FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > More people to be vax'd after policy change

More people to be vax'd after policy change

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-second-dose-of-covid-vaccines-to-be-given-later-after-guidelines-change-12175456

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Makes sense, try and get some protection to more of the population quicker.

Their words:-

“A first dose of the jab gives around 70% effectiveness from three weeks after immunisation.

However, he said it was 80% effective when there was a three-month interval between the first and second doses”

So base measures still needed, masks, SD etc to protect yourself and others. You won’t know if it’s been effective in you until you catch the virus, but it’s a step in the right direction.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Isnt this what Tony Blair suggested? And wasnt he ridiculed for it?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Isnt this what Tony Blair suggested? And wasnt he ridiculed for it?"

Blair is "ridiculed" for everything he says by the "Blair is a war criminal" crowd in the media & social media.

Cal

East Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 30/12/20 16:37:15]

East Lancashire

"Isnt this what Tony Blair suggested? And wasnt he ridiculed for it?

Blair is "ridiculed" for everything he says by the "Blair is a war criminal" crowd in the media & social media.

Cal"

Yeah, but he was specifically ridiculed for this.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Still waiting for old people to be sorted... simply not enough staff to do it... massive fucking problem no matter how you spin it !

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

He was yes..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The reason for this as the Oxford vaccine does not need a second dose for three months maybe not possible with the phyzer one

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Anyone who dies after receiving one jab will blamed on the government's decision to delay the second jab. The lives that are saved by this policy won't be so obvious.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I'm.just hoping this magical vaccine actually works seeing as how Boris and the scientists have now put all eggs into one basket.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Still waiting for old people to be sorted... simply not enough staff to do it... massive fucking problem no matter how you spin it ! "

There's a recruitment process for 30,000 volunteers ongoing, but the HR processes seem to have been suspended over Christmas. I'm waiting for my application to progress...

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

According to the briefing they said,though they have high expectations of the vaccine protecting those who have it but as yet they cannot guarantee regarding those who have the vaccine still passing it on to others through transmission. We, were told we still have to be vv careful.masks, washing and, distancing will be here for some time yet

North West

"I'm.just hoping this magical vaccine actually works seeing as how Boris and the scientists have now put all eggs into one basket."

What are your alternative ideas, then?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Still waiting for old people to be sorted... simply not enough staff to do it... massive fucking problem no matter how you spin it !

There's a recruitment process for 30,000 volunteers ongoing, but the HR processes seem to have been suspended over Christmas. I'm waiting for my application to progress..."

just seen the problems with the recruitment. A lot of people are getting refused because, they aren't qualified enough. Some have, been told they have to sit 12 online exams first.. I've just seen 2 ex NHS workers had been refused being a vaccinator because they weren't qualified enough. One of them having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years,. this is going to be the next huge hurdle to overcome. More beaurocracy and red tape

North West

"Still waiting for old people to be sorted... simply not enough staff to do it... massive fucking problem no matter how you spin it !

There's a recruitment process for 30,000 volunteers ongoing, but the HR processes seem to have been suspended over Christmas. I'm waiting for my application to progress...just seen the problems with the recruitment. A lot of people are getting refused because, they aren't qualified enough. Some have, been told they have to sit 12 online exams first.. I've just seen 2 ex NHS workers had been refused being a vaccinator because they weren't qualified enough. One of them having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years,. this is going to be the next huge hurdle to overcome. More beaurocracy and red tape"

My application got held up because the system couldn't comprehend the idea of a wheelchair user. The clinical advisor has approved me but now the HR people need to unblock my application. I spoke to them on Christmas Eve but it'll be January now...

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

There's a recruitment process for 30,000 volunteers ongoing, but the HR processes seem to have been suspended over Christmas. I'm waiting for my application to progress...just seen the problems with the recruitment. A lot of people are getting refused because, they aren't qualified enough. Some have, been told they have to sit 12 online exams first.. I've just seen 2 ex NHS workers had been refused being a vaccinator because they weren't qualified enough. One of them having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years,. this is going to be the next huge hurdle to overcome. More beaurocracy and red tape

My application got held up because the system couldn't comprehend the idea of a wheelchair user. The clinical advisor has approved me but now the HR people need to unblock my application. I spoke to them on Christmas Eve but it'll be January now..."

Similar for me.. I've had my interview and as ex nursing sister I'm more than capable of jabbing people ....but they need to do various paperwork , risk assessments etc. A quick refresher and I'm happy to start asap.. it is great they have of people going through the recruitment process, but why didnt they start recruiting in advance ?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I'm.just hoping this magical vaccine actually works seeing as how Boris and the scientists have now put all eggs into one basket.

What are your alternative ideas, then?"

Intelligent and thought out control measures/restrictions instead of ham fisted, knee jerk panic reactions.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There's a recruitment process for 30,000 volunteers ongoing, but the HR processes seem to have been suspended over Christmas. I'm waiting for my application to progress...just seen the problems with the recruitment. A lot of people are getting refused because, they aren't qualified enough. Some have, been told they have to sit 12 online exams first.. I've just seen 2 ex NHS workers had been refused being a vaccinator because they weren't qualified enough. One of them having worked in the NHS for nearly 40 years,. this is going to be the next huge hurdle to overcome. More beaurocracy and red tape

My application got held up because the system couldn't comprehend the idea of a wheelchair user. The clinical advisor has approved me but now the HR people need to unblock my application. I spoke to them on Christmas Eve but it'll be January now...

Similar for me.. I've had my interview and as ex nursing sister I'm more than capable of jabbing people ....but they need to do various paperwork , risk assessments etc. A quick refresher and I'm happy to start asap.. it is great they have of people going through the recruitment process, but why didnt they start recruiting in advance ? "

Possibly because they didn't know when they would be starting?

» Add a new message to this topic