FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Holiday incentives

Holiday incentives

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been looking at holidays for once we can travel and have a holiday booked for october in Sicily.

However I've noticed that they are planning to actually offer vouchers for 50% off your flights and 3 for 2 on hotels or free upgrades on rooms etc once they are open for business.

They are also reducing or removing entry fees for archeological and places of interest.

Some other countries are doing the same as they dont want to ruin the summer season... I think greece is also going to offer things.

Good idea.. bad idea???

And it is a stark contrast to our 14 day quarantine plans.

Although it's not on their official website yet. I have had it confirmed by several locals that it will be available.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great idea. Would make more people want to travel.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Lots of countries are, google "tourism voucher" loads of great deals

"Lots of countries are, google "tourism voucher" loads of great deals "
there really are

The offer that Cyprus has in place is tempting me to look at booking something. It’s not around accommodation or anything but looking after you and your holiday group if something does happen.

For those willing and able to travel there are some very good deals to be had in the short term market.

The problem for many thinking of booking overseas holidays this year will be the UK's quarantine rules - there' aren't many people I know who can take 4 weeks off work for a two week holiday. Unless those are scrapped overseas travel for many will be impossible.

Don't even think about booking for next year though, prices are already through the roof and only look likely to climb further.

"For those willing and able to travel there are some very good deals to be had in the short term market.

The problem for many thinking of booking overseas holidays this year will be the UK's quarantine rules - there' aren't many people I know who can take 4 weeks off work for a two week holiday. Unless those are scrapped overseas travel for many will be impossible.

Don't even think about booking for next year though, prices are already through the roof and only look likely to climb further."

I found this too when looking for next year. And yes the 14 day quarantine back home will be a nightmare... and stop many doing so ( which is the idea I guess) but I will get 3 weeks break I guess.

Already sorted plans for that if the rule is still in place. Although looking at a trip soon too x

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"For those willing and able to travel there are some very good deals to be had in the short term market.

Don't even think about booking for next year though, prices are already through the roof and only look likely to climb further."

Maybe package holidays are but there are some fantastic deals on flights for next year. I’ve had a little gamble

Don't even think about booking for next year though, prices are already through the roof and only look likely to climb further.

Maybe package holidays are but there are some fantastic deals on flights for next year. I’ve had a little gamble"

I have spent my refunds on flights... and crossing my fingers x my Sicily flight was £85 for me and my daughter x

Maybe package holidays are but there are some fantastic deals on flights for next year. I’ve had a little gamble I have spent my refunds on flights... and crossing my fingers x my Sicily flight was £85 for me and my daughter x "

I spent my refund on a trip to tenerife in December cant wait .

Good idea to get people travelling and businesses can get money from tourism again.

Bad news because it's worrying flying. I want to go on a plane with just me and the pilot.

"Good idea to get people travelling and businesses can get money from tourism again.

Bad news because it's worrying flying. I want to go on a plane with just me and the pilot. "

I'm not overly worried.... I am not being blazè but I have to catch it at some point

"Good idea to get people travelling and businesses can get money from tourism again.

Bad news because it's worrying flying. I want to go on a plane with just me and the pilot.

I'm not overly worried.... I am not being blazè but I have to catch it at some point "

Your approach to all this has helped me loads this last few weeks. X

Don't even think about booking for next year though, prices are already through the roof and only look likely to climb further.I found this too when looking for next year. And yes the 14 day quarantine back home will be a nightmare... and stop many doing so ( which is the idea I guess) but I will get 3 weeks break I guess.

Already sorted plans for that if the rule is still in place. Although looking at a trip soon too x "

The Tories are already backpeddling on this. It comes in force on the 8th and on the 29th they are reviewing it, no way it will still be in force in October.

My guess having read a few articles, I think the most likely thing is a mandatory test, possibly with a charge when returning home. And if you don't want that then 14 days quarantine instead

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

I am very worried about mass travel before vaccine availability - just one infected person travelling has caused so many problems.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

The last thing on my mind is a holiday. Whilst I have to social distance from my family and colleagues, being encouraged to walk or cycle to work, hand dryers removed from work, why on earth would I contemplate sitting in a plane for hours breathing recycled air?

Add to that, the planes have been sat around for months...think I'll let them fly around for a bit...if none fall to earth and I survive my commute I'll look at holidays for next year as I have a feeling good deals will be around for a while.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good that local governments are working at ways to improve the holiday experiences. We need ours to do something similar. A lot of countries currently require very recent or immediate negative tests before flying and the UK should do something similar, to help to protect the many jobs that rely on travelling. The 2 weeks isolation on return seems inappropriate, when testing would be much better. We need business travel both ways but 2 weeks in lockdown for a very short trip isn't going to be possible. It screams of Priti Awful showing her need to demonstrate powerful control of others.

Airlines, hotels, holiday businesses and associated employers need continuity and the rescue of thousands from redundancy that is already underway.

As the UKs current testing service is taking a week or more for results to be communicated, this shows we'd need different facilities for flights. Unfortunately, crowded airports with social distancing will probably be the least appropriate places. They're introducing temperature monitoring, which is a good basic screening tool but queuing for tests, with delays for processing, sounds like airports would be totally congested. And that would be after passengers had dumped cars in long term car parks etc. Queues are going to be miles long with 2m between strangers at each step of the transit, security/passport control through to the gates.

With fewer passengers, it gets easier, so perhaps this is their goal.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

My holidays tend to be uk based since having kids and i’m hoping some deals are to be done over here when things get moving along a bit.

» Add a new message to this topic