions about spelling, I dont see the connection to bad spelling and not being able to hold a decent conversation!"

Tayside

"How predictable."

My point with the comment above was that everyone can make spelling mistakes, nobody is perfect!

By *emo and HollyCouple  over a year ago

neath

[Removed by poster at 15/04/12 13:01:55]

We realise there are people who have difficulty spelling due to various conditions, or even physical problems typing, and we think we can sometimes spot those messages. The ones that are really annoying are the messages similar to "wud love to meet use". Urgh!

"Don't judge a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase which means "you shouldn't prejudge the worth or value of something, or someone. That go for spellings too.

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

S80

snobery of its hyist form im afraid. just becos someone carnt spell dusnt mean they carnt speek and hold a conversayshon or be gud in bed.

Although we do know what you mean, when there are serious issues with spelling and grammer you build up a mental picture of the person/persons, but sometimes you just have to get past it.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Hi all. Are we just being snobs or does it annoy other people when you receive messages where the spelling is appalling? If you can't even spell then the chances are you will not be able to maintain our interest if we actually meet. Although we realise this is a site primarily for sex, we personally want to meet people who can hold a decent conversation. Over to you....."

You may be quite surprised at how many people can not spell correctly. The only reason that you know this fact is because the first communication with them is with the written word.

the fery ideuh vat sumwon carnt shpell properli un haf a deeshunt konversayshun is darft in thee eckstream. Dees days mohst shtruggul to even sent a cohearunt meshage on theyre mobiyul fown as the kees ar just weigh too shmall...

But if the message gets across, what's the difference? Do you have to be eloquent and fantastically literate in pushing pen to be able to push cock??

Wolf

It works both ways. I'm mildly dyslexic- primarily, as some of you may have noticed words with double letters confuse the hell out of me. But i know I'm not stupid and am more than capsble of holding a decent conversation. And I sure as hell know that I wouldn't want to meet someone so limuted in their thought process confuses intelligence with spelling and spelling with grammer and an ability to communicate..

Agreed, but when we have specifically stated on our profile many times that we do not want one-liners, but continue to recieve them, that also sends a message.

It sends a message that they haven't bothered to either read our profile or they don't care what we are looking for.

I know some cunning linguists who can't spell but do other things to perfection.

I don't mind spelling mistakes and typing errors. I don't ever read my messages or forum posts back to ensure they are correct.

However I can tell at times that people don't come from a similar background or have similar ethics to ourselves and it is unlikely we will be compatible. Therefore I don't respond to those messages, it wouldn't work for either of us. If I am seen as a snob then that is fine

"It works both ways. I'm mildly dyslexic- primarily, as some of you may have noticed words with double letters confuse the hell out of me. But i know I'm not stupid and am more than capsble of holding a decent conversation. And I sure as hell know that I wouldn't want to meet someone so limuted in their thought process confuses intelligence with spelling and spelling with grammer and an ability to communicate.."

Im dyslexic to .put me of some time posting on forums

sam x

S80

"Agreed, but when we have specifically stated on our profile many times that we do not want one-liners, but continue to recieve them, that also sends a message.

It sends a message that they haven't bothered to either read our profile or they don't care what we are looking for."

this is a totally different aspect of contact though j.

We posted a thread a few days ago about random friends requests when we specifically ask for them not to be sent, what we got from the reaction and response from people on here solved our proble.

the first instance of contact wether that be a wink,message or friends invite shows you that the other party are wanting contact and a possible meet, your profile is your way of advertising yourselves and the response you get will be your indicator as to wether you would meet the other party.

Now if they wink, message poorly or send an invite which is against something you like then use that as an indicator of wether they would be suitable for a meet.

So in short if they cant spell and you dislike that idea, dont judge them but simply move on.

[Removed by poster at 15/04/12 13:24:01]

"People confuse spelling with grammar , syntax etc ....

I am however put off by messages that do not convey meaning , intent or want clearly.

It's possible to send a great message with poor spelling."

"How predictable.

My point with the comment above was that everyone can make spelling mistakes, nobody is perfect! "

Yep, but come-on, you’ve got to admit that it is a tad amusing when someone starts a thread about their dislike of bad spelling and they have spelling mistakes on their own profile……

I always find it becomes even funnier if they don’t laugh at the irony of it too……….!. .......

init-eh?

"How predictable.

My point with the comment above was that everyone can make spelling mistakes, nobody is perfect!

Yep, but come-on, you’ve got to admit that it is a tad amusing when someone starts a thread about their dislike of bad spelling and they have spelling mistakes on their own profile……

I always find it becomes even funnier if they don’t laugh at the irony of it too……….!. .......

init-eh? "

oh the irony.

I'm a snob, my spelling is ok but my typing is atrocious, especially on my iPhone. As I rarely send a message to someone new on this site it doesn't really matter.

its a shagging site..who gives a shit if people can spell or not..anybody fancy a shagg?????????????????????

Depends exactly how bad it is. If it's written (typed) so badly that I have trouble understanding it then I couldn't be arsed.

There are levels aren't there? There are few of us here heading for a first place in a 'Spelling bee'

By *ridgestockCouple  over a year ago

derby

very well said anybody would think it was university challenge

S80

"its a shagging site..who gives a shit if people can spell or not..anybody fancy a shagg????????????????????? "

we wuld fuck yu lotts

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I think as a personal choice you can decide you dont want to meet someone on whatever reason you choose.

However, i dont understand the correlation between bad spelling and poor conversation skills

my daughters dyslexic if she was on here and mailed you she'd probably be one of the people you sat taking the pee out of, but in reality shes a very bright young lady and can hold a conversation with the rest of them, she just has a learning disability that other than making it hard to ajust words in her brain and putting it down on paper is not different to anyone else

All because someones spelling isnt 100% dont assum they are thick

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Hi all. Are we just being snobs or does it annoy other people when you receive messages where the spelling is appalling? If you can't even spell then the chances are you will not be able to maintain our interest if we actually meet. Although we realise this is a site primarily for sex, we personally want to meet people who can hold a decent conversation. Over to you.....

my daughters dyslexic if she was on here and mailed you she'd probably be one of the people you sat taking the pee out of, but in reality shes a very bright young lady and can hold a conversation with the rest of them, she just has a learning disability that other than making it hard to ajust words in her brain and putting it down on paper is not different to anyone else

All because someones spelling isnt 100% dont assum they are thick "

I think u should learn more from the example of Katie Price and her new boyfriend Leandro. It's not about how u can hold a decend conversation. Its more about physical attractions. More older guys on here can spell and of course hold a decent conversations. Are they your type? If you are too fussy about the spelling then the chances of you meeting a good guy is slim. If you are more concern of meeting people and having a decent conversation then why not break the ice first by speaking to them on the phone or webcam. It's a lot better that way cause you can filter your search to the one that best suits you.

Spelling is one thing ... like others have said its the

' cum get sum' generation I have a problem with

Cum .. wud ... sum ... bbz ... all that malarkey

Sorry ,,,I dont want to learn anything from Katie Price

[Removed by poster at 15/04/12 14:46:18]

"Sorry ,,,I dont want to learn anything from Katie Price "

Me too, for all that I gained, I should have listened to my gut instincts and stopped reading after I read her name!

"Sorry ,,,I dont want to learn anything from Katie Price "

Id like to learn how she gets away with saying she writes books when she has someone who writes them for her

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Unless you are planning to have in depth discussions about spelling, I dont see the connection to bad spelling and not being able to hold a decent conversation!very well said anybody would think it was university challenge "

Would that be the Sydney University Challenge?????

Just to add my tuppence worth, as long as I have a hole in my arse, I'll be a pedantic twunt when it comes to spelling and grammar and always mentally punctuate anything I'm reading (I got £500 worth of free advertising in our local rag cos they missed an apostrophe out of my advert), I'd only bother about it in a message if it was obvious that the messagee hadn't read my profile....also don't mind the odd txt spk, but if I can't decipher it then I ignore, and I occasionally type like I talk, i.e. I'll refer to "me mam" or "our kid" or use "mebbies" instead of maybe.....however they will be spelt rite 9 times outta (see what I did there, eh????) 10

Hahaha..this is funny.

SEX VACANCY:

1) You should be able to spell

2) You should be able to hold a decent conversation.

If you fail to meet the requirements then you are not getting into my pants...

"Spelling is one thing ... like others have said its the

Cum .. wud ... sum ... bbz ... all that malarkey "

i agree with that, people who genuinly miss spell something does not bother me at all, it could just be a case of hitting the wring key, or they may have learning problems

Its the people who choose to re wtite the english language that annoy me

using worlds like 'lyke' i mean its not even lazyness as theres the same amount of latters so why?

i agree with that, people who genuinly miss spell something does not bother me at all, it could just be a case of hitting the wring key, or they may have learning problems

using worlds like 'lyke' i mean its not even lazyness as theres the same amount of latters so why? "

Exactly the same here ... I can't understand it... I think Im getting old

Haven't read the whole thread,just the op and a couple more,

The op spelt subservience wrong on their profile

so to answer the question..No it's not annoying. Bitching on the other hand.......

"Haven't read the whole thread,just the op and a couple more,

so to answer the question..No it's not annoying. Bitching on the other hand......."

We hate txt speak. But as for spelling we really don't care. We are both dyslexic but have jobs where good verbal communication is a must so the written word has little to do with good conversation. At the end of the day it's each to their own but it will be you who misses out if you dismiss people because they cannot spell

"Haven't read the whole thread,just the op and a couple more,

so to answer the question..No it's not annoying. Bitching on the other hand......."

thats it then if they cant even spell subservience correctly they'll never get post holding a conversation and keeping a meet attention

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If there is one thing which is sure to bring a meet to a sudden end, it's them messing up the crossword.

"We hate txt speak. But as for spelling we really don't care. We are both dyslexic but have jobs where good verbal communication is a must so the written word has little to do with good conversation. At the end of the day it's each to their own but it will be you who misses out if you dismiss people because they cannot spell "

you offen find dyslexic peopel do well in life as they tend to focus on what they can do instead of what they cant

As i stated above my daughter is dyslexic and was bullied terribly at school because she had to see the 'thick teacher' when she left school she decided she wanted to go into child care as she knew it was something she was good at, she went to collage, did an apprenticeships at a private nursey when she finised they was so impressed with her they offered her a full time job after a year she was offered assistant manager and is doing very well and loving her work, on the other hand most of the so called clever kids who took the piss out of her for being thick are unemplyed teenage mums

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

yo are just being snobs

"If there is one thing which is sure to bring a meet to a sudden end, it's them messing up the crossword."

oh i hate it when that happens

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

typo was deliberate

[Removed by poster at 15/04/12 16:38:04]

"typo was deliberate "

lol i didnt even notice

did just notice i spelt people, peopel tho lol

we're all paranoid now

For me, it's about presentation.

In the same way you try and "sell" yourself with your looks, a well written profile projects an impression as to what you are like.

Granted, there may be some dyslexics who will struggle, but I have also found in the past that dyslexics tend to make more of an effort, it just takes a bit longer to produce.

So, for the little my opinion is worth, I DO care whether a profile contains spelling errors or not - as I find it as reflection of how the kind of person I am interested in meeting.

"We hate txt speak. But as for spelling we really don't care. We are both dyslexic but have jobs where good verbal communication is a must so the written word has little to do with good conversation. At the end of the day it's each to their own but it will be you who misses out if you dismiss people because they cannot spell

you offen find dyslexic peopel do well in life as they tend to focus on what they can do instead of what they cant

As i stated above my daughter is dyslexic and was bullied terribly at school because she had to see the 'thick teacher' when she left school she decided she wanted to go into child care as she knew it was something she was good at, she went to collage, did an apprenticeships at a private nursey when she finised they was so impressed with her they offered her a full time job after a year she was offered assistant manager and is doing very well and loving her work, on the other hand most of the so called clever kids who took the piss out of her for being thick are unemplyed teenage mums "

Well said some of the greatest minds of our time had dyslexia good old Einstein being one of them

thing is a profile with no spelling mistakes do not always show a well educated person, anyone can use spell check, spell check dont change your personality just your mistakes

"For me, it's about presentation.

In the same way you try and "sell" yourself with your looks, a well written profile projects an impression as to what you are like.

Granted, there may be some dyslexics who will struggle, but I have also found in the past that dyslexics tend to make more of an effort, it just takes a bit longer to produce.

So, for the little my opinion is worth, I DO care whether a profile contains spelling errors or not - as I find it as reflection of how the kind of person I am interested in meeting."

hahaa....Your too funny....... I guess you must have spelt accommodate wrongly on your profile just for giggles then

So, for the little my opinion is worth, I DO care whether a profile contains spelling errors or not - as I find it as reflection of how the kind of person I am interested in meeting.

hahaa....Your too funny....... I guess you must have spelt accommodate wrongly on your profile just for giggles then "

i stand corrected, it would seem not everyone can use spell check

hahaa....Your too funny....... I guess you must have spelt accommodate wrongly on your profile just for giggles then "

Haha! Thanks for proof reading!!! Sort of still backs up my point - I have no excuse other than slapdash!

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

So what if people can't spell every word right, I am sure there will be words everyone will stumble over. This however does not mean they can not hold a conversation.

Text speak in a message is off putting if you don't understand what the person is trying to say.

Move on and don't let it bug

I have to admit that I can be quite critical about spelling/punctuation/grammar myself, mostly because I read a hell of a lot and my line of work involves a lot of written communication.

It takes me ages to write a message or forum post as I'm always re-wording things or correcting spelling as I go.

I do make mistakes, and I try and accept that in other people too, although with web browsers starting to include built in spell checkers there will be little excuse in the future.

In all the messages I've had on here, I've had the most fun with those who can write more than a 3 word message. Yes the odd word might be misspelt or the dreaded apostrophes might pop up where they shouldn't.

I think what the OP is getting at is that the 3 word message mob(tm) also seem to be crap at spelling as well and it then reflects on the rest of the folk who aren't as anal as us grammar-nazis.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"People confuse spelling with grammar , syntax etc ....

It's possible to send a great message with poor spelling."

i can't spell, didnt stop me getting a first in philosophy...

Although that does make me a pedantic bitch

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

"Agreed, but when we have specifically stated on our profile many times that we do not want one-liners, but continue to recieve them, that also sends a message.

It sends a message that they haven't bothered to either read our profile or they don't care what we are looking for."

I get put off by people who can't spell "receive".

Does make me laugh when people complain, not just you about spelling but do not then use the correct word i.e. lose instead of loose

[Removed by poster at 16/04/12 07:26:05]

Sigh, I understand completely.

Just recently I was contacted by a young lady in her early twenties (genuine, verified, etc.). She had red hair, short, curvy figure and breasts that looked like a photo finish in a Zeppelin race. She was looking for an older man to play with and to help guide her in swinging. She was local, and was really into older, well- built slightly chubby guys. In her messages she's a great laugh too, really charming and witty; oh and she's desperate to meet me.

But I just can't shake the feeling that something is badly wrong. She can't use punctuation correctly, doesn't understand the subjunctive and is hopeless at understanding the difference between "You're" and "Your".

She keeps messaging me saying she's very horny, masturbating over my pictures and asking for a meet.

But damn it, what chance is there of us having great sex when she doesn't know where to put an apostrophe?

Help me Obi Wan. You're my only hope!

;-)

" Help me Obi Wan. You're my only hope!

;-)

"

Use less force Luke... Before a question mark becomes a full stop...;-)

;-)

Use less force Luke... Before a question mark becomes a full stop...;-)"

Less force, more lube?

hoo gifes a muncees

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

;-)

Use less force Luke... Before a question mark becomes a full stop...;-)

Less force, more lube?"

Come over to the brown side.

"I have to admit that I can be quite critical about spelling/punctuation/grammar myself, mostly because I read a hell of a lot and my line of work involves a lot of written communication.

It takes me ages to write a message or forum post as I'm always re-wording things or correcting spelling as I go.

I do make mistakes, and I try and accept that in other people too, although with web browsers starting to include built in spell checkers there will be little excuse in the future.

In all the messages I've had on here, I've had the most fun with those who can write more than a 3 word message. Yes the odd word might be misspelt or the dreaded apostrophes might pop up where they shouldn't.

I think what the OP is getting at is that the 3 word message mob(tm) also seem to be crap at spelling as well and it then reflects on the rest of the folk who aren't as anal as us grammar-nazis."

actually there is an excuse and this really annoys me people that are dyslexic do not always spell words wrong they misuse words sometimes like i often write can't when i mean can and saw when i mean was and when i read it back my brain reads what is meant to be there and yes i was so parnoid i just got a friend to read this before posting i hate these threads and am glad i mainly meet people i have already spoke to and in clubs because otherwise we may never meet anyone. There are lots of reasons why spelling is an issue for people and in the real world as someone else said it may take you a long time to find out someone can't spell x

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Simplistic approach id suggest judging a person only on poor spelling/grammar.

It is perfectly reasonable to make a judgment based on a whole message but one really does need to be careful and know what they are looking for .

That magic KNOW i cannot explain.

I was dyslexic maybe i still am, this however does not mean i cannot use spell check or learn. There is i feel a difference between the odd mistake quickish abbreviation used for online , dyslexic difficulties and badly educated ignorance. Gauging this difference is an art open to error and misjudgment and i may suggest that those that do judge most harshly be themselves judged ,this is after all IMO an open minded/spirited community.

That said most dyslexics would not use dyslexia as an excuse , we if reasonable intelligent would have leaned ways to improve our predicament.We cannot change reality which is first impressions do count and IF a person wishes to be taken seriously a certain degree of effort should be applied to constructing messages .

I would suggest it can be spotted if a person dyslexic or not is being lazy with their message construction,and lazy is not an attribute many of use would respect

I try to ensure my vocabulary is articulate and spelled correctly ,basic grammar is maintained and some difficult or idiosyncratic word confusions and grammar rules are adhered to , however the odd comma or full stop in the wrong place etc or paragraphs still bit wobbly as may be noted

Thank you. You have articulated it more clearly than we did.

We try not to judge people simply because of the odd spelling mistake.

It is subjective but we do try to seperate people who may have a genuine reason for not being perfect (we don't claim to be either although previous messages have been somewhat harsh to our question) but you have hit the nail on the head when you mention effort.

It is more the overall impression you get from the message. After all, everyone who has responded to the original question all judge people on something or other (rightly or wrongly) otherwise you would have to meet up with everyone who requested it.

By *4FantasyCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

I can forgive bad spellers, it is the people who write things like: woz, innit and generally speak like an errant teenager that gets on my tits!! lol

Kazx

"Simplistic approach id suggest judging a person only on poor spelling/grammar.

It is perfectly reasonable to make a judgment based on a whole message but one really does need to be careful and know what they are looking for .

That magic KNOW i cannot explain.

I was dyslexic maybe i still am, this however does not mean i cannot use spell check or learn. There is i feel a difference between the odd mistake quickish abbreviation used for online , dyslexic difficulties and badly educated ignorance. Gauging this difference is an art open to error and misjudgment and i may suggest that those that do judge most harshly be themselves judged ,this is after all IMO an open minded/spirited community.

That said most dyslexics would not use dyslexia as an excuse , we if reasonable intelligent would have leaned ways to improve our predicament.We cannot change reality which is first impressions do count and IF a person wishes to be taken seriously a certain degree of effort should be applied to constructing messages .

I would suggest it can be spotted if a person dyslexic or not is being lazy with their message construction,and lazy is not an attribute many of use would respect

I try to ensure my vocabulary is articulate and spelled correctly ,basic grammar is maintained and some difficult or idiosyncratic word confusions and grammar rules are adhered to , however the odd comma or full stop in the wrong place etc or paragraphs still bit wobbly as may be noted

"

yes dyslexics do have coping stratgies but the point is i use mine if i need them for passing a degree, writing letters to my kids teachers and getting a job i did not know i would need them to have sex i wasn't aware i would need taking a written exam to be on a swinging site. Quite frankly if i feel someone is judging me then i wouldn't want to know them socially never mind anything else just how i feel about it x

"Sigh, I understand completely.

Just recently I was contacted by a young lady in her early twenties (genuine, verified, etc.). She had red hair, short, curvy figure and breasts that looked like a photo finish in a Zeppelin race. She was looking for an older man to play with and to help guide her in swinging. She was local, and was really into older, well- built slightly chubby guys. In her messages she's a great laugh too, really charming and witty; oh and she's desperate to meet me.

But I just can't shake the feeling that something is badly wrong. She can't use punctuation correctly, doesn't understand the subjunctive and is hopeless at understanding the difference between "You're" and "Your".

She keeps messaging me saying she's very horny, masturbating over my pictures and asking for a meet.

But damn it, what chance is there of us having great sex when she doesn't know where to put an apostrophe?

Help me Obi Wan. You're my only hope!

;-)

"

We find hard on induced dyslexia more of an issue,when some guys want sex they can't read profiles!or their brain/cock filters out the bits they don't like lol

By *isub69Man  over a year ago

Epsom

I don't mind bad spelling but really don't like text speak.

By *acheal_30sTV/TS  over a year ago

Peterborough

Poor spelling or text speak is sooo annoying. It doesnt take too much to at least try!

Its not a snob thing, its just.... Well dont get me started.

x

I'd much rather a mis-spelled profile than one that absolutely reeks of haughtiness.

Cough.

However, text speak does grind my gears.

I know very bright people who can't spell for toffee.

eye pmsl @ sum of the replys, only kidding.

"I know very bright people who can't spell for toffee. "

hopefully they are being paid enough for someone else to correct their spelling. As sadly once you are our of primary school, paying people in toffee doesn't quite cut it.

By *ornyhound54Man  over a year ago

sandhurst

Yes you are being snobs. Give people a chance.

"

actually there is an excuse and this really annoys me people that are dyslexic do not always spell words wrong they misuse words sometimes like i often write can't when i mean can and saw when i mean was and when i read it back my brain reads what is meant to be there and yes i was so parnoid i just got a friend to read this before posting i hate these threads and am glad i mainly meet people i have already spoke to and in clubs because otherwise we may never meet anyone. There are lots of reasons why spelling is an issue for people and in the real world as someone else said it may take you a long time to find out someone can't spell x"

A dyslexic colleague of mine at work recently had his desktop background set to a colour roughly described as teletubbie yellow. The different background colour helps him differentiate better between the letters he is typing and what he thinks he can see on the screen.

I prefer written communication as I have a speech disorder that means I mangle words because I can't help but think as I'm speaking and end up adding words from the next thought process into what I'm saying now. So I do understand where you are coming from. But for me, because written communication is so important, seeing carelessly written communication is about the same as talking to someone who is pretending to have tourettes for attention.

And yes this means I am "that guy" who writes out text messages in full...

I blame the trypist!!!! lol

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

using worlds like 'lyke' i mean its not even lazyness as theres the same amount of latters so why?

Exactly the same here ... I can't understand it... I think Im getting old

"

I'm 20 and sometimes it takes me a hell of a long time to decipher messages 'splt lyk tht'!

Oh and I study foreign languages - much easier to understand!

"I prefer written communication as I have a speech disorder that means I mangle words because I can't help but think as I'm speaking and end up adding words from the next thought process into what I'm saying now. So I do understand where you are coming from."

I do that as well. It means you're going to have to do a Richard Hammond mate and pace yourself...

Wolf

"

And yes this means I am "that guy" who writes out text messages in full..."

I'm "that girl" who writes out text messages in full with perfect punctuation....though I am undergoing therapy for it and will very occasionally throw in a lol although writing im *shudders* instead of I'm is going to take a while longer

"

And yes this means I am "that guy" who writes out text messages in full...

I'm "that girl" who writes out text messages in full with perfect punctuation....though I am undergoing therapy for it and will very occasionally throw in a lol although writing im *shudders* instead of I'm is going to take a while longer "

I tell my parents off for leaving out punctuation in text messages.

I don't mind a lol in moderation, and think smilies can be good to give your intended feelings behind your words.

I haven't found a smillie to say something along the lines of "I'd like to do bad things to you".

So we'll have to settle with me saying that I'd like to do bad things to you

Hey yeah I notice bad spelling and is off putting. But my spelling is great either, however I do try hard and I am well educated with a degree but I am told is down to dyslexia. For me I often know how to spell the word, and I am convinced I've written it as it should be but I haven't. My brain will insist I am looking at for example "ie" when I am really looking at "ei" or can even tell me I'm looking at a totally different letter. Other times it makes formulating words hard for me to do.

So spelling mistake for me are off putting but depending on the context, you can usually tell if its because very poor education or something else such as they are foreign or have a condition.

So there are two sides to it, all depends on the context in my opinion

I do find it amusing when people say on their profiles that they are 'horney'!

"I do find it amusing when people say on their profiles that they are 'horney'!

"

Too much pony play, they can't help but ney now and then :p

Living in an area which must have one of the lowest adult literacy ratings, don't get me started. Above all don't introduce yourself by typing " Hi hows yous guys wots yaw thang?" Grrrrrrrr

What you going to do shag them or play scrabble with them ?

* cReEps rOunD cRyPt * -l-

By *partan_dMan  over a year ago

????

I find people who pick up on others poor spelling to be quite funny. Aslong as i can understand what people are putting i dont think it matters.

Often it isn't an indication of someones intelligence or conversational skills. The peeps who pick up on it just like to feel superior init. (see what i did there?)

"What you going to do shag them or play scrabble with them ?

* cReEps rOunD cRyPt * -l-"

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

This is my 2ps worth...

My spelling is not great, I admit nor is my handwriting. However I am responsible for a 19 billion asset base, regularly present to board of directors. I have to account correctly...

According to most people they wouldn't meat me because I can't spell. I am educated whent too university.

Some people are such snobs when it comes to spelling, I hate to say it but it is true. I have very good conversations with very senior uk tax colleagues, but I would struggle to write a paragraph properly....

"This is my 2ps worth...

My spelling is not great, I admit nor is my handwriting. However I am responsible for a 19 billion asset base, regularly present to board of directors. I have to account correctly...

According to most people they wouldn't meat me because I can't spell. I am educated whent too university.

Some people are such snobs when it comes to spelling, I hate to say it but it is true. I have very good conversations with very senior uk tax colleagues, but I would struggle to write a paragraph properly....

"

It's one of those "human nature" things I think.

Person (A) gets sick of totally illegible messages and sticks a moan thread up on here.

Person (B) who has "alright" spelling, a bit like yourself, takes umbrage at an apparent attack on them and moans back.

The thing is, I don't think person (A) was talking about person (B) at all. Well I hope not anyway!

Most of us are aware that people do miss-spell words here and there. It's when you get into the text-speak alternate spellings, combined with total misuse of words and then miss-spelling the rest. You end up deciphering and re-reading the message so many times until you get the gist of what they were saying.

Companies spend hundreds of thousands of pounds copywriting adverts, reports and presentations for one simple reason. Presenting a document with poor spelling, grammar and syntax would leave them open to ridicule. A simple fact.

Another rather sad fact is that far too many people leave school with extremely poor literacy and numeracy skills and then spend their life trying to justify themselves by insisting that these basic skills are somehow unimportant. It is a symptom of our complacent, modern life that there is no longer shame in admitting to having a poor education but what has happened to pride? People should have some dignity and self respect and go to night school to achieve a basic level of English instead of trying to justify a piss poor standard of education.

I agree with the OP and if that makes us snobs, so be it - we would have nothing in common with someone so uneducated that they can't spell or put together a coherent message. There are clearly many hundreds of people on this Site who think otherwise and that is good, because it would not pay for everyone to have the same opinion.

In our opinion, there is no excuse to be uneducated these days and literacy is the most basic skill of all.

I agree. Spelling is important. It's all about presentation. This is the place where you make first impressions with people you may meet. I understand that some people on here are not fussy, but some people are. I believe that good spelling is a sign of personal pride and caring about how you appear to other people.

It's also important in many other ways but on here, for us, it is as good as a turn on when we get a message that has been composed and spelt properly.

Anyway, back to swinging!

By *ussy-StretcherMan  over a year ago

UK

You are perhaps telling me that just because someone is not educated by public opinion means he cant hold a substantive conversation.

And have you actually consider that the way and manner we 'Write' differ from the way we communicate in person.

We need to get past that 'spelling' bit if we are honestly, and genuinely looking on Fab

By *inful_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Haha ... what a funny topic ... yeah, sometimes people's spelling is crazy bad, but I guess it's not too much of an issue.

Your and you're annoy us :D haha

"What you going to do shag them or play scrabble with them ?

* cReEps rOunD cRyPt * -l-"

If they beat me, they get a shag lol

btw, I have to cheat a lot to lose

By *aughtyHubbyMan  over a year ago

Sunderland

"I have to admit that I can be quite critical about spelling/punctuation/grammar myself, mostly because I read a hell of a lot and my line of work involves a lot of written communication.

I think what the OP is getting at is that the 3 word message mob(tm) also seem to be crap at spelling as well and it then reflects on the rest of the folk who aren't as anal as us grammar-nazis."

Well said. Saved me saying the same and hitting the wrong keys in the process!

i hvae sexdaily! fcuk, i maen dyslexia!

"i hvae sexdaily! fcuk, i maen dyslexia! "

» Add a new message to this topic