FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mask struggles

Mask struggles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else find that they are getting spots erupting around their mouth a day or so after wearing a mask? And that their makeup slides off because of the hot breath/sweat? I wore one to do my shopping on the way to meeting a friend the other day and when I took my mask off not only was there loads of foundation on the inside of it but I had a line on my nose and around my mouth had gone all cakey never mind these breakouts I am dealing with every time I wear one for more than 10 minutes.

But hey at least I don't have/probably haven't given anyone covid

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah. Mascne is a thing, and makeup is a pain in the arse.

My mask makeup is bold brows and eyes, sod the rest.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone else find that they are getting spots erupting around their mouth a day or so after wearing a mask? And that their makeup slides off because of the hot breath/sweat? I wore one to do my shopping on the way to meeting a friend the other day and when I took my mask off not only was there loads of foundation on the inside of it but I had a line on my nose and around my mouth had gone all cakey never mind these breakouts I am dealing with every time I wear one for more than 10 minutes.

But hey at least I don't have/probably haven't given anyone covid "

I suggest just applying eye make up when you know you'll be wearing a mask.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I only wear eye make up and lipstick when I'm wearing a mask. I also cleanse my face after removing it. Not sure if that's why I don't get the spots though.

I get the eye make up only thing but if I'm in a situation where I'm able to remove the mask at some point eg social distanced outings with my friends I would still like to look nice

Manchester (she/her)

"I get the eye make up only thing but if I'm in a situation where I'm able to remove the mask at some point eg social distanced outings with my friends I would still like to look nice "

Small makeup kit in your bag?

I'm sure you look fine without makeup xx

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I've never worn make-up, so cannot comment on that part, but choosing masks made of high quality cotton, rather than the man made cheap fibres might also help. I have some made from lampshade silk and they have not caused me any issues.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've never worn make-up, so cannot comment on that part, but choosing masks made of high quality cotton, rather than the man made cheap fibres might also help. I have some made from lampshade silk and they have not caused me any issues. "

I did see a mask for sale, made of silk, claiming to help prevent mask related acne. It was flipping expensive though.

"I get the eye make up only thing but if I'm in a situation where I'm able to remove the mask at some point eg social distanced outings with my friends I would still like to look nice

Small makeup kit in your bag?

I'm sure you look fine without makeup xx"

Haha I wish that were true!

I was thinking of that but then I have the issue of potentially not being able to wash my hands before applying things to my face. God this is such a first world, healthy person struggle! Guess I'll just get on with life looking like a melted troll

North West

"I've never worn make-up, so cannot comment on that part, but choosing masks made of high quality cotton, rather than the man made cheap fibres might also help. I have some made from lampshade silk and they have not caused me any issues.

I did see a mask for sale, made of silk, claiming to help prevent mask related acne. It was flipping expensive though."

Mine were from Not On The High Street and about £15 each. Definitely worth it.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've never worn make-up, so cannot comment on that part, but choosing masks made of high quality cotton, rather than the man made cheap fibres might also help. I have some made from lampshade silk and they have not caused me any issues.

I did see a mask for sale, made of silk, claiming to help prevent mask related acne. It was flipping expensive though.

Mine were from Not On The High Street and about £15 each. Definitely worth it. "

Oh that's good. This was some designer something or other and was closer to £100

"I've never worn make-up, so cannot comment on that part, but choosing masks made of high quality cotton, rather than the man made cheap fibres might also help. I have some made from lampshade silk and they have not caused me any issues. "

Ooh sounds fancy, and I'm guessing expensive lol

North West

Ooh sounds fancy, and I'm guessing expensive lol"

See above post, they were about £15 each and definitely worth it

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I get the eye make up only thing but if I'm in a situation where I'm able to remove the mask at some point eg social distanced outings with my friends I would still like to look nice "

I where one all the time at work except for lunchtime and gust don't take it of so if you did not take it of when out you would not need make up

The only problem i get is stubble rubbing on the mask so now take a electric razer to work for a trim at lunchtime

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I don't bother with make up In the heat and I carry Huggies pure water baby wipes to wipe my face after wearing my mask

Sweating is my biggest problem.

And probably NOT mask related but I wore make up for the first time in months yesterday and my skin has erupted! Maybe it's a combination of the make up and sweating?

What if I'm allergic to make up now and when I need to wear it my skin protests??? I'll be ugly forever! Up yours COVID-19!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Thankfully not yet but I tend towards lighter makeup in summer. If supermarkets have a cafe, it could be worth a quick cuppa, to remove the mask for a break (out) away from the closeness of it to skin and makeup. Possibly explore more of the drier products, or increasing eye makeup, as it pulls attention to those, whilst you perhaps have less on your cheeks etc. Bright earrings could work too.

"Anyone else find that they are getting spots erupting around their mouth a day or so after wearing a mask? And that their makeup slides off because of the hot breath/sweat? I wore one to do my shopping on the way to meeting a friend the other day and when I took my mask off not only was there loads of foundation on the inside of it but I had a line on my nose and around my mouth had gone all cakey never mind these breakouts I am dealing with every time I wear one for more than 10 minutes.

But hey at least I don't have/probably haven't given anyone covid "

I don't wear makeup so that's not a problem. I don't get breakouts either because of the mask. The outer layers of my face covering is 100% cotton, maybe that helps. Maybe you're reacting to the material your mask is made from.

i currently have a belter on my jawline ... doesnt look too bad but my god is it sore

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Maybe it will get easier as the hot weather gives way to colder times as won't get as sweaty.

Manchester (she/her)

"i currently have a belter on my jawline ... doesnt look too bad but my god is it sore "

See if you can get some salicylic acid for it, in the meantime reduce swelling with ice

"i currently have a belter on my jawline ... doesnt look too bad but my god is it sore "

Cos RX do pimple patches that work really well. I feel for you, I get cystic acne around my time of the month and people really underestimate how much it can hurt

It's no fun for people who wear glasses no matter the mask mine still steam up

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I do not wear foundation but annoyed my lipstick gets smudged. Thankfully no spots but a pain when the glasses steam up.

"i currently have a belter on my jawline ... doesnt look too bad but my god is it sore

Cos RX do pimple patches that work really well. I feel for you, I get cystic acne around my time of the month and people really underestimate how much it can hurt "

is cystic acne when its under the skin as thats what this is like... i think the pain is partly just its right at the bone too so more pressure i guess

ill google those patches and the salicylic acid thanks

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

The straps hurt my ears and the small blemishes with the mask where it rubs on my face

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

And how on earth are people managing when wearing glasses?

My glasses steam up constantly when wearing a mask and can't see very well. It's not good.

Manchester (she/her)

"And how on earth are people managing when wearing glasses?

My glasses steam up constantly when wearing a mask and can't see very well. It's not good."

Mine don't seem to be too bad but apparently dish soap helps

My glasses steam up constantly when wearing a mask and can't see very well. It's not good."

I find making sure the mask is relatively high on my nose, then putting my glasses about 1cm lower down my nose than normal helps massively. Also, controlling your breathing rate so you breathe out gently and steadily reduces the time it takes the misting to go away between breaths.

By *uzy1969Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"It's no fun for people who wear glasses no matter the mask mine still steam up "

A friend told me if you rub soap on the lenses then wipe clean it stops them steaming up.....i tried this today and it did work

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Just use a good setting spray for your make up and it stays!

[Removed by poster at 15/08/20 19:59:50]

"Just use a good setting spray for your make up and it stays! "

ive always used setting spray but find the makeup still gets rubbed off my nose and smudges in the other mask areas just depends how long its on

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I wear makeup to go for a meal out.

No mask needed.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

My glasses steam up constantly when wearing a mask and can't see very well. It's not good.

Mine don't seem to be too bad but apparently dish soap helps"

Washing up liquid

Try a snood I find it much better than a mask especially in the hot weather

Aloe Vera cream before wearing as can wear up to 10 hrs a day. Regular breaks though.. Cleanse then aloe again has reduced redness spots n itchyness.

That's work.. No choice.

Not at work.. Don't wear...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i went out and bought some made from organic cotton... has made such a difference..... got a pack of 3 for 15 pounds which are machine washable...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Moisturise, primer (a good sticky one), some say power after but I don't, foundation, powder then setting spray (after you've done the rest of your make up). There may be small amounts of transference but just a quick touch up is all that is needed.

"Maybe it will get easier as the hot weather gives way to colder times as won't get as sweaty. "

I thought of that too. I imagine masks will be quite good when it is chilly in the Winter, stops you breathing in the cold air.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Perhaps irritant free masks will be a thing soon...

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I wear them 12 hours at a time and halve for months, I use a good moisturiser, then a perfector or good foundation.

It doesn't stop it completely, but helps a bit.

Saying that If I do a few shifts in a row, I do get breakouts still

I knew make up was too much pissing about, for me... I just get a sweaty face, that's bad enough

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Solution, bin em

North West

"Maybe it will get easier as the hot weather gives way to colder times as won't get as sweaty.

I thought of that too. I imagine masks will be quite good when it is chilly in the Winter, stops you breathing in the cold air."

Is it ironic that Asthma UK's advice to asthmatic people who get breathlessness in cold weather, for years, has been to wear a scarf over the nose and mouth, to ensure the air around them is warmed? Surely if this is appropriate in the winter, then the same people who say they can't wear masks could use the same scarf? The "face covering" regulations do say you can use scarves etc, so perhaps a light silk one would be OK for a brief foray into a shop?

"Maybe it will get easier as the hot weather gives way to colder times as won't get as sweaty.

I thought of that too. I imagine masks will be quite good when it is chilly in the Winter, stops you breathing in the cold air.

Is it ironic that Asthma UK's advice to asthmatic people who get breathlessness in cold weather, for years, has been to wear a scarf over the nose and mouth, to ensure the air around them is warmed? Surely if this is appropriate in the winter, then the same people who say they can't wear masks could use the same scarf? The "face covering" regulations do say you can use scarves etc, so perhaps a light silk one would be OK for a brief foray into a shop? "

ive been out all day today on and off public transport and in and out of shops so had a mask on most of the day ... i dont even have asthma just problematic sinuses and by the end of the day i really felt like i was struggling to get a proper breath of fresh air ... i obviously had enough oxygen to function but still get in your head “i can’t breathe”. i guess the worry is that for someone with asthma this thought triggers a panic attack that leads to an asthma attack

» Add a new message to this topic