FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Where will your kids be tonight

Where will your kids be tonight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok quite a few on here maybe won't have kids of this age,but feel free to comment.

Last night I had to go to a parade of shops on a estate and to be honest there must have been 30 kids aged between 11 to 15 in a gang around the takeaways.

Now I know parents will be at their wits end by now....but is this right just turning a blind eye to this?

This was just one parade of shops on a estate...I have little doubt this will be replicated around the country.

Your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Mine will be in after we have been for a walk together.. she is 14 x

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Mine will be seeing to their own children and taking their dogs out

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How you going to convince an 11 year old that it's fine to sit in a class room with your freinds but you can't possibly see them at the weekend because corona only comes out in the evening or weekend.

Mine are 15 13 and 10 and will be at home with me. They only leave the house to go to their Dads or to go to my parents when I go to work, and for the occasional walk together

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"How you going to convince an 11 year old that it's fine to sit in a class room with your freinds but you can't possibly see them at the weekend because corona only comes out in the evening or weekend. "

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does"

"How you going to convince an 11 year old that it's fine to sit in a class room with your freinds but you can't possibly see them at the weekend because corona only comes out in the evening or weekend.

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does""

the goverment has made the decisions and as a rule I agree with them but to an 11 to 15 year old they are going to take some convincing

Manchester (she/her)

"How you going to convince an 11 year old that it's fine to sit in a class room with your freinds but you can't possibly see them at the weekend because corona only comes out in the evening or weekend.

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does" the goverment has made the decisions and as a rule I agree with them but to an 11 to 15 year old they are going to take some convincing "

We make it a lesson in looking at multiple sources, critical thinking, and civic engagement. I would have been receptive to that.

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does" the goverment has made the decisions and as a rule I agree with them but to an 11 to 15 year old they are going to take some convincing

We make it a lesson in looking at multiple sources, critical thinking, and civic engagement. I would have been receptive to that."

I wouldn't I would have been far more interested in seeing my freinds.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

When I was in the car with my daughter yesterday (she's 15) she spotted 3 or 4 groups of similar age children. She tutted, rolled up her eyes and said 'they should know they shouldn't be doing that'. She's just like me with the eye roll

All 3 of mine will be in and probably in bed by 10!

Well ours are 4 and 6 so will be tucked up in bed haha!

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Mine is 13.

Fully accepts the situation and causes no fuss.

Out for exercise with me and home again.

At 13 though he's beginning to show signs of NOT wanting to leave the house now.... Rather worrying.

Manchester (she/her)

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does" the goverment has made the decisions and as a rule I agree with them but to an 11 to 15 year old they are going to take some convincing

We make it a lesson in looking at multiple sources, critical thinking, and civic engagement. I would have been receptive to that. I wouldn't I would have been far more interested in seeing my freinds. "

At which point, mum and dad are still the boss of you, tough fucking shit.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

At home as normal, he hasn’t seen his mates since first week of December.

Even before this he was out after school for 30 minutes, home for tea and that was it

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Ok quite a few on here maybe won't have kids of this age,but feel free to comment.

Last night I had to go to a parade of shops on a estate and to be honest there must have been 30 kids aged between 11 to 15 in a gang around the takeaways.

Now I know parents will be at their wits end by now....but is this right just turning a blind eye to this?

This was just one parade of shops on a estate...I have little doubt this will be replicated around the country.

Your thoughts?"

My thoughts are.... Why the xxx schools are shut when the kids are hanging around together anyway outside of school. If the kids are staying together and out of others way... Its not great but equally its not the worst thing. I think we need to look at what adults are getting up to first.

On a mooch

"Mine is 13.

Fully accepts the situation and causes no fuss.

Out for exercise with me and home again.

At 13 though he's beginning to show signs of NOT wanting to leave the house now.... Rather worrying. "

Same here. I think the leaving the house is more bored of the same 2sq mile walk route we have, rather than anything else.

Tin town

"Ok quite a few on here maybe won't have kids of this age,but feel free to comment.

Your thoughts?"

Mines been in for best part of 3 months... Not set foot outside... Lost contact with his mates and seeing the sparkle in his eye replaced by misery and confusion is very hard to watch.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"How you going to convince an 11 year old that it's fine to sit in a class room with your freinds but you can't possibly see them at the weekend because corona only comes out in the evening or weekend. "

The rules are perhaps somewhat contradictory of common sense but we are mandated to follow them, as well as are the people who are in our care.

Congregations in a supervised arena differ to those without such provision.

As carers it is important to instil the priority rule being that nobody should be engaging outside of what is permitted by the rules, for exercise, education, work, bubbles, parenting/family life and indoors at home etc. People can try to use their mind's efforts to pick holes or conflicts within the rules but that effort should be used to evaluate all of the things to be done differently, to ensure compliance and to break opportunities for the virus to be passed during social/physical contact, leading to losses of lives, along the chain.

Manchester (she/her)

The rules are perhaps somewhat contradictory of common sense but we are mandated to follow them, as well as are the people who are in our care.

As carers it is important to instil the priority rule being that nobody should be engaging outside of what is permitted by the rules, for exercise, education, work, bubbles, parenting/family life and indoors at home etc. People can try to use their mind's efforts to pick holes or conflicts within the rules but that effort should be used to evaluate all of the things to be done differently, to ensure compliance and to break opportunities for the virus to be passed during social/physical contact, leading to losses of lives, along the chain. "

Yes. We explain, we reason. If reasoning fails, we enforce.

By *iss InnocenceWoman  over a year ago

Coventry/Bristol

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 13:12:40]

Tin town

As carers it is important to instil the priority rule being that nobody should be engaging outside of what is permitted by the rules, for exercise, education, work, bubbles, parenting/family life and indoors at home etc. People can try to use their mind's efforts to pick holes or conflicts within the rules but that effort should be used to evaluate all of the things to be done differently, to ensure compliance and to break opportunities for the virus to be passed during social/physical contact, leading to losses of lives, along the chain. "

If I've understood that... Its basically we all need to follow the rules... And that's true... But not the point I'm making which is... Mines following the rules and with one exception to my knowledge always has. What I'm saying is it is harming him now. In many ways. He worries about breaking a rule inadvertently and having people bully him and cast aspersions about him, he worries about making sure he's not spreading it, and his spirit has been broken. He's a good lad who's done as he was told. And it's hard to watch.he was told to study hard for his exams, apply for unis, and now exams have been cancelled and they have not told anyone who how or when they will be graded but make sure you've applied for unis,.. Its hard for them and they need support rather than being picked out. I'm sure he's not the only one.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Mine are young adults but they are responsible young adults work and home that’s it.I get annoyed when I hear parents say they can’t keep there teenagers in the house your house your rules surely..

Manchester (she/her)

As carers it is important to instil the priority rule being that nobody should be engaging outside of what is permitted by the rules, for exercise, education, work, bubbles, parenting/family life and indoors at home etc. People can try to use their mind's efforts to pick holes or conflicts within the rules but that effort should be used to evaluate all of the things to be done differently, to ensure compliance and to break opportunities for the virus to be passed during social/physical contact, leading to losses of lives, along the chain.

If I've understood that... Its basically we all need to follow the rules... And that's true... But not the point I'm making which is... Mines following the rules and with one exception to my knowledge always has. What I'm saying is it is harming him now. In many ways. He worries about breaking a rule inadvertently and having people bully him and cast aspersions about him, he worries about making sure he's not spreading it, and his spirit has been broken. He's a good lad who's done as he was told. And it's hard to watch.he was told to study hard for his exams, apply for unis, and now exams have been cancelled and they have not told anyone who how or when they will be graded but make sure you've applied for unis,.. Its hard for them and they need support rather than being picked out. I'm sure he's not the only one. "

I feel for him and others doing the right thing. I really do.

Coventry/Bristol

Mine 15 year old will be in his room and has been in there since Oct ‘19

He rarely goes outside these days

"Mine 15 year old will be in his room and has been in there since Oct ‘19

"

sounds healthy

By *wesomepearWoman  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

My children are nearly 16, 13 and 10 and even before a pandemic I wouldn’t be letting them hang around outside shops!!

I also can’t understand parents who’s say they can’t keep their kids in.... why not? I’m happy to listen to an explanation but as someone above said my house my rules!! My kids don’t even ask they know what’s going on and why were staying home.

Coventry/Bristol

sounds healthy"

Not healthy at all in my eyes

But not a lot I can do about it

Flintshire

Flintshire

"

Bloody hell get him out!!!

sounds healthy

Not healthy at all in my eyes

But not a lot I can do about it "

Is he ok in general?

My daughter is 18 and she’ll be at home.

She hardly leaves the house at the moment and if she does it’s usually just to go to the shop and back.

One of my friends step dad died last week from covid so she’s well aware of how bad it can be so is sensible thankfully.

They are 11, you tell them how it is.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

However that's not what people are saying.. And I think you know that anyway!

Only certain kids allowed in school and under strict social distancing rules

Your argument therfore has no logic and what you said is untrue

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

We make it a lesson in looking at multiple sources, critical thinking, and civic engagement. I would have been receptive to that. I wouldn't I would have been far more interested in seeing my freinds.

At which point, mum and dad are still the boss of you, tough fucking shit."

AHH parenting. All too rare these days.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Mine is 33 and he will be at home with his wife

Lol

Manchester (she/her)

However that's not what people are saying.. And I think you know that anyway!

Only certain kids allowed in school and under strict social distancing rules

Your argument therfore has no logic and what you said is untrue "

And when schools reopen you explain that the government is being inconsistent and we try our best anyway with the power that we have to make a difference.

If they won't listen, you discipline them.

stafford

Your thoughts?"

Mine are pretty simple.. Curfew! We need one now..lots of places in Europe already have one

Especially as evenings will soon be getting lighter.. That way you won't have kids or adults loitering about when they should be at home.. With any luck it will put the lid on dealers selling drugs to kids in those very same places too

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

sounds healthy"

Just what I was going to say without the sarcasm.

It is NOT healthy.

My 16-year-old was sliding into a deep depression and so was I.

Everyone needs social contact, and so do teenagers. Just saying “tough shit” isn’t good parenting at all.

I just hope that this is over soon before more damage is being done. In my eyes more damage than benefits from this so called lockdown.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I feel for our youth I really do! I'm lucky to b old in all this! Mine are all grown now even my grandchildren are all adults! Must b hard work for the mums with young children and teenagers! X

On a mooch

It’s simple you explain it to them. Even when schools were open and under tier restrictions, they knew the rules. Go to school, keep your distance, wear your mask and the same applied travelling home straight after school.

Their interaction is at school just learning with their friends, having lunch together, talking, that simple interaction was a huge boost and enough after not seeing each other for 6 months. They’ve done it once, adapted easier (this household) than last time and are aware not likely to see each other again until spring, so if it comes earlier, great.

A generation that is grateful for technology and can stay in touch other ways

By *S2505Couple  over a year ago

lon

sounds healthy"

Hope he has a toilet in there?

Tin town

There's about 8m kids between 10 and 19 in the UK. Just over 10 %.

I don't have the figures to hand but in terms of covid infection that demographic is a small percentage of infections, hospitalisations. Maybe focus a bit more on the ones that are spreading it.

FYI this off the ons website...

"COVID-19 cases among secondary school children fell sharply in the week ending 23 January

29 January 2021

The percentage of people testing positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) fell in all age groups apart from children aged 2 years to school year 6 in the week to 23 January 2021.

The positivity rate in secondary school children decreased over this period, to 1.60% compared with 2.08% the week before. Young adults from school year 12 to age 24 years remained the age group with the highest proportion of positive cases, at 2.01%.

Even though more young people have been infected, hospital admissions and deaths involving COVID-19 are highest among those aged 65 years and over.

Hospital admissions decreased in most age groups in the week ending 24 January 2021, with the highest rates seen in those aged 85 years and over (281.1 admissions per 100,000 people). This age group has seen the highest hospitalisation rates throughout the pandemic. The lowest hospital admission rates were among those aged 5 to 14 years, at 1.1 per 100,000."

Now given that schools are being denied to a most of them... Am I the only one who is rather surprised that there are indeed any infections in those school age kids?

Manchester (she/her)

sounds healthy

It is NOT healthy.

Everyone needs social contact, and so do teenagers. Just saying “tough shit” isn’t good parenting at all.

I just hope that this is over soon before more damage is being done. In my eyes more damage than benefits from this so called lockdown. "

One, explain, two reason with them. If that fails, tough shit.

My hypothetical kid could have fifteen minute calls with a friend a day. On speakerphone, with me holding the phone.

They can work with books like us dinosaurs did. I would be delighted to facilitate this.

They could earn back privileges when they could learn to act like a member of society, and not before.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

sounds healthy

It is NOT healthy.

I just hope that this is over soon before more damage is being done. In my eyes more damage than benefits from this so called lockdown. "

There's a difference between letting your kids go for their exercise with a mate, having a chat socially distanced, than letting them go stand around a takeaway. Tough shit doesn't have to mean locked in their bedroom.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Exactly this

My teenage kids have found this lockdown more difficult than the first. But that said they have not challenged the not going out rule my ex wife and I set.

Manchester (she/her)

sounds healthy

It is NOT healthy.

I just hope that this is over soon before more damage is being done. In my eyes more damage than benefits from this so called lockdown.

There's a difference between letting your kids go for their exercise with a mate, having a chat socially distanced, than letting them go stand around a takeaway. Tough shit doesn't have to mean locked in their bedroom. "

There's also a difference between the real psychological effects of lockdown - not denying it - and the also real psychological effects of friends and family dying a hideous and likely preventable death.

Some fucking perspective.

I would be so ashamed of my children if they prioritised social time over this catastrophe. Unspeakably ashamed. I would consider it a grave failing as a mother.

"My children are nearly 16, 13 and 10 and even before a pandemic I wouldn’t be letting them hang around outside shops!!

I also can’t understand parents who’s say they can’t keep their kids in.... why not? I’m happy to listen to an explanation but as someone above said my house my rules!! My kids don’t even ask they know what’s going on and why were staying home. "

as someone who grew up in one of those households where there was no reasoning with my parents they will one day get their freedom and quite probably go too far too fast which is also dangerous ... ruling with an iron fist doesn’t help teenagers start to make their own risk assessments and decisions while they still have the safety of parents at home to fall back on ... i still struggle to make even simple decisions now as an adult

i understand covid is a different scenario but outwith a pandemic its not healthy to over protect your kids

Manchester (she/her)

"My children are nearly 16, 13 and 10 and even before a pandemic I wouldn’t be letting them hang around outside shops!!

I also can’t understand parents who’s say they can’t keep their kids in.... why not? I’m happy to listen to an explanation but as someone above said my house my rules!! My kids don’t even ask they know what’s going on and why were staying home.

as someone who grew up in one of those households where there was no reasoning with my parents they will one day get their freedom and quite probably go too far too fast which is also dangerous ... ruling with an iron fist doesn’t help teenagers start to make their own risk assessments and decisions while they still have the safety of parents at home to fall back on ... i still struggle to make even simple decisions now as an adult

i understand covid is a different scenario but outwith a pandemic its not healthy to over protect your kids "

My iron fist would be a last resort - as someone who also discovered after a harsh upbringing how sweet freedom could be.

On a mooch

"There's about 8m kids between 10 and 19 in the UK. Just over 10 %.

I don't have the figures to hand but in terms of covid infection that demographic is a small percentage of infections, hospitalisations. Maybe focus a bit more on the ones that are spreading it.

"COVID-19 cases among secondary school children fell sharply in the week ending 23 January

29 January 2021

The percentage of people testing positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) fell in all age groups apart from children aged 2 years to school year 6 in the week to 23 January 2021.

The positivity rate in secondary school children decreased over this period, to 1.60% compared with 2.08% the week before. Young adults from school year 12 to age 24 years remained the age group with the highest proportion of positive cases, at 2.01%.

Even though more young people have been infected, hospital admissions and deaths involving COVID-19 are highest among those aged 65 years and over.

Hospital admissions decreased in most age groups in the week ending 24 January 2021, with the highest rates seen in those aged 85 years and over (281.1 admissions per 100,000 people). This age group has seen the highest hospitalisation rates throughout the pandemic. The lowest hospital admission rates were among those aged 5 to 14 years, at 1.1 per 100,000."

Now given that schools are being denied to a most of them... Am I the only one who is rather surprised that there are indeed any infections in those school age kids? "

No because they have parents who are likely going to work or the supermarket, as one example.

stafford

29 January 2021

Now given that schools are being denied to a most of them... Am I the only one who is rather surprised that there are indeed any infections in those school age kids? "

I don't think that's a correct deduction ? The ons says the infection rate continues to increase in the UK..

So people at home who stay at home are generally safe.. Send kids back to school and you then start reinfecting everyone again

So your ideas I think are a wrong

Only when we have evidence the infection rate is falling everywhere should we consider reintegration into society

As we have already seen it can work.. New Zealand Australia now have only the occasional outbreak which they deal with fast.

That's because they shut everything and didn't mess about trying new ideas out

The UK should remain in lockdown until the pandemic is seen to be visibly decreasing

Till then.. Stay home and sic

k it up.. Its been done before..Home educators might want to tell their kids about Anne Frank.. They might feel lucky then to be able to use a PlayStation!

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

Our kids are almost 18 and 16.

To be honest we're really proud of the way they have coped this last year.

Our eldest has friends who ask him to go out and he tells them he has other people to consider (his grandma is in our bubble) and he wouldn't want to put anyone at risk.

Yes they miss social interaction but they both communicate with their friends online. We often hear them belly laughing which is so good to hear.

It's a difficult situation for everyone and we all cope in different ways x

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 14:13:28]

Your thoughts?"

Ours will be in Melbourne

London

Orleans

Chichester

And the youngest will be in his bedroom and all of them will be following the rules of the land they live in.

I get the gist of your post and feel that some people are just not taking shit seriously enough!!

Stay frosty.

T

Mine is 9 and will be in bed at 8pm

i understand covid is a different scenario but outwith a pandemic its not healthy to over protect your kids

My iron fist would be a last resort - as someone who also discovered after a harsh upbringing how sweet freedom could be."

yes i think your approach of teaching, discussion etc and then if they don’t get it enforcement is reasonable

in my house there was no discussion, no progressive earning of trust and privileges... there was just an assumption the worst case scenario would happen and just the word no

Manchester (she/her)

"

yes i think your approach of teaching, discussion etc and then if they don’t get it enforcement is reasonable

in my house there was no discussion, no progressive earning of trust and privileges... there was just an assumption the worst case scenario would happen and just the word no "

I had teaching when I was good and 0-100 punishment when I was bad.

I'm heavily adapting my own childhood

Coventry/Bristol

Bloody hell get him out!!!"

I do try he’s been out 3 times since Xmas day

"The government have made certain decisions we need to comply with, even if we don't agree. We can still can take responsibility where we have more individual choice. This is why political engagement is important. I'm going to write to our MP, and this is what that does" the goverment has made the decisions and as a rule I agree with them but to an 11 to 15 year old they are going to take some convincing "

I am fortunate mine have understood and accepted the Welsh Governments decisions and rules from the start. I work in a high risk job and they have fully understood the whole situation from the off and the need for the restrictions. Fortunately they have each other for company so are not completely isolated from the company of other kids, which must be tough for "only children"

Tin town

29 January 2021

Now given that schools are being denied to a most of them... Am I the only one who is rather surprised that there are indeed any infections in those school age kids?

I don't think that's a correct deduction ? The ons says the infection rate continues to increase in the UK..

So people at home who stay at home are generally safe.. Send kids back to school and you then start reinfecting everyone again

Only when we have evidence the infection rate is falling everywhere should we consider reintegration into society

As we have already seen it can work.. New Zealand Australia now have only the occasional outbreak which they deal with fast.

The UK should remain in lockdown until the pandemic is seen to be visibly decreasing

k it up.. Its been done before..Home educators might want to tell their kids about Anne Frank.. They might feel lucky then to be able to use a PlayStation! "

That precis is cut and paste directly from the ons website.

"Our kids are almost 18 and 16.

To be honest we're really proud of the way they have coped this last year.

Our eldest has friends who ask him to go out and he tells them he has other people to consider (his grandma is in our bubble) and he wouldn't want to put anyone at risk.

Yes they miss social interaction but they both communicate with their friends online. We often hear them belly laughing which is so good to hear.

It's a difficult situation for everyone and we all cope in different ways x"

My boys are 15 and 17 they will be at home where they have always been during the pandemic except when the youngest is at school xx

They are 11...they tell them and enforce it!! Our oldest is 12 and fully understands why she can’t go out and even if she wasn’t she would not be going out anyway!!!

Parents need to take responsibility for their children’s actions.

Tin town

So it would seem that all on this thread know where their kids are... Pat on the back.

Now who shall we have a go about?

stafford

29 January 2021

k it up.. Its been done before..Home educators might want to tell their kids about Anne Frank.. They might feel lucky then to be able to use a PlayStation!

That precis is cut and paste directly from the ons website. "

Yes but what you deduce from it I think is incorrect..

There are going to be some seriously fucked up kids after all this. Even a good portion of the kids who are coping ok with it now as well.

Manchester (she/her)

"There are going to be some seriously fucked up kids after all this. Even a good portion of the kids who are coping ok with it now as well."

Yes, this is a global trauma

Tin town

29 January 2021

That precis is cut and paste directly from the ons website.

Yes but what you deduce from it I think is incorrect.. "

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. We are allowed to agree to differ.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

At home where theyve been since march....tbf, they didn't go out much before as their friends aren't local.

Mine are at home with their own children.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

We make it a lesson in looking at multiple sources, critical thinking, and civic engagement. I would have been receptive to that. I wouldn't I would have been far more interested in seeing my freinds.

I think a lot of problems are patents wanting to be friends with their children, not parents.

Not all patents obviously but it's easy to see on any Saturday in town. Before Covid of course.

My children were very much loved, they knew who was boss and where the lines were drawn though.

E

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

They are 11...they tell them and enforce it!! Our oldest is 12 and fully understands why she can’t go out and even if she wasn’t she would not be going out anyway!!!

Parents need to take responsibility for their children’s actions. "

Fully agree with this.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

It’s a real problem, this.

Manchester (she/her)

I think a lot of problems are patents wanting to be friends with their children, not parents.

Not all patents obviously but it's easy to see on any Saturday in town. Before Covid of course.

My children were very much loved, they knew who was boss and where the lines were drawn though.

E"

I would want to empower my hypothetical child to make their own decisions and develop gradual independence. I would want to be safe for them to turn to in time of need.

But ultimately the buck stops with me when they're underage.

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

Fully agree with this. "

Exactly.

Our 15 year old will be at home where she should be. She video calls her friends but hasn't physically seen them since school closed before Christmas.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If I've understood that... Its basically we all need to follow the rules... And that's true... But not the point I'm making which is... Mines following the rules and with one exception to my knowledge always has. What I'm saying is it is harming him now. In many ways. He worries about breaking a rule inadvertently and having people bully him and cast aspersions about him, he worries about making sure he's not spreading it, and his spirit has been broken. He's a good lad who's done as he was told. And it's hard to watch.he was told to study hard for his exams, apply for unis, and now exams have been cancelled and they have not told anyone who how or when they will be graded but make sure you've applied for unis,.. Its hard for them and they need support rather than being picked out. I'm sure he's not the only one. "

Your son sounds like the child that everyone would be very proud of, though concerned for his immediate welfare and future prospects.

You can only support him as well as possible, the rest is in the hands of the government to implement improvements to education this term. Otherwise, everyone young and older needs to respect the need for distancing and rule adherence

Tin town

Fully agree with this. "

Theres a fair few assumotions being made here. This thread was started with an observation of a group of kids who nobody knows anything about, outside a parade of shops in one location and an assumption that it's happening everywhere. My local parade of shops... Never seen it. What I have seen is a bunch of adults stood outside the essential coffee shop not distancing and not masked up...every day.

There also seems to be an assumption that all kids have responsible and caring parents.

Not all kids have the benefit of a well funded nuclear family who are located in nice communities. Many kids have dreadful parents, or in some cases only one parent, who might be out all hours trying to keep the kid in clothes and food, or in some cases Foster parents, or adopted parents, in some cases guardians and in some cases none. And guess what, not all of those are great, Some have severe behavioural difficulties,some have drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers in their lives. All kids are not blessed. They are kids.

We have no idea what other kids and family's and "parents or guardians" are going through. We have all contributed to the society we find ourselves in for good or for bad. What's that saying...? "it takes a village to raise a child"

Fully agree with this.

Theres a fair few assumotions being made here. This thread was started with an observation of a group of kids who nobody knows anything about, outside a parade of shops in one location and an assumption that it's happening everywhere. My local parade of shops... Never seen it. What I have seen is a bunch of adults stood outside the essential coffee shop not distancing and not masked up...every day.

There also seems to be an assumption that all kids have responsible and caring parents.

Not all kids have the benefit of a well funded nuclear family who are located in nice communities. Many kids have dreadful parents, or in some cases only one parent, who might be out all hours trying to keep the kid in clothes and food, or in some cases Foster parents, or adopted parents, in some cases guardians and in some cases none. And guess what, not all of those are great, Some have severe behavioural difficulties,some have drug addicts, alcoholics, abusers in their lives. All kids are not blessed. They are kids.

We have no idea what other kids and family's and "parents or guardians" are going through. We have all contributed to the society we find ourselves in for good or for bad. What's that saying...? "it takes a village to raise a child" "

Manchester (she/her)

Fully agree with this.

We have no idea what other kids and family's and "parents or guardians" are going through. We have all contributed to the society we find ourselves in for good or for bad. What's that saying...? "it takes a village to raise a child" "

Definitely true. All I can say is what I would do with my hypothetical children.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I can't conceive where my kids would be tonight, because I had a vasectomy to make sure I wouldn't have any!

Fully agree with this.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My 3yo is currently eating (still) and my 18yo has told me he's cooking up a feast in the flat he shares with his girlfriend and friend. He might go for a walk in the park over the road before bed. I'm happy my kids are okay and out of mischief.

Mine are 30, 24 and 21 they will be home tonight, fetching me their washing x

My son will be indoors, to be fair he doesn’t have any shops to hang out at only fields with sheep in lol

However until he is 18 and lives under my roof he does as he is told....simples!

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

My 15 year old son goes for a run at night.. He maybe sees one mate. He is gone for an hour or so. I have to trust him and I do.

Whatever the era, whatever the whatever the risk, whatever the weather and especially when there are rules Teens will be there to break them. Some will follow suit and some won't.

I cant blame them to be honest... There are plenty adults bending the rules.

I'm not condoning it but if my teens are anything to go by.. What I got up to was nothing to do with my parents.

By *tudiousPipWoman  over a year ago

W Yorks

" started with an observation of a group of kids who nobody knows anything about, outside a parade of shops in one location and an assumption that it's happening everywhere. My local parade of shops... Never seen it.

Not all kids have the benefit of a well funded nuclear family who are located in nice communities.

Totally agree. I doubt that many of the kids hanging around takeaways at night have taken it up since lockdown. They'll be the kids who've always done it cos they can't stay at home. There's myriad reasons why - not always linked to a bad home life or uncaring parents.

No, it's not safe behaviour in a pandemic. But what we need is for the majority of us to follow the rules. And I'm more inclined to forgive a 14 year old breaking lockdown to avoid getting seven bells kicked out of them than I am to forgive Johnson's jaunt to Scotland.

A little less judging and a little more compassion would be nice.

Live rural..

So no problem here..shes 15.

Always home or I drive her to friends (pre c19 days)

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

My childern are with their mother.

I have not seen them since before Christmas even though they live less than 15mins.

Lockdown. Your still working. Not getting kids. Excuses!!

Missing them like crazy. Trying to not let it get me down.

So keeping myself busy.

Tin town

"My childern are with their mother.

I have not seen them since before Christmas even though they live less than 15mins.

So keeping myself busy.

"

I feel your pain. I'm sorry you've got to endure that. Hopefully you're able to call them sometimes.

By *wesomepearWoman  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

i understand covid is a different scenario but outwith a pandemic its not healthy to over protect your kids "

I think you misunderstood me, I do not rule with an iron fist at all, I have conversations and discussions with my kids. They have freedom and can make their own choices..... they just usually make sensible ones!! Like not hanging round outside shops in the cold and the dark

But at the same time they respect me and understand that I am the adult therefore I make the final decisions.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Drove past a local woods car park today and it was full (50+) cars.

Loads of teenagers around, one group of 20+ and not an older adult with them.

Who would have thought you would see teenagers in this day and age in the countryside?

Tin town

" started with an observation of a group of kids who nobody knows anything about, outside a parade of shops in one location and an assumption that it's happening everywhere. My local parade of shops... Never seen it.

Not all kids have the benefit of a well funded nuclear family who are located in nice communities.

We have no idea what other kids and family's and "parents or guardians" are going through. We have all contributed to the society we find ourselves in for good or for bad. What's that saying...? "it takes a village to raise a child"

Totally agree. I doubt that many of the kids hanging around takeaways at night have taken it up since lockdown. They'll be the kids who've always done it cos they can't stay at home. There's myriad reasons why - not always linked to a bad home life or uncaring parents.

No, it's not safe behaviour in a pandemic. But what we need is for the majority of us to follow the rules. And I'm more inclined to forgive a 14 year old breaking lockdown to avoid getting seven bells kicked out of them than I am to forgive Johnson's jaunt to Scotland.

A little less judging and a little more compassion would be nice. "

There's a great team sport coaching concept... When people talk and say... "you need to this... We need to do that..." you coach them to stop thinking of others failings and get them to think... "I need to do this... I'm going to do that... This is what I am going to do about it"...

The point I'm trying to make is... Rather than pointing figures at where others are failing at parenting... What are you going to do about it.? And if the answer is nothing... Then just don't say anything.

My children have got it good at home, they are happy in their environment. Some kids aren't so lucky.

Keep yourself safe and try not to judge others too harshly. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

I couldn't pay my boy to go out with his mates when he can connect with them all on the Xbox from the comfort of his room.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My 16 year old son went out for a bike ride earlier, we thought he was going to be on his own. He came home about an hour ago, turns out he bumped into 2 friends so they went for a bike ride altogether. It's against the current rules I know and so does he. Im not going to tell him off it was exercise, they were outside, he needed to see them for his own sanity. I really worry about my children's mental health.

He'll still be in bed by 10 though.

sounds healthy

It is NOT healthy.

I totally agree with this. I’m lucky, my two have coped really well with it all, but all three of us are finding this lockdown so hard, and are struggling.

The mental health issues of this will be far reaching I think.

Tin town

"My 16 year old son went out for a bike ride earlier, we thought he was going to be on his own. He came home about an hour ago, turns out he bumped into 2 friends so they went for a bike ride altogether. It's against the current rules I know and so does he. Im not going to tell him off it was exercise, they were outside, he needed to see them for his own sanity. I really worry about my children's mental health.

He'll still be in bed by 10 though."

Good for him. I wish I could get mine out to do some exercise, fresh air, contact a mate. Its a balancing act for some and along with the uni students... Being continually criticised in general terms has an effect on them. I mean imagine for a moment that because of the house parties the headline were... I saw a group of 20 somethings all in a house together... Where are there parents, why are they so stupid and useless and killing their grandparents.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Are they though, it is not just animals that are Feral, Kids can be and in a lot of cases are.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I'm reminded of Vulgaria, the fictitious country in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, where all the children have to be kept hidden away from the child catcher.

Manchester (she/her)

Are they though, it is not just animals that are Feral, Kids can be and in a lot of cases are. "

Ultimately it would be my responsibility to keep them safe and law abiding.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My son should be at University but is home with me. He hasn't left the house once since before Christmas. It is not good for his health to never go outside or see a friend.

North West

"My son should be at University but is home with me. He hasn't left the house once since before Christmas. It is not good for his health to never go outside or see a friend. "

But he can go outside. He can exercise and in fact exercise outdoors with a friend from another household. Would he not like to walk (or whatever he is able to do) with a friend, socially distanced? That's what my son does with his friend at uni, they walk around the park or skateboard.

Leeds

My son is autistic and doesn't have any friends. I am really worried for him.

Im 35 and due to covid I lost my job, moved home and am now contracting.

My mum knows exactly where I am!

North West

"My son is autistic and doesn't have any friends. I am really worried for him. "

Ah. Would he go for a walk with you or someone else in your house?

Leeds

He has been so bombarded with bad news he thinks if he goes outside our house he will catch the virus and die

North West

"He has been so bombarded with bad news he thinks if he goes outside our house he will catch the virus and die"

I'm sure you've shown him the data about his age group etc from the ONS that would demonstrate that's not the case, why we're okay to go outside with the 2m distance etc? It's hard definitely. By the way, face to face support services for people with additional needs like autism can still go ahead, so maybe worth looking at.

Leeds

Yes I need to be more proactive about getting him support. I have just been taking the non confrontational way so far of letting him stay indoors but it has gone on for too long now (over a month) and I need to do something about it.

North West

"Yes I need to be more proactive about getting him support. I have just been taking the non confrontational way so far of letting him stay indoors but it has gone on for too long now (over a month) and I need to do something about it. "

Your GP and also adult social services (don't fear the name) will have details of support services locally. Also try the National Autistic Society online and on FB. Hope you get somewhere.

Leeds

Thank you for your helpful advice

"He has been so bombarded with bad news he thinks if he goes outside our house he will catch the virus and die"

Thats so sad to hear that x i hope you can get help for him feeling like that x everyone thinks things are all bad for them just now and don't think about what you must be going through x hopefully everything will work out for both of yous x

Leeds

Thank you

"Thank you "

No problem xx i feel for both of yous x

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Are they though, it is not just animals that are Feral, Kids can be and in a lot of cases are.

Ultimately it would be my responsibility to keep them safe and law abiding."

Sadly there are too many sets of parents who will not accept responsibility for there children

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

One of mine turned 18 last week. I knew she would not be coming home d*unk from anywhere! We stayed home and had a madhatters tea party- only with our household. Her brothers live with their dad, and as they are under 18 and a split household we family bubble. All legal as spilt household shared custody. So my children go between both houses. Youngest 2 school bubble. Apart from that they stay home. They do not mix, go out or see any other children or adults. They don't even go to see grandparents who are in their 80's. Which the children are upset about as they are close to them. But they understand and want to keep their grandparents safe.

But I see loads of groups or youngsters out mixing, when I'm doing my school runs.

I posted this thread as when I seen that large group I went home and heard on the news that a further 1200 had died.

The same group of shops in the spring lockdown was so different...totally devoid of kids around.

Yet at its height back then we weren't even seeing that amount of deaths back then.

So I thought I would post it to see your views...but sadly after posting it I had a calamity going on that has just calmed down.

Hence I couldn't reply, but found it odd when reading it that it seemed to have upset one poster who was gagging at e very post he made for a reply

So you have my reply now and please dont be so petulant it a post upsets you

there are two extremes feral kids roaming round being obnoxious and some kids who won't go out at all. this pandemic effects everyone differently

d

Manchester (she/her)

Ultimately it would be my responsibility to keep them safe and law abiding.

Sadly there are too many sets of parents who will not accept responsibility for there children "

I know. As I say, I speak to my personal responsibility.

If I haven't raised them to do the right thing, I'd (be ashamed and) try to reason with them. If that failed, buck still stops with me.

"there are two extremes feral kids roaming round being obnoxious and some kids who won't go out at all. this pandemic effects everyone differently

d"

I agree as it has effected one of mine who suffers agoraphobia to begin with so is never out much... yes she is getting treatment but covid is definitely effecting that too.

There seems though on this thread that theres quite a few who are struggling to go out....but no ones admitted to having a feral kid on here...

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Either at mine or their mothers. Same outcome in either case. They'll be sat in their rooms playing on xbox probs. Thankfully they are sensible kids and understand why they have to stay home.

They also have access to plenty to keep them occupied. I feel for the kids who don't have that access to online games and chat to somewhat stay connected to friends.

"there are two extremes feral kids roaming round being obnoxious and some kids who won't go out at all. this pandemic effects everyone differently

d

I agree as it has effected one of mine who suffers agoraphobia to begin with so is never out much... yes she is getting treatment but covid is definitely effecting that too.

There seems though on this thread that theres quite a few who are struggling to go out....but no ones admitted to having a feral kid on here..."

not something you'd admit to

d

There seems though on this thread that theres quite a few who are struggling to go out....but no ones admitted to having a feral kid on here...

not something you'd admit to"

Yep agreed

So keeping myself busy.

I feel your pain. I'm sorry you've got to endure that. Hopefully you're able to call them sometimes. "

The current situation is not reason for you to be barred from seeing them, travel between biological parents is an exemption.

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 01/02/21 15:27:33]

On a mooch

So keeping myself busy.

I feel your pain. I'm sorry you've got to endure that. Hopefully you're able to call them sometimes.

The current situation is not reason for you to be barred from seeing them, travel between biological parents is an exemption. "

It is an exemption, however some are using it as an excuse for the ex partner not to see their children.

So keeping myself busy.

The current situation is not reason for you to be barred from seeing them, travel between biological parents is an exemption.

It is an exemption, however some are using it as an excuse for the ex partner not to see their children. "

Yeah, I know only too well how many will use this situation as a weapon against the other parent. It's disgusting, but too few that are having it done to them are unaware that there is an exemption.

Tin town

d

There seems though on this thread that theres quite a few who are struggling to go out....but no ones admitted to having a feral kid on here..."

Maybe that's because largely they have been outstanding in taking this last year and largely doing as is asked of them and they deserve massive credit for that. As for the groups of them in some locations. Yes it's wrong. Same as the gatherings of adults, same as the families who shop together still... There's lots wrong but there's also lots right.

Plenty on the streets here at 11pm,at least its outdoors and well ventilated.

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

My child is 13 and will be home where he has been everyday throughout this pandemic accept when he had to go to school.

Let's be honest. If adults are not following the rules why would we expect children to???

"My child is 13 and will be home where he has been everyday throughout this pandemic accept when he had to go to school.

Let's be honest. If adults are not following the rules why would we expect children to???"

That's a fair point. We can look and see all ages can be behaving as nothing is a risk. As I said I seen one snippet that was worrying to me as we are by far away from being out of this. I'm by no means calling out the kids as we adults can be as bad....you only have to look at a supermarket carpark at 3.00pm on a sunday afternoon and see them packed with hardly a space left.

That was never the case a year ago.

Errr. Very Easily.

You are basically saying you don't have control over an 11 year old. Wow.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Your thoughts?"

I’d be more worried about airports than kids , Heathrow today packed solid, no distancing , many people without masks , other airports globally, pretty empty

Your thoughts?

I’d be more worried about airports than kids , Heathrow today packed solid, no distancing , many people without masks , other airports globally, pretty empty "

if all the other global airports are empty where are they flying from/ to? are they just doing laps in the air then coming back down?

Tin town

Your thoughts?

I’d be more worried about airports than kids , Heathrow today packed solid, no distancing , many people without masks , other airports globally, pretty empty "

Kids are a softer target though

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Ours is enjoying some online chill time after a hard day at work with his dad.

First day back after having Covid, he went to bed after having a shower when they got back.

It takes its toll, even on the fit and healthy.

Your thoughts?

I’d be more worried about airports than kids , Heathrow today packed solid, no distancing , many people without masks , other airports globally, pretty empty

Kids are a softer target though"

By *ady7Woman  over a year ago

Hereford

Quite easily , as most 11yr olds are sat in front of a computer screen in their kitchen at home doing lessons online

By *urvelover39Man  over a year ago

Somewhere

Quite easily , as most 11yr olds are sat in front of a computer screen in their kitchen at home doing lessons online "

Well said, some people don't have a fucking clue (sorry for the language)

Ours are at their own homes taking care of our 7 grandkids

"My child is 13 and will be home where he has been everyday throughout this pandemic accept when he had to go to school.

Let's be honest. If adults are not following the rules why would we expect children to???"

By *ante funMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

they are in bed sleeping

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

We obviously didn't have covid when my daughter was 13 years old but we had a very similar problem i.e., she wanted to hang round the shops with her so called friends.

It appeared simple to me. I told her that she wasn't going to be a nuisance round the shops and if she really had finished her homework, she needed to select something positive and useful to do e.g., Girl Guides, swimming, art, languages, basket weaving, charity - whatever???? Within 18 months, she represented the county - all driven by her - she just needed a little bit of intervention and help.

I don't know this for certain but I reckon that most of the nuisance kids round the same types of shops just need the same lecture and just a tiny amount of well timed firmness. I am really sick of dickheads who say they can't help direct their kids a little bit.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/22 18:31:51]

Never had mine hanging around on the streets. It's always trouble these days, for businesses and people.

I think more has the be done and fines implemented or curfews to be considered after a certain time.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

At home

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Same thing in Ireland, gangs of kids terrorising whole neighbourhood, yesterday they stole fee cars and burned them, it's mad...it's interesting thing that happening mostly in Ireland and UK, I lived in couple different countries in Europe and it's not so bad, especially in Eastern European countries where police is more brutal

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I would get them a computer that can play world of warcraft, then persuade his mates parents to do the same.

They can play and chat together, they won't be in the same room but it is second best.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"I would get them a computer that can play world of warcraft, then persuade his mates parents to do the same.

They can play and chat together, they won't be in the same room but it is second best."

Went to an evening meeting in a local community centre last week Tuesdady evening.

Noticed as I parked that a fence panel was down and parked well away from it.

for the entire two hours until 10pm some 11 year old little scrotes were throwing stones at the windows, one of which broke showering our room with glass shards.

Police not interested even when it reached the criminal damage stage.

Yes, I wish they had been playing 'World of Warcraft' with their parents and friends.

» Add a new message to this topic