FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why is this not being spoken about??

Why is this not being spoken about??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *am Valentine OP   Woman  over a year ago

Worthing

I have been looking at worldwide rates and the strangest thing I have noticed is China (where this all started) has around 82,000 cases (to date) and now super low new case rates! Been out of lockdown type restrictions for months and no requirement of a vaccine! How is this even possible???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Because China has always been secretive about it's figures, not just for Covid but in general (war casualties, famine victims etc).

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I was wondering that to, in fact my 15 year old asked how has China managed to get back to almost normal so quickly. What I want to know is why haven't they told the rest of the world their secret!!

I googled it and the article mentioned an extremely strict lockdown from the word go, disinfecting streets and a few other things which I can't remember at this moment in time.

It's annoyed my daughter!

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"I have been looking at worldwide rates and the strangest thing I have noticed is China (where this all started) has around 82,000 cases (to date) and now super low new case rates! Been out of lockdown type restrictions for months and no requirement of a vaccine! How is this even possible??? "

You can take it as fact that china isn't being honest about numbers. I was reading about the SARS outbreak, China denied they had any cases at all at the start. When they let WHO visit they hid the SARS from them.

That said when China locks down, they don't do half measures. I think you still need 2 negative tests and you're still quarantined if you want to go to China. It will be worth noting if they cancel Chinese New Year again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have been looking at worldwide rates and the strangest thing I have noticed is China (where this all started) has around 82,000 cases (to date) and now super low new case rates! Been out of lockdown type restrictions for months and no requirement of a vaccine! How is this even possible??? "

China has an amazing track and trace system plus a ridiculously tough reaction to any outbreaks. I’m not sure any of us believe their date toll but having spoken to people who are aware of the current Chinese healthcare system it’s obvious they are dealing with the pandemic extremely well x

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Here in the UK, the government ask you to stay in and wear a mask and some scream about their loss of civil rights, dystopian control, oppression, erosion of freedom, conspiracy and even military curfew!

In China, they were locked up like sardines, but accepted their fate, complied and got the job done in a few months.

By *am Valentine OP   Woman  over a year ago

Worthing

"I was wondering that to, in fact my 15 year old asked how has China managed to get back to almost normal so quickly. What I want to know is why haven't they told the rest of the world their secret!!

I googled it and the article mentioned an extremely strict lockdown from the word go, disinfecting streets and a few other things which I can't remember at this moment in time.

It's annoyed my daughter!"

Yes I remember the strict lockdown and the streets being disinfected etc. I remember back in march thinking it was so harsh and crazy but in hindsight now (and if it worked) then why could we not follow suit? Yes it would be crazy to enforce and not cheap but with all the damage and costs that have occurred since the start of this until whenever this now ends I personally think it would have been money/time well spent!

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

"I have been looking at worldwide rates and the strangest thing I have noticed is China (where this all started) has around 82,000 cases (to date) and now super low new case rates! Been out of lockdown type restrictions for months and no requirement of a vaccine! How is this even possible???

China has an amazing track and trace system plus a ridiculously tough reaction to any outbreaks. I’m not sure any of us believe their date toll but having spoken to people who are aware of the current Chinese healthcare system it’s obvious they are dealing with the pandemic extremely well x"

The Chinese are also used to wearing masks

Whereas here , when finally told to, there were too many that cried about it

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Because for many of the dictatorships saving face is so much better than saving lives.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Possibly because they have had the vaccine a lot longer than us ....

By *ommy75Man  over a year ago

Bristol

cause it China if you break the rules u don't just get a £100, its a lots worse, Chinese government have rear power and people fear them , over hear we openly laugh and mock the idiots in charge ,

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Clamping down on journalists “picking quarrels and provoking trouble” will dampen the reporting of the truth somewhat.

That and welding people into their homes makes for an effective quarantine procedure.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not exactly news that oppressive regimes strictly control all aspects that we are used to..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Simple run a police state not possible here,people object to the half baked restrictions we have now.

Do we have the labour camps to lock objectors in?Freedom has its price

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

As others have said their records may not be as detailed for various reasons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55481397

"Here in the UK, the government ask you to stay in and wear a mask and some scream about their loss of civil rights, dystopian control, oppression, erosion of freedom, conspiracy and even military curfew!

In China, they were locked up like sardines, but accepted their fate, complied and got the job done in a few months. "

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Ha ha and you think those figures are correct

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The China lockdown was more intelligent, though ghastly in many ways. Plus they fiddled their reality.

Some research that's not yet peer reviewed shows their infection and totals, including deaths, were much higher.

They did well to contain the spread though, far better than here.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I've worked and had business dealings in China for many years. The vast majority of people there are respectful and disciplined. They are resourceful, methodic and organised. Polar opposite in relation to the covidiots here that have done nothing but belly ache and whine about their rights and freedom of movement

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"The China lockdown was more intelligent, though ghastly in many ways. Plus they fiddled their reality.

Some research that's not yet peer reviewed shows their infection and totals, including deaths, were much higher.

They did well to contain the spread though, far better than here. "

It was strict, decisive and hard, that’s how they deal with things.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"The China lockdown was more intelligent, though ghastly in many ways. Plus they fiddled their reality.

The study was conducted by the Chinese Centre for Disease Control CDC. It tested for antibodies in Wuhan, nearby and other cities. The prevalence suggests that 4.83% of the city was infected, giving almost half a million infections, about 10 times the previous official count.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

They did well to contain the spread though, far better than here.

The study was conducted by the Chinese Centre for Disease Control CDC. It tested for antibodies in Wuhan, nearby and other cities. The prevalence suggests that 4.83% of the city was infected, giving almost half a million infections, about 10 times the previous official count. "

At the end of May the ONS estimated that 7% of the population had previously been infected based on antibody tests on a random sample of households. 7% is just under 5m.

At that point we'd had about 250,000 cases.

I make that 20x more actual cases than official count of cases.

First rule of China club.

Don't talk about China club.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I was wondering that to, in fact my 15 year old asked how has China managed to get back to almost normal so quickly. What I want to know is why haven't they told the rest of the world their secret!!

Ultra strict enforcement of lock down, quarantine for inbound, test and trace for any cases found. Doors welded closed as an example. No tolerance of any dissent. And of course no free press to stir things up.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's annoyed my daughter!

Ultra strict enforcement of lock down, quarantine for inbound, test and trace for any cases found. Doors welded closed as an example. No tolerance of any dissent. And of course no free press to stir things up. "

Oh and not forgetting a population with stronger community spirit and a culture of doing as you're told.

By *osebud6688Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

Arguably we don’t really know the true situation with China but they took action quickly, testing was widely available and people were told to isolate early on. The west were not as fast to respond and did not take the virus seriously.

South Korea is a good comparison with the UK -population wise - worth a google if you are interested to see how the approaches differed.

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

"I have been looking at worldwide rates and the strangest thing I have noticed is China (where this all started) has around 82,000 cases (to date) and now super low new case rates! Been out of lockdown type restrictions for months and no requirement of a vaccine! How is this even possible???

Ha ha and you think those figures are correct "

Do you think ours are. When this 1st really kicked off, pretty much anyone dying in hospitsl with a cough had c19 put on cert, apart from crash vics, and suspected murder vics

China is set to become the most powerful country within the next 6 to 10 years. We've got used to thinking USA is the most powerful but it's not always been that way.

Wether this was a big dirty conspiracy, an actual deadly virus, poor leadership management, or an advanced new war method, one thing for sure is we will see a huge shift in global economy and power over the next few years.

It will also usher in a full transition of digital life.

Strap in kids... there's a funny and turbulent decade ahead.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

They properly locked down. People obeyed the instructions and didn't have illegal raves and 40 people BBQs.

China also has developed a vaccine and administered it to citizens without fully testing it too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

China have a vaccine (their own) and it's been widely used. They've sold it to many other countries, including much of the Middle East. My students in China (ages 16-20 something) all report having had the vaccine. They also report things are normal eg restaurants, cinemas, sports stuff etc and few people are wearing masks. There's no mandate for masks in public either (so report the students who attended my conversation club on the last Wednesday before their Christmas break).

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

1) Chinese people are socially conditioned to do what they are told and they take it seriously. Anyone who fails to comply finds themselves in a world of discomfort. Virus can only spread if given opportunity to spread

2) Chinese figures, like Russian ones, are a work of fiction.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"China is set to become the most powerful country within the next 6 to 10 years. We've got used to thinking USA is the most powerful but it's not always been that way.

Wether this was a big dirty conspiracy, an actual deadly virus, poor leadership management, or an advanced new war method, one thing for sure is we will see a huge shift in global economy and power over the next few years.

It will also usher in a full transition of digital life.

Strap in kids... there's a funny and turbulent decade ahead."

China will have all the power and we funded them!!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Local villages closed themselves off to outsiders, there were people standing on make shift road blocks stopping anyone from entering. Sometimes with the threat of violence, can't see the people of brighton or anywhere else doing the same.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"1) Chinese people are socially conditioned to do what they are told and they take it seriously. Anyone who fails to comply finds themselves in a world of discomfort. Virus can only spread if given opportunity to spread

2) Chinese figures, like Russian ones, are a work of fiction.

"

And throughout history the Chinese people have had much tragedy and hardship brought upon them (war, political violence , Great Leap Foward etc) the price for which has always been paid at huge sacrifice of human life.

I very much doubt their road thru Covid has been any different, irrespective of propaganda and media.

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 01:07:05]

The 1 major difference was the

Isolation of family members who

May have tested positive & were taken from

there homes & families were fully seperated

So major spreading was minimalised . Add on top

Of that a much harsher miltaristic supply of food

Bought to pick up areas with no outdoor exercise

China has not fully vaccinated people

It is ready to go & it is 79% effective

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/30/asia/china-sinopharm-vaccine-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It involved things like nailing shut the doors of infected people so they couldn't get out, the _most_ severe penalties for quarantine breakers, totally halting movement between cities, and in general having a government that does not mess about asking people nicely to behave themselves.

Do you think ours are. When this 1st really kicked off, pretty much anyone dying in hospitsl with a cough had c19 put on cert, apart from crash vics, and suspected murder vics"

Another conspiracy theorist, on yer bike mate, prefferebly somewhere far off.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"They properly locked down. People obeyed the instructions and didn't have illegal raves and 40 people BBQs.

China also has developed a vaccine and administered it to citizens without fully testing it too. "

They probably don't have a swinging culture or sites like Fab either which is a conduit for people to meet up. One thing I have noticed is people putting 'not meeting' in their status. You'd think this would be a given but seems not. I'm not bashing the site nor the swinging community specifically but I cannot imagine these occurrences in more compliant nations.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"They properly locked down. People obeyed the instructions and didn't have illegal raves and 40 people BBQs.

China also has developed a vaccine and administered it to citizens without fully testing it too.

They probably don't have a swinging culture or sites like Fab either which is a conduit for people to meet up. One thing I have noticed is people putting 'not meeting' in their status. You'd think this would be a given but seems not. I'm not bashing the site nor the swinging community specifically but I cannot imagine these occurrences in more compliant nations. "

Even in black and white, it’s still ignored

"cause it China if you break the rules u don't just get a £100, its a lots worse, Chinese government have rear power and people fear them , over hear we openly laugh and mock the idiots in charge , "

I was just about to say something very similar actually.

Right at the very beginning of this pandemic a lot of virologists were saying That dictatorship's like China and North Korea would handle a pandemic a lot better.

They probably don't have a swinging culture or sites like Fab either which is a conduit for people to meet up. One thing I have noticed is people putting 'not meeting' in their status. You'd think this would be a given but seems not. I'm not bashing the site nor the swinging community specifically but I cannot imagine these occurrences in more compliant nations. "

Of course not because here in the UK if you break the rules You get a fine and a few people tutting at you. In China you and your family could disappear or end up in a "education camp"

By *ound for poundMan  over a year ago

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 04:30:27]

Dundee

The forcibly locked folk in there homes welding doors and windows shut. God forbid there was an emergency like a fire.

Dundee

That and the 21 million mobile phones that dropped off the radar in China during the pandemic peak never to come back online ??

My granddaughters flew back to Hong Kong for Christmas. They had a test before they left. On entry to Hong Kong after filling numerous forms online before they left. Waited in the airport for 13 hours while they were tested yet again and if the test came back negative which it did they were then taken to a hotel at parents expense and they had to stay there for 14 days they came out at midnight on the 14th day and return to their parents home on Hong Kong Island. Had they tested positive they would have been taken to a detention centre and in isolation till they were negative. These girls are 17 and 19 and were happy to do that so they could go home for xmas. Sadly we have not done any of this here hence our figures are high and theirs are not. Lesson for the government

Do you think ours are. When this 1st really kicked off, pretty much anyone dying in hospitsl with a cough had c19 put on cert, apart from crash vics, and suspected murder vics

Another conspiracy theorist, on yer bike mate, prefferebly somewhere far off. "

Very good question one that I have been asking for months now and never covered in the media.

"My granddaughters flew back to Hong Kong for Christmas. They had a test before they left. On entry to Hong Kong after filling numerous forms online before they left. Waited in the airport for 13 hours while they were tested yet again and if the test came back negative which it did they were then taken to a hotel at parents expense and they had to stay there for 14 days they came out at midnight on the 14th day and return to their parents home on Hong Kong Island. Had they tested positive they would have been taken to a detention centre and in isolation till they were negative. These girls are 17 and 19 and were happy to do that so they could go home for xmas. Sadly we have not done any of this here hence our figures are high and theirs are not. Lesson for the government "

Thank god we dont live in China is all I can say.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Chinese people are very compliant to authorities and so used to being tightly controlled and watched , it’s second nature, during the Cold War something like 1 in 10 people were government spies reporting any non compliance of their neighbours and family members to the police

I’m sure that has its advantages in a pandemic

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

Because we aren't in china maybe...

Try reading George Orwell’s. 1984....... dept of truth, Where news reports released after amending figures etc etc .... cameras everywhere etc etc. Then China seems very similar............

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Another conspiracy theorist, on yer bike mate, prefferebly somewhere far off. "

Not a conspiracy theorist at all, its been stated that anyone with 'symptoms' in hospital was being put as covid deaths.. i believe theres a virus that can be deadly but also believe our figures have been fudged. How can we slag one country off with allegations about numbers, and believe our oh so honest politutians are being truthful with us. If thats not steryotyical racism then i dont know what is..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

A friend of mine was teaching in China earlier in the year. She said they had devices fitted to their doors that would send an alarm to the police station if they opened the door outside a designated time.

The chinese simply comply I guess, whilst we rebel against anything that curtails freedom, regardless.

freedom is always worth dying for they say... the difference between China and uk.

d

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

The fact that during Lockdown 1 we had no quarantine for people coming into the country for 14 weeks and it was estimated during that time as many as 20 million people passed in and out of our borders can’t have helped !

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Because (as many have already pointed out) there is a large cultural and social bias to compliance in China....always has been (the term Chinese before Communist spring to mind????).

Given this, is it any wonder that they obeyed and complied with strict and often harsh quarantine measures?

As for the figures given....well, I think they must be taken with a "pinch of salt" as the saying goes....AS SHOULD OUR FIGURES. Indeed, I think most gvmts are massaging the numbers so they dont look like utter and complete wankstorm idiots.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"The fact that during Lockdown 1 we had no quarantine for people coming into the country for 14 weeks and it was estimated during that time as many as 20 million people passed in and out of our borders can’t have helped !"

That was just crackers

People were coming on from Italy etc and not getting checked.

By *izzy69Man  over a year ago

London

The problem is that China and its peolle are SUPER disciplined. They do what they are told.

We however are a self entitled rebellious argumentative lot who fail to comply with even the simplest of requests.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Anyone thinking China are doing anything “Better” than elsewhere probably also thinks they walked into Tibet & were greeted with cake, flowers & Chinese flag waving.

You do know the “Anti Government” journalist who leaked news of the initial outbreak just got four years inside don’t you?

I wouldn’t believe them if they told me they eat rice!!!!!

S

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

It’s not that hard to work out the Chinese listen to the government and do what’s best for China in this country people are just selfish idiots that think they know better when the numbers go up they just blame the government

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Comparing the UK and China is beyond pointless for a multitude of reasons.

"My granddaughters flew back to Hong Kong for Christmas. They had a test before they left. On entry to Hong Kong after filling numerous forms online before they left. Waited in the airport for 13 hours while they were tested yet again and if the test came back negative which it did they were then taken to a hotel at parents expense and they had to stay there for 14 days they came out at midnight on the 14th day and return to their parents home on Hong Kong Island. Had they tested positive they would have been taken to a detention centre and in isolation till they were negative. These girls are 17 and 19 and were happy to do that so they could go home for xmas. Sadly we have not done any of this here hence our figures are high and theirs are not. Lesson for the government

Thank god we dont live in China is all I can say. "

Maybe but at least they are living a normal life and able to go out and socialise. Yes they wear masks and it is mandatory. No exemptions and their death rate is very low. So I think I'd be happy to be there.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

Maybe but at least they are living a normal life and able to go out and socialise. Yes they wear masks and it is mandatory. No exemptions and their REPORTED death rate is very low. So I think I'd be happy to be there."

Fixed it for you, As I said on other virus topics until the whole world uses the same criteria for reporting there is no point comparing between countries.

S

By *angibleMan  over a year ago

Norwich

As well as the above mentioned differences in government China has a bad experience with Sars and so was prepared for a corona virus epidemic in a way that the UK wasn't. Although the UK government had run a flu pandemic scenario in 2016 the advise wasn't followed up on (and isn't entirely relevant to a corona virus) and while it was clear how the Chinese government was responding to their outbreak our government didn't try the same protocols for reasons they haven't explained, although Boris seemed very reluctant to have any kind of lockdown and is often described as a libertarian. I think the assumption was that it wouldn't be that bad and the 'great British public' would rally round like we supposedly did in WWII and that would be enough but who knows other than Boris and Dominic and I'm sure they won't be saying.

» Add a new message to this topic