FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will there be meets before a vacine

Will there be meets before a vacine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some on here think we will be meeting soon . Lockdown eases but covid is still there . So do you meet before a vacine .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is down to each person really.

There are so many variables involved in meeting, even in normal times. Covid just adds a lot more. I'm 100% convinced there are peeps that are meeting as i type. Some of us that talk to friends all the time know how they feel about meeting and make a personal decision. I for one though, would not meet a new couple at the moment and probably not for some time into the future.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Before a vaccine?

People are already meeting now!

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Some on here have already been meeting.

Not me by the way.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I read it could take up to 5yrs to vaccinate everyone so i will be meeting before then.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Some are, some will and some won't. Maybe social meets but definitely no play x

A vaccine could be a good way off yet and when available it'll be prioritised so folks will need a great deal of patience.

Like everything else, it will come down to personal choice.

I'm high risk so I'm not comfortable chancing it. Even if I was, I have close family members who are also high risk, and it's not fair to expose them to a potentially deadly virus for a quick fuck... so I won't do it.

Sex is nice but it's not THAT important to me.

Other people might view it differently based on their own circumstances and that's something that I try to respect.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Some already are. These people will be avoided in the future

Won’t be a vaccine for a while. We need to get back to normal. That’s happening anyway. Super vulnerable need a vaccine but most of us won’t. IMHO...

"Before a vaccine?

People are already meeting now! "

This^

There is someone I was sleeping with before lockdown who I am considering meeting once we are told we can visit each other without the need for social distancing. He understands my situation (I live with someone vulnerable and I also have immunity issues) and so will be honest with me should he choose to meet anyone else; if that happens I'll just have to abstain a bit longer as there is no one else I currently trust and I am definitely not going to risk the life of my vulnerable relative for the sake of sex.

"I read it could take up to 5yrs to vaccinate everyone so i will be meeting before then."

This....

And probably at least a year before the first ones come out. Then same old supply and demand problem.

Think it’s safe to say majority will be having meets before vaccines.

By *eeandsexymCouple  over a year ago

Between selby/york

Absolutely we will be meeting

This nonsense has gone on too long

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don't know. Depends on the therapeutic situation, the state of the pandemic, and the vaccine timeline.

This is a nasty illness and I will not trifle with people's health for a shag.

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

Some will some won't. Everyone's risk factors are different I guess. Quite a few people have contacted us asking us to meet. We definitely won't be meeting for a while yet. Would be devastated if we caught Covid and passed it back to our family just for a shag.

Leeds

OP when you say meet..... do you mean social or play meets?

"I read it could take up to 5yrs to vaccinate everyone so i will be meeting before then."

That's what I heard as well.

It's been made clear by Chris Whitty from the very beginning that it will be years before a vaccine is in general circulation.

Some front line NHS staff and the shielding group will be offered the vaccine first, then those who normally have a free flu jab before its offered to everyone.

"Absolutely we will be meeting

This nonsense has gone on too long"

Thousands dying is hardly nonsense.

Leeds

Sometimes there are just no words....

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Even if they develop a vaccine some won't have it, you only have to look at the flu jab uptake. So yeh we will meet before a vaccine is available.

"Even if they develop a vaccine some won't have it, you only have to look at the flu jab uptake. So yeh we will meet before a vaccine is available."

The flu vaccine uptake is very high it's 71% on average.

North west ish

"Even if they develop a vaccine some won't have it, you only have to look at the flu jab uptake. So yeh we will meet before a vaccine is available.

The flu vaccine uptake is very high it's 71% on average. "

Not in my trust it's not. They have to bribe people to have it.

"Even if they develop a vaccine some won't have it, you only have to look at the flu jab uptake. So yeh we will meet before a vaccine is available.

Not in my trust it's not. They have to bribe people to have it. "

Well according to the national statistics it's around 71%

By *orkspoonMan  over a year ago

nearby

I think the vaccine will be here about the same time as the track and trace app

North west ish

Well according to the national statistics it's around 71%"

Yeh I can use google too. I'm going off what I see locally thanks.

"This is down to each person really.

There are so many variables involved in meeting, even in normal times. Covid just adds a lot more. I'm 100% convinced there are peeps that are meeting as i type. Some of us that talk to friends all the time know how they feel about meeting and make a personal decision. I for one though, would not meet a new couple at the moment and probably not for some time into the future."

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Down to people's risk appetite I guess, I'm in the queue for a vaccine, would I meet before then, yes absolutely I don't mix with anyone who is high risk and there's a low infection rate here so I'm not putting people at risk apart from myself and that's probably low risk

Well according to the national statistics it's around 71%

Yeh I can use google too. I'm going off what I see locally thanks."

Yes.

Humankind has survived diesease before it will survive diesease again.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I think that we cannot afford to keep the country in lockdown indefinitely. Sooner or later they will call it off, vaccine or no vaccine. Hopefully they will take measures to protect the most vulnerable.

I personally think that what they should have done in the first place.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think that we cannot afford to keep the country in lockdown indefinitely. Sooner or later they will call it off, vaccine or no vaccine. Hopefully they will take measures to protect the most vulnerable.

I personally think that what they should have done in the first place. "

I think "should restrictions remain" and "should people be meeting in this context" are related but different questions.

Although I feel lockdown has been squandered, in terms of getting control of the pandemic, it is true that we can't shut everything down indefinitely. We will need to reopen.

That doesn't mean that things can return to normal in places where elimination hasn't been (almost) achieved. Or at least not without a huge death toll (and other health consequences).

Leeds

I just hate how people are quick to say its only affecting people in high risk groups.....believe me, it's not

Manchester (she/her)

"I just hate how people are quick to say its only affecting people in high risk groups.....believe me, it's not"

I'm 34, was fit and well before this hit. No relevant underlying conditions.

I've been housebound for SEVEN WEEKS.

"I just hate how people are quick to say its only affecting people in high risk groups.....believe me, it's not"

People also don't understand that a lot of the people in the very high risk group actually live normal lives and other than the fact they have an underlining condition are healthy, they work, the play and live.

Manchester (she/her)

"I just hate how people are quick to say its only affecting people in high risk groups.....believe me, it's not

People also don't understand that a lot of the people in the very high risk group actually live normal lives and other than the fact they have an underlining condition are healthy, they work, the play and live. "

Yes. It's devaluing large groups of people in a way that revolts me.

Leeds

"I just hate how people are quick to say its only affecting people in high risk groups.....believe me, it's not

I've been housebound for SEVEN WEEKS."

Get well soon, I know just how hard this virus hits and it may take you some time yet to feel like your old self again x

Manchester (she/her)

Get well soon, I know just how hard this virus hits and it may take you some time yet to feel like your old self again x"

Thank you x

I have a mild version. I wish people would get this through their heads. Mild isn't a sniffle, it's anything less than "needs hospital".

I'm starting to feel better. I'm no longer really fucking myself up physically doing the bare minimum to keep myself alive.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I'll go to my favourite club as soon as it opens

That's a joke right??

By *orkspoonMan  over a year ago

nearby

The "yes, get on with fun" and "No, it's not safe" is starting to feel like brexit 2.0

The sides will never meet

I don’t believe there will be a vaccine, it will evolve and mutate much like the influenza virus ..... of which it’s a member of the same family.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Think people will meet

By *apboyMan  over a year ago

London

Why put yourself and potentially your family at risk ? There are people on this site who have carried on from day one of the lockdown as if it’s okay to carry on regardless of the consequences.

Leeds

"Think people will meet "

People have always been meeting which is entirely their choice but it just shows a blatant disregard for the whole thing....unless ofcourse it was a socially distance meet.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t believe there will be a vaccine, it will evolve and mutate much like the influenza virus ..... of which it’s a member of the same family.

"

... Coronaviruses are a type 4 virus in the Baltimore classification and influenza is a type 5. They're not in the same family.

Torquay

"I don’t believe there will be a vaccine, it will evolve and mutate much like the influenza virus ..... of which it’s a member of the same family.

"

I respectfully disagree, it's not like influenza and there is no evidence that it is, influenza has been in the human population for eons this is recent and I'm unaware of any study that it's mutating radically

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I respectfully disagree, it's not like influenza and there is no evidence that it is, influenza has been in the human population for eons this is recent and I'm unaware of any study that it's mutating radically"

That's true and there is equally no evidence that a vaccine will be developed

I am in no hurry to meet, it could be over 10 years to develop a vaccine.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I respectfully disagree, it's not like influenza and there is no evidence that it is, influenza has been in the human population for eons this is recent and I'm unaware of any study that it's mutating radically"

There are already over 30 strains of it. I was reading a study a couple of weeks ago about it

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

There are many variables and unknowns at the moment re this disease. Most healthy people who contract it have relatively mild symptoms, though it's unclear if they develop antibodies and if they do, if they're long lasting or not. Just this question alone puts into doubt the efficacy of a vaccine. The WHO recently admitted that non symptomatic people have a low risk of transmission, contradicting the prevailing narrative. The virus has also mutated into multiple strains, some more virulent than others. Some individuals have been found to have contracted two different strains!

Ultimately it comes down to whether people will apply the precautionary principle or not. If you're healthy and not an at risk individual due to prevailing health issues you've two choices; carry on as normal once restrictions / measures are further eased or lifted, or be paralyzed by fear and uncertainty

where you'll avoid proximal physical contact of any kind until a vaccine is found. Assuming one is possible, as they've never been able to safely develop a coronavirus vaccine before. Even if one is developed in the short term it will likely be rushed without enough safety studies in place which would pose its own risks.

If I do the math, I, as a healthy individual, have much lower odds of contracting and dying from the virus as I would getting into my car and being killed in a crash. Am I paralysed with fear when I get behind the wheel? No.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Well according to the national statistics it's around 71%"

That's not very high. Over 1 in 4 don't have it then.

Even if there was a vaccine made tomorrow, it would take over 20 years to immunise everyone on the planet based on 1 million vaccines being produced a week! ..... interesting fact I read from a scientist paper.

Liverpool

Get well soon, I know just how hard this virus hits and it may take you some time yet to feel like your old self again x

Thank you x

I have a mild version. I wish people would get this through their heads. Mild isn't a sniffle, it's anything less than "needs hospital".

I'm starting to feel better. I'm no longer really fucking myself up physically doing the bare minimum to keep myself alive."

Mild can be a sniffle. Half of my partners department at the hospital he works in have tested positive on antibody tests despite being non-patient facing and their workplace practicing good infection control. They already all wore PPE as its a sterile unit so the only conclusion is they have probably caught it elsewhere, probably on public transport which is how most of them get to work due to the lack or parking. Most of them haven't even had any time off sick as they weren't noticeably ill. I'm not saying this as a reason to be overly relaxed about it, if anything a virus is more dangerous if it is potentially deadly but some can be infected and spreading it but be asymptomatic.

Liverpool

"

It's the common cold it's a member of the same family as some strains of, not influenza. Though its also a member of the same family of viruses as SARS.

Manchester (she/her)

Thank you x

I'm starting to feel better. I'm no longer really fucking myself up physically doing the bare minimum to keep myself alive.

Mild can be a sniffle. Half of my partners department at the hospital he works in have tested positive on antibody tests despite being non-patient facing and their workplace practicing good infection control. They already all wore PPE as its a sterile unit so the only conclusion is they have probably caught it elsewhere, probably on public transport which is how most of them get to work due to the lack or parking. Most of them haven't even had any time off sick as they weren't noticeably ill. I'm not saying this as a reason to be overly relaxed about it, if anything a virus is more dangerous if it is potentially deadly but some can be infected and spreading it but be asymptomatic. "

Oh for sure. I'm not denying that some people get mild or no symptoms (I just heard about a study where about 70% of the under 60s studied, who were infected, were asymptomatic - although another one where that figure was 20%). I suppose for me the prevailing narrative seems to be "you'll be fine unless you're old and/ or infirm", and... yeah no. It can really fuck you up. (And I was super careful)

The communication missteps from the WHO re asymptomatic transmission really haven't helped here.

You're definitely right- the comparison with SARS-1 is very much that people were at their most infectious when they were most ill, and thus staying away from people.

I think people will do what people want to do, I still think when lock down gets lifted there will be people out there rushing to have some cheeky chica and there will be some people now who will take extra precaution.. I've always said wife is going to be completely different for a lot of people we just got to to live our life but just be careful in what we do

Liverpool

"

If I do the math, I, as a healthy individual, have much lower odds of contracting and dying from the virus as I would getting into my car and being killed in a crash. Am I paralysed with fear when I get behind the wheel? No."

That's actually quite a good analogy really as personally I think while its not helpful or necessary to be paralysed in fear over this, I also think that it's about balance and just as with driving, behaving recklessly could kill other people.

Manchester (she/her)

The reason I locked myself down hard wasn't because of fear for myself. I'm young, I had some misplaced concern about my underlying condition (I've since found out that I'd misunderstood what I'd read). It was about my risk of spreading anything inadvertently. I thought I'd be fine (and really, as far as I can tell - rough as this has been - I'm going to be fine). But the less I go out the less harm I might cause to others. Fortunately I'm a pretty hard core introvert and have had very little reason to leave the house since March.

I'm almost certainly (given what I can glean) post viral now, and I'm pretty confident that my part of the curve is dead - I spread it to no one. Not possible for everyone, but the question I've asked throughout this is, how can I do my bit?

"

If I do the math, I, as a healthy individual, have much lower odds of contracting and dying from the virus as I would getting into my car and being killed in a crash. Am I paralysed with fear when I get behind the wheel? No.

That's actually quite a good analogy really as personally I think while its not helpful or necessary to be paralysed in fear over this, I also think that it's about balance and just as with driving, behaving recklessly could kill other people. "

True, but what I mean with this is that I won't put my life on perpetual standby based on uncertainties and what ifs. Again, using the analogy of getting behind the wheel, if this where the case, i'd never drive! Everything we do in life carries risk. I'm looking at this from a rational and logic based perspective, and thus I will carry on as normal as soon as i'm permitted to.

Actually, where I reside we already are! But that's another topic

Liverpool

Thank you x

Mild can be a sniffle. Half of my partners department at the hospital he works in have tested positive on antibody tests despite being non-patient facing and their workplace practicing good infection control. They already all wore PPE as its a sterile unit so the only conclusion is they have probably caught it elsewhere, probably on public transport which is how most of them get to work due to the lack or parking. Most of them haven't even had any time off sick as they weren't noticeably ill. I'm not saying this as a reason to be overly relaxed about it, if anything a virus is more dangerous if it is potentially deadly but some can be infected and spreading it but be asymptomatic.

Oh for sure. I'm not denying that some people get mild or no symptoms (I just heard about a study where about 70% of the under 60s studied, who were infected, were asymptomatic - although another one where that figure was 20%). I suppose for me the prevailing narrative seems to be "you'll be fine unless you're old and/ or infirm", and... yeah no. It can really fuck you up. (And I was super careful)

The communication missteps from the WHO re asymptomatic transmission really haven't helped here.

You're definitely right- the comparison with SARS-1 is very much that people were at their most infectious when they were most ill, and thus staying away from people."

The truth is though we won't really know for a long time as it's so new and they're only just able to collate figures. It will take time before we can give any figure for sure when we have enough statistics to see a strong pattern and dismiss outliers. There does seem to be a lot of people who show little to no symptoms though. But not everyone, and it's quite a gamble to bet all your friend's and families lives on that. Same with the age and health conditions thing. Statistically you are massively less likely to die from it but not only would getting sick still not be fun but it's still quite a gamble to take. Plus does anyone really want to be responsible for passing it on to someone who dies?

Yeah that's why SARS died out as quickly as it did as people got so sick so quick and as you say you stay away from people when you're very sick. That's why this is potentially more deadly as while the death rates are lower, it spreads more as people pass it on while feeling fine and carrying on their day to day business.

Torquay

I respectfully disagree, it's not like influenza and there is no evidence that it is, influenza has been in the human population for eons this is recent and I'm unaware of any study that it's mutating radically

There are already over 30 strains of it. I was reading a study a couple of weeks ago about it "

Yes there may be but it's not that simple, if the signature is the same a single vaccine is still effective

Manchester (she/her)

"

The truth is though we won't really know for a long time as it's so new and they're only just able to collate figures. It will take time before we can give any figure for sure when we have enough statistics to see a strong pattern and dismiss outliers. There does seem to be a lot of people who show little to no symptoms though. But not everyone, and it's quite a gamble to bet all your friend's and families lives on that. Same with the age and health conditions thing. Statistically you are massively less likely to die from it but not only would getting sick still not be fun but it's still quite a gamble to take. Plus does anyone really want to be responsible for passing it on to someone who dies?

Yeah that's why SARS died out as quickly as it did as people got so sick so quick and as you say you stay away from people when you're very sick. That's why this is potentially more deadly as while the death rates are lower, it spreads more as people pass it on while feeling fine and carrying on their day to day business. "

Agreed.

I know the data are preliminary and incomplete, but I suppose it's my assessment of what I've been able to glean. And from the beginning that assessment has been about stopping the spread to the extent within my power. I'll probably ease up, to a point, when more is known about therapeutics and/or long term effects. And obviously even degrees of lockdown can't last forever.

Liverpool

"

That's actually quite a good analogy really as personally I think while its not helpful or necessary to be paralysed in fear over this, I also think that it's about balance and just as with driving, behaving recklessly could kill other people.

True, but what I mean with this is that I won't put my life on perpetual standby based on uncertainties and what ifs. Again, using the analogy of getting behind the wheel, if this where the case, i'd never drive! Everything we do in life carries risk. I'm looking at this from a rational and logic based perspective, and thus I will carry on as normal as soon as i'm permitted to.

Actually, where I reside we already are! But that's another topic "

I think its about balance. No we can't indefinitely put our lives on hold but just like with driving you take precautions like wearing a seatbelt, not excessively speeding, maintaining our vehicles so our breaks work properly, not driving down the hard shoulder or the wrong way down the motorway, etc. As I said, being reckless puts others at risk as well as you. Just not driving at all is too extreme though.

Liverpool

"

Yeah that's why SARS died out as quickly as it did as people got so sick so quick and as you say you stay away from people when you're very sick. That's why this is potentially more deadly as while the death rates are lower, it spreads more as people pass it on while feeling fine and carrying on their day to day business.

Agreed.

I know the data are preliminary and incomplete, but I suppose it's my assessment of what I've been able to glean. And from the beginning that assessment has been about stopping the spread to the extent within my power. I'll probably ease up, to a point, when more is known about therapeutics and/or long term effects. And obviously even degrees of lockdown can't last forever."

Sounds sensible to me

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

There are already over 30 strains of it. I was reading a study a couple of weeks ago about it

Yes there may be but it's not that simple, if the signature is the same a single vaccine is still effective"

I didn't say it wouldn't be - you said it wasn't mutating, I was just saying that I read a study recently that says it has mutated over 30 times.

Everything I've read concerning vaccines is that a quad-vaccine is being worked on to cover the 4 most common strains

Do some of you really believe no one is meeting then you living on different planet to me

Manchester (she/her)

"Do some of you really believe no one is meeting then you living on different planet to me"

People are meeting. I block ones I know about.

I won't be meeting anytime soon for the reasons stated above. That may change for the reasons stated above. Official policy... who knows. I expect lockdown will end before it's safe

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

There's never been a successful human vaccine to a coronavirus.

So there's that.

I won’t be meeting while thee virus is circulating. I have four members of my extended family who were shielding and one more who is vulnerable. If I gave the disease to them and one of them dies I would never forgive myself. Moreover I also don’t want to be responsible for spreading it.

Nope, not a chance

Is there a vaccine coming soon?

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

I’ll be meeting, only a short while from now I hope

Leeds

"I’ll be meeting, only a short while from now I hope "

Oh you rebel

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

colchester

Won't be one! For such a pandemic on a world wide scale we sure have relaxed very very quick!

Have my opinion on it all!

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"I’ll be meeting, only a short while from now I hope

Oh you rebel "

We’re all cumming at yours

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Won't be one! For such a pandemic on a world wide scale we sure have relaxed very very quick!

"

Which is?

[Removed by poster at 26/06/20 00:50:46]

There are loads of people meeting already and to be honest if people want to risk their life to have a frolic ... let them. If they fall ill it's their fault.

Cant stop them they're free to do whatever.

Me personally I wont meet until A) there's a vaccine or b) virus disappears altogether.... not that I meet anyone anyways

There will be a complete unlock of life before there is a vaccine. SARS and MERS don’t have vaccines and potentially never will.

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

colchester

"Won't be one! For such a pandemic on a world wide scale we sure have relaxed very very quick!

Which is?"

Not the place for this debate lol

We're still proud bearers of the second highest infection rate in Europe. Third worldwide. And the pubs are opening next weekend. I'll wait until the inevitable second wave has run its course and see how we're looking then.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Even if they develop a vaccine some won't have it, you only have to look at the flu jab uptake. So yeh we will meet before a vaccine is available."

I think the queues for a vaccine injection will be as long as queues for loo rolls and flour!!

Liverpool

"There are loads of people meeting already and to be honest if people want to risk their life to have a frolic ... let them. If they fall ill it's their fault.

Cant stop them they're free to do whatever.

Me personally I wont meet until A) there's a vaccine or b) virus disappears altogether.... not that I meet anyone anyways "

We have to prepare for the possibility that neither of these might ever happen though. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination saying we should all be back to meeting as normal right now, I certainly won't be, but if years down the line it is still circulating with no sign of a vaccine, we're going to have to come up with ways to continue living our lives around it.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I'm shielding so have to be extra careful but even if I wasn't, I'd still be holding off meeting until we see how the next few weeks months pan out.

I'd have more confidence meeting if I had more confidence in people! I'm not seeing a lot of common sense from people.

If I'm A-typical I think I would maybe meet another A-typical person and hope we dont make each other sick

"

Actually, where I reside we already are! But that's another topic "

By *hrissycox66TV/TS  over a year ago

watford

If people are meeting now and I see advertising meets then they are playing Russian Roulette with lives

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I will be too

B38

I don't work in an environment that brings me into contact with high risk people. When the time is right for me...I will meet those that I trust and have built up relations with. I'd trust that anyone I planned to meet was as sensible as possible and wouldn't be meeting if they were putting me at risk, as I wouldn't them

I completely understand those that may not feel comfortable with it, their choice. Others should be left to make theirs

"I don't work in an environment that brings me into contact with high risk people. When the time is right for me...I will meet those that I trust and have built up relations with. I'd trust that anyone I planned to meet was as sensible as possible and wouldn't be meeting if they were putting me at risk, as I wouldn't them

I completely understand those that may not feel comfortable with it, their choice. Others should be left to make theirs

"

By *oft n gentleCouple  over a year ago

Blackburn/Darwen/Preston

Been reading through a lot of the quotes and a vast majority say they are not worried about catching the virus for various reasons, they are fit, they dont believe its that dangerous, they only meet people who are safe...surely the point is not the fact you may not suffer with it but that you will pass it on to someone who will suffer...I have been shielding for 15 weeks now and like everyone am getting fed up not meeting, but if it safe to meet my partner??

Manchester (she/her)

"Been reading through a lot of the quotes and a vast majority say they are not worried about catching the virus for various reasons, they are fit, they dont believe its that dangerous, they only meet people who are safe...surely the point is not the fact you may not suffer with it but that you will pass it on to someone who will suffer...I have been shielding for 15 weeks now and like everyone am getting fed up not meeting, but if it safe to meet my partner??"

Very much so. Public health is less about the individual and more about everybody else.

B38

Public health is less about the individual and more about everybody else...agreed.

What if that individual works from home doesn't have much of a family. Hasn't seen anyone really in months. Person is healthy and wants to meet someone in the same situation. How does that really affect the wider public?

It's not as if they are going into a public facing role in or in close proximity to others.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As infection numbers decline, I think increasing numbers of people will meet. The vaccine will be a smaller part of the picture

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

My daily work life brings me in contact with high risk vulnerable people, so I wont be meeting anyone I don't trust to be honest and responsible regarding their own daily activities

Manchester (she/her)

"Public health is less about the individual and more about everybody else...agreed.

What if that individual works from home doesn't have much of a family. Hasn't seen anyone really in months. Person is healthy and wants to meet someone in the same situation. How does that really affect the wider public?

It's not as if they are going into a public facing role in or in close proximity to others."

It's a question of degrees. I'm not saying everyone should entirely lock up until it's 100% safe, not even I'm going to do that. But every action carries risk - to others. You might catch it and spread it to someone you pass in the supermarket. There's a good chance that's how I caught it, because I was incredibly careful. And I'm almost fine again, no harm done, but I do voluntary work with vulnerable people and... I shudder to think.

B38

"Public health is less about the individual and more about everybody else...agreed.

It's not as if they are going into a public facing role in or in close proximity to others.

It's a question of degrees. I'm not saying everyone should entirely lock up until it's 100% safe, not even I'm going to do that. But every action carries risk - to others. You might catch it and spread it to someone you pass in the supermarket. There's a good chance that's how I caught it, because I was incredibly careful. And I'm almost fine again, no harm done, but I do voluntary work with vulnerable people and... I shudder to think."

I am really glad you are feeling better, I know how ill you felt.

Yes, If I or someone worked with the vulnerable or high risk people I/they should definitely evaluate things differently. People should always given their space in supermarkets. Doesn't always prove easy in some but yes.

It's a question of degrees. I'm not saying everyone should entirely lock up until it's 100% safe, not even I'm going to do that. But every action carries risk - to others. You might catch it and spread it to someone you pass in the supermarket. There's a good chance that's how I caught it, because I was incredibly careful. And I'm almost fine again, no harm done, but I do voluntary work with vulnerable people and... I shudder to think.

Yes, If I or someone worked with the vulnerable or high risk people I/they should definitely evaluate things differently. People should always given their space in supermarkets. Doesn't always prove easy in some but yes.

"

Yeah we have to have some sort of normality to stay sane but people (like myself) who work with the public or with vulnerable people shouldn't take risks as it could lead to deaths/outbreaks

Manchester (she/her)

"

Thank you. It's been miserable, and I say that more as warning to others than looking for sympathy.

I suppose, it's more, if X met Y and caught Covid. Then didn't meet me (I've done everything remotely) but didn't give enough space to Z, who's been doing grocery runs for my group. X has no connection to my vulnerable people, but might then pass it to Z. Z then transfers germs to the shopping, infects A in my group... A (any of them) would probably become critically ill or worse. A series of mistakes.

Everyone's going to weigh things differently of course, but that's how these things happen and why (before I got sick) I was isolating so hard. I assumed I'd be fine if I caught it.

B38

Yeah we have to have some sort of normality to stay sane but people (like myself) who work with the public or with vulnerable people shouldn't take risks as it could lead to deaths/outbreaks"

It must be tough really I'm such professions, a big responsibility to others. I have a niece, a nurse, who contracted Covid and she has kids.

In those kinds of professions it must be a challenge in many ways ways but especially to keep yourself and others safe.

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

This nonsense has gone on too long

Sometimes there are just no words...."

By *uyfrombristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Can I interest you in these fine invisible clothes?

Mate, people have been meeting throughout and it hasn't been policed.

My personal politics aside, if you have one rule for a group of people it has to be adhered to, lest it becomes a mockery.

That said, I think at this point it should be down to personal risk assessments.

Manchester (she/her)

"Can I interest you in these fine invisible clothes?

My personal politics aside, if you have one rule for a group of people it has to be adhered to, lest it becomes a mockery.

That said, I think at this point it should be down to personal risk assessments. "

Sure it has to be adhered to. All that's within my power, though, is to adhere to it.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Can I interest you in these fine invisible clothes?

That said, I think at this point it should be down to personal risk assessments.

Sure it has to be adhered to. All that's within my power, though, is to adhere to it."

I saw your name at the end of this thread and knew you'd talk commonsense.

Here's my simple rule - if you need to be asking in here about safe sex, you shouldn't be out there asking about any kind of sex. That's it, game over.

Manchester (she/her)

Appreciate it

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Yes. Dont pin your hopes on a vaccine.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

The flu vaccine uptake is very high it's 71% on average. "

Having a flu jab won't stop you getting flu! If they have predicted correctly the strain of flu that is circulating for that year then it will have given people's bodies a certain amount of immunity. Sometimes they get it wrong and the flu jab for that year will have very little effect, I'm no scientists but guess the cov19 will be similar.

I'm not against any vaccine but it's not the only answer.

Manchester (she/her)

Having a flu jab won't stop you getting flu! If they have predicted correctly the strain of flu that is circulating for that year then it will have given people's bodies a certain amount of immunity. Sometimes they get it wrong and the flu jab for that year will have very little effect, I'm no scientists but guess the cov19 will be similar.

I'm not against any vaccine but it's not the only answer."

Flu has several strains and mutates quickly. Covid-19 is a different type of virus and is mutating very slowly so far. There are no corona virus vaccines so far, but it's also the biggest concerted effort in medicine in some time, maybe ever.

The other option is herd immunity - and comparisons with other corona viruses (SARS but also four strains of common cold) suggests so far that immunity may not last long. But repeated exposures are likely to lead to less serious disease (so the second time you get it will be less bad). Unfortunately there's evidence to suggest that even in mild cases there can be long term consequences. (Interesting article I stumbled across by a physiotherapist dealing with the challenges of Covid-19 rehabilitation, including in mild cases)

It’s a nasty disease and isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. Too many have suffered already. All the way through we’ve had offers to meet...crazy...It’s basically an ethical decision...care for others and yourselves. Tough for so many, but there’s still the cam and why not enjoy the hot weather and have some socially distanced outdoor fun...we’ve a hard winter ahead of us.

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s a nasty disease and isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. Too many have suffered already. All the way through we’ve had offers to meet...crazy...It’s basically an ethical decision...care for others and yourselves. Tough for so many, but there’s still the cam and why not enjoy the hot weather and have some socially distanced outdoor fun...we’ve a hard winter ahead of us."

That's exactly it for me. I have a duty to my community to stay at home and wank

love it...wanking is the new ethics...and so glad you’re feeling better x

"That's exactly it for me. I have a duty to my community to stay at home and wank "

Haha! We all have a duty: Stay home and have one off the wrist for God, for England and the dear old Queen!

Manchester (she/her)

" love it...wanking is the new ethics...and so glad you’re feeling better x"

Thank you I suspect I have to rehab myself, but that weird Covid fatigue is gone. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced and is disorienting and disempowering. Now I'm just normal tired And weak.

Sounds awful for you and so important you tell your story on here...take care and hope you feel fully restored soon x

Manchester (she/her)

"Sounds awful for you and so important you tell your story on here...take care and hope you feel fully restored soon x"

Thank you. I just hope people listen. Mild means anything less than hospital. I had a mild case. Mild can be worse than I've had. (it can also be very mild, but... that's not a safe assumption plus you might pass it on to people and let's not)

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

I'm not against any vaccine but it's not the only answer.

Flu has several strains and mutates quickly. Covid-19 is a different type of virus and is mutating very slowly so far. There are no corona virus vaccines so far, but it's also the biggest concerted effort in medicine in some time, maybe ever.

The other option is herd immunity - and comparisons with other corona viruses (SARS but also four strains of common cold) suggests so far that immunity may not last long. But repeated exposures are likely to lead to less serious disease (so the second time you get it will be less bad). Unfortunately there's evidence to suggest that even in mild cases there can be long term consequences. (Interesting article I stumbled across by a physiotherapist dealing with the challenges of Covid-19 rehabilitation, including in mild cases)"

Hope you are back fit and strong soon ??

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

There won't be any vaccine. And folks are meeting.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I won’t be having the vaccine and yes I will be meeting

"I won’t be having the vaccine and yes I will be meeting "

Will you be keeping a 1-2 meter distance?

"There won't be any vaccine. And folks are meeting. "

We don't know that.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

The thing is already mutating and weakening, they can't make one. it won't be widely reported As its all about the money baby.

££££$$$$$€€€€€

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

I wont be meeting untill its totally safe.x

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

They haven't found a vaccine for COVID-2, they won't find one for this that quickly either.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I wont be meeting untill its totally safe.x "
Maybe rest of your life

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"The thing is already mutating and weakening, they can't make one. it won't be widely reported As its all about the money baby.

££££$$$$$€€€€€"

Why do you think it is weakening? Yes it is mutating? But it is not mutating rapidly. A vaccine doesn't have to protect a particular person 100% as long as it is effective enough to spread the disease it is worth it. Flu vaccines are very effective for cutting death tolls unfortunately the world has to guess what strain of flu is going to hit. If they get it wrong high death toll. Get it right death almost nothing.

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

I think it comes down to time.

I firstly want to stress that I am not taking either side of the argument.... just making an observation.

Covid comes along and people stopped meeting by and large. Its 3 months down the line and some are wobbling and now meeting.

Roll that forward to say 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years...

If there is no vacine and like other coronaviruses its still around, will people still be advocating not meeting?

I don't know the answer but you only need to look at the way people are stopping adhering to social distancing. Its like anything the longer anything goes on for the more people start to ignore and do their own thing.

By *ay SableMan  over a year ago

Northampton/Birmingham

I won't be taking any new vaccine until some years have passed lol.

[Removed by poster at 27/06/20 23:01:22]

Lots are meeting. I know a girl off here who has had a gangbang a few weeks ago

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'll wait until after our summer hols before thinking about sex

That said I've had it so am not worried about it for me personally any more.

"I'll wait until after our summer hols before thinking about sex

That said I've had it so am not worried about it for me personally any more. "

You know that 'immunity' only last a while though? As with any virus including corona viruses, the body builds up anti bodies which will become less powerful/effective over time. Not me trying to be clever, but standard science

Leeds

That said I've had it so am not worried about it for me personally any more. "

You do know there is a possibility you can get it again...

It's an evolving virus like a cold, even if there is a vaccine it will not stop the spread. It has been quoted as a near perfect virus and the human race will need to learn to live with it and along side with it!

This nonsense has gone on too long "

Yes so so true

By *exy-schoolieTV/TS  over a year ago

lancashire

Plandemic folks

B38

"I won't be taking any new vaccine until some years have passed lol."

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It's an evolving virus like a cold, even if there is a vaccine it will not stop the spread. It has been quoted as a near perfect virus and the human race will need to learn to live with it and along side with it! "

The rate of mutation has been fairly limited, so a vaccine may stop it, despite mutations - it depends where mutations occur and how the vaccine identifies and targets the virus.

If vaccine trials show that they are safe and effective, it's surely the most intelligent thing to do to wait until then, to take any decision on whether to have 1 of them.

Why people compare it to the flu, it’s more in line with the cold and we’ve never found a vaccine for that. People are meeting thats for sure, you can see it in statuses.

There’ll come a time where each of us will wabt sex so bad we will waiver. We wouldn’t be on here if we weren’t that sexual

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

That said I've had it so am not worried about it for me personally any more.

You know that 'immunity' only last a while though? As with any virus including corona viruses, the body builds up anti bodies which will become less powerful/effective over time. Not me trying to be clever, but standard science "

You know that I've stocked paracetamol in my house in both tablet form and Calpol and continue to do so

Even if I get it 3 or 4 times annually it won't stop me putting my life on hold outside the isolation periods and knowing I don't carry it without symptoms, I'm no danger to others.

My gp believes Even if I can (unlikely) get it again it'll be milder than it was in march.

Even before covid I liked personal space, I didn't randomly lick elderly or other people before so I won't start now

By *picyrodMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

My city going on lockdown cant see meets happening till vaccination

some people are meeting or want to meet ....looking at the illegal parties and the beaches .people are acting like its normal again.its still around and will create a spike like leister...

too soon and not safe but just my opion

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Who says there will be an effective vaccine?

For the average healthy person under 55/60 there is more chance of dying from driving to a meet than dying of Covid 19.

People are, in the main, completely risk illiterate.

Manchester (she/her)

"Who says there will be an effective vaccine?

For the average healthy person under 55/60 there is more chance of dying from driving to a meet than dying of Covid 19.

People are, in the main, completely risk illiterate."

Sure. But death isn't the only risk. There's growing evidence of after effects. You might be alive but you might take a year to be able to walk again, you might have impaired lung function. You might develop neurological symptoms. These things are emerging.

Or you might be ok but someone you pass it onto might not be.

Death isn't the only bad outcome, and it isn't just about you.

Some already meeting

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Who says there will be an effective vaccine?

People are, in the main, completely risk illiterate."

I agree everything has risks and you are correct in saying that if you under 60 and are not overweight, diabetic, have high blood pressure, heart problems, asthma or allergies or copd you are more likely to die in a car accident than covid. Covid doesn't kill many people under 60 but it does disable plenty of people under 60, leaving life long lung and kidney damage. Am not saying don't do anything but be aware of risks not just the headline death rate.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

People take risks with their sexual health already so I don’t think a virus will put them off. Arrangements to meet will already be in the pipeline for some. It’s a no from me though.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

Sure. But death isn't the only risk. There's growing evidence of after effects. You might be alive but you might take a year to be able to walk again, you might have impaired lung function. You might develop neurological symptoms. These things are emerging.

Death isn't the only bad outcome, and it isn't just about you."

Funny then that no one has ever run around hysterically saying 'lock us up, lock my vehicle up' because air pollution kills at least 64,000 a year in the UK from heart disease alone (Source European Heart Journal), that also has much worse long term consequences on those it doesn't kill and in particular children whose lungs have not matured.

In addition lockdown has killed many thousands from collateral damage and will kill many more yet from the coming economic collapse.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Funny then that no one has ever run around hysterically saying 'lock us up, lock my vehicle up' because air pollution kills at least 64,000 a year in the UK from heart disease alone (Source European Heart Journal), that also has much worse long term consequences on those it doesn't kill and in particular children whose lungs have not matured.

In addition lockdown has killed many thousands from collateral damage and will kill many more yet from the coming economic collapse."

Air pollution isn't a contagious disease we know very little about. And you know, I'm capable of caring about more than one thing at once, and I do what I can to mitigate lots of different harms to myself and others.

I'm recovering from mild/ very mild Covid-19. I've been housebound for nearly two months and it'll be months before I'm OK again. I'm 34 and had no known risk factors, was taking various supplements to mitigate the seriousness of disease, was fit and well, and had no relevant underlying conditions

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"The thing is already mutating and weakening, they can't make one. it won't be widely reported As its all about the money baby.

££££$$$$$€€€€€"

It doesn't matter how often you repeat it, it won't make it come true lol

"

In addition lockdown has killed many thousands from collateral damage and will kill many more yet from the coming economic collapse."

But the government are making cars go all electric to combat air pollution soooo that sort of answers that

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

Status updates now regularly contain meet up requests, very disappointing but oh so predictable.

It wouldn't be the worst idea to suspend them like the meet request option.

Although it is a good way of spotting idiots !

the wetlands

"Status updates now regularly contain meet up requests, very disappointing but oh so predictable.

It wouldn't be the worst idea to suspend them like the meet request option.

Although it is a good way of spotting idiots !"

As there's nothing wrong with meeting socially why worry ? If you don't agree don't meet simple ?

By *nigma2000Man  over a year ago

Keighley

Surely after the 4th july meeting someone from another household is allowed?

the wetlands

"Surely after the 4th july meeting someone from another household is allowed?"

It's fine now ...

They may NEVER find a vaccine.

HIV has been around 40 years and they still haven't found a vaccine (!!!)

There are no guarantees they'll find one for this coronavirus. None whatsoever.

By *moothnessMan  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 29/06/20 13:50:21]

By *moothnessMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Will be interesting to see what happens when Fab open the meets function.

"They may NEVER find a vaccine.

There are no guarantees they'll find one for this coronavirus. None whatsoever. "

There are no guarantees with anything in life - but speaking as someone who is very vulnerable, there has to be hope. Right now I have to believe that there will one day be a vaccine, and I can take it, and then I will be able to live a relatively normal life. Because the alternatives (long term isolation or death) just don't really bear thinking about.

Manchester (she/her)

"They may NEVER find a vaccine.

There are no guarantees they'll find one for this coronavirus. None whatsoever.

There are no guarantees with anything in life - but speaking as someone who is very vulnerable, there has to be hope. Right now I have to believe that there will one day be a vaccine, and I can take it, and then I will be able to live a relatively normal life. Because the alternatives (long term isolation or death) just don't really bear thinking about. "

This is one of the biggest most concentrated efforts in medical history. I have hope.

Big hugs

» Add a new message to this topic