FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Throw those masks away

Throw those masks away

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Will that day ever come or are masks here to stay?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Will that day ever come or are masks here to stay?"

I think it will come, but a long way off yet

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

They might remain popular amongst some or even common place during winter but it's unlikely they will be compulsory forever

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I'd be happy to do it now, as I don't think there very good.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think we'll probably follow a lot of countries and wear them when we have a cold in future.

I'm not getting in to the effectiveness debate.

By *lixirWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham

They are here to stay you only have to look at how they have become the norm in the far east over the last decade to see that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They are here to stay you only have to look at how they have become the norm in the far east over the last decade to see that. "

I've spent quite a few years there.

There not the norm in the far East though, well they weren't, yes quite a few people wear them when they have a cold or cough but you wouldn't see more than say 10% wearing a mask.

If I ever get back there I'll tell you what it's like now

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"They are here to stay you only have to look at how they have become the norm in the far east over the last decade to see that.

I've spent quite a few years there.

There not the norm in the far East though, well they weren't, yes quite a few people wear them when they have a cold or cough but you wouldn't see more than say 10% wearing a mask.

If I ever get back there I'll tell you what it's like now "

Been to Thailand fair few times hardly ever seen the Thais wearing masks

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm guessing that in a year's time we will be wearing them, as summer ends and more time indoors comes to leave us as more vulnerable.

It would be great if we did wear them for when we have colds etc, as this will reduce infection potentially. Working from home could also help limit people passing infections around. And it could be fantastic for flu levels, with Australia and the southern hemisphere having low flu levels this past winter, partly due to behaviour changes people have made, though this includes being away from others too, masks have likely had an effect

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I fucking hope so, I really hate those damn things!

I think they are here to stay, for at least the next couple of years until social distancing ends.

Although I've read that there are large numbers of people who are happy to continue the social distancing forever

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yes it is such an inconvenience when you have to put one on to go shopping. I had a major operation a few years ago and I told all the theatre team not to bother with these troublesome things as I could see what a titanic struggle it was for them. They were so happy that someone had finally recognised their suffering.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes it is such an inconvenience when you have to put one on to go shopping. I had a major operation a few years ago and I told all the theatre team not to bother with these troublesome things as I could see what a titanic struggle it was for them. They were so happy that someone had finally recognised their suffering."

"Yes it is such an inconvenience when you have to put one on to go shopping. I had a major operation a few years ago and I told all the theatre team not to bother with these troublesome things as I could see what a titanic struggle it was for them. They were so happy that someone had finally recognised their suffering."

So you’ll be carrying on wearing one when there’s no need because it’s just so easy.

Bournemouth

When this is over I will be channelling my energy into remembering our brave heroes. These valiant anti maskers. These fearless fighters for freedom. I will ensure towering golden statues are erected, epic poems are composed and songs will be sung out loud and proud, to enshrine the sacrifice of our warriors and to remember them for generations to come. Never have so few done so much for so many.

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 14:39:50]

Heaton Park Manchester

"I think we'll probably follow a lot of countries and wear them when we have a cold in future.

I'm not getting in to the effectiveness debate. "

Just two points. ....

Best medical filter masks pore size THREE microns.

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

I know people who can walk through doorways that are wider than people are!

Just saying!

"I think we'll probably follow a lot of countries and wear them when we have a cold in future.

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

It make one think how all them ICU doctors and nurses manage with what you call a sieve covering their faces eh...

If going somewhere needs a mask, I simply don't go there

The mask unless N95 type will do nothing for you at all

What will almost save you contracting any virus is HAND CARE as you will almost infect your self form a virus

EVERYONE is there own safety officer,

The mask is a confidence thing,

Sanitise regular keep you hands off your face

I think they will be here for a while. As above I think they can be a confidence thing and get more people out and about than otherwise have been inclined too. Id best get the bugger washed then if it has to do another 6 mths

the wetlands

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

This has been posted before

Take a piss and see how far you can get it to go

Repeat with your underpants on

What size is a particle of piss ?

Point made.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!

Point made."

I'm just going to try it now...

Heaton Park Manchester

"The mask unless N95 type will do nothing for you at all

What will almost save you contracting any virus is HAND CARE as you will almost infect your self form a virus

EVERYONE is there own safety officer,

The mask is a confidence thing,

Sanitise regular keep you hands off your face"

Personal hygiene is far more effective, I agree.

As a child I was taught to cover my nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.

As for an ineffective mask; I find I'm confident that for the most part it's a waste of time.

I was recently in a store when someone removed their mask to sneeze. When challenged their reply was that they didn't want to sneeze in the mask because it would then be soiled!

They walk amongst us.

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!

Point made."

Warning...if you have prostate problems it might be the same

By *ackohudsonMan  over a year ago

nottingham

Yes, masks work. Not 100 percent but they help. I hope we will see the benefit in fewer people getting sick and dying from flu too.

Virus travels on droplet and aerosol particles which are mainly larger than diameter of pores. Any face covering, even cotton tshirt is better than nothing and conversely even the best mask is not 100%.

Do I like wearing them: Definitely not

But indoors in public or if close to other people outdoors it really does make sense at the moment.

Do masks protect you from man flu ?. I have serious doubts as man flu is so contagious.

It's a well know fact that Men get colds much worse than women and it's actually man flu but we soldier on. I mean I've been at deaths door lot's of time in my life and survived the most terrible cases of manflu you could wish to experience. Mrs N always says she gets it worse though. I wonder how come man flu is worse when women get it ?

By *ngie1962Couple  over a year ago

Bedford

Unless everyone wears a mask they won’t work since masks became mandatory infection rate gone up as there are still people not wearing masks and not socially distancing

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

Masks were advised to reduce spread of aerosolised droplets from coughing, sneezing, etc. which will contain a huge amount of viral nodes.

Those droplets are considerably bigger than three microns and would be easily caught by a decent mask, especially directly in front of the nose and mouth.

Yes, some will still leak out there. More will leak out around the edges as nothing other than a skintight seal will prevent that.

Virus nodes floating around on their own won’t be caught as you rightly point out, but short of giving everyone air-fed Hazmat suits, you can’t stop that.

The point was never total suppression; it was practical suppression.

Heaton Park Manchester

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!

Point made."

I am fully aware it has been posted before.

How do I know?

Simple really. I posted it!

And for your information due do hydrogen bonding water exhibits surface tension as such it behaves "en masse" ie. It behaves like a macro molecule not an individual particle.

A virus on the other hand does not exhibit this clumping behaviour and is more than capable of passing through a gap 3 times greater than its biggest dimension.

The fact that you cannot urinate as far whilst wearing underwear is due to the water stream being bigger than the pores in the said underwear.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Bournemouth

I'll ensure that songs are sung over your valiant fight regarding microns and urine. Future generations will know of your great sacrifice and warrior spirit. Thank you for your bravery.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I wish people WOULD throw them away.....in the bin.....not the floor.

Heaton Park Manchester

"I'll ensure that songs are sung over your valiant fight regarding microns and urine. Future generations will know of your great sacrifice and warrior spirit. Thank you for your bravery."

Mock if you wish, it matters little to me but consider the following.

I personally wear masks to keep within the law and to demonstrate to others that I am a responsible citizen in ensuring that droplets from my respiratory system are not projected towards them.

I am pointing out that the belief that the sacred mask is the universal panacea in the fight against this virus is a false one.

The point I originally made was that

"The best surgical mask available cannot stop the virus"

Stop and look at the plethora of masks on offer made from random pieces of cloth and then consider just how much faith and trust the public have in these preventative devices"

I'm NOT telling people HOW TO THINK, I'm merely providing facts so that people are informed and INVITE PEOPLE TO THINK.

"I'll ensure that songs are sung over your valiant fight regarding microns and urine. Future generations will know of your great sacrifice and warrior spirit. Thank you for your bravery.

I personally wear masks to keep within the law and to demonstrate to others that I am a responsible citizen in ensuring that droplets from my respiratory system are not projected towards them.

I am pointing out that the belief that the sacred mask is the universal panacea in the fight against this virus is a false one.

Stop and look at the plethora of masks on offer made from random pieces of cloth and then consider just how much faith and trust the public have in these preventative devices"

I'm NOT telling people HOW TO THINK, I'm merely providing facts so that people are informed and INVITE PEOPLE TO THINK.

"

Why would you want to do that?

Is it not law to wear them?

If you wear one why would you put a unqualified view out there to try to tell people they are not helping in the spread against this virus?

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

The nerd at work modelled the effect of wearing masks for a day in an open plan office space with social distancing. I don't claim to understand his assumptions involving aerosols and ventilation flow rate etc but anyway the calculated risk of infection was well below 1%. If not wearing a mask the risk went up but was still below 1%.

In my opinion social distancing, hand washing and sanitisation of surfaces is more important than masks indoors.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

nobody knows... end of debate

"The nerd at work modelled the effect of wearing masks for a day in an open plan office space with social distancing. I don't claim to understand his assumptions involving aerosols and ventilation flow rate etc but anyway the calculated risk of infection was well below 1%. If not wearing a mask the risk went up but was still below 1%.

In my opinion social distancing, hand washing and sanitisation of surfaces is more important than masks indoors. "

All of them go hand in hand in my opinion...I dont understand why anyone would not just use anything that might help to stop the spread..

"nobody knows... end of debate"

Come back when or if it gets to 175...until then eh

I think there will come a time when masks are no longer mandatory but I think we will get used to wearing one if we are unwell though.

Heaton Park Manchester

"I'll ensure that songs are sung over your valiant fight regarding microns and urine. Future generations will know of your great sacrifice and warrior spirit. Thank you for your bravery.

If you wear one why would you put a unqualified view out there to try to tell people they are not helping in the spread against this virus?"

Read again and again and again especially this bit "I personally wear masks to keep within the law "

I did not tell people they are not helping in the spread of the virus. What I pointed out is that the the very best of surgical masks ARE INCAPABLE of providing a totally reliable barrier to the virus. They are not foolproof and should not be relied upon to prevent the spread.

The majority of the masks on the market fall very short of the specifications of the surgical masks and cannot therefore prevent the spread of the virus.

The sole purpose of the masks is to stop you spitting droplets onto other people should you be a carrier.

Get informed and make your own informed decision. I'm not telling people what to think they must think for themselves.

chelmsford

"The nerd at work modelled the effect of wearing masks for a day in an open plan office space with social distancing. I don't claim to understand his assumptions involving aerosols and ventilation flow rate etc but anyway the calculated risk of infection was well below 1%. If not wearing a mask the risk went up but was still below 1%.

In my opinion social distancing, hand washing and sanitisation of surfaces is more important than masks indoors.

All of them go hand in hand in my opinion...I dont understand why anyone would not just use anything that might help to stop the spread.."

I'm quite attached to my masks now and have been practising my sneezing...

"nobody knows... end of debate"

No it isn't. People can chat about this and put their opinion forward it doesn't matter whether we know for definite what is gonna happen so there's no point in trying to shut the conversation down.

All of them go hand in hand in my opinion...I dont understand why anyone would not just use anything that might help to stop the spread..

I'm quite attached to my masks now and have been practising my sneezing... "

You bloody jinx....went in aldi hast night and had a fit of sneezing in there.

Kept my gob shut though

Kept my gob shut though "

Its now more socially acceptable to fart in public than to sneeze in public.

chelmsford

"nobody knows... end of debate

No it isn't. People can chat about this and put their opinion forward it doesn't matter whether we know for definite what is gonna happen so there's no point in trying to shut the conversation down."

xxx

chelmsford

Kept my gob shut though "

I'm going to try it in Tescos tomorrow

chelmsford

Kept my gob shut though

Its now more socially acceptable to fart in public than to sneeze in public. "

. That's good coz I do that when I sneeze

Kept my gob shut though

. That's good coz I do that when I sneeze "

Me too Ash calls it smarting.

If you wear one why would you put a unqualified view out there to try to tell people they are not helping in the spread against this virus?

Read again and again and again especially this bit "I personally wear masks to keep within the law "

I did not tell people they are not helping in the spread of the virus. What I pointed out is that the the very best of surgical masks ARE INCAPABLE of providing a totally reliable barrier to the virus. They are not foolproof and should not be relied upon to prevent the spread.

The majority of the masks on the market fall very short of the specifications of the surgical masks and cannot therefore prevent the spread of the virus.

The sole purpose of the masks is to stop you spitting droplets onto other people should you be a carrier.

Get informed and make your own informed decision. I'm not telling people what to think they must think for themselves."

Read my reply.. I acknowledged you where a mask in my post.

The concept you fail to grasp is masks help if everyone is wearing them as there is less virus floating around.

Posts like yours risk people thinking they are off no use. Which in my opinion makes your posts bloody dangerous.

Ps I dont need capitals to read a post

Oswaldtwistle

No it isn't. People can chat about this and put their opinion forward it doesn't matter whether we know for definite what is gonna happen so there's no point in trying to shut the conversation down.

xxx"

they just keep waffling bollox they don't know what will happen in the next 5 minutes let alone weeks or months.

xxx

they just keep waffling bollox they don't know what will happen in the next 5 minutes let alone weeks or months."

So because we can't be certain of something we shouldn't talk about it?

Oswaldtwistle

xxx

saying what's the point..

they just keep waffling bollox they don't know what will happen in the next 5 minutes let alone weeks or months.

So because we can't be certain of something we shouldn't talk about it?

"

I've noticed I must have a good top half of face because I get much more looks from ladies with it on... What if the bottom half has been spoiling the party all this time!

the wetlands

Kept my gob shut though

. That's good coz I do that when I sneeze "

So that's a 10 second warning signal then

Heaton Park Manchester

Get informed and make your own informed decision. I'm not telling people what to think they must think for themselves.

Read my reply.. I acknowledged you where a mask in my post.

The concept you fail to grasp is masks help if everyone is wearing them as there is less virus floating around.

Posts like yours risk people thinking they are off no use. Which in my opinion makes your posts bloody dangerous.

Ps I dont need capitals to read a post "

In the absence of the ability to type in bold or underline (because this facility is not available) capitalisation was used for emphasis not to aid your reading skills.

You are fully entitled to have the opinion that you believe it's "bloody dangerous" for me to post letting people know that inferior quality masks are not as effective as the best surgical masks (even though "the best" are not good enough on their own).

That is your prerogative.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Masks are her to stay, look on the road verges, in the fields, on the beach those masks will be here in a couple of hundred years if not longer

Maldon

"Will that day ever come or are masks here to stay?

Masks are her to stay, look on the road verges, in the fields, on the beach those masks will be here in a couple of hundred years if not longer"

I assume it’s where people open the car window and a gust of air suddenly blows them out of the car.

By *irtyduckMan  over a year ago

peterborough

Putting all thoughts about the pros and cons of mask wearing I have become acutely aware of how sexy the eyes of many masked women have become.

Or is it just me?

By *irtyduckMan  over a year ago

peterborough

Putting all thoughts asideabout the pros and cons of mask wearing I have become acutely aware of how sexy the eyes of many masked women have become.

Or is it just me?

"Will that day ever come or are masks here to stay?

I've noticed I must have a good top half of face because I get much more looks from ladies with it on... What if the bottom half has been spoiling the party all this time! "

You need to grow a heavy beard

Bournemouth

I propose every Thursday at 8pm we as a nation join together and clap for our anti mask heroes. Forget the emergency services and key workers, these men and women are the true national treasures. Through their bravery and self sacrifice they fight oppression on a daily basis. We salute you.

By *oss and BitchCouple  over a year ago

London

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!

Point made.

I am fully aware it has been posted before.

How do I know?

Simple really. I posted it!

And for your information due do hydrogen bonding water exhibits surface tension as such it behaves "en masse" ie. It behaves like a macro molecule not an individual particle.

A virus on the other hand does not exhibit this clumping behaviour and is more than capable of passing through a gap 3 times greater than its biggest dimension.

The fact that you cannot urinate as far whilst wearing underwear is due to the water stream being bigger than the pores in the said underwear.

I hope this clarifies things for you."

I am going to tell my GP that I am not going to wear a mask anymore because a self-appointed expert on a Sex website has put me straight about masks.

I wonder what his reaction will be

Heaton Park Manchester

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 21:46:12]

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I propose every Thursday at 8pm we as a nation join together and clap for our anti mask heroes. Forget the emergency services and key workers, these men and women are the true national treasures. Through their bravery and self sacrifice they fight oppression on a daily basis. We salute you."

They'really fighting their own deluded little battles in their own name, not for anyone else's benefit.

Heaton Park Manchester

"

I am going to tell my GP that I am not going to wear a mask anymore because a self-appointed expert on a Sex website has put me straight about masks.

I wonder what his reaction will be "

Since you are also a self appointed expert with better and more extensive knowledge than I, perhaps you might like to review ALL that I have posted.

That might include this insignificant little snippet:

and perhaps this:

You are fully entitled to have the opinion that you believe it's "bloody dangerous" for me to post letting people know that inferior quality masks are not as effective as the best surgical masks (even though "the best" are not good enough on their own).

However you can be the judge as you are the expert on your own limitations not I.

chelmsford

Kept my gob shut though

So that's a 10 second warning signal then "

chelmsford

Kept my gob shut though

Me too Ash calls it smarting. "

Haha! I love that or multi tasking

I will always and ever wear a face covering on public transport for ever.

I often considered wearing one before Covid was even heard of.

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Well Cheltenham Horse festival in March 2021 and Badminton horse trials in April 2021 have both announced this week next years events will be behind closed doors with no public spectators so i guess they are expecting life like this to be around for a while so.maybe whole football season will be spectator free this year

the wetlands

It's absolutely incredible that some people still don't understand why we wear face coverings.

Unbelievable....

By *tsThatOneGuyMan  over a year ago

Stoke

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

Except when the viral matter ia contained within an aerosol droplet, which is considerably bigger than three microns.

Do you honestly think we'd be wasting so much money on type IIR masks if they were completely and totally useless?

Yes, they're not as effective as an FFP3, but when worn correctly with eye protection and good hygiene they can make a significant difference.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

It's like sucking cocks once you get used to the feathers in your mouth it's not too bad. Guess it will be here to stay if you have a cold or something.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think people here hate wearing masks, so they will be gone as soon as we're told we don't have to wear them.

Cal

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Keys... wallet... phone...mask? Hand Sanitiser....which one will I forget today?

In my opinion social distancing, hand washing and sanitisation of surfaces is more important than masks indoors. "

Mask usage is just another tool in the box of control measures to reduce the likelihood of infection spread and using one for the vast vast majority of people shouldn't be an issue what so ever

Sadly research says they don't work anyway, scary times x

[Removed by poster at 28/10/20 09:25:35]

the wetlands

"Sadly research says they don't work anyway, scary times x"

Sandra says they don't work, science says otherwise.

Common sense says wear them

Tin town

Not sure if this will post.. But have a look. Funny how much has changed in 3 months... And how much is the same...its Jonathan pie btw

https://youtu.be/wZQkBHysrig

People already are.

See masks littering the pavements

NW London

"People already are.

See masks littering the pavements"

Wonder how long before they start poisoning wildlife and the oceans?

The masks are a symbol of enslavement not for protection against a so called deadly virus

By *oastGentMan  over a year ago

G71 7SA

"The masks are a symbol of enslavement not for protection against a so called deadly virus "

What an absolute balloon.

"The masks are a symbol of enslavement not for protection against a so called deadly virus "

Ahhh the tinfoil is strong in this one, not is it

By *ony51963Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"The masks are a symbol of enslavement not for protection against a so called deadly virus

What an absolute balloon. "

Freedom of speech without criticism is a fundamental part of the priveledged democracy we all are party to.....

By *oastGentMan  over a year ago

G71 7SA

"The masks are a symbol of enslavement not for protection against a so called deadly virus

Freedom of speech without criticism is a fundamental part of the priveledged democracy we all are party to....."

Expecting to be able to spout any old bollocks that you like without criticism isn’t any kind of freedom.

Tin town

That's pretty offensive to those genuinely enslaved font you think? Wear a face mask.... Be enslaved?

Confronting and ridiculing spouted old bollocks is a fundamental British right and Mark of good old common sense

Bournemouth

We are indebted to you for your bravery and fearlessness in the face of oppression. Wise men like you have made this country what it is today.

Freedom of speech without criticism is a fundamental part of the priveledged democracy we all are party to....."

Actually, you legally don't have the right to unbridled free speech. If what you are saying is liable to lead to or incite public harm.

the wetlands

Freedom of speech without criticism is a fundamental part of the priveledged democracy we all are party to.....

Actually, you legally don't have the right to unbridled free speech. If what you are saying is liable to lead to or incite public harm. "

Actually isn't "freedom of speech without criticism" actually called dictatorship ?

Surely anyone is entitled to criticise anything anyone else says ?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Wearing of face masks are making no difference to the spread of Covid as we’re seeing.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

So because a miniscule minority see masks as 'enslavement' the overwhelming majority have to accept that?

Go back a a few hundred years and you'd see what slavery actually is, and its certainly not this pathetic psuedointellectual posturing.

Tin town

Actually, you legally don't have the right to unbridled free speech. If what you are saying is liable to lead to or incite public harm.

Actually isn't "freedom of speech without criticism" actually called dictatorship ?

Surely anyone is entitled to criticise anything anyone else says ?"

I've told you once...

Is this the right room for an argument?

Maldon

We seem to have moved off topic.

I’m happy to do my bit and really it’s no hardship to wear a mask and follow the rules.

It’s easy to criticise, and as we are seeing, not so easy to come up with solutions. Even the ‘experts’ are floundering. While they have studied these issues they’ve never experienced them before, nine months or so in is no time at all really.

Sadly, what we are now seeing across Europe and beyond suggests we are in this for the long haul.

NW London

"Wearing of face masks are making no difference to the spread of Covid as we’re seeing.

"

Quite possibly. I think they are only of any value in a limited number of settings such as where adequate social distancing is not possible (crowded public transport being the obvious example).

Wearing one in the supermarket makes bugger all difference (in my opinion) as it's very easy to maintain social distancing.

chelmsford

"Wearing of face masks are making no difference to the spread of Covid as we’re seeing.

"

Why do medical staff wear them, is it for a different reason?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Quite possibly. I think they are only of any value in a limited number of settings such as where adequate social distancing is not possible (crowded public transport being the obvious example).

Wearing one in the supermarket makes bugger all difference (in my opinion) as it's very easy to maintain social distancing."

True, well unless its Sunday in our local supermarket then its bloody mayhem; however what masks probably do is stop your breath / water vapour from getting on shelves products etc and then onto someone else ?

Maybe i am wrong but that would be my logic, since even without covid i am rarly close enough to a stranger face to face anyway. to exchange breath etc

"

....So would you allow a surgeon to perform surgery on you without a mask , with him breathing into you and your opened up body?....dont think so!

the wetlands

"

Prove it

NW London

Why do medical staff wear them, is it for a different reason? "

Because they cannot perform their job role without getting closer to someone than the Social Distancing guidelines recommend

NW London

Wearing one in the supermarket makes bugger all difference (in my opinion) as it's very easy to maintain social distancing.

True, well unless its Sunday in our local supermarket then its bloody mayhem; however what masks probably do is stop your breath / water vapour from getting on shelves products etc and then onto someone else ?

Maybe i am wrong but that would be my logic, since even without covid i am rarly close enough to a stranger face to face anyway. to exchange breath etc "

Maybe. Although I have seen people wearing masks lose all sense of social distancing ettiquete (the scrum around the bargain shelf of the supermarket looks like a feeding frenzy in a pirranah tank) or common sense (coughing/sneezing into the mask instead of into an elbow or hanky)

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

The virus is generally adhered to mucus or water molecules when you spread them via sneezes or coughs. Both of which are larger than 3 microns so I'm afraid your point it pretty much null and void.

the wetlands

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!

The virus is generally adhered to mucus or water molecules when you spread them via sneezes or coughs. Both of which are larger than 3 microns so I'm afraid your point it pretty much null and void."

So you mean if you stick 3 people together they won't get through his door

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Maybe i am wrong but that would be my logic, since even without covid i am rarly close enough to a stranger face to face anyway. to exchange breath etc

Maybe. Although I have seen people wearing masks lose all sense of social distancing ettiquete (the scrum around the bargain shelf of the supermarket looks like a feeding frenzy in a pirranah tank) or common sense (coughing/sneezing into the mask instead of into an elbow or hanky)"

Think about it. Many countries in Europe had stricter lockdowns than us in the Spring and wore masks months before the goons in our government thought they’d follow suit.

The virus still spreads regardless.

Bournemouth

I think that's called a second wave.

Maybe. Although I have seen people wearing masks lose all sense of social distancing ettiquete (the scrum around the bargain shelf of the supermarket looks like a feeding frenzy in a pirranah tank) or common sense (coughing/sneezing into the mask instead of into an elbow or hanky)

Think about it. Many countries in Europe had stricter lockdowns than us in the Spring and wore masks months before the goons in our government thought they’d follow suit.

The virus still spreads regardless. "

I’d say it’s probably when people meet with people they know inside without wearing masks. I guess it’s natural that people lowered their guards. Also surely the weather has been a factor as now we tend to stay indoor etc

I do think masks are useful, look at the Asian countries, they tend to wear them when one is sick and still needs to be outside. I think it’s a way of being respectful also towards others

the wetlands

The virus still spreads regardless. "

I think for them to be effective they have to be worn, and worn to cover mouth and nose, plenty of them only catch dribbles not spray

Just two points. ....

Virus size ONE micron.

...and one observation.

Just saying!"

Missing the point. They stop droplets with the virus attached.

Wearing one in the supermarket makes bugger all difference (in my opinion) as it's very easy to maintain social distancing."

But it's an enclosed space where the virus can linger in the air and lots of surfaces people come into contact with that it's better people don't sneeze etc. onto ...

It’s a sex site and no one talks about sex. Zzzzz

"It’s a sex site and no one talks about sex. Zzzzz"

Then don't come in the virus forum??

"It’s a sex site and no one talks about sex. Zzzzz

Then don't come in the virus forum?? "

Zzzzzzzzz. Thought there would be fun people ..how wrong Bye zzzz