FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > I detect a change of attitudes

I detect a change of attitudes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People are tiring of the ever-increasing and draconian nature of this Government and it's measures, and its willingness to rule by decree.

Even many Tory MPs are beginning to revolt.

And I notice some of the most vociferous supporters of the virus restrictions on here have lately gone quiet.

A change is coming . . .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

People are starting to realise there freedoms are being taken away and worried we may not get them back

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

People who supported the lockdown like me understood that it was to protect the rising numbers of people going to hospital and to stop the hospitals getting overwhelmed. It was never going to stop the virus, as the nhs is not in the same position as it was back then there is no need to support another lockdown but if the hospitals were getting to maximum capacity again i for one would support another one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m far more irritated at the people who think the rules don’t apply to them

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions.

"I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected"

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all.

Herne Bay

"I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all."

Apart from the rise of the mafia

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I've actually heard people say out loud that "this virus isn't real". Outside school this morning.

I was genuinely surprised and Im usually the cynical one

I suspect the percentage of compliance will continue to nose dive.

"I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all. Apart from the rise of the mafia "

But apart from the rise of the mafia, what have the romans ever done for us.

midlands

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all. Apart from the rise of the mafia "

Maybe, i dont know the history if im honest, but surely now a days, the intel and equipment the government have on orgsnised crime, itd not get to a mafia type situation. Im not saying it will happen.. im saying i woukdnt be surprised if it did

near ipswich

"I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions."
Couldnt have put it better.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 12:01:47]

"I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions.Couldnt have put it better. "

But just enough time to comment on it.

"I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected"
. Excellent, just the person i want. How about an even money £1000 bet that we don’t see prohibition any time in the next five years. Don’t want to go longer than that as i’m spending my winnings as i type.

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all."

near ipswich

"I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions.Couldnt have put it better.

But just enough time to comment on it. "

Ive got all the time in the world im still in isolation until Wednesday but agree with not wasting your time on fuckwits.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"People are tiring of the ever-increasing and draconian nature of this Government and it's measures, and its willingness to rule by decree.

And I notice some of the most vociferous supporters of the virus restrictions on here have lately gone quiet.

A change is coming . . .

"

I'm not sure given a recent poll found nearly 60% of brits thought the measures weren't stringent enough. Almost as if they're begging for further restrictions on their freedoms.

If you want a glimpse into a dystopian future, look no further than what's occuring in Melbourne.

There was a poll yesterday I heard on the radio...14% think the laws are too harsh...46% think they dont go far enough.

So i would think them Tory backbenchers are out of touch with the electorate...

midlands

"I wouldnt be surprised if prohibition was to come into effect sometime in the future. Lets make going to the pub awkward for folks that they decide its not worth the hassle, then when most pubs are shut, we can ramp up the cost of supermaket beer so all the people wanting a tipple at home cant even afford to do that. Alcohol related hospital admissions are down to zero saving the nhs a fortune. Addiction is reduced and then the money lost from tax on booze is saved by hospital admissions reduced, and any shortfal can be made up with other new taxes. So the poor just scrape by, and the rich arent affected. Excellent, just the person i want. How about an even money £1000 bet that we don’t see prohibition any time in the next five years. Don’t want to go longer than that as i’m spending my winnings as i type. "

I did say it was only "i wouldnt be surprised". I never said it will happen

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all. Apart from the rise of the mafia

Maybe, i dont know the history if im honest, but surely now a days, the intel and equipment the government have on orgsnised crime, itd not get to a mafia type situation. Im not saying it will happen.. im saying i woukdnt be surprised if it did"

Organised crime is still a major problem, and prohibition will not work, just as it didn't work in America in the early 20th century.

I would hazard a guess that prohibition is the last thing the government is thinking about at the moment.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions."

midlands

Prohibition was a roaring success in the states. Nothing bad happened at all. Apart from the rise of the mafia

Maybe, i dont know the history if im honest, but surely now a days, the intel and equipment the government have on orgsnised crime, itd not get to a mafia type situation. Im not saying it will happen.. im saying i woukdnt be surprised if it did

Organised crime is still a major problem, and prohibition will not work, just as it didn't work in America in the early 20th century.

I would hazard a guess that prohibition is the last thing the government is thinking about at the moment."

Who knows what those fuckwits are thinking of at the moment, apart from what they can claim for at the end of the month

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I would gladly accept full measures one way or the other but these half hearted measures are a disaster . We either do this or we dont. This 10pm curfew is a joke for starters. It's no good 40,50,60,70% of the population obeying these rules if 10, 20, 30% arwnt.you may as, well go talk to a brick wall

By *ans123Couple  over a year ago

manchester

Don`t you love all the web doctors on Fab lol

Trying to take human nature out of humans was always going to be a hopeless task, that's why the Swedes didn't bother and tried to keep it as simple as possible for long term usage.

"I'm just not wasting my time arguing the toss with fuckwits who think the world should revolve around their delusions.Couldnt have put it better.

But just enough time to comment on it. Ive got all the time in the world im still in isolation until Wednesday but agree with not wasting your time on fuckwits. "

Perhaps you should stay in isolation and noit pester us with your vulgar comments.

near ipswich

But just enough time to comment on it. Ive got all the time in the world im still in isolation until Wednesday but agree with not wasting your time on fuckwits.

Perhaps you should stay in isolation and noit pester us with your vulgar comments."

What vulgar comments would they be?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Change is coming and we only have 6 months of uncertainty to wait for it, once we have done a full year of this virus through all of the seasons then we can move on. Hopefully with a seasonal vaccine, most definitely with life saving drugs, all we are doing is biding our time to help medical professionals to find ways to help us if we catch sars-cov-2 if we need to be hospitalised, its not about trying to stop it, its about everyone helping to slow it down.

But just enough time to comment on it. Ive got all the time in the world im still in isolation until Wednesday but agree with not wasting your time on fuckwits.

Perhaps you should stay in isolation and noit pester us with your vulgar comments.What vulgar comments would they be?"

Calling those who don't agree with you "fuckwits"

"Change is coming and we only have 6 months of uncertainty to wait for it, once we have done a full year of this virus through all of the seasons then we can move on. Hopefully with a seasonal vaccine, most definitely with life saving drugs, all we are doing is biding our time to help medical professionals to find ways to help us if we catch sars-cov-2 if we need to be hospitalised, its not about trying to stop it, its about everyone helping to slow it down."

It's about learning to live with it without wrecking the economy and the whole of society.

About not saddling people with huge fines and criminal records for chatting to their neighbours in their garden or going to the local shop for essential food supplies and so on

"Change is coming and we only have 6 months of uncertainty to wait for it, once we have done a full year of this virus through all of the seasons then we can move on. Hopefully with a seasonal vaccine, most definitely with life saving drugs, all we are doing is biding our time to help medical professionals to find ways to help us if we catch sars-cov-2 if we need to be hospitalised, its not about trying to stop it, its about everyone helping to slow it down.

It's about learning to live with it without wrecking the economy and the whole of society.

About not saddling people with huge fines and criminal records for chatting to their neighbours in their garden or going to the local shop for essential food supplies and so on"

Where does it say you’ll be fined for getting essential food supplies?

"Change is coming and we only have 6 months of uncertainty to wait for it, once we have done a full year of this virus through all of the seasons then we can move on. Hopefully with a seasonal vaccine, most definitely with life saving drugs, all we are doing is biding our time to help medical professionals to find ways to help us if we catch sars-cov-2 if we need to be hospitalised, its not about trying to stop it, its about everyone helping to slow it down.

About not saddling people with huge fines and criminal records for chatting to their neighbours in their garden or going to the local shop for essential food supplies and so on

"

Just today - fines up to 10,000 if you break self isolation even to go to the shop

Have to find others to do it for you

Just today - fines up to 10,000 if you break self isolation even to go to the shop

Have to find others to do it for you"

You didn’t make that clear did you? If you’re isolating because there’s a chance you may have caught the virus, of course you shouldn’t go to the shops.

That’s just common sense.

Honestly, what’s so bloody difficult to understand and follow?

near ipswich

Perhaps you should stay in isolation and noit pester us with your vulgar comments.What vulgar comments would they be?

Calling those who don't agree with you "fuckwits""

I dont call all who disagree with me fuckwits but i do those who have been smoking too much skunk and come out with outlandish claims that its a worldwide government conspiracy or the government are trying to enforce prohibition.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"There was a poll yesterday I heard on the radio...14% think the laws are too harsh...46% think they dont go far enough.

So i would think them Tory backbenchers are out of touch with the electorate..."

That’s true, a recent poll showed that the majority of the population supported the restrictions, plus they also think the restrictions don’t go far enough.

And some of those Tory backbenchers are not saying they don’t support the restrictions, they are just complaining about not having a say or vote on the matter.

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Duns

"I would gladly accept full measures one way or the other but these half hearted measures are a disaster . We either do this or we dont. This 10pm curfew is a joke for starters. It's no good 40,50,60,70% of the population obeying these rules if 10, 20, 30% arwnt.you may as, well go talk to a brick wall"

I don't understand why we don't just have occasional, pre-planned and absolute lockdowns. One week every three months or so where everyone isolates, everything shut down except for emergency services.

near ipswich

"I would gladly accept full measures one way or the other but these half hearted measures are a disaster . We either do this or we dont. This 10pm curfew is a joke for starters. It's no good 40,50,60,70% of the population obeying these rules if 10, 20, 30% arwnt.you may as, well go talk to a brick wall

I don't understand why we don't just have occasional, pre-planned and absolute lockdowns. One week every three months or so where everyone isolates, everything shut down except for emergency services."

what would that achieve exactly?

Have to find others to do it for you

You didn’t make that clear did you? If you’re isolating because there’s a chance you may have caught the virus, of course you shouldn’t go to the shops.

That’s just common sense.

Honestly, what’s so bloody difficult to understand and follow? "

It s not just because you have caught it.

Its because some app tells you that were in a pub or a restaurant where somebody else had it so you cant go out for two weeks.

Read the news and learn to understand it yourself..

Think before you mouth off We could end up with half the population self isolating

The rich can't enjoy their caviar without champers. Can't sip their napoleon brandy etc.....more scaremongering!

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"I’m far more irritated at the people who think the rules don’t apply to them "

"There was a poll yesterday I heard on the radio...14% think the laws are too harsh...46% think they dont go far enough.

So i would think them Tory backbenchers are out of touch with the electorate..."

And the remaining 40% don't think

Have to find others to do it for you"

And the talking to neighbours?

And the remaining 40% don't think "

In a nutshell

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

well as i have been saying all along, the changes dont come in one swoop, they slowly bring in changes to which us the public dont see, or we see it as or are led to believe the Government are protecting us.

Giving up your rights for the sake of a small percentage of deaths, that the Government and the media have hiped up as though the world is ending, is what we have allowed to happen.

Now we have neighbours spying on us, Marshalls looking through letter boxes, police smashing home holders doors down to break up parties, erm thats a trespass and an invasion of our right to private lives gone, and we aint getting them back.

What better way of hiding something than putting it right under our noses.

They want us to believe that this virus exists, well there it is right in front of you beLIEve and how many didnt spot that one.

And the remaining 40% don't think

"

I'd like to see the precise question that was asked.

As with all polls it depends how you ask the question.

Many people tend to answer what they think the questioner wants to hear.

Sussex

"well as i have been saying all along, the changes dont come in one swoop, they slowly bring in changes to which us the public dont see, or we see it as or are led to believe the Government are protecting us.

Giving up your rights for the sake of a small percentage of deaths, that the Government and the media have hiped up as though the world is ending, is what we have allowed to happen.

Now we have neighbours spying on us, Marshalls looking through letter boxes, police smashing home holders doors down to break up parties, erm thats a trespass and an invasion of our right to private lives gone, and we aint getting them back.

They want us to believe that this virus exists, well there it is right in front of you beLIEve and how many didnt spot that one.

"

When it hits you and your family you KNOW it exists.

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes

By *urekamanfor2Man  over a year ago

Shoreham

"well as i have been saying all along, the changes dont come in one swoop, they slowly bring in changes to which us the public dont see, or we see it as or are led to believe the Government are protecting us.

"

OMG

What do you mean "if" open your eyes or talk to doctors and nurses or families that have been hit.

durham

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes "

I don't underestimate, the virus but do you want this country going to the wall because that's where we are heading if we are not careful. Future generations, will remember us, for all the wrong reasons when they have no prospects or hope

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"People are tiring of the ever-increasing and draconian nature of this Government and it's measures, and its willingness to rule by decree.

A change is coming . . .

"

Some of understand some don't want to

Sussex

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes I don't underestimate, the virus but do you want this country going to the wall because that's where we are heading if we are not careful. Future generations, will remember us, for all the wrong reasons when they have no prospects or hope "

I think you overestimate how quickly things will recover. It mat take a few years but "future generations " will have other bigger concerns and this will be history

"

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes "

What's "defistation" ?

Is that something else we can out on our profile likes and dislikes lol ?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

How do you get to ADDICTION being down.? ?

Not at the moment with covid...

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes I don't underestimate, the virus but do you want this country going to the wall because that's where we are heading if we are not careful. Future generations, will remember us, for all the wrong reasons when they have no prospects or hope "

The UK did not go to the wall fighting WW2 so why should it now it will be hard but doable and yes Future generations will have to pay for it like we have played for WW2

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yawn... Jesus h...

Stop prodding the gimp. The gimps sleeping and dreaming that it's all someone else's fault.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's not hard to make some tiny concessions to limit the spread and damage from this infectious agent.

It speaks volumes of the mindset that is so hard done by, from insignificant miniscule adjustments to life

Sussex

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes I don't underestimate, the virus but do you want this country going to the wall because that's where we are heading if we are not careful. Future generations, will remember us, for all the wrong reasons when they have no prospects or hope

The UK did not go to the wall fighting WW2 so why should it now it will be hard but doable and yes Future generations will have to pay for it like we have played for WW2"

Exactly!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

A change is coming . . .

"

Flipping heck, they have only gone quiet due to the tidal wave of nonsense spouted by the conspiracy theory brigade, fighting a loosing battle against common sense.

Most will carry on regardless with the restrictions and measures.

People need to stop going on the internet and reading crackpot ideas starred by some 40 year old virgin living at home with his parents still.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Started

i dont know who is telling the truth.

i dont know if thoses in white coats are experts.

i dont know if this will ever end.

i just dont know.

durham

Please dont underestimate the defistation this virus causes I don't underestimate, the virus but do you want this country going to the wall because that's where we are heading if we are not careful. Future generations, will remember us, for all the wrong reasons when they have no prospects or hope

The UK did not go to the wall fighting WW2 so why should it now it will be hard but doable and yes Future generations will have to pay for it like we have played for WW2

Exactly!"

with your type of attitude maybe, we, should all just curl up and die. Nothing is ever won by hiding away. Lock us down for 6 months or more the virus, will still be there but a lot of business and livelihoods won't When unemployment goes through the roof. So your saying fuck the future, generation let them deal with it. If you are, going into hibernation waiting for a vaccine... Good luck with that.

By *ebel Red HotWoman  over a year ago

York

I think a change definitely is coming and its Total Lockdown.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

But apart from the rise of the mafia, what have the romans ever done for us."

Was Sicily part of the Roman state?

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"i dont know who is telling the truth.

i dont know if thoses in white coats are experts.

i dont know if this will ever end.

i just dont know."

Honest answer there.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

A change is coming . . .

"

Yes there is a change coming and it will hit home when the young feel the effects covid have on them.

Not deaths but lifelong lung damage some things can be almost worse than death

By *lkNhungMan  over a year ago

Luton

"People are starting to realise there freedoms are being taken away and worried we may not get them back "

Absolute facts

By *utterflyandArtificeCouple  over a year ago

TROWBRIDGE

To be honest I was shocked when I was working in West Africa during the Ebola outbreak when I heard the same rhetoric that is being spouted by some nowadays in UK

"The disease isn't real"

"The government wants to take away our freedom"

"I don't believe in Ebola"

(Delete Ebola and insert Coronavirus/Covid).

A change is coming . . .

"

What I detect is the lessons in endurance learned by this countries history have sadly gone. Whos’s grandparents didn’t have many years of their lives consumed by war, separation, hardship, bombings etc... likewise their parents before that.

And here we are, the class of 2020 rioting over the fact we have to leave the pub at 10pm.

This pandemic has absolutely highlighted the very worst of some people, their ridiculous levels of selfishness and their inability to give up anything for the sake of others.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"People are starting to realise there freedoms are being taken away and worried we may not get them back "
The virus will take away more than a freedom,we need a few strict measures the government is to soft and people to selfish

But apart from the rise of the mafia, what have the romans ever done for us.

Was Sicily part of the Roman state?"

I’ll get back to my script writer.

A change is coming . . .

What I detect is the lessons in endurance learned by this countries history have sadly gone. Whos’s grandparents didn’t have many years of their lives consumed by war, separation, hardship, bombings etc... likewise their parents before that.

And here we are, the class of 2020 rioting over the fact we have to leave the pub at 10pm.

This pandemic has absolutely highlighted the very worst of some people, their ridiculous levels of selfishness and their inability to give up anything for the sake of others."

Rioting? I must have missed that.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

A change is coming . . .

This pandemic has absolutely highlighted the very worst of some people, their ridiculous levels of selfishness and their inability to give up anything for the sake of others."

Well said

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 29/09/20 12:45:27]

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

A change is coming . . .

Have you given up driving so you don't accidentally run someone over?

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

However, we are used to living in a society where we pretty much want for nothing.

We can have what we want, when we want it, 24hrs a day

We had the highest standard of living ever, and a benefits system ( albeit a crap one) to fall back on.

We dont know hardship or self sacrifice

And in turn, we have taken our lifestyles for granted.

We are now being taught a hard lesson. Tbh i think we deserve it

"I’m far more irritated at the people who think the rules don’t apply to them "
we agree with you totally there is a f*** you I’m ok and don’t care attitude about

A change is coming . . .

This pandemic has absolutely highlighted the very worst of some people, their ridiculous levels of selfishness and their inability to give up anything for the sake of others.

Yes it has.

However, we are used to living in a society where we pretty much want for nothing.

We had the highest standard of living ever, and a benefits system ( albeit a crap one) to fall back on.

We are now being taught a hard lesson. Tbh i think we deserve it"

I applaud your attitude well said

in Lancashire

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

I think there is much truth in that..

Herne Bay

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

"

you never know you mighty see the return of public flagellation

in Lancashire

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

you never know you mighty see the return of public flagellation "

Could be fun..

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

"

Yes there is a change coming and it will hit home when the young feel the effects covid have on them.

Not deaths but lifelong lung damage some things can be almost worse than death"

Doctors on Radio 4 today were highlighting the huge apparent lack of attention being given to life-changing "long Covid" and the significant risk of pulmonary fibrosis in even mild cases, as the fibrosis develops insidiously over time as a result of the immune system trying to defend the lungs. They were stating we simply don't know how many people may go on to develop pulmonary fibrosis as a result of Covid and be in the need of transplant in 10, 20, 30 yrs time. The young people are likely to be more at risk due to the lifespan ahead of them.

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

I think the biggest lesson we're having is just how utterly corrupt and incompetent our government actually is.

Shoreham

It's a new virus I dont think corrupt comes into the equation??

At least if you don't get your flu jab we should all be fine since we are wearing a mask to stop covid which is more deadly, yes??

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A change is coming . . .

Yes it has.

I think the biggest lesson we're having is just how utterly corrupt and incompetent our government actually is."

I wonder if anyone who voted for them last year is regretting it now?

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

My take is that..

1 people ( who have largely been unaffected... eg no direct health impact, no job loss, et etc ) are bored of this now...

2 government has lost the way in informing people and failed to rally media who are still having a fear mongering field day.

The real story is hidden behind behind all this noise and misinformation, a general lack of common sense unfortunately and the way we like to blame moan and think ourselves above this terrible disease...it with us like it or not and we need to improvise adapt and overcome.

Sermon over

"Have you given up driving so you don't accidentally run someone over?"

No I drive. I’m not however one of those drivers who ignores the 20mph signs around schools Just because they find it inconvenient to their journey and timings.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's a new virus I dont think corrupt comes into the equation??"

You think it's ok for politicians to use covid as a reason to make money?

[Removed by poster at 30/09/20 10:44:46]

A change is coming . . .I find most government ministers revolting

"

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"It's a new virus I dont think corrupt comes into the equation??

You think it's ok for politicians to use covid as a reason to make money?"

It's as shameful as making money from brexit but that is unquestionable.

Shoreham

You think it's ok for politicians to use covid as a reason to make money?"

Making money is not necessarily corrupt????

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

You think it's ok for politicians to use covid as a reason to make money?

Making money is not necessarily corrupt???? "

When they are giving contracts to companies with links to tory mps without tender it is.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"It's a new virus I dont think corrupt comes into the equation??"

Corruption aside, there has been a lot of government incompetence, and yes it is a new virus, but the reactions have been knee jerk badly timed and the 'science' around their ides being questionable.

So many new cases per day, so many more than at the start of lockdown so thats a reason for more restrictions; when lockdown started how many people a day were being tested ? surely less that are now, so how do we know how many people actually had it in march april and may compared to now ?

I am sure that someone knows the figures, but i have not seen them anywhere.

Like most things raw data proves nothing; I am not saying there are not more cases recorded now, just wondering if the comparison to the start of lockdown is valid ?

not that it matters, all that matters is that Boris and his merry men can do what the hell they like and no one can argue with them.

one day democracy will return to the country, but when that will be who knows.

till then Boris will use the stupidity of some people as an excuse to reduce the freedoms of the rest of us.

all i can do is keep me safe and i am !

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I don't understand why more people aren't downloading an app which can tell you to stay indoors or face a £10,000 fine! I mean, why wouldn't you?!

Shoreham

"I don't understand why more people aren't downloading an app which can tell you to stay indoors or face a £10,000 fine! I mean, why wouldn't you?!"

Missing the point completely! Oh dear ....

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I don't understand why more people aren't downloading an app which can tell you to stay indoors or face a £10,000 fine! I mean, why wouldn't you?!"

No the app gives you a recommendation, it’s not a legally enforceable instruction! It’s hoped not everyone in Britain is a selfish cockwomble!

» Add a new message to this topic