FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dentists?

Dentists?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Has anyone had a check up since the 1st lockdown. I can understand why treatments are not acceptable but surely we should still be getting check ups.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

We can in England

Glasgow

I was due one in September and not heard a thing.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Only emergency services down here

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Has anyone had a check up since the 1st lockdown. I can understand why treatments are not acceptable but surely we should still be getting check ups."

No problem with checkups or treatment in Northern Ireland

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

No check up for a bloody year!!! Only emergency’s

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

check up from the neck up

Glasgow

Wish everyone had the same rules for things. It all gets very confusing.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I've had a check up and treatment, which was private, I would have thought nhs can do the same, but you may have to make the appointment.

Glasgow

"I've had a check up and treatment, which was private, I would have thought nhs can do the same, but you may have to make the appointment."

They always text when my check up is due. Will call tomorrow but think they are probably closed again for a few weeks.

chelmsford

"I've had a check up and treatment, which was private, I would have thought nhs can do the same, but you may have to make the appointment.

They always text when my check up is due. Will call tomorrow but think they are probably closed again for a few weeks."

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Yes but I went private.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Only emergencies

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I just phoned my dentist as I haven't heard from them since March time. There's a voice recording saying they're only doing emergency appointments at the moment.

Glasgow

"I just phoned my dentist as I haven't heard from them since March time. There's a voice recording saying they're only doing emergency appointments at the moment. "

Which is bad as a routine check up can detect mouth cancer.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Yes we both had a check up in July , no problems

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

Our dentist sent a text out a couple of months ago,saying they are open for check ups and treatment

I've been recently,we fill in an online health check form,then check in online as enter,only four waiting chairs very spread out,staff in full ppe,seemed to be fine no problems down here now

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Ours is emergency treatment only since March

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone had a check up since the 1st lockdown. I can understand why treatments are not acceptable but surely we should still be getting check ups.

No problem with checkups or treatment in Northern Ireland"

Must be differences even within NI...my dental practice is still only carrying out emergency or ongoing treatment

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

I had treatment as soon as dentist opened and have also had a check up 2 weeks ago NHS. I'm in Bedfordshire

By *ohnny2006Man  over a year ago

worcester

"Has anyone had a check up since the 1st lockdown. I can understand why treatments are not acceptable but surely we should still be getting check ups."

I tried to book a checkup this week and my dentist refused unless it was an emergency.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Having a check up tomorrow in England.

My last appointment was February so I would have been due again in August. Never got my text though but as we're in lockdown they're probably closed now. I'm not going to bother checking until after new year

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Had private checkup and treatment since the last 'full' lockdown finished but also heard the dentist speaking to the receptionist telling them to take only very very limited NHS slots. Not impressed at all

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"My last appointment was February so I would have been due again in August. Never got my text though but as we're in lockdown they're probably closed now. I'm not going to bother checking until after new year"

check up and a filling in september

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I had a check up in August I think, was meant to be in April but was obviously delayed.

By *appy AnytimeMan  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes been twice and got another appointment on Wednesday

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Had a filling done and prep for a crown last month, was due my crown fitting last week but Dentist self isolating, rescheduled for 7/12 then I pay them £265 ouch !

Mr here. I thought they were only opened for emergencies but apparently not. I had a check up last week and having work done this Wednesday

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Just been to a dentist today. They are running with fewer clients each day and deep cleans - not of teeth! - between clients.

It's worth contacting them, to discuss their plans for regular checkups, though they likely have a backlog

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

A recent study found (in healthy adults) there was no oral health benefit in being checked bi annually or every couple of years.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I had a crown done in Paris. The only difference was the dentist wore a mask and wiped the chair before I sat in it. Also there was no mouth wash. Thinking about, I think dentist wore masks before anyway.

"My last appointment was February so I would have been due again in August. Never got my text though but as we're in lockdown they're probably closed now. I'm not going to bother checking until after new year

check up and a filling in september"

I've got enough fillings, I don't think I need any more

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Blame the SNP ok in England

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Spoke to my dentist today ,i have to phone tomorrow and speak to nurse then she will speak to dentist, i may have to take picture of affected area and email it lol what a carry on

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Both been a couple of times to the dentist and I went to the hygienist last week, it’s up to each dentist they don’t have to close

My dentist is closed except for emergencies. You phone and speak to the receptionist (including at the weekends) they then book a phone call consultation with a dentist if they think you need one. She asked me to email a photo but i couldnt manage that. He phoned and i have an emergency appointment on wednesday. This will be my 2nd treatment since september, the same tooth !!

They all wear full PPE and only have one patient in the building at a time.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Had a check up a few weeks ago, quick questionnaire and they took my temperature.

I was due a 9 monthly check up in October, but had a text from my dental surgery cancelling that appointment.

I was told to phone in the Spring to rearrange my appointment!

Private dentist, but no check ups for son or me. They're still doing emergencies only

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Check up, treatments (not that I needed any), and hygienist all working at my private dentist. They are on a reduced number of appointments I think due to the increased cleaning & ventilation of rooms. They've been open since the first lockdown ended.

Yes, my NHS dentist is doing check ups. Ex dental nurse here but don't get any special treatment.

Nope my checkup got cancelled in April and rescheduled for October then cancelled again and when I asked to rebook they said they couldn’t as they didn’t want to have to cancel everyone again

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Just had my appointment. Had a check up and hygienist appointment got that lovely sparkly clean feeling.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Had check up with dentist and the hygienist doing her bit.

All masked up like I was about to have a operation.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Definitely open in scotland for check ups. Mine is next week and we are tier 4.

By *hilledOutGuy1Man  over a year ago

Not far away

no problem with getting treatment in North Yorks, not sure about check ups

Our dentist isn't doing check ups until march at the earliest, I spoke to them two weeks ago.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I was told it’s just emergencies onlh

Yes I had a full check up and scale and polish (manual), in September. However, my dentist is a private practice. Very well organised and COVID secure. They also had a special suite for aerosol treatments, but thankfully didn’t need that.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

No check ups in southeast just treatment as it takes 10min to clean everything inbetween had a temp filling done last Thursday 're booked for 29th January for a proper one as not in pain

It depends on the practice i think.

I know people who have had dental appointments but it was to have work done not just a check up.

By *s Roxie RyderWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Bluebelle I'm tier 4

I've an app. Thursday (had wait 3 weeks for it )and said can have any treatment required and took kids today but were saying only 10 patients a day so it's not easy to get actual appointments and then treatment will be into next year but at least getting seen - call them back !

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Our dentist is emailing about routine NHS check ups but when we phone, there's none to book. They only seem to be offering private TREATMENT though. Crafty.....

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Had my last 6 monthly check up in October last year. Obviously missed the April one but I haven't heard from my dentist since.

They used to spam me with emails, try and sell me whitening treatment, now nothing. I find it strange and am getting slightly concerned. I know one day I'll wake up with bad tooth ache

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I miss not going to my dentist because she is so sexy u always get hard when I see her in her little white outfit.

Had a check up few months ago but they wouldn’t do a scale and polish , have to wait till next year

chelmsford

Had 2 fillings few weeks ago, the dentist and the nurse had what looked like space suits on! So a hood type thing, with a pipe coming out into a backpack , think it was circulating air around the suit. Had to pay an extra £20, but it was worth it going to hygienist next month.

Glasgow

"Had 2 fillings few weeks ago, the dentist and the nurse had what looked like space suits on! So a hood type thing, with a pipe coming out into a backpack , think it was circulating air around the suit. Had to pay an extra £20, but it was worth it going to hygienist next month."

Think you are one of the lucky ones. Seen so many on the news in agony with toothaches and can not get treatment.

chelmsford

"Had 2 fillings few weeks ago, the dentist and the nurse had what looked like space suits on! So a hood type thing, with a pipe coming out into a backpack , think it was circulating air around the suit. Had to pay an extra £20, but it was worth it going to hygienist next month.

Think you are one of the lucky ones. Seen so many on the news in agony with toothaches and can not get treatment."

It is a private dentist, but I only went there because I struggled to get an nhs dentist when my surgery closed and couldn't even get on an nhs waiting list, I had no choice.

Glasgow

I phoned my dentist who is not doing check ups at the moment. My crown fell out yesterday so have made an appointment to get it put back in but have to wait 3weeks which i am annoyed at as it would literally take 2minutes for him to fix.

chelmsford

"I phoned my dentist who is not doing check ups at the moment. My crown fell out yesterday so have made an appointment to get it put back in but have to wait 3weeks which i am annoyed at as it would literally take 2minutes for him to fix."

Not good is it..

Glasgow

"I phoned my dentist who is not doing check ups at the moment. My crown fell out yesterday so have made an appointment to get it put back in but have to wait 3weeks which i am annoyed at as it would literally take 2minutes for him to fix.

Not good is it.."

No. Especially when i still need to work.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I phoned my dentist who is not doing check ups at the moment. My crown fell out yesterday so have made an appointment to get it put back in but have to wait 3weeks which i am annoyed at as it would literally take 2minutes for him to fix."

You can buy dental glue online which will work for a temporary fix.

Glasgow

"I phoned my dentist who is not doing check ups at the moment. My crown fell out yesterday so have made an appointment to get it put back in but have to wait 3weeks which i am annoyed at as it would literally take 2minutes for him to fix.

You can buy dental glue online which will work for a temporary fix. "

I have tried it before. It is like putty and not very good. I will just wear my mask 24/7 and nobody will notice.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Super glue works well. It's perfectly safe (toxicity wise) as it was designed for field surgery. Just be careful when applying it you don't glue your mouth shut!

I had emergency dental treatment yesterday, the 2nd time in a few months. It's a tempory fix for now but I'm glad they dealt with it.

They have a great safety routine which is reasurring.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I had emergency dental treatment yesterday, the 2nd time in a few months. It's a tempory fix for now but I'm glad they dealt with it.

They have a great safety routine which is reasurring."

I agree - mine earlier this week was very impressive.

By *uperGuy68Man  over a year ago

Southampton

Check up and hygienist appointment tomorrow.....can’t wait

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

I’ve had 3 hygienist appointments my teeth are sparkling after not going for ages. The hygienist is absolutely gorgeous and even with full P p e she takes away the pain. My teeth and my testicles thank her for her service...

» Add a new message to this topic