FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 2nd jab logistics

2nd jab logistics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just read that with luck the Moderna vaccine will arrive in the UK within weeks. Now I'm no scientist or politician, but I would think logically it would make sense to hold back the AZ and Pfizer jabs (which everyone so far have had) to complete the 2nd jabs. Which will allow 50's and under to receive the Moderna vaccine for 2 doses.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just read that with luck the Moderna vaccine will arrive in the UK within weeks. Now I'm no scientist or politician, but I would think logically it would make sense to hold back the AZ and Pfizer jabs (which everyone so far have had) to complete the 2nd jabs. Which will allow 50's and under to receive the Moderna vaccine for 2 doses."

We're only getting a couple of hundred thousand Moderna to start with, so might not be possible to do that. All depends on the vaccine centres too and what storage they can handle. Some cannot manage the ultra low temperature storage of mRNA vaccines unfortunately.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Just read that with luck the Moderna vaccine will arrive in the UK within weeks. Now I'm no scientist or politician, but I would think logically it would make sense to hold back the AZ and Pfizer jabs (which everyone so far have had) to complete the 2nd jabs. Which will allow 50's and under to receive the Moderna vaccine for 2 doses."

Flaw in your thoughts, short dated vaccine in circulation, we have been asked to trial the Moderna here, obviously said yes!

Well those 2 replies prove as I said I'm no scientist I had a sneaky feeling my thoughts were probably too simplistic to be viable

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I understand this is the plan as far as possible.My source is a pharmasist who checks the vaccines locally

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

They as I understand it are holding back Pfizer and AZ for second doses it’s first doses that are being f delayed from Monday not second. I thought it was a four week delay only so the original September target that was brought forward to July will now be August for all adults to be ordered the jab? Pretty amazing going by our wonderful NHs really

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m not sure about your logic? We can do all of them at the same time

"Just read that with luck the Moderna vaccine will arrive in the UK within weeks. Now I'm no scientist or politician, but I would think logically it would make sense to hold back the AZ and Pfizer jabs (which everyone so far have had) to complete the 2nd jabs. Which will allow 50's and under to receive the Moderna vaccine for 2 doses.

I’m not sure about your logic? We can do all of them at the same time "

I was thinking regarding potential vaccine shortfalls ie the EU threats. That's why I muted reserving the Pfizer and AZ vaccine for 2nd doses and using the Modena for continuing under 50's 1st doses.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just read that with luck the Moderna vaccine will arrive in the UK within weeks. Now I'm no scientist or politician, but I would think logically it would make sense to hold back the AZ and Pfizer jabs (which everyone so far have had) to complete the 2nd jabs. Which will allow 50's and under to receive the Moderna vaccine for 2 doses.

I was thinking regarding potential vaccine shortfalls ie the EU threats. That's why I muted reserving the Pfizer and AZ vaccine for 2nd doses and using the Modena for continuing under 50's 1st doses."

Oh I see but then why would we hold back because of threats? Surely best option is just continue as normal and see if they actually do ban exports (which they won’t because AZ is made in the U.K. and Pfizer’s main ingredient is made in Yorkshire)

I was thinking regarding potential vaccine shortfalls ie the EU threats. That's why I muted reserving the Pfizer and AZ vaccine for 2nd doses and using the Modena for continuing under 50's 1st doses.

Oh I see but then why would we hold back because of threats? Surely best option is just continue as normal and see if they actually do ban exports (which they won’t because AZ is made in the U.K. and Pfizer’s main ingredient is made in Yorkshire)"

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Am I not right in thinking that for each 1st jab given, a corresponding 2nd jab is held in storage?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As long as the logistics managers have the same jab types for people at the right times, it doesn't matter what they are. A greater range of suppliers just gives us greater resilience.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Am I not right in thinking that for each 1st jab given, a corresponding 2nd jab is held in storage?"

So we have about 25 million vaccines held in storage ?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

There is a timescale for the second jab so they can’t really put that on hold.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Am I not right in thinking that for each 1st jab given, a corresponding 2nd jab is held in storage?"

As far as I know the only stipulation is that at present the second dose is the same as the first, not the same batch..

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

No this doesn't happen. You will receive the same brand but it will be from a different batch

» Add a new message to this topic