FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > All set for fourth july

All set for fourth july

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So are we all set for the 4th of July fingers crossed we don't have to go back into lockdown before the pubs reopen I could murder a nice ice cold beer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So is this gonna be the UK's independence day

Can't wait to have a lovely glass of white wine in the sun

"Can't wait to have a lovely glass of white wine in the sun "

Hallelujah....

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

"So is this gonna be the UK's independence day "

More like freedom day

"So is this gonna be the UK's independence day

More like freedom day "

they may take away our pubs but they will never take our freeeeeeeeedooooommmmm!!!!!!!!!

"Can't wait to have a lovely glass of white wine in the sun

Hallelujah.... "

Amen

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I can just see it when everyone was doing that clap for the NHS on Thursday when it strikes midnight on the 4th of July everyone will be shouting hallelujah

By *lap.n.tickleCouple  over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

Fuck the pubs when can i get a blasted hair cut so i can go into a blasted pub. I look like james sodding may.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

As pub companies now rush to finalise plans before reopening on the 4th, please remember that not a single member of bar staff is suddenly an expert in disease control, politics or even the policies of their own Pub Co.

So when 20 of you show up to finally go out on the lash after 3 months of lockdown, it's not the minimum wage barmaid's decision to tell you no, but she HAS to anyway.

When 6 of you try to book a meal because you've not seen your grandkids for 3 months, it's not the manager's fault group sizes are limited so don't demand to see them and tell them they're wrong.

BoJo is again relying on the "common sense of the people" (don't get me started) so PLEASE remember that when pubs aren't exactly how you remember them, or hoped they would be, we've all been in lockdown too.

No, we can't just move some tables together. No, we can't turn a blind eye (you know, just this once). And no, a bad Trip Advisor review won't help.

Things will get back to normal, just not straight away. Please be patient us. And show some common sense.

Ta.

"As pub companies now rush to finalise plans before reopening on the 4th, please remember that not a single member of bar staff is suddenly an expert in disease control, politics or even the policies of their own Pub Co.

So when 20 of you show up to finally go out on the lash after 3 months of lockdown, it's not the minimum wage barmaid's decision to tell you no, but she HAS to anyway.

When 6 of you try to book a meal because you've not seen your grandkids for 3 months, it's not the manager's fault group sizes are limited so don't demand to see them and tell them they're wrong.

BoJo is again relying on the "common sense of the people" (don't get me started) so PLEASE remember that when pubs aren't exactly how you remember them, or hoped they would be, we've all been in lockdown too.

No, we can't just move some tables together. No, we can't turn a blind eye (you know, just this once). And no, a bad Trip Advisor review won't help.

Things will get back to normal, just not straight away. Please be patient us. And show some common sense.

Ta."

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"As pub companies now rush to finalise plans before reopening on the 4th, please remember that not a single member of bar staff is suddenly an expert in disease control, politics or even the policies of their own Pub Co.

Ta."

Yes!

It's not the staff's fault, they're having to take a lot on, be kind and respectful.

Ta."

Wonderful post xxxxxxxx

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Ta.

Wonderful post xxxxxxxx"

I did steal it, I'm not gonna lie. But I couldn't have worded it better really. I think it speaks for all of us.

"Fuck the pubs when can i get a blasted hair cut so i can go into a blasted pub. I look like james sodding may. "
haordreesrs and barber's can reopen on July 4th

England only , not in Wales

Ta.

Yes!

It's not the staff's fault, they're having to take a lot on, be kind and respectful."

At last we can play indoors and go for a drink! 4th of July like USA independence day lol))

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

Yey July 4th.....

Will I be in the pub? Nope.... just like I also haven't been to a non essential shop.

Why? Cos I just don't trust the government to make the correct judgements and I have to look after me

Manchester (she/her)

"Yey July 4th.....

Will I be in the pub? Nope.... just like I also haven't been to a non essential shop.

Why? Cos I just don't trust the government to make the correct judgements and I have to look after me

"

By *uge G RectionMan  over a year ago

where I like to be... down south

Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Ta."

Yes well said.

But do you think that's most will still see it that way after 10 pints down there neck this will be the problem I think

Manchester (she/her)

"Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in "

Ta."

Very true, and don't all rush out at once. You'll only be disappointed. And you can get alcohol from the supermarket and enjoy it in the company of others already. So not such a great event is it?

By *illowzWoman  over a year ago

Exeter

I'm really confused. Not too bothered about the pub. I want to know if I can meet people from here lol. So flipping horny lol

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm really confused. Not too bothered about the pub. I want to know if I can meet people from here lol. So flipping horny lol"

Not sure which phase swinging and sex with strangers* falls under. Sure Hancock will make an announcement later in the week.

*or friends you haven't met yet if you prefer

By *illowzWoman  over a year ago

Exeter

"I'm really confused. Not too bothered about the pub. I want to know if I can meet people from here lol. So flipping horny lol

Not sure which phase swinging and sex with strangers* falls under. Sure Hancock will make an announcement later in the week.

*or friends you haven't met yet if you prefer"

He was going on about people going to each others houses and staying overnight. But it's still a bit confusing

"I'm really confused. Not too bothered about the pub. I want to know if I can meet people from here lol. So flipping horny lol

*or friends you haven't met yet if you prefer"

That would be a government briefing worth tuning into!

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"So is this gonna be the UK's independence day "

Not in Wales it won't

Jo x

Edinburgh

"So is this gonna be the UK's independence day

Not in Wales it won't

Jo x"

Or Scotland...

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

According to Rishi Sunak, this is the day we can all visit a kettle and toaster shop.

Can't wait to get giddy on a Dualit!...

By *J swingCouple  over a year ago

North

Does this mean now we can start looking for meets again .

We've had a table booked at our fav Manchester restaurant ever since the 4th July whisperings began.

The manager said they had been inundated with enquiries and bookings. Thankfully we are regulars so the best table on the terrace has been reserved for us.

Can't wait!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

To right booking a train ticket and off to see my mum for a week, been too long

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Not arsed about pubs tbh.

But if it means ppl keep their jobs im all for the option to go.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Does this mean now we can start looking for meets again ."

No

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

No it doesn't mean we can go back to sex meets.

The new rules from 4 July very clearly state that you can meet indoors but must maintain 2m distance.

Great Post re pubs and restaurants. I dee people saying "gonna get all the lads together for a sesh". No. You're not. Or you'll be very disappointed.

Frankly if you want v ice cold beer, buy one from the supermarket. I've been enjoying cold bottles of beer in a nearby field in the sun for weeks.

Hotel booked in Bristol for July 4th.... Booked a while ago

Can't wait

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

As much as I welcome pubs opening again..is it a patriotic duty?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have been sent the clip of the bar going mad with Boris’s announcement on the screen five time’s now.

Think it’s fair to say my mates are happy.

"As much as I welcome pubs opening again..is it a patriotic duty?"

Yes

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Sorry but you can go to pubs and stand next to each other, go to cafes and restaurants, but cannot open tattoo parlours witch are spotlessly clean and nail bars cannot open ,the girls ware face masks and gloves ,something is not right ..

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"Sorry but you can go to pubs and stand next to each other, go to cafes and restaurants, but cannot open tattoo parlours witch are spotlessly clean and nail bars cannot open ,the girls ware face masks and gloves ,something is not right .."

You won't be able to stand next to people at the pub.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Sorry but you can go to pubs and stand next to each other, go to cafes and restaurants, but cannot open tattoo parlours witch are spotlessly clean and nail bars cannot open ,the girls ware face masks and gloves ,something is not right .."
I need a body wax to

By *olid as rockMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Well done ??

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Definition of irony :

The English celebrating independence day

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

Should of waited until the Monday 6th July to re open the pubs.

"So are we all set for the 4th of July fingers crossed we don't have to go back into lockdown before the pubs reopen I could murder a nice ice cold beer"

Gonna be queues outside of the pub

I know I can't get my head around this neither. Are we missing something???

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 22:21:56]

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

You also have to give all Yr details to the landlord so he can put you into the track and trace system incase there is an out break of covid in the pubs you visit enjoy Yr beer and next you will be queuing for a piss and you will have to ask the security gaurd AKA the toilet monitor to mop up the floor as you wait in line sounds wonderful to me to err no thanks

Blackpool

Not keen on giving details to God knows who on said door, if it's a driving licence details to be photocopyed etc, Its a no no from me,bring on identity fraud 101,if its only a name and a mobile number then fine, Boris was not clear on this

By *aggie and RobCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 22:28:16]

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Sorry but you can go to pubs and stand next to each other, go to cafes and restaurants, but cannot open tattoo parlours witch are spotlessly clean and nail bars cannot open ,the girls ware face masks and gloves ,something is not right ..

I know I can't get my head around this neither. Are we missing something??? "

You must wear a face mask on a bus which has a maximum of 13 passengers and the windows open but you don't need to wear a mask in the cinema.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"You also have to give all Yr details to the landlord so he can put you into the track and trace system incase there is an out break of covid in the pubs you visit enjoy Yr beer and next you will be queuing for a piss and you will have to ask the security gaurd AKA the toilet monitor to mop up the floor as you wait in line sounds wonderful to me to err no thanks "

track n trace at the pub?..... The Driscoll Brothers will be extremely vexed.

watton

"Not keen on giving details to God knows who on said door, if it's a driving licence details to be photocopyed etc, Its a no no from me,bring on identity fraud 101,if its only a name and a mobile number then fine, Boris was not clear on this"

If it’s just a name and a number how are gonna check it’s real I bet you need to show photo ID and they will photo copy it along with Yr phone number the free world is gone where is my tin foil hat

Blackpool

It all seems to be geared round nice quiet country pubs where everyone knows everyone, and not City nite life, are music bars classed as nite clubs for instance?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

All these people saying they want a beer, did they forget shops exist?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

By the time Christmas comes here in Wales we might of got the hairdressers open

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"All these people saying they want a beer, did they forget shops exist? "

I don’t think they want to drink alone...

watton

Wait till the cinema seat costs the price of 5 seats as you need 4 empty ones around you don’t back and both sides we will all get our own Perspex box to sit in with air pumped in so we don’t turn blue like a smurf

Dudley

"All these people saying they want a beer, did they forget shops exist?

I don’t think they want to drink alone..."

Well, unfortunately that's what's had to happen recently.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I respect his staff but am totally against what he's done and won't be visiting

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If we'd had the track and trace app we were promised for mid May, we'd not have to provide ID info to the pub.

If someone gets infected, will they be trying to remember where they have been, when they may have caught it? Younger people are also higher probability for having no symptoms, so with them out, it will get passed on and less likely to be noticed or tracked.

It sounds like an imposed near fruitless burden on venue staff and the public

Dudley

"If we'd had the track and trace app we were promised for mid May, we'd not have to provide ID info to the pub.

If someone gets infected, will they be trying to remember where they have been, when they may have caught it? Younger people are also higher probability for having no symptoms, so with them out, it will get passed on and less likely to be noticed or tracked.

It sounds like an imposed near fruitless burden on venue staff and the public "

The track and trace app would only be effective if enough people downloaded it and after the trial on the isle of wight, they got feedback that people preferred a more personal touch, they would much rather have someone call them than done it all on an app.

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

"All these people saying they want a beer, did they forget shops exist? "

My thoughts exactly.

"Sorry but you can go to pubs and stand next to each other, go to cafes and restaurants, but cannot open tattoo parlours witch are spotlessly clean and nail bars cannot open ,the girls ware face masks and gloves ,something is not right ..

I know I can't get my head around this neither. Are we missing something???

You must wear a face mask on a bus which has a maximum of 13 passengers and the windows open but you don't need to wear a mask in the cinema. "

Its a joke this Country, really is!

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Ta."

saw this on fb.. well done sharing it on here x.k

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

As above mentioned, dont go running to the pub first thing on the 4th.

Just for once, have a little respect for the staff!! I know that concept is quite strange to a majority of people but they are people too!!

Get a grip!! It's just alcohol and other people, you can do that anyway.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Ta.saw this on fb.. well done sharing it on here x.k"

This really sums up how the reality will be!

Working in Hospitality, my workplace won't open on July 4th, but a month later.

That allows us to get ready at our pace, without the pressures that will no doubt occur when "The Public" descend en-masse on pubs etc on July 4th

When we do open, we will keep our facilities for our in-house Residents only.

Any non-resident customers will be turned away. We aim to stick to that format until such times that COVID19 rates have fallen off sufficiently that we can relax.

After all, the few of us left on a revised payroll now, wish to maintain our health and well-being by staying safe.

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

Ta.

"

Well said indeed.

The table thing should be banned in any case, it's absolutely pathetic how many feel the need to rearrange everything. They borrow chairs from here, there and everywhere. Then, when it's time to go just "up and leave" without a shred of thought to staff (or anyone else).

watton

Pubs in Australia have been open a few weeks now but only allowed 20 people at a time I think they are upping the number to 50 this month sounds like they should do the same thing here or they will be like the beaches today full of complete dickheads without a brain between them

Wouldn't be surprised if this is delayed now thanks to those crowds on beaches and other beauty spots.

Social distancing seems to be going out the window.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s going to be complete carnage. May as well chuck the rule book out the window.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Simple pleasures ... not for me though. The call of the bar isn't so strong. Enjoy x

We're not venturing out at least until end of July to let everything settle down and see how things go.

Our worry is folk well some will be complacent and this will play into the goverments hands as they have allowed more freedom and the public get the blame for the 2nd spike. Not preaching but the threat sadly is still there and will be for time to come so it's a case of living with covid

They said all along there will be a 2nd spike I hope for everyones sake it's nothing like the 1st otherwise we've gone through the last 4 months only to be back at square 1. Doesn't bare thinking about a full lockdown in winter with Christmas cancelled like Easter was.

"It’s going to be complete carnage. May as well chuck the rule book out the window. "

The rule book was thrown away by Cummings then the riots in London

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"I can just see it when everyone was doing that clap for the NHS on Thursday when it strikes midnight on the 4th of July everyone will be shouting hallelujah "

That's if they are not in a ventilator, due to being fucking idiots and ignoring government guidelines.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I do, that's why I choose the local yacht club.

Manchester (she/her)

Transmission, plus up to two weeks for symptom onset. Plus up to two weeks for deterioration where hospital is required.

I'm waiting 4-6 weeks after each easing to do anything.

watton

Why have they not implemented max numbers allowed for each pub and restaurant before it opens yet

No he didn't most are still on 80% pay and now going back, he said they can use their skills to help out in the then hard pressed supermarket's.

Edinburgh

"Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in No he didn't most are still on 80% pay and now going back, he said they can use their skills to help out in the then hard pressed supermarket's. "

At the start of lockdown, unlike most major employers and against the government's plea for companies to support their staff, Tim Martin told workers that they wouldn't be paid until the government started paying for them. He basically disowned them. You're not working for me, so you're not getting a penny until the government pays for it. It was selfish, disloyal, and created a lot of extra, unnecessary uncertainty.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Why have they not implemented max numbers allowed for each pub and restaurant before it opens yet "

The guidelines seem to say the maximum number you can have is 30

"Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in No he didn't most are still on 80% pay and now going back, he said they can use their skills to help out in the then hard pressed supermarket's.

At the start of lockdown, unlike most major employers and against the government's plea for companies to support their staff, Tim Martin told workers that they wouldn't be paid until the government started paying for them. He basically disowned them. You're not working for me, so you're not getting a penny until the government pays for it. It was selfish, disloyal, and created a lot of extra, unnecessary uncertainty."

All companies done the same, are you saying he should have keep paying his staff after the government closed his business. I had to wait 6 weeks for my wages to start coming in,if you don't like him stay away but he done it by the book.

Edinburgh

"Just remember that on day 1 of lockdown Mr wetherspoons sacked every member of staff and said they can go stack shelves..... think about everyone who lost their jobs when your thinking about which pub to get your drink in No he didn't most are still on 80% pay and now going back, he said they can use their skills to help out in the then hard pressed supermarket's.

At the start of lockdown, unlike most major employers and against the government's plea for companies to support their staff, Tim Martin told workers that they wouldn't be paid until the government started paying for them. He basically disowned them. You're not working for me, so you're not getting a penny until the government pays for it. It was selfish, disloyal, and created a lot of extra, unnecessary uncertainty.All companies done the same, are you saying he should have keep paying his staff after the government closed his business. I had to wait 6 weeks for my wages to start coming in,if you don't like him stay away but he done it by the book. "

You're wrong. A lot of big companies committed to paying their staff until furlough began. See Costa for example, they committed to paying 8 weeks from when lockdown began. Probably not possible for some smaller businesses, but spoons isn't one of those. And the ones that didn't pay in the interim weren't so public about it, and didn't tell their staff to go work elsewhere.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"So are we all set for the 4th of July fingers crossed we don't have to go back into lockdown before the pubs reopen I could murder a nice ice cold beer"

My local has a barrel with a pump attached outside, just help yourself and drop cash in an honesty box

Manchester (she/her)

At the start of lockdown, unlike most major employers and against the government's plea for companies to support their staff, Tim Martin told workers that they wouldn't be paid until the government started paying for them. He basically disowned them. You're not working for me, so you're not getting a penny until the government pays for it. It was selfish, disloyal, and created a lot of extra, unnecessary uncertainty."

I'm certainly never going back to one.

Indapubandance day....lol

I'm pissed off, all these protests,Liverpool last night, illegal races, beaches and more, iv stuck by the rules and these morons are putting my family at risk, twats

"I'm pissed off, all these protests,Liverpool last night, illegal races, beaches and more, iv stuck by the rules and these morons are putting my family at risk, twats"

Raves*

They can shove the pubs up their arses so far as I'm concerned. I never went into them before lockdown so I sure as hell ain't gonna be there on July 4th amongst a bunch of pissed up loud morons.

They can shove the pubs up their arses so far as I'm concerned. I never went into them before lockdown so I sure as hell ain't gonna be there on July 4th amongst a bunch of pissed up loud morons.

By *eddynAngelCouple  over a year ago

Tamworth

It is Fi's birthday but we will not be celebrating in a pub

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Not a chance. The local pubs round here will be heaving with 19-year old knobheads.

I'll wait till I can have a safer drink in a beer garden 1 weekend.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

At the start of lockdown, unlike most major employers and against the government's plea for companies to support their staff, Tim Martin told workers that they wouldn't be paid until the government started paying for them. He basically disowned them. You're not working for me, so you're not getting a penny until the government pays for it. It was selfish, disloyal, and created a lot of extra, unnecessary uncertainty.

I'm certainly never going back to one."

Wouldn't drink in a Wetherspoons if you paid me.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I bet a fair few will forget. Personally, there's enough pubs that I won't have to set foot in a wetherspoons again.

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

You'll find many pubs won't be opening on the 4th. Just because they can does not mean they will.

Many pubco are easing the openings, a handful first with more to follow in the following weeks. Just like the fact food and coffee shops etc...

You might need to manage expectations for next Saturday.

I miss going to the pub and seeing my mates, but won't be returning until I can hug them again too...and the bar staff (also mates) ... If I want a drink, I'll have one... It's not about that

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Ta."

Ta."

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

Not ready but the NHS are

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

went past a cpl of pubs down the high st yesterday and had look through the windows at how they set out.both places gad about 20 tables spread aroubd the pub with partitions everywhere. list of rules on window. gota book a table.download there ordering app as not allowed near the bar no cash only stay with the group you booked with plastic glasses for ya drinks cant just go for a pint u have to be having food.really cant see them having enough custom to make it viable.most i kniw are more than happy to jst go round mates houses for a beer in the garden.its cheaper have to music as loud as you want and no closing time

I can’t wait for 20 years from now when an American says “4th of July is my Independence Day” and some British person says “no the 4th of July means this. Blah blah blah” because they will.

Anyway we aren’t going to the pub. If people think d*unk people can socially distance they’re insane. . Just because we want it all to end doesn’t mean it has or should.

"went past a cpl of pubs down the high st yesterday and had look through the windows at how they set out.both places gad about 20 tables spread aroubd the pub with partitions everywhere. list of rules on window. gota book a table.download there ordering app as not allowed near the bar no cash only stay with the group you booked with plastic glasses for ya drinks cant just go for a pint u have to be having food.really cant see them having enough custom to make it viable.most i kniw are more than happy to jst go round mates houses for a beer in the garden.its cheaper have to music as loud as you want and no closing time"

My friend told me that her pub where she works is trying to rapidly learn GDPR since they have to take names and details in case of needing to track someone. Seems much wiser to have a beer with a mate.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"went past a cpl of pubs down the high st yesterday and had look through the windows at how they set out.both places gad about 20 tables spread aroubd the pub with partitions everywhere. list of rules on window. gota book a table.download there ordering app as not allowed near the bar no cash only stay with the group you booked with plastic glasses for ya drinks cant just go for a pint u have to be having food.really cant see them having enough custom to make it viable.most i kniw are more than happy to jst go round mates houses for a beer in the garden.its cheaper have to music as loud as you want and no closing time

My friend told me that her pub where she works is trying to rapidly learn GDPR since they have to take names and details in case of needing to track someone. Seems much wiser to have a beer with a mate. "

was chatting to some retired bloke i know was in the pub everyday from opening till closing he been havin a drink round mates places since this started and says he really cant see himself going back to drinking down the pub anytime soon.think the ones already set up for food will be fine your normal pub to just go for a drink in are gona struggle i reakon

Blackpool

More atmosphere on the moon

And that goes for the 300 car, drive in gigs too

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

No

By *olid as rockMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

We need to be careful as we don't want any more rules or restrictions

By *hrobberMan  over a year ago

North West

Ta."

Spot on it will be "I'm a regular it's my right to drink in here what do mean it full ? I will stand at the bar if I want. Covid doesn't exist etc etc etc

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Having to give names and addresses, only allowed to sit with people from your household and in some you have to book a slot....no thsnks

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

As a chef/manager of a place I can safely say.....we are frightened at the thought of how we are going to be treated, the beauty is we have been given guidance, any attitudes, aggressive behaviour or non compliance with the rules your names and addresses will be automatically given to the police and our security/bouncers have been issued with basically a pass on how much force they are allowed to use in the event of violent aggressive behaviour. We are fully expecting the NHS to be overwhelmed that night. So I urge each and everyone be sensible if the place is to busy GO HOME or even think before you leave DO I NEED TO GO THE PUB.

It's going be a long night and the time for your food and drinks will be a lot slower than normal.

I just needs my roots done, well a whole head dye by now and a trim.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

You could have bought a bottle of wine and drank it in the sun in the garden

Xxxxx

Blackpool

And right on cue, Morgan, Reid and Jones kick off the week with a full dose of fearmongering.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Unfortunately you've got that totally wrong.

Wetherspoons did not sack any member of staff. They retained all 43000 of their employees, paid them in full for work completed, then furloughed them with no redundancies whatsoever.

They also allowed staff to work elsewhere if they wanted to, with a proviso that they'd be re-employed the instant that Wetherspoons was in a position to re-open.

They also paid the majority of their suppliers in full, including many small breweries that had supplied them for an upcoming beer _estival.

I'm no great lover of their pubs, or their Chairman, but the correct facts need reporting for fairness.

» Add a new message to this topic