FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > BA flight cancelled- refund

BA flight cancelled- refund

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arc and Kama OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Hey,

Our flight was just cancelled because of covid.

We wanted refund but the only option to start the process is to call them.

Of course it is impossible to get connected as “our lines are busy, please try later”

Anyone managed to get in touch with BA ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

“Patience is a Virtue”

Birmingham

Agree but there is even no option to stay on the line and “listen a music”.... just “goodbye”

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Will your credit card refund you immediately then they can claim off the airline?

Go to their desk at the airport. If they cancelled they should refund.

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"Will your credit card refund you immediately then they can claim off the airline?

"

Go to their desk at the airport?? No, don't do this as they have nothing to do with refunds.

Use the call centre, also check travel bloggers advice for which numbers are best to use.

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

I'm still waiting for refunds for 5 Ryanair flights that were cancelled in March - not looking great tbf

Rabbit

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

Our flights to canada were cancelled . No option of a refund just re book within 24 months

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sister booked BA flights from Gatwick to New York for herself and a friend, flying out in October.

BA cancelled the flights due to the uncertainty over Corona.

They contacted her, giving her the option to have a refund, vouchers for a later date, or rebooking the flights from Heathrow with an upgrade for the transfer to and from the hotel. She chose the last option. They rang her the following day, and offered her a choice of several flights for the same date as originally booked.

She said it was a painless transaction, very helpful staff and was sorted out there and then.

By *edGMan  over a year ago

Daventry

if you go into BA website you can get onto live chat with an agent. I did it last week, it is a bit "non obvious" difficult but you can get there

By *entcouple69Couple  over a year ago

London/Kent

This may not be helpful but if you want a voucher, it’s really easy to get. You go to this link:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=covidn

Fill in a few basic details and it’s emailed over in a matter of minutes. You can use this against any bookings within a year I believe.

If it’s an actual refund, I imagine you will need to talk to them. And then that’s assuming you booked a flexible ticket etc. I had this pain last week. I literally wanted to change a passenger on the booking as one had an operation date come through for a week before we were due to fly and they just wouldn’t do it. My only option was to get the voucher. To be fair though, didn’t take all that long to get through.

Good luck!

"Hey,

Our flight was just cancelled because of covid.

We wanted refund but the only option to start the process is to call them.

Of course it is impossible to get connected as “our lines are busy, please try later”

Anyone managed to get in touch with BA ?"

A friend of ours had a similar problem. They went onto the BA twitter site and complained on there. Low and behold they got a reply and a full refund within days.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Our flights to canada were cancelled . No option of a refund just re book within 24 months"

They have to legally offer a refund, even if they would prefer to give vouchers

Birmingham

Thank you for your feedback, here and by direct messaging.

There was a few of us under one booking, so I need to get a refund and give money back our friends.

Current process to refund the money says that I have to call. The refund is not automatically.

Voucher is no option to me.

Well I will keep calling...

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Strange how they can take a payment in 10 seconds but it takes weeks to pay the money back the other way.

Stranger still is that all the people on cancelled flights are known to the airlines but you have to claim the money back instead of them just bulk processing them.

A more cynical person could be forgiven for thinking that they might be trying to make things hard as a deterrant...

By *andy101Couple  over a year ago

walsall

Exactly the same cancelled our Gatwick flight to Antigua in August just on Thursday claim there going to get in touch with us to discuss we'll see

When phoning BA ignore all the number selections they give you (press1 for....) etc. Wait till they get to the end and hold on. You should find that your call is answered very quickly. Always works for me

V

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Automated banking systems can take money more or less instantaneously.

Refunds however, need to be manually entered to be paid. Hence the time delays.

Got a refund from BA eventually but took about a dozen calls to get through to an operator. Once I got through it was handled very quickly but your only option is to keep trying I’m afraid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If another good thing could come from this pandemic, it would be for organisations to ensure that they can process refunds with fast automatic simplicity.

This currently seems like astone age cumbersome system that ought to be outlawed.

As they've perfeccted the process of getting paid, they need to finish the job for paying us back our money

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Just be thankful it’s not Ryanair

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Virgin holidays a nightmare. I'll be lucky to get a penny back before Christmas.

BA were fab, refund to my card within days and it took less than an hour to get through on the phone when I called, a fair few weeks ago now.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

"Thank you for your feedback, here and by direct messaging.

There was a few of us under one booking, so I need to get a refund and give money back our friends.

Current process to refund the money says that I have to call. The refund is not automatically.

Voucher is no option to me.

Well I will keep calling..."

As others have said if you paid by your credit card contact them together get a refund. There is no obligation to contact a retailer first.

Most of the major credit card lenders have set up Pro formas with the big airlines to settle refunds.

Id expect this to be a more efficient way to get your money back if you have paid via credit card and don't want a call centers hold music to suck your soul away

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Will your credit card refund you immediately then they can claim off the airline?

"

You need to prove to the bank/cc company that you made all reasonable effort to contact the company and have them time to respond.

There's no admin staff for airlines at airports

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I'm still waiting for refunds for 5 Ryanair flights that were cancelled in March - not looking great tbf

Rabbit "

I know someone got thier Ryanair refund. I'm still waiting for mine

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

You need to prove to the bank/cc company that you made all reasonable effort to contact the company and have them time to respond.

There's no admin staff for airlines at airports "

I once ask for my bank to get a refund for me. it was an case of just filling in a form and showing any evidence of the purchase or communication you had with them.

i got now 4 refunds to chase. I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow to see what they can do.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

There's no admin staff for airlines at airports "

I once ask for my bank to get a refund for me. it was an case of just filling in a form and showing any evidence of the purchase or communication you had with them.

i got now 4 refunds to chase. I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow to see what they can do.

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

colchester

Had my holiday to Dubai cancelled in may! Got money for hotel etc last month and flight money last week from Emirates!

Booked another last week for Thursday this week (on the phone to a agent) no spaces for initial date 7th July, she says 2nd is available picked that paid it etc! Cancelled today cause of the date!

» Add a new message to this topic