FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is your lockdown over

Is your lockdown over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entlemenpip OP   Man  over a year ago

not far

So let's be honest almost everyone's is mine has been for ages now i go to work same as i did before I shop the same as I did before the only real change is private life

What about you are you still in lockdown or is it basically over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m being very very careful

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're not locked down anymore but we are being cautious. Still washing hands, wearing a mask in crowded places etc. That is life for the foreseeable future for many of us I think.

It’s been over for ages here but we are still following certain rules like wearing masks out and about.

Last week the French government announced that if a 2nd wave comes there will be no new lockdown basically because of the economy!!!

T

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Nothing like the old normal here. Avoiding crowded places, pubs, shops, and anywhere that involves a queue. I can work from home and although I've had to go in a couple of times to get things but fully intend to carry on working at home as much as possible. I don't want to be caught up in having to isolate, so the less places I need to leave details for track & trace the better.

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

I think to most people it much more about getting back to a sense of normality now while keeping to certain things eg face covering on public transport and keeping distance while going around town etc. To myself it all about having some common sense which is sadly lacking in this day and age.

Just waiting for a date for the gyms to open in Wales then I'll be happy getting there slowly with everything else

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Ill play it safe & continue avoiding people & shops as much as practically possible

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Had cortozone in a bad knee Friday so in total isolation for seven days.

But I was in lockdown anyway although was taking distance walks with friends and had been out for a meal up till then,will return to this level after this week

By *illybare partyMan  over a year ago

hotel in teeside once a month

I've been back to work. Half my clients are very careful. The other have are just treating it as normality it's wired to I work retail and it's very very quiet even tho the high street seems busy

Op,

I'm only out twice a week....

Before lockdown, I was never in!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

In lockdown but will be travelling abroad in a few weeks, so will probably relax a little. Overdue a great few fuck sessions

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

definitely not back to normal...mainly staying in but masked up when out and about around other people. Surprising how quickly you adapt.

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

[Removed by poster at 11/07/20 18:33:51]

Mine isn't really. Still not back at work until the end of July at the earliest, still avoiding the town centre as much as possible - I've only been to town twice since March and both times were in the past two weeks - and I'm still staying home as much as possible.

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

Things never changed much for Mr as a key worker.

Although my business was non essential, I worked online to went there and to the post office fairly regularly to send orders.

Still avoiding going out to the shops with the kids as much as possible.

Still not going in my parents house and they haven’t hugged the kids in months, which we are all looking forward to changing, I’m just not sure when that will be

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Business as usual apart from seeing live bands,and karaoke bar... gonna be a busy 2021

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

I'm still working at home as we're not allowed in the office yet but hopeful this will be changing shortly.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"We're not locked down anymore but we are being cautious. Still washing hands, wearing a mask in crowded places etc. That is life for the foreseeable future for many of us I think. "

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Mines not over by a long shot.

It’s not the same as it was in the early days but it’s still there just with some different rules attached

It's nice being able to do a few more things that seem almost normal albeit different

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Before lockdown I was walking around 7 miles a day and was always out now I'm driving to take the kids to school and back and not going anywhere unless I really have to

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

My lockdown isn’t over. I go to work and I go home. I go out walking but I do it early or late so I don’t bump into anyone.

I've never stopped working so business as usual. I mean life.

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"I've never stopped working so business as usual. I mean life."

Same

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Totally over for us both working even the pubs are open now

[Removed by poster at 12/07/20 08:46:23]

"So let's be honest almost everyone's is mine has been for ages now i go to work same as i did before I shop the same as I did before the only real change is private life

What about you are you still in lockdown or is it basically over "

All over for me

Still following shielding guidelines

Still Sheilding here

By *heorgasmaddictMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Still working from home, won't be going near a pub or a bar this year. Wearing a mask if I'm out.

Still pretty much lockdown here, work still hasn't opened and where we live is miles from anywhere, been indoors for over a month now.

Danish x

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I think the difference really depends on your job Really doesn’t it. It’s all been a very different experience for different people and that in itself causes a divide.

I‘Ve been to work every day and doing the shopping etc where as my OH has had to work from home. He took great offence yesterday when I asked him how going to the office was after 4 months of being at home. It was a genuine question but he seemed put out somehow.

As an observation it was the ‘locked down’ on my social media etc that were always shoutier about people being too close in supermarkets Etc whereas my key worker friends seemed less ‘fraught’.

So my lockdown never really seemed to be a thing... apart from cancelling a holiday and swingfields life seemed absolutely the same

By *edditchCouple8077Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

It never was lockdown for us,cause as key workers we were committed to work all time much harder than usual.

Only more trouble to do shopping,child care etc.

Hope all back to normal soon

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"It never was lockdown for us,cause as key workers we were committed to work all time much harder than usual.

Hope all back to normal soon"

Work has been harder! It’s been a strange, rotten time xx

Will continue for the foreseeable

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"It’s been over for ages here but we are still following certain rules like wearing masks out and about.

Last week the French government announced that if a 2nd wave comes there will be no new lockdown basically because of the economy!!!

T"

reakon that is gona be the view of nearly all goverments

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

Nothing changed for me apart from my sex life. I work from a home office, I bearly see anyone out side my family so was business as usual

"It never was lockdown for us,cause as key workers we were committed to work all time much harder than usual.

Hope all back to normal soon"

Thanks for your work

We went out last night, meal and pubs. It's pretty much over. We managed to walk in to 3 pubs after we had been to the 2 we had booked. We didn't have to supply any details. One had hand sanitizer at the door. One was operating a one way system, but other than that, it's pretty much business as usual.

I can see why some pubs are operating like this. If they have to effectively track and trace, if they get a case they have to shut. They just can't afford to I suppose.

Should be back at work soon Until then thanks Rishi. Been to pubs a few times shopping as normal basically since the start. Seeing several friends for quite some time. Missing pub quizzes. Carry a couple of face covering/masks...but rarely if ever used them. Will be eating out again now they are opening....especially in August. 2 weeks hols booked in September.

For me it's other people's restrictions giving the effect...not mine.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Not much changed for us. Worked harder than ever throughout.

The only thing we missed is social time with friends and family.

We are starting to go out now though, incl the local restaurant on Friday night, it was brilliant to be out again.

Life has to move forwards.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

I’m shielding which means that lockdown is by no means over for me. I can now stop social distancing from my husband at home which is good. I am still not able to go to work, still not meant to go in any shops, restaurants and pubs. However I am now allowed to exercise outdoors as much as I want and am allowed to meet upto 6 people outdoors if we maintain social distancing. Basically, shielders are where the general public were weeks ago but with some extra precautions thrown in.

This week I’ve been out twice, once in to Coventry city centre and once into Birmingham. Although I couldn’t enjoy a proper traipse around the shops, I did go to a couple of places for stuff I needed. Thankfully, both cities were very quiet compared to pre covid and the shops I went in were empty. I had a wonderful time and actually felt normal again for the 1st time in 4 months

Life is partly back to normal but I've worked most of it anyway.

I'm very high risk and supposed to be shielding but I'm not as I had already worked through the worst of it due to my GP forgetting to send me the letter, i have had 2 letters now plus emergency food parcels (by mistake).

I was cautious for ages at first, hubby did the shopping etc but at my work its impossible to socially distance and we don't use PPE.

Now, apart from work, i avoid crowds when possible and we spend a lot of time on our own but do see family now.

We live outside the Leicester Lockdown area but some people i work with live within it and are still coming to work. If we have any possible cases then i will shield straight away.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Definitely not over here. Kids & I are still living a very quiet life and keeping pretty much to ourselves, I expect once they return to school in August we will gradually find a new normal.

M is a frontline worker so has been working throughout.

K

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Pretty much over for me. Started back at work last week and my favourite club, The Gatehouse, reopened last week. I've been twice so far, social only but it's great to catch up with friends I haven't seen for ages.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Work has changed little, just being careful !

I have to shop for food, just being careful !

Not going to the pub, wont be returning to the gym, not going anywhere I dont have to go.

Not locked down, just applying common sense till i am happier that things are under control.

Not over for us but living near the sea it’s certainly looks over for thousands visiting

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"I think to most people it much more about getting back to a sense of normality now while keeping to certain things eg face covering on public transport and keeping distance while going around town etc. To myself it all about having some common sense which is sadly lacking in this day and age."

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Not for me, hibernating from the world.

May never return, apart from work.

It's kind of put a massive dampener on my social life. Prefer to be cocooned.

The world is a different place now, not fun any more.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I'm slowly getting back to normal, still avoiding public transport and being mindful of other people but I've been out once for drinks with friends and am going out again this Friday, I carry some disposable face masks on my bag in case I'm in a position that I need one.

I think as long as people are mindful of others, wash hands, wear masks when needed and act sensibly, there's no reason we can't start living again albeit in a different way.

Nothing really changed for me; I've been at work throughout, food shops have remained open, buses have run albeit on a reduced timetable, etc.

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Worked throughout apart from time off when I had virus so not much changed for us really when lockdown happened

Work is so restrictive for healthworkers & getting more so - it seems unrelentless & no end in sight.

By *itty559Woman  over a year ago

Fresno

Here we were at stage 2 of reopening everything and then last weekend numbers sky rocketed. My little town is now on the watch list because people are being stupid and having parties and not practicing safety. I dont go out unless I absolutely have to...but people in my area are idiots. Im sure the government is going to put us back on lockdown because of this.

Having got 2 friend so who have tested positive over the last week, I'm not going to return to normal quite yet. I also got a holiday booked in 3 weeks, which after working through lockdown is much needed; so I'm not risking catching it

By *hloversCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside & Isle of Man

We made a decision to move to our house in the Isle of Man instead of staying in Merseyside when the virus was rapidly escalating throughout the UK in early March which turned out to be a good decision.

We realise how lucky we are to have had that option but the Island is pretty well back to 100% normality and has been for a while now. There's been no new cases here for 52 days now.

Our pubs and all shops have been fully open for 4 weeks now. No distancing, no face masks anywhere and we could legitimately host a swingers party at ours......if there were any genuine swingers here to invite!!

This has only been possible due to the Isle of Man Government closing down the borders between the Island and the UK. No indication yet of when that will be relaxed as it is dependant on the UK having a greater degree of control over the virus which still seems some distance off.

That does of course mean we are "trapped here" for the foreseeable future and our busy swinging lives & parties are on hold. Miss our UK swinging friends very much but we feel totally safe here with no risk to our health and that's more important than anything else.

Just need the UK to get its act together now so we can travel back!

Lockdown never had an Impact on me, I've been social distancing for about 6 years now due to where I live and have been working all through lockdown so have been one of the fortunate ones. I do miss going for meets though

"Here we were at stage 2 of reopening everything and then last weekend numbers sky rocketed. My little town is now on the watch list because people are being stupid and having parties and not practicing safety. I dont go out unless I absolutely have to...but people in my area are idiots. Im sure the government is going to put us back on lockdown because of this."

I've been led to believe from various CV forums I'm on , that no matter what happens we won't go into lockdown again because the economy can't take it.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Here we were at stage 2 of reopening everything and then last weekend numbers sky rocketed. My little town is now on the watch list because people are being stupid and having parties and not practicing safety. I dont go out unless I absolutely have to...but people in my area are idiots. Im sure the government is going to put us back on lockdown because of this.

I've been led to believe from various CV forums I'm on , that no matter what happens we won't go into lockdown again because the economy can't take it."

Yep probably this

"Here we were at stage 2 of reopening everything and then last weekend numbers sky rocketed. My little town is now on the watch list because people are being stupid and having parties and not practicing safety. I dont go out unless I absolutely have to...but people in my area are idiots. Im sure the government is going to put us back on lockdown because of this.

I've been led to believe from various CV forums I'm on , that no matter what happens we won't go into lockdown again because the economy can't take it.

Yep probably this "

So regardless of second/third waves, huge increases in cases/deaths, it's a stuff upper lip and get on with it

By *chilles and RavenCouple  over a year ago

Guernsey

No cases here for over 2 months island completely out of lockdown.... everything back to normal apart from 2 weeks quarantine if you leave the island.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Here we were at stage 2 of reopening everything and then last weekend numbers sky rocketed. My little town is now on the watch list because people are being stupid and having parties and not practicing safety. I dont go out unless I absolutely have to...but people in my area are idiots. Im sure the government is going to put us back on lockdown because of this."

I'm not sure numbers have sky rocketed.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Yep probably this

So regardless of second/third waves, huge increases in cases/deaths, it's a stuff upper lip and get on with it"

Pretty much

The new French Prime Minister has said no more lockdowns as the cost to the economy is far to much. Regardless of subsequent waves.

Our own goverment own message has changed this last week from work at home were possible to stop working from home now and start working at work where at all possible to help save the economy.

We have the sapre beds and the unused nightingales in place so i cant see and more full lockdowns happening now as the economic damage is just to great let alone the damage to peoples mental health and loosing everything they have worked hard to build.

I work for a council and its very much a clash of 2 opposing sides. On one side are those still scared wanting to lockdown fully under the virus is pretty much eradicated and on the other side you have people back at work fifhting to get all the services back online to a, save jobs and b, support our residents.

Meetings have become very ugly in recent weeks.

KJ x

It's never been on. Been working through it all so ain't been no different.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Yes and no.

Both back at work and the mrs is dealing with Joe public with all the face masks, hand sanitizer and what not.

So in that sense getting back to normal.

Outside of that though we will be avoiding crowds and public areas for some time.

By *arpePinguisWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

I'm broadly back to normal but I work from home anyway, so not a lot of change for me. I'm socially awkward so I prefer late night supermarket shopping. Saw one friend for outdoor drink but pretty much sticking to video calls for catching up. Do miss meets! And I don't think I'll be at a club anytime this year, as well as having had my March holiday cancelled and choosing to postpone my November cruise. My regular playmate sees other women so not likely to meet him for a while, might meet someone else who'll stick to just meeting me while we await the vaccine

Was never on lockdown due to my job so for me seeing more people out and about has freaked me out a little not going to lie

"Was never on lockdown due to my job so for me seeing more people out and about has freaked me out a little not going to lie "

Why?

Work for Police Scotland

"Work for Police Scotland"

Why are you freaked out by people being out and about though?

By *inkyfella69Man  over a year ago

North Hampshire

I’ve worked all the way through lockdown so only real difference is social distancing, regular washing of hands, face mask if going out and extra cleaning, the rest has stayed the same

"Work for Police Scotland

Why are you freaked out by people being out and about though?"

Its been that quiet then all of a sudden boom people everywhere lol must have got used to my own bubble tbh

Its been that quiet then all of a sudden boom people everywhere lol must have got used to my own bubble tbh"

Surely not in that job

Its been that quiet then all of a sudden boom people everywhere lol must have got used to my own bubble tbh

Surely not in that job "

Said I work for police scotland doesn't not make me a serving officer

By *RGreeneyes90Man  over a year ago

hitchin

"So let's be honest almost everyone's is mine has been for ages now i go to work same as i did before I shop the same as I did before the only real change is private life

What about you are you still in lockdown or is it basically over "

Same for me. I never stopped work. Life in general stayed the same. All bar one thing. I wasn't able to see my child. 3 months I went without seeing her or touching her. Was real hard. But its been about 5-6weeks now iv been able to see her. So life really is back to normal. Soon the social life will pick up

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

The school I work for is only open to 200 out of 1400 kids and I am not one of the staff required in. I've had it made clear that I will not be permitted in the building if I even try to enter. So...kind of working from home when they give me something to do.

I haven't been far from home since March, really visited one friend as it's now permitted and been to one drive in movie with the wife. I've not been on public transport, not been into London which usually I would do for work and social reasons. Most of the things my partners and I would do are cancelled or not yet permitted. I cannot touch my "wife2" as she's critically vulnerable. I cannot hold the social meetings that I usually do, I can't see my "polycule" or hug friends. The jazz/blues club I used to frequent has held it's last gig ever. The outdoor pool won't open until next year. The campsites aren't accepting tents.

No, lockdown is not over for me.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I feel like I haven't been in lockdown due to my profession, everything is still the same.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

I think we all need to put the risks into perspective and remember must of us are far more likely to die this year from something other than CV19 than we are from CV19. A UK male aged 35-44 has a 1 in 663 of dying in an average year, 1 in 1106 for ladies. This rises to 1 in 279 and 1 in 421 for 45-55yr olds.

Of those 30-49 who tested positive the average mortality rate in UK is about 0.1% or 1 in 1000. Yes I take precautions to avoid CV19 but more to reduce the risk to others than myself, I take precautions to try not die of many other things too. I don’t normally live in constant fear of dying this year so I refuse to live in fear of dying from CV19. Be safe and be sensible but don’t be afraid (unless you are high risk, sucks to be you, sorry).

I've been led to believe from various CV forums I'm on , that no matter what happens we won't go into lockdown again because the economy can't take it."

Leicester has.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I think we all need to put the risks into perspective and remember must of us are far more likely to die this year from something other than CV19 than we are from CV19. A UK male aged 35-44 has a 1 in 663 of dying in an average year, 1 in 1106 for ladies. This rises to 1 in 279 and 1 in 421 for 45-55yr olds.

Of those 30-49 who tested positive the average mortality rate in UK is about 0.1% or 1 in 1000. Yes I take precautions to avoid CV19 but more to reduce the risk to others than myself, I take precautions to try not die of many other things too. I don’t normally live in constant fear of dying this year so I refuse to live in fear of dying from CV19. Be safe and be sensible but don’t be afraid (unless you are high risk, sucks to be you, sorry).

"

Its not dying of covid you need to worry about especially if you are under 60. Its the long term damage covid does to your lungs, kidneys and heart etc. The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I think we all need to put the risks into perspective and remember must of us are far more likely to die this year from something other than CV19 than we are from CV19. A UK male aged 35-44 has a 1 in 663 of dying in an average year, 1 in 1106 for ladies. This rises to 1 in 279 and 1 in 421 for 45-55yr olds.

Its not dying of covid you need to worry about especially if you are under 60. Its the long term damage covid does to your lungs, kidneys and heart etc. The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate."

How do you know the long term effects of a disease that's only 6 months old ?

Durham

Its not dying of covid you need to worry about especially if you are under 60. Its the long term damage covid does to your lungs, kidneys and heart etc. The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate.

How do you know the long term effects of a disease that's only 6 months old ?"

Because kidneys hearts and lungs don't magically get better.

London

[Removed by poster at 13/07/20 18:14:43]

London

Its not dying of covid you need to worry about especially if you are under 60. Its the long term damage covid does to your lungs, kidneys and heart etc.

The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate."

That’s true, the long term damage the virus causes is a cause for concern.

the wetlands

Because kidneys hearts and lungs don't magically get better. "

Can you tell me the numbers affected, the breakdown of the effects and the details of the study ?

Its nice to see long term 6 month studies.

Durham

Can you tell me the numbers affected, the breakdown of the effects and the details of the study ?

Its nice to see long term 6 month studies."

Know about the kidney and lung damage from someone in my family. His renal ward was full of covid patients at the time. Normal discharge is kidney function of 20%. He was discharged at 17% in one kidney because the bed was needed. Kidneys can recover a bit over time but he will be lucky to have 40% kidney function. We won't know the extent of long term damage covid has done for years especially the lung damage.

I am not saying don't do something but don't just look at the death rate.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Its nice to see long term 6 month studies."

I was going to ask the same thing.

You said "The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate"

I have been told different and whilst covid19 can have terrible effects on survivors it was explained to me that roughly 50% died in ICUs and in the other 50% who survive the chance of serious long term effects is very high.

KJ x

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I genuinely worry about being stuck single forever.

Fed up with working at home all the way through.

Need a break.

Its not over for me. Ive worked all the way through it except when i was isolated for two weeks as i had covid 19. At work we still follow strict guidelines. At home i only go out if i have too. Why because too many people think its all over and dont follow the rules. Lives are still being lost.

I go supermarket shopping once every two weeks. Only other time I go out is to the garden centre, Post Office or to visit my folks, apart from exercise. Before lockdown I spent most of my time flying round the world and when at home most days I would visit the gym.

As near as damn it, I’m still in lockdown. I’ve seen friends once for a socially distanced drink and chat in their garden.

Am just being that little more careful,and washing hands that bit more

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

For me - I was talking with someone about this today

Nope I am not back to normal

Still working from home for the foresable as I have to get the tube to the office everyday and I don’t want to go on it every day at the moment

No football in grounds

No swinging clubs

So not really

"Ill play it safe & continue avoiding people & shops as much as practically possible"

How is lockdown over? Rhetorical question?

For us no far from it ..working as a lead nurse on covid wards and being ultra careful hoping not to take it home..while lots of people have pretty much gone back to how it was.Dont get me wrong we are wanting to get back to some kind of normal being extra careful doing online shopping face masks etc..just feel a lot have forgotten how bad this got..move forward slowly yes but remember the new norm is very different and respect others distancing when your out..

Not complete lockdown. Walk the dogs, food shopping once a week. Just no unnecessary contact.

"Op,

I'm only out twice a week....

Before lockdown, I was never in!

"

Snap!

That is exactly same for me. I have plenty of material things so non essential items not an issue. Only really need to go out for shopping or can get deliveries.

Prelockdown was always out

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Still sheilding only allowed out for hospital

Was looking forward to freedom but not so sure now start shaking when I think of going out daft I know

I never had a lockdown 40+ hours working in the community as a key worker, child still in school setting. All that was different was I had to line up to get in to Aldi once and my all but non existent social life became completely non existent

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I was never in one.... worked all the way through .... just couldn’t have Sunday lunch in the pub

By *eeBDMan  over a year ago

Wigston

Nope, not over at all. I live in Leicester...

"I was never in one.... worked all the way through .... just couldn’t have Sunday lunch in the pub "

Isn't it just, everyone else "remember the time we all had like months of work on full pay or 80% and the weather was lovely and I got so much done..." yeah not me lol

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Went back to work last week for a couple of short days, but it's surreal. I work in central London and my journey takes me along the Thames. There are usually dozens of tourist buses, throngs of people, standing room only.

Now empty buses,no tourist, the roads are deserted...loving my commute but it's so dead.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"I was never in one.... worked all the way through .... just couldn’t have Sunday lunch in the pub

Isn't it just, everyone else "remember the time we all had like months of work on full pay or 80% and the weather was lovely and I got so much done..." yeah not me lol"

There was a lockdown? Thank fuck I don't watch the news.

"There was a lockdown? Thank fuck I don't watch the news. "

Pandemic/lockdown and social distancing is something that should be taken seriously and not lightly. This has effected the World. Some people think it may be irreversible... but we are a resilient World! So no virus is going to stop us from moving forward. No matter how contagious it is!

Watch out for fake news though

Because that is on the rise and I have to admit it took me by surprise because I was not looking or listening to that sort of information for a long time! So my usual guard/barrier for such manipulation of the truth had a weakness!

Weakness being my good nature and heart strings being pulled on for a fake sob story. Grr-ing

That will never happen again.

Stay away from fake news and stay safe from Covid-19. That virus is one contagious... * !!

Fake news? From where? I don't do telly, social media(excl fab) or papers.

the wetlands

"Fake news? From where? I don't do telly, social media(excl fab) or papers. "

19 positive tests and rising from a house party in Limavady in case you missed the news

Nope, still seeing people come into ICU, still knowing they have a flip of a coins chance of never leaving us, still dealing with people who will become a figure in a daily total tomorrow.

There’s a lot of concern for the months ahead and what that may bring.

"Fake news? From where? I don't do telly, social media(excl fab) or papers.

19 positive tests and rising from a house party in Limavady in case you missed the news "

And your point is? Over a million now tested positive not over a million dead. Being positive doesn't mean you're going to die, just an number on the stats

the wetlands

"Fake news? From where? I don't do telly, social media(excl fab) or papers.

19 positive tests and rising from a house party in Limavady in case you missed the news And your point is? Over a million now tested positive not over a million dead. Being positive doesn't mean you're going to die, just an number on the stats "

The fact that we had 1-2 cases a day and 1 death in over a week and a rise to 19 KNOWN cases because someone threw a party. No it's completely insignificant and not a true example of what could happen soon if we're not careful.

But many said in February not to worry .... Didn't they ?

I'm still pretty reclusive. I've been living a very quiet life. I'm scared to get it, it will kill me. I've actually forgotten what normal life is all about!

Nothing has changed in my day to day life, but my socialising at cluns and partys has obviously stopped...thank god for webcams

Over for us.

Ive never been in lockdown just carried on as normal....

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

"Ive never been in lockdown just carried on as normal.... "

Good to know we can reply on Yr support good on yer

Hope non of Yr friends or family died from it

There truly are some selfish people in our population... #unbelievable

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

" Its not dying of covid you need to worry about especially if you are under 60. Its the long term damage covid does to your lungs, kidneys and heart etc. The % of long term covid disabled in younger people is many times higher than the death rate."

I've said elsewhere, a girl I know has been left brain damaged, caught from dad who was asymptomatic. Counted as two positive cases, no deaths. Equally heartbreaking.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"Ive never been in lockdown just carried on as normal.... "

Thank you so much for being one of the people who means I can't have any physical contact with my partner who I don't live with for months.

Thank you for being over of the people who ensures my mate, who's mother is terminally ill, aunt be able to hug her goodbye or arrange a proper funeral.

Fucking selfish.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

no its horrendous being in such a long lockdown

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm no longer housebound/ on self imposed house arrest, but I'm avoiding the vast majority of non essential activity and am masked outside of my house, period.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I've known a few people get COVID-19, have quite a few family members in the NHS and a number who are particularly vulnerable.

So, no, my lockdown is not over.

I would love my lock down to be over but I can't. I can't even relax it to have a social bubble

Carer. All my clients are shielded. Can you imagine the crap I'd get if I took it into a client. So to keep them alive, I'm living like a shielded person other than going to work, in full ppe. I even have my shopping delivered.

And then I hear selfish ppl say they aren't being careful. Boils my piss

Feels neverending in Leicester!

Lockdown here for over a year. Nothing changed for me when the whole country went into lockdown. It actually made it a bit easier as everyone was in the same boat.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Worked all the way through had to travel abroad during the lock down as well. Only noticeable difference to my routine was restaurants and bars being closed and shop visits being surreal.

So lockdown wasn’t really that much of a deal anyway for me.

More or less back to normal now albeit with a snazzy mask when I go out.

I am back to doing everything I did before lockdown now.

So yes mine is over.

By *aul happyMan  over a year ago

tilgate crawley

i dont think normality will ever return .... in one form or another this virus has effected and changed most people in the things we do and the way we go about our lives and our relationships

Guernsey

Lock down has been over since May, no social distancing, no masks, everything is normal here. Except if you leave the island you must self isolated for 2 weeks. There are no exceptions and if you breach isolation rules it is a £7000 fine or prison. We have 1 case and were the first in the UK to have 0 back in May and maintained it for months.

Merseyside & Isle of Man

Just to add a little more detail to the previous contributors message from the point of view of a couple that have been at their IOM residence since early March.......

Lock down was over in the Isle of Man too around the same time as Guernsey with similar rules/restrictions.

We had an air bridge (no self-isolation needed on return) with Guernsey from 22 July and many IOM & Guernsey residents took advantage of the opportunity to travel freely between the two islands. Unfortunately the air bridge had to be closed down mid October due to an outbreak of 7 cases in Guernsey.

Not long afterwards there were cases identified in the Isle of Man amongst IOM residents returning from the UK/incoming key workers travelling under special permits.

The air bridge has been suspended since then.

Thankfully, to date, those Covid cases on the IOM have been identified and confirmed as not being in the community (all are in self-isolation) so life carries on as normal here too.

It simply is not possible for ourselves (or Guernsey we suppose) to stop everyone coming to the respective islands as there is always a need for key workers to enter or residents that need urgent medical treatment which can't be provided locally to leave or to allow non residents in on compassionate grounds etc (all with the requirement of 14 days self isolation), but we're managing the situation quite well so far.

Lockdown is a load of crap it's about time we just go back to normal it will be years untill the virus is under control and I have no plans on hiding away for that long.

Guernsey

"Just to add a little more detail to the previous contributors message from the point of view of a couple that have been at their IOM residence since early March.......

Lock down was over in the Isle of Man too around the same time as Guernsey with similar rules/restrictions.

We had an air bridge (no self-isolation needed on return) with Guernsey from 22 July and many IOM & Guernsey residents took advantage of the opportunity to travel freely between the two islands. Unfortunately the air bridge had to be closed down mid October due to an outbreak of 7 cases in Guernsey.

Not long afterwards there were cases identified in the Isle of Man amongst IOM residents returning from the UK/incoming key workers travelling under special permits.

Thankfully, to date, those Covid cases on the IOM have been identified and confirmed as not being in the community (all are in self-isolation) so life carries on as normal here too.

It simply is not possible for ourselves (or Guernsey we suppose) to stop everyone coming to the respective islands as there is always a need for key workers to enter or residents that need urgent medical treatment which can't be provided locally to leave or to allow non residents in on compassionate grounds etc (all with the requirement of 14 days self isolation), but we're managing the situation quite well so far. "

Yes I would agree with the above we are managing it really well and we have been quick to react and very strict so we now get to live normally and don't have to understand a tear system and get a normal Christmas :D

Merseyside & Isle of Man

"Just to add a little more detail to the previous contributors message from the point of view of a couple that have been at their IOM residence since early March.......

It simply is not possible for ourselves (or Guernsey we suppose) to stop everyone coming to the respective islands as there is always a need for key workers to enter or residents that need urgent medical treatment which can't be provided locally to leave or to allow non residents in on compassionate grounds etc (all with the requirement of 14 days self isolation), but we're managing the situation quite well so far.

Yes I would agree with the above we are managing it really well and we have been quick to react and very strict so we now get to live normally and don't have to understand a tear system and get a normal Christmas :D "

Merseyside & Isle of Man

We are certainly fortunate. Mostly due to geographics being island communities but also because we each have administrations who acted correctly and swiftly at an early stage to the escalating situation in mainland UK back in March.

Hope the IOM/Guernsey air bridge reopens soon. As much as we appreciate what we have here on the IOM there s a terrible shortage of genuine swingers....lol!!

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Tier 3 here in a few days. Nothing will change. There are people wearing masks (because they are told to), but nobody really seems bothered.

Shopping (except supermarkets) is annoying, but this isn’t going to be like the first lockdown.

Customers want their carpets fitted, decorating done, blinds installed, they don’t care about masks, or not making cups of tea, they just carry on and so do I.

As a casual observation though, worldwide ter ror is t attacks seem to have quietened down.

Any link? Doubt it, but I do tend to see other angles.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I adopted my own personal lockdown in February while bojo was still ridiculing the idea that this was serious, and will still be being very careful until I'm absolutely certain that the danger is past. Just hoping that one of these vaccines will work out and let us all get back to a normal life.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Nothing like the old normal here. Avoiding crowded places, pubs, shops, and anywhere that involves a queue. I can work from home and although I've had to go in a couple of times to get things but fully intend to carry on working at home as much as possible. I don't want to be caught up in having to isolate, so the less places I need to leave details for track & trace the better."

Lol pubs aren’t open!

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Nothing like the old normal here. Avoiding crowded places, pubs, shops, and anywhere that involves a queue. I can work from home and although I've had to go in a couple of times to get things but fully intend to carry on working at home as much as possible. I don't want to be caught up in having to isolate, so the less places I need to leave details for track & trace the better.

Lol pubs aren’t open! "

This thread refers to the first lock down 21 weeks ago!

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Nothing like the old normal here. Avoiding crowded places, pubs, shops, and anywhere that involves a queue. I can work from home and although I've had to go in a couple of times to get things but fully intend to carry on working at home as much as possible. I don't want to be caught up in having to isolate, so the less places I need to leave details for track & trace the better.

Lol pubs aren’t open!

This thread refers to the first lock down 21 weeks ago! "

And.....? What is your concern?

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Lol pubs aren’t open!

This thread refers to the first lock down 21 weeks ago!

And.....? What is your concern? "

Only that I wasted my time reading recent posts about a thread that was started 21 weeks ago and not about the current lockdown period. It was my mistake.

Lol pubs aren’t open! "

The comment you have quoted was posted 21 weeks ago. Pubs were open then.

» Add a new message to this topic