FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is Covid-19 being used to control us?

Is Covid-19 being used to control us?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *i4bicpls OP   Man  over a year ago

Darwen

After the initial peak of Covid earlier this year. I'm now wondering if it's being used as a form of control. Currently there are more people dying from cancer than Covid. But you don't see those statistics in the news as regular as Covid. But now we are limited on gatherings, holidays etc. What are people's views?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think there is no doubt the virus is real, however I do wonder what we don't know about. What are they perhaps hiding that requires us all to be towing the line in this way.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

The reason the death numbers are low is because of the measures in place to limit the spread.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

Can an admin please move this to the Room-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, so that I don't have to scoop my eyeballs out please?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Whilst it's true that more people die of cancer daily - you can't "catch" cancer by coming into contact with someone else who has it, or even breathing the same air as someone that has it (well technically you can but it would be due to carcinogens in the air not because of the other person)...and therein lies the difference.

If it were a single country using draconian methods to keep people apart then I might think it was being used to control people unnecessarily - but it's not it's every country to a greater or lesser degree and therefore I don't think there's any conspiracy to be had from it - unless you're talking about the Rhees-Moggs of this world who are seeking to profit from it in various ways, but that's not about control of the masses, more manipulation of stock prices and the like.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 09:30:55]

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"After the initial peak of Covid earlier this year. I'm now wondering if it's being used as a form of control. Currently there are more people dying from cancer than Covid. But you don't see those statistics in the news as regular as Covid. But now we are limited on gatherings, holidays etc. What are people's views?"

The only freedom that have been taken are the ones that you willingly give..

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"After the initial peak of Covid earlier this year. I'm now wondering if it's being used as a form of control. Currently there are more people dying from cancer than Covid. But you don't see those statistics in the news as regular as Covid. But now we are limited on gatherings, holidays etc. What are people's views?"

There are adverts put out regularly by cancer charities that state one in two of us will get cancer. We are regularly told of how to avoid certain cancers and there are national health cancer screening programmes. It's in the public eye constantly.

Simple answer no. I’ve lost patients to Covid and I’m getting sick to death of people spouting out these bullshit conspiracies.

"Whilst it's true that more people die of cancer daily - you can't "catch" cancer by coming into contact with someone else who has it, or even breathing the same air as someone that has it (well technically you can but it would be due to carcinogens in the air not because of the other person)...and therein lies the difference.

If it were a single country using draconian methods to keep people apart then I might think it was being used to control people unnecessarily - but it's not it's every country to a greater or lesser degree and therefore I don't think there's any conspiracy to be had from it - unless you're talking about the Rhees-Moggs of this world who are seeking to profit from it in various ways, but that's not about control of the masses, more manipulation of stock prices and the like."

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"After the initial peak of Covid earlier this year. I'm now wondering if it's being used as a form of control. Currently there are more people dying from cancer than Covid. But you don't see those statistics in the news as regular as Covid. But now we are limited on gatherings, holidays etc. What are people's views?

There are adverts put out regularly by cancer charities that state one in two of us will get cancer. We are regularly told of how to avoid certain cancers and there are national health cancer screening programmes. It's in the public eye constantly."

But only very few think cancer is a conspiracy.

I don't think covid-19 is being used to control us.

Why on earth would all the leaders in the world have a conspiracy against the people ? Why would they do something that has caused economic disaster ? Are they all telling a lie about the deaths ?

Darwen

"Whilst it's true that more people die of cancer daily - you can't "catch" cancer by coming into contact with someone else who has it, or even breathing the same air as someone that has it (well technically you can but it would be due to carcinogens in the air not because of the other person)...and therein lies the difference.

If it were a single country using draconian methods to keep people apart then I might think it was being used to control people unnecessarily - but it's not it's every country to a greater or lesser degree and therefore I don't think there's any conspiracy to be had from it - unless you're talking about the Rhees-Moggs of this world who are seeking to profit from it in various ways, but that's not about control of the masses, more manipulation of stock prices and the like.

"

Only time will tell, but bear in mind that our political representation has also been limited in parliament. It may be due to Covid or by design using Covid as an excuse. In my job it has been used as an excuse to limit/reduce the services we provide, as well as lower our quality expectations. And no doubt it will be used to reduce jobs.

If it were a single country using draconian methods to keep people apart then I might think it was being used to control people unnecessarily - but it's not it's every country to a greater or lesser degree and therefore I don't think there's any conspiracy to be had from it - unless you're talking about the Rhees-Moggs of this world who are seeking to profit from it in various ways, but that's not about control of the masses, more manipulation of stock prices and the like."

Well said

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

We could always try wearing tin foil hats to prevent them controlling us

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The reason the death numbers are low is because of the measures in place to limit the spread. "

Simply this..

We in general have become an impatient entitled society where we can get what we want at the click of a button and it arrives the next day..

This is going to take perhaps a couple of years to settle back to anywhere near like it was before and it will be a hard difficult the for some..

It's not easy to accept change, seems more comfortable for some to want to pin blame on all kinds of people and conspirasys rather than get on with it..

Only time will tell, but bear in mind that our political representation has also been limited in parliament. It may be due to Covid or by design using Covid as an excuse. In my job it has been used as an excuse to limit/reduce the services we provide, as well as lower our quality expectations. And no doubt it will be used to reduce jobs."

If you *want* to see conspiracy in anything then it's very easy to find an angle - thing is quite often the truth is stranger than the fiction/fantasy.

As someone else said, no-one actually *is* controlling you currently - you have freedom of movement within the UK to do pretty much as you please - you pretty much have freedom to move anywhere outside the UK too...so question is how much are you actually being controlled?

If you truly believe you are, then why are you complying with the things that believe are controlling you?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Is Covid-19 being used to control us?"

Yes. But only in the sense that it helps to control the spread of the Virus.

No.

By *argaret James200TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Simple answer no. I’ve lost patients to Covid and I’m getting sick to death of people spouting out these bullshit conspiracies. "

Very true, if more people were made to visit covid wards and see how it kills you they would be hiding under their beds but tell them and they think it's a joke. This is serious the plague, Smallpox, Cholera, we haven't learnt a thing from history vast numbers die before pandemics are taken seriously, you don't get many families who lost relatives asking if it's a conspiracy, "WAKE UP" almost every country in the world is loosing tens of thousands of people and economies are collapsing what's to gain from a conspiracy "?control" there will be little left to control if this continues as we will all end up back in the dark ages.

Both yes and no, they do manipulate the numbers. I also read an interesting comment on a video that they are testing how peoole would react in a situation like this, it wouldnt surprice me if it was like that, but you never know.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I don't think covid-19 is being used to control us.

Why on earth would all the leaders in the world have a conspiracy against the people ? Why would they do something that has caused economic disaster ? Are they all telling a lie about the deaths ? "

Exactly this. It makes no sense.

Just saying that it's 'to control us' is meaningless. What benefit does anyone in authority get out of damaging the economy, not to mention their reputation in handling it?

Governments are not these super villains that have a fetish for mind controlling people. They're just people who like being important and making money. Covid hinders that, not helps it.

By *oriarty99Man  over a year ago

London

Is there no-one around of sane mind to delete these ridiculous posts?

"The reason the death numbers are low is because of the measures in place to limit the spread.

Simply this..

We in general have become an impatient entitled society where we can get what we want at the click of a button and it arrives the next day..

This is going to take perhaps a couple of years to settle back to anywhere near like it was before and it will be a hard difficult the for some..

It's not easy to accept change, seems more comfortable for some to want to pin blame on all kinds of people and conspirasys rather than get on with it.."

No conspiracy. No tinfoil hat. Just a simple question :

Have _you personally_ actually looked at the raw data, read the actual research papers and formed your own opinion or are you simply accepting the statements put out by media/government as 100% accurate, valid and unbiased?

"

Very true, if more people were made to visit covid wards and see how it kills you they would be hiding under their beds but tell them and they think it's a joke. This is serious the plague, Smallpox, Cholera, we haven't learnt a thing from history vast numbers die before pandemics are taken seriously, you don't get many families who lost relatives asking if it's a conspiracy, "WAKE UP" almost every country in the world is loosing tens of thousands of people and economies are collapsing what's to gain from a conspiracy "?control" there will be little left to control if this continues as we will all end up back in the dark ages."

Just one thing - 'economies are collapsing' - yes they are but not from Covid. They're collapsing because of the response to Covid.

It may seem like a subtle difference but it's vastly important. One is a natural event, the other is our choice.

Why on earth would all the leaders in the world have a conspiracy against the people ? Why would they do something that has caused economic disaster ? Are they all telling a lie about the deaths ?

Just saying that it's 'to control us' is meaningless. What benefit does anyone in authority get out of damaging the economy, not to mention their reputation in handling it?

Governments are not these super villains that have a fetish for mind controlling people. They're just people who like being important and making money. Covid hinders that, not helps it. "

Hmmm agree with all of that apart from the last sentence - there are a lot of people in power profiting very nicely, or set to do so, from taking advantage of the situation through investment or backing companies that before lockdown were largely irrelevant but now hugely important etc and *that* is where there is a conspiracy to be had - the personal financial gain that *some* of those in power are set to make (Rhees-Mogg is involved in a hedge fund doing just that)

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I don't think it's wrong to move your investments around as a response to market conditions.. Good time to invest in drug companies, bad time to invest in airlines..

That's not immoral. It's just shrewd business sense

Chelmsford

Although investing now in airlines maybe a sound strategy if you are in it for the long haul..

"I don't think it's wrong to move your investments around as a response to market conditions.. Good time to invest in drug companies, bad time to invest in airlines..

That's not immoral. It's just shrewd business sense"

Making shrewd business decisions is one thing - being in a position of power and able to manipulate situations or make decisions that influence the ability to make those shrewd moves is quite another

Chelmsford

"The reason the death numbers are low is because of the measures in place to limit the spread.

Simply this..

It's not easy to accept change, seems more comfortable for some to want to pin blame on all kinds of people and conspirasys rather than get on with it..

Have _you personally_ actually looked at the raw data, read the actual research papers and formed your own opinion or are you simply accepting the statements put out by media/government as 100% accurate, valid and unbiased?"

Not sure anyone has the time to pour over research papers and assess their validity or hidden agenda for every decision they ever make..

I

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Governments are not these super villains that have a fetish for mind controlling people. They're just people who like being important and making money. Covid hinders that, not helps it. "

The economy was fucked before Covid. Covid has been a "good"diversion to make us all look the other way.

Governments are not there like benevolent parents looking out for the good of the people 24/7.

They have their own agenda (which generally boils down to protecting the wealth and interests of themselves and their cronies) and yes controlling/manipulating the population is one of them.

in Lancashire

Simply this..

Have _you personally_ actually looked at the raw data, read the actual research papers and formed your own opinion or are you simply accepting the statements put out by media/government as 100% accurate, valid and unbiased?"

Tbh no, and nor have and will most people although with being on the Guys/Kings app since march I have looked at some of their findings..

Judgement is based on many things and not just ones you refer to..

Personally speaking my oh has 40 plus years experience as a professional in the NHS, one sibling also, one sister in law ditto and at the last count 6 other close relatives plus friends of the oh to doctorate level ..

So I know apart from the fact that my sister only survived as she had been on a high dose of steroids prior to contacting the virus and was told no resus or invasive ventilation due to COPD that the virus kills, ditto the father in law..

I think if your suggesting people's points of views are not as valid as some if they haven't read scientific papers etc then that's a tad strange but respect your right to have an opinion on that..

Chelmsford

Governments are not these super villains that have a fetish for mind controlling people. They're just people who like being important and making money. Covid hinders that, not helps it.

The economy was fucked before Covid. Covid has been a "good"diversion to make us all look the other way.

Governments are not there like benevolent parents looking out for the good of the people 24/7.

They have their own agenda (which generally boils down to protecting the wealth and interests of themselves and their cronies) and yes controlling/manipulating the population is one of them.

"

Yep. Sums up the Labour party in one paragraph

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

You forget the economy is going to pot so no government will keep the restrictions longer than needed

The answer is No!

It is sensible restrictions based on trying to reduce the spread of a virus that can be fatal to some.

Why wouldn't everyone want to support that? Selfishness and entitlement is the answer.

Less contact, less cases, it's that simple. There will always be those who will manipulate a situation for their own wants/gain, make excuses and try to justify to satisfy themselves. It's my thoughts that those types of socially inconsiderate people are the complainers yet its them aiding the spread of Covid and untimatly increasing its longevity.

"Both yes and no, they do manipulate the numbers. I also read an interesting comment on a video that they are testing how peoole would react in a situation like this, it wouldnt surprice me if it was like that, but you never know."

Observational studies are important to guage people's reactions. These help design policies for the present and future management of similar crises.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't think it's wrong to move your investments around as a response to market conditions.. Good time to invest in drug companies, bad time to invest in airlines..

That's not immoral. It's just shrewd business sense"

No.

If people think about this from the begining, with almost every measure put in place the government has dithered then back tracked.

We were asked to socially distance the compliance was low so it was enfored by lockdown, then we were asked to ware masks but again people didn't so it was then mandatory.

But these things aren't really being enforced so if the government want to use this to control us they are not putting in much effort.

Yep. Sums up the Labour party in one paragraph"

You never cease to amaze me - and not in a good way.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"No.

If people think about this from the begining, with almost every measure put in place the government has dithered then back tracked.

We were asked to socially distance the compliance was low so it was enfored by lockdown, then we were asked to ware masks but again people didn't so it was then mandatory.

But these things aren't really being enforced so if the government want to use this to control us they are not putting in much effort. "

Lorna, stop being so bloody logical! You'll confuse things

"No.

But these things aren't really being enforced so if the government want to use this to control us they are not putting in much effort.

Lorna, stop being so bloody logical! You'll confuse things "

Sorry.

Yep we will all be living in gated communes with curfews and numbers not names by Christmas.

Is that better?

North West

"No.

Lorna, stop being so bloody logical! You'll confuse things

Sorry.

Yep we will all be living in gated communes with curfews and numbers not names by Christmas.

Is that better? "

That's more like it. More Bacofoil, madam?!

in Lancashire

"No.

But these things aren't really being enforced so if the government want to use this to control us they are not putting in much effort. "

Maybe it's a new tactic in control and compliance, complete shambles..

Can't understand why all the actual previous controlling empires and despots never used it..

"No.

Can't understand why all the actual previous controlling empires and despots never used it.."

Well they definitely missed a trick, its working a treat now.

Tbh I think the way we have been lead in the uk give fuel to the conspiracy theories.

They have done a shit job..full of u turns and deception that has caused many to question the whole thing.

I just wish we had a more honest and stronger leadership throught out this.

But sadly they have just turned it into mayhem.

Darwen

"The answer is No!

It is sensible restrictions based on trying to reduce the spread of a virus that can be fatal to some.

Why wouldn't everyone want to support that? Selfishness and entitlement is the answer.

Less contact, less cases, it's that simple. There will always be those who will manipulate a situation for their own wants/gain, make excuses and try to justify to satisfy themselves. It's my thoughts that those types of socially inconsiderate people are the complainers yet its them aiding the spread of Covid and untimatly increasing its longevity. "

The flu can be fatal to some too. But during flu season prior to effective vaccines, there was no control as there is now. Swine flu a few years back didn't prompt the controls we have in place now.

For those that are susceptible to the severe effects of Covid do need protection to avoid contracting it. But do we all need to be controlled?

I've not said there's a conspiracy, just put the point forward for discussion. If it is in part a way for governments to control us, then it's worked on some and not on others.

If it's purely a way to control the virus spreading. Then maybe there are questions to be asked, about why the government was slow to react? Especially when they knew it was heading our way. In my own opinion lockdown should have been earlier and much stricter. And we'd have had a better chance of further limiting the numbers who contracted the virus and those who died.

Chelmsford

Making shrewd business decisions is one thing - being in a position of power and able to manipulate situations or make decisions that influence the ability to make those shrewd moves is quite another "

in Lancashire

"No.

Can't understand why all the actual previous controlling empires and despots never used it..

Well they definitely missed a trick, its working a treat now. "

Maybe they were missing something or someone..

Mad blond hair, rambles a bit of Latin and allegedly partial to violinists..

"The answer is No!

Less contact, less cases, it's that simple. There will always be those who will manipulate a situation for their own wants/gain, make excuses and try to justify to satisfy themselves. It's my thoughts that those types of socially inconsiderate people are the complainers yet its them aiding the spread of Covid and untimatly increasing its longevity.

The flu can be fatal to some too. But during flu season prior to effective vaccines, there was no control as there is now. Swine flu a few years back didn't prompt the controls we have in place now.

For those that are susceptible to the severe effects of Covid do need protection to avoid contracting it. But do we all need to be controlled?

I've not said there's a conspiracy, just put the point forward for discussion. If it is in part a way for governments to control us, then it's worked on some and not on others.

If it's purely a way to control the virus spreading. Then maybe there are questions to be asked, about why the government was slow to react? Especially when they knew it was heading our way. In my own opinion lockdown should have been earlier and much stricter. And we'd have had a better chance of further limiting the numbers who contracted the virus and those who died."

Are we being controlled or are we being asked?

Were all the or any of the protesters in London yesterday arrested?

The simple answer is as a society we just don't like being told what to do.

Chelmsford

Well there are not enough police to arrest everybody.

If everybody in the UK practiced civil non violent disobedience then they could bring the big players to their knees.

in Lancashire

"Well there are not enough police to arrest everybody.

If everybody in the UK practiced civil non violent disobedience then they could bring the big players to their knees. "

Possibly Tom, but not if it was organised to coincide with east Ender's or Corrie..

Or on a Saturday as the racing and footie is on..

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

No

If everybody in the UK practiced civil non violent disobedience then they could bring the big players to their knees. "

But no body was arrested.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Sounds like a good conspiracy theory, very believable to anyone. Lock us down and kill more people.

No the truth is far simpler, bad handling of major crisis which did not take into account that people die of other conditions also.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

No.

-Matt

Chelmsford

If everybody in the UK practiced civil non violent disobedience then they could bring the big players to their knees.

"

Ithought Piers Corbyn was arrested again

Chelmsford

Possibly Tom, but not if it was organised to coincide with east Ender's or Corrie..

Or on a Saturday as the racing and footie is on.."

And that's my point .

Ithought Piers Corbyn was arrested again"

Yes for criminal damage not protesting.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

No, it just a bunch of left wing cockwombles in charge of dealing with it.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"The reason the death numbers are low is because of the measures in place to limit the spread. "

But the number of case are going up.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Control us? That might be true if the powers that be had any ability to truly organise a piss up in a brewery.

Only this week we had a minister telling us our city centres will die if we don't get back too our offices. While others said if you can continue to work from home, then we should. What's the message there then?

We've had a week of parents telling us how scared they are of sending kids back to school. Yet there have been only 3 deaths of minors, all of whom had serious underlying health conditions. So there is (virtually) no risk to kids. As ever the powers that be seem unable to clearly state the reality.

That doesn't mean there is no risk. The discussion we should be having is how to protect teachers, kids who do have underlying health conditions, and families groups where a member may be at risk if a child brings the virus home.

I just don't get how the government machine just seems completely unable to focus on the reality.

The fact is, a child is more likely to die on the roads on the way to school than covid-19.

This virus isn't going to go away. As a country we now have the biggest debt since I was a child (which was quite a while ago).

We do have to get back to some sort of normality very soon but at the same time focus on the real risk areas / groups, not the imagined.

in Lancashire

But the number of case are going up. "

It seems to be that it's the younger generations causing that, issue being is when they are in contact with older people who may take another hit..

Interesting piece in an Italian paper last week about a twenty yr old who was blase about it till she gave it to her dad and grandparents..

In some ways those who are catching it now in the younger generations are going to be perhaps herd immune but it's how to protect the elderly and the vulnerable in society which some are not interested in as it means sacrifices etc..

"No.

Can't understand why all the actual previous controlling empires and despots never used it.."

Maybe we should empty the prisons. Just think how much money govts can save just by masking a criminal instead of incarceration costs. Bad news for prison officers, but they can bolster up our dwindling police forces. Oh wait, if we're masking crimes, why even bother arresting them - just put a mask on

in Lancashire

"No.

Maybe we should empty the prisons. Just think how much money govts can save just by masking a criminal instead of incarceration costs. Bad news for prison officers, but they can bolster up our dwindling police forces. Oh wait, if we're masking crimes, why even bother arresting them - just put a mask on "

Or give them a knighthood ..

By the virus they contract

"After the initial peak of Covid earlier this year. I'm now wondering if it's being used as a form of control. Currently there are more people dying from cancer than Covid. But you don't see those statistics in the news as regular as Covid. But now we are limited on gatherings, holidays etc. What are people's views?

No, it just a bunch of left wing cockwombles in charge of dealing with it. "

Ermmm the Tories are in govt.

But the number of case are going up. "

D'oh, more tests performed.

It seems to be that it's the younger generations causing that, issue being is when they are in contact with older people who may take another hit..

Interesting piece in an Italian paper last week about a twenty yr old who was blase about it till she gave it to her dad and grandparents..

In some ways those who are catching it now in the younger generations are going to be perhaps herd immune but it's how to protect the elderly and the vulnerable in society which some are not interested in as it means sacrifices etc.."

Re your last paragraph - there's a possibility there will be herd immunity for future generations but not for our current society.

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 11:34:51]

in Lancashire

In some ways those who are catching it now in the younger generations are going to be perhaps herd immune but it's how to protect the elderly and the vulnerable in society which some are not interested in as it means sacrifices etc..

Re your last paragraph - there's a possibility there will be herd immunity for future generations but not for our current society. "

Yes, we were discussing it and I said some will be looking at it that way as a positive for the future..

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Here's an idea to find your answer. Sit down in a locked room with some families who have lost a loved one to covid and tell them to their face your theory

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 11:38:09]

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Ermmm the Tories are in govt. "

Lol....beat us to it! Makes wonder sometimes.

To clarify:

No, it just a bunch of RIGHT wing cockwombles in charge of dealing with it.

Ermmm the Tories are in govt.

Lol....beat us to it! Makes wonder sometimes.

To clarify:

No, it just a bunch of RIGHT wing cockwombles in charge of dealing with it."

Thank you I was to busy scratching my head to post this exact comment.

Re your last paragraph - there's a possibility there will be herd immunity for future generations but not for our current society.

Yes, we were discussing it and I said some will be looking at it that way as a positive for the future..

"

and in the meantime let's hope for a decent vaccine

and in the meantime let's hope for a decent vaccine "

I'm not having the Russian one though!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Not to control everyone, just you and your mates.

North West

D'oh, more tests performed. "

Yup. More tests, so more positive in absolute numbers. But a decreasing proportion of tests done are positive, do the frequency of positive tests per swab taken is declining. There are lies, damn lies and statistics

I'm not having the Russian one though! "

Are you afraid it'll make you addicted to vodka?

Are you afraid it'll make you addicted to vodka? "

Well that would definitely be a way to control us. We will all be too pissed to do anything.

Well that would definitely be a way to control us. We will all be too pissed to do anything. "

And might inadvertly vote the twats back in again - oh no, the control

Chelmsford

Well that would definitely be a way to control us. We will all be too pissed to do anything.

And might inadvertly vote the twats back in again - oh no, the control "

The labour twats obs

This thread is going far to well for my liking.

Its sensible and fun.

Thats it the world is definitely fucked now!

Darwen

It's closed most of the club's, so that's a control on the swinging lifestyle. For some people anyways.

"It's closed most of the club's, so that's a control on the swinging lifestyle. For some people anyways."

It's closed lots of things though - it's not control, it's safe and good sense practice - the only thing that is questionable is whether it should have been done sooner, or some of the restrictions lifted later.

Chelmsford

My green bin collections were changed to once monthly due to Lockdown. Guess what? Lockdown over and still monthly collections...

Control by deception

North West

"My green bin collections were changed to once monthly due to Lockdown. Guess what? Lockdown over and still monthly collections...

Control by deception"

#firstworldproblems

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"My green bin collections were changed to once monthly due to Lockdown. Guess what? Lockdown over and still monthly collections...

Control by deception"

Think you have hit the nail on the head. This plandemic was unleashed by the illuminati to reduce bin collection and to replace the batteries in pigeons. Wake up sheeple

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Oh no! Not another addictional thread in the virus/control conspuracy BS theme

Jeez, op look at how many there already are. Focus on the credible evidence not BS wacko stuff

You can ignore reality, but you cant ignore the consequences of ignoring reality! In time you will see what is was used for......

By *ucky24Man  over a year ago

Lowestoft

All governments seek to control their populations, that is an indisputable fact.

Some do it with a sledgehammer some with stealth.

Governments want to centralise power no matter their politics be it left or right.

To paraphrase the saying " all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing"

So keep debating with and challenging authority to keep them in check and accountable.

Tin town

Control by deception"

My local supermarket made sure we were 2m apart in the checkout queue due to covid. Now I get tutted at for standing too close to the lady in front. Just because I was rubbing my crutch against her arse.... Control by deception sheeple wake up.

Darwen

And now the Tory government have an excuse to raise taxes. Unemployment will reach record levels too. We are all screwed.

Tin town

"And now the Tory government have an excuse to raise taxes. Unemployment will reach record levels too. We are all screwed. "

Err.... Funny.... This is no tory government... They are more left wing than the swp. In a race to give away our hard earned tax money... They are winning hands down. How exactly do you think all these hand outs are going to be paid for if not with tax money?

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Well it's obvious now that people started realising this is something more than virus and protecting the people...question is who is running this circus and why?

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

"Simple answer no. I’ve lost patients to Covid and I’m getting sick to death of people spouting out these bullshit conspiracies. "

I believe that the virus is real, but some of the petty draconian measures penalising peoples freedom are counterproductive when they would have been better protecting the vulnerable at the beginning of the pandemic. They should have protected nursing homes etc, from the start not harassment of someone sunbathing in a park, it's pathetic state control gone mad. It amazed me how fast law's taking away our freedom were so quickly implemented with hardly a whimper of debate, which shows what a grip the ruling elite have over us all, but nanny knows best. They could have implemented a basic income for all, but didn't. The black lives matter protests were also because people had had enough of being penned up like the people in communist China.

Tin town

"Well it's obvious now that people started realising this is something more than virus and protecting the people...question is who is running this circus and why? "

Bill Gates?

Jeff Bezos?

Martians?

Bugs bunny?

Or perhaps it's just a virus spread by close contact

in Lancashire

"I believe that the virus is real, but some of the petty draconian measures penalising peoples freedom are counterproductive when they would have been better protecting the vulnerable at the beginning of the pandemic. They should have protected nursing homes etc, from the start not harassment of someone sunbathing in a park, it's pathetic state control gone mad. It amazed me how fast law's taking away our freedom were so quickly implemented with hardly a whimper of debate, which shows what a grip the ruling elite have over us all, but nanny knows best. They could have implemented a basic income for all, but didn't. The black lives matter protests were also because people had had enough of being penned up like the people in communist China. "

Or..

We could all see what was coming in early March and before and thinking why the fuck have we not locked down like last week..

All the dithering did was allow it to take hold in areas where people were most vulnerable and tbh if my freedom is suspended in not going to the pub so we can protect those that most need it then so be it..

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"You can ignore reality, but you cant ignore the consequences of ignoring reality! In time you will see what is was used for......"

Ok, thanks for that.

Oh, could you give the time and date I get to know what it was used for, I'll book a day off work.

Thanks.

Enjoy the new normal

Making shrewd business decisions is one thing - being in a position of power and able to manipulate situations or make decisions that influence the ability to make those shrewd moves is quite another "

"

Tin town

Possibly. I'm not sure what on earth that would achieve? Or why that would be in anyway desirable? Could you explain?

Control by deception"

Mine have not changed.

"

But 'everybody' in the UK wouldn't ever do that.

But we do have a Peaceful Protest every 5 or so years - it's called our General Elections.

You can't keep people penned up. Life is about risks, if you are vulnerable protect yourself and isolate. There are many things about that can kill you like cancer etc, crossing the road, cycling on UK roads, depriving people of their liberty and inducing depression from isolation and ?? ruining the physical and mental health of millions its getting out of hand, how many die of flu, heart disease and stroke all being backlogged because of covid19,. And if I go to the pub and get it, it's the risk you take, but it's my decision, not the nanny state. Please don't bore me with the curve stuff.

"Well it's obvious now that people started realising this is something more than virus and protecting the people...question is who is running this circus and why? "

BoJo the clown.

Control by deception"

Hahaha They are controlling your Bin? What on earth for? Please tell us?

Tin town

"You can't keep people penned up. Life is about risks, if you are vulnerable protect yourself and isolate. There are many things about that can kill you like cancer etc, crossing the road, cycling on UK roads, depriving people of their liberty and inducing depression from isolation and ?? ruining the physical and mental health of millions its getting out of hand, how many die of flu, heart disease and stroke all being backlogged because of covid19,. And if I go to the pub and get it, it's the risk you take, but it's my decision, not the nanny state. Please don't bore me with the curve stuff. "

Who is penned up?

" And if I go to the pub and get it, it's the risk you take, but it's my decision, not the nanny state. Please don't bore me with the curve stuff. "

Apparently it's the States Decision that you don't give it to somebody else - particularly someone who is at greater risk.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Controlling our movements to reduce the worlds out of control CO emmisions before we reach the point of no return

"

Controlling our movements to reduce the worlds out of control CO emmisions before we reach the point of no return "

The problem with that is that we can all move about in vehicles pretty much as we did before now.

North West

Controlling our movements to reduce the worlds out of control CO emmisions before we reach the point of no return "

Our carbon monoxide emissions?

london

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 17:15:20]

london

Controlling our movements to reduce the worlds out of control CO emmisions before we reach the point of no return

Our carbon monoxide emissions? "

Apologies carbon dioxide

london

"

The problem with that is that we can all move about in vehicles pretty much as we did before now. "

For how long though, in London they are making it almost impossible to travel around now, soon will be all electric vehicles and a nightmare for your everyday hard working trades person.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

If it was about control...they aren't very good at it are they ?? and just look at who's in charge in this country ?? really this lot managing to get it together to "Control " us but doesn't help them doing daily u turns and overwhelming smell of corruption ????

london

Agreed, but what is happening with global warming is a sad state of affairs that does not get the airtime it deserves.

Heatwaves and floods are become more and more common

Soooo interesting update.

The CDC have updated their website and out of the 166,000 deaths only 6% of that number was caused soley by covid and no other issues.

So thats 9000 people worldwide that died just from covid.

I do believe the lock downs around the world has caused many Times that number.

"

The problem with that is that we can all move about in vehicles pretty much as we did before now.

For how long though, in London they are making it almost impossible to travel around now, soon will be all electric vehicles and a nightmare for your everyday hard working trades person."

'A ban on selling new petrol, diesel or hybrid cars in the UK will be brought forward from 2040 to 2035 at the latest, under government plans. The change comes after experts said 2040 would be too late if the UK wants to achieve its target of emitting virtually zero carbon by 2050'. From .gov

A bit of time yet.

"

"

Err ???

" And if I go to the pub and get it, it's the risk you take, but it's my decision, not the nanny state. Please don't bore me with the curve stuff.

Apparently it's the States Decision that you don't give it to somebody else - particularly someone who is at greater risk.

"

if I was in a risk group I would not dream of going to the pub

"

Err ??? "

The Cdc have 161,000 deaths world wide, but only 6% of those deaths was from covid alone the rest of the deaths people had an average of 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

"

Err ??? "

Copy pasted from the web site itself.

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

Tin town

"

The problem with that is that we can all move about in vehicles pretty much as we did before now. "

The problem with that is that the vast majority of Co emissions are from industry and not from private vehicle movements.

"

Err ???

The Cdc have 161,000 deaths world wide, but only 6% of those deaths was from covid alone the rest of the deaths people had an average of 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

The current total World Death Rate is = 842,522.

CDC Reports 182,611 deaths for the USA.

North West

"

Err ???

The Cdc have 161,000 deaths world wide, but only 6% of those deaths was from covid alone the rest of the deaths people had an average of 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

I've got several medical conditions, none of which make me a higher Covid risk. Just because people have pre existing conditions does not mean we can just skip over their deaths. In all honesty, most people over the age of about 50 have pre existing conditions that make them higher risk, they just might not be aware. I'm talking about hypertension, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and other cardiovascular conditions which are exceptionally common but often undiagnosed, unless people attend regular medical screening.

How exactly are our movements being controlled?

No.

The last thing Boris Johnson wanted was a pandemic. Everything was going so well for him with minimal effort and now he's been exposed as a dithering clown who's completely out of his depth as PM and as a consequence his popularity has plummeted, dragging the Conservative party down with him.

Likewise with Donald Trump. Before covid he was almost certain of re-election, but his disastrous handling of the pandemic, along with the BLM protests has left him looking very vulnerable now.

Why would they expose themselves like this when everything was going their way anyway, and what would they gain from it when to all intents and purposes they were controlling us anyway? The hypothesis doesn't make any logical sense.

"

Err ???

The Cdc have 161,000 deaths world wide, but only 6% of those deaths was from covid alone the rest of the deaths people had an average of 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

CDC Reports 182,611 deaths for the USA."

My bad i shoulda put in the US not worldwide.

Im sure its similar case though world wide where the number of deaths purely down to covid is small.

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 17:48:58]

"No.

The last thing Boris Johnson wanted was a pandemic. Everything was going so well for him with minimal effort and now he's been exposed as a dithering clown who's completely out of his depth as PM and as a consequence his popularity has plummeted, dragging the Conservative party down with him.

Likewise with Donald Trump. Before covid he was almost certain of re-election, but his disastrous handling of the pandemic, along with the BLM protests has left him looking very vulnerable now.

Why would they expose themselves like this when everything was going their way anyway, and what would they gain from it when to all intents and purposes they were controlling us anyway? The hypothesis doesn't make any logical sense.

"

Totally Agree.

Everyone who is saying it's all about Control NEVER EVER say what it is that is being controlled. Just one-off throw-away conspiratorial sentences that goes knowhere beyond 'They're Controlling Us'

Please. If you feel this way tell us conrolled from what, to what?

"

Err ???

CDC Reports 182,611 deaths for the USA.

My bad i shoulda put in the US not worldwide.

Im sure its similar case though world wide where the number of deaths purely down to covid is small.

"

"No.

Totally Agree.

Everyone who is saying it's all about Control NEVER EVER say what it is that is being controlled. Just one-off throw-away conspiratorial sentences that goes knowhere beyond 'They're Controlling Us'

Please. If you feel this way tell us conrolled from what, to what?"

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Why on earth would all the leaders in the world have a conspiracy against the people ? Why would they do something that has caused economic disaster ? Are they all telling a lie about the deaths ? "

There are far too many "insignificant" wealthy people in the world..

World growth over the last 40 years has been huge..

Time for the exctremely wealthy to bring down those getting too near them..

Subtle in it's overall aim

But it'll work...

4 million unemployed now and furlough is still running, companies refusing to have staff back in the office...

Work from home... Yeah sure.. Just have a think how many people can't and rely on offices being full of people so they can do what they do for a monetary return

It's scary what's around the corner within 3 months

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Yes were being controlled, bit tin foil have a ain't gonna help.

The reason for the control is a vast number of people are too fucking stupid to look after themselves and they don't have the ability to act responsibly to stop the spread of the virus.

It's simple really....

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Yes were being controlled, bit tin foil have a ain't gonna help.

The reason for the control is a vast number of people are too fucking stupid to look after themselves and they don't have the ability to act responsibly to stop the spread of the virus.

It's simple really...."

absolute nail on head.

Not really and its not comparable cancer if you hadn't heard is not an infectious disease you cant catch it from others.

london

"

For how long though, in London they are making it almost impossible to travel around now, soon will be all electric vehicles and a nightmare for your everyday hard working trades person.

'A ban on selling new petrol, diesel or hybrid cars in the UK will be brought forward from 2040 to 2035 at the latest, under government plans. The change comes after experts said 2040 would be too late if the UK wants to achieve its target of emitting virtually zero carbon by 2050'. From .gov

A bit of time yet. "

After watching a documentary about how quickly the polar ice caps are breaking up melting and absorbing The suns rays instead of reflecting them, I only wish I could think the same.

The government and powers that be will only tell you what you want to hear and not what you need to now. “ panic stations and all that “.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Controlled to the extent that the conspiracy theorists believe? No.

However those in position of power (government or businesses, or both!) will be using every little window of opportunity presented to gain advantage and push their own interest and agenda. In some cases it will be about controlling the narrative.

Tin town

"

A bit of time yet.

After watching a documentary about how quickly the polar ice caps are breaking up melting and absorbing The suns rays instead of reflecting them, I only wish I could think the same.

The government and powers that be will only tell you what you want to hear and not what you need to now. “ panic stations and all that “."

"the powers that be".. Awww

There are other sources of facts than "the powers that be" though...

I do agree with you that pollution is a massive issue that needs to be addressed and currently isn't though. I suppose it comes down to how much of your lifestyle you are prepared to give up.

Chelmsford

"

A bit of time yet. "

Zero emissions.. hahahaha

Our footprint exported to China ffs

Ooooooh the government figured out how to control the population by making them wear a mask!

Stupid fucking conspiracy theories are doing my head in!

Just wear your mask,it's not fucking hard!!!

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"You can't keep people penned up. Life is about risks, if you are vulnerable protect yourself and isolate. There are many things about that can kill you like cancer etc, crossing the road, cycling on UK roads, depriving people of their liberty and inducing depression from isolation and ?? ruining the physical and mental health of millions its getting out of hand, how many die of flu, heart disease and stroke all being backlogged because of covid19,. And if I go to the pub and get it, it's the risk you take, but it's my decision, not the nanny state. Please don't bore me with the curve stuff. "

Once you have caught it at the pub as you say that's up to you but what about those you pass it onto that could end up dyeing

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 19:16:35]

Chelmsford

"Ooooooh the government figured out how to control the population by making them wear a mask!

Just wear your mask,it's not fucking hard!!!"

Some people can't

Chelmsford

Mask or Muzzle..

Control the Populus..

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"Ooooooh the government figured out how to control the population by making them wear a mask!

Just don't be a sheep always, it's not fucking hard!

"Mask or Muzzle..

Control the Populus.."

Darwen

"

A bit of time yet.

The government and powers that be will only tell you what you want to hear and not what you need to now. “ panic stations and all that “."

Correction. The government only tell you what they want you to hear. Not what you want or need to hear.

"

Err ??? "

Shhhhhh, don't encourage him, he might go away

If you believe this then you're a flat earther kind on individual

Chelmsford

"

Err ???

Shhhhhh, don't encourage him, he might go away "

Just shout louder than them

That works ..

Darwen

We have to remember that the deaths of many of those who have sadly died having contracted Covid, already had an underlying condition or was elderly or both. These people may have died any way from the condition they had. And Covid just speed it up, just as influenza would during winter. But maybe, just maybe governments some if not all will be using it for their own benefits and control. I'll put money down that some influential politicians will have some kind of interests in the pharmaceutical companies that already hold ill people to randsome. And will benefit from all of this. Remember most politicians and people of privalage have no morals.

Yep. I think they've looked at What Greta was pounding her fists about and realised she's got a point. Not only emissions but other things that might mean we don't have a planet after 2080. The planet is currently in intensive care.

Why aren't people taking into account the long term psychological effects of masks. It might (or might not) help the spread of the virus, but when the treatment is more deadly than the cure you go back to square one.

Why aren't people taking into account the long term psychological effects of masks. It might (or might not) help the spread of the virus, but when the treatment is more deadly than the cure you go back to square one. "

Seriously you thinking wearing a mask is deadly?

Batman and superman are fucked then aren't they!

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Why aren't people taking into account the long term psychological effects of masks. It might (or might not) help the spread of the virus, but when the treatment is more deadly than the cure you go back to square one. "

Hmmm

I'll need a while to work that one out

North West

Deadly? What's deadly about a mask? Medical professionals routinely wear them for the whole working day, on their feet, up and down the corridors at a rate of knots. I've not heard of surgeons being struck down mid-op, or nurses keeling over and dying on the way to the pharmacy. Have you? Citizens in East Asia have routinely worn masks to reduce exposure to pollution for ages. Most of my students already wore a mask of some sort when travelling to college before Covid and they used to get laughed at in the street. No more......

Chelmsford

Masks are voluntary..

Don't now down to your masters or you will always be slaves

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Yes - in answer to the original question.

"Masks are voluntary..

Don't now down to your masters or you will always be slaves "

In a Range of Public Places Indoors, masks are NOT voluntary.

Chelmsford

Nobody enforces it..

Tin town

Yep. I think they've looked at What Greta was pounding her fists about and realised she's got a point. Not only emissions but other things that might mean we don't have a planet after 2080. The planet is currently in intensive care. "

Just out of interest what exactly was greta pounding her fists about? What was her manifesto?

Tin town

"Masks are voluntary..

Don't now down to your masters or you will always be slaves "

That's kind of offensive to people who are or have genuinely been enslaved isn't it?

[Removed by poster at 30/08/20 20:02:08]

"We have to remember that the deaths of many of those who have sadly died having contracted Covid, already had an underlying condition or was elderly or both. These people may have died any way from the condition they had. And Covid just speed it up, just as influenza would during winter. But maybe, just maybe governments some if not all will be using it for their own benefits and control. I'll put money down that some influential politicians will have some kind of interests in the pharmaceutical companies that already hold ill people to randsome. And will benefit from all of this. Remember most politicians and people of privalage have no morals. "

If you have a pension fund, you'll most likely have an interest in a pharmaceutical company too. So tell us, what are you trying to control about us?

"Nobody enforces it..

"

I have seen people refused entry to shops, Rides at Alton Towers, An Asda Garage Shop, a restaurant in Liverpool.

Chelmsford

"Masks are voluntary..

Don't now down to your masters or you will always be slaves

That's kind of offensive to people who are or have genuinely been enslaved isn't it? "

No.. it's your ridiculous narrative

Yep. I think they've looked at What Greta was pounding her fists about and realised she's got a point. Not only emissions but other things that might mean we don't have a planet after 2080. The planet is currently in intensive care.

Just out of interest what exactly was greta pounding her fists about? What was her manifesto? "

Coral reefs will be gone by 2055

Amazon rainforest by 2080

Plastic consumption is destroying marine life.

Chelmsford

No loss

Why aren't people taking into account the long term psychological effects of masks. It might (or might not) help the spread of the virus, but when the treatment is more deadly than the cure you go back to square one.

Deadly? What's deadly about a mask? Medical professionals routinely wear them for the whole working day, on their feet, up and down the corridors at a rate of knots. I've not heard of surgeons being struck down mid-op, or nurses keeling over and dying on the way to the pharmacy. Have you? Citizens in East Asia have routinely worn masks to reduce exposure to pollution for ages. Most of my students already wore a mask of some sort when travelling to college before Covid and they used to get laughed at in the street. No more...... "

But these people get a shit load of councelling for their mental health.

North West

Deadly? What's deadly about a mask? Medical professionals routinely wear them for the whole working day, on their feet, up and down the corridors at a rate of knots. I've not heard of surgeons being struck down mid-op, or nurses keeling over and dying on the way to the pharmacy. Have you? Citizens in East Asia have routinely worn masks to reduce exposure to pollution for ages. Most of my students already wore a mask of some sort when travelling to college before Covid and they used to get laughed at in the street. No more......

But these people get a shit load of councelling for their mental health. "

Is that a joke? Because NHS staff certainly don't and nor do students from East Asia. You still haven't elaborated on your assertion that mask wearing is deadly

But these people get a shit load of councelling for their mental health. "

Please provide a source for this statement that proves this is related to their wearing of masks through choice.

in Lancashire

"We have to remember that the deaths of many of those who have sadly died having contracted Covid, already had an underlying condition or was elderly or both. These people may have died any way from the condition they had. And Covid just speed it up, just as influenza would during winter. But maybe, just maybe governments some if not all will be using it for their own benefits and control. I'll put money down that some influential politicians will have some kind of interests in the pharmaceutical companies that already hold ill people to randsome. And will benefit from all of this. Remember most politicians and people of privalage have no morals. "

And remember that politicians, the privaleged etc are people first so any lacking in morality is not solely exclusive to them..

Yes people with underlying health conditions will like us all due at some point but they are not to be simply discarded or allowed to die as it suits others to not make sacrifices..