FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Ordinary people doing extraordinary things

Ordinary people doing extraordinary things

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This last year I believe the true silent majority has stood up.

There has been a surge in need, and we, the people, have answered the call.

Inspired by the "ordinary people" doing their vaccination shifts, but it spreads much further than that.

For those giving, to reduce the harms of the pandemic, thank you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Fortunately I think the pandemic has brought out the best in the majority of people. On top of the amazing work done by our NHS and social care colleagues, thousands of others have stepped forward to do incredible things for total strangers. It's truly humbling

By *issitCouple  over a year ago

Banbury

I agree - I’ve seen and heard of so many nice example of lovely people doing lovely things

Manchester (she/her)

Michael Osterholm talks about creating a "pandemic of kindness". It's perhaps a bit twee but there's much to be said for aiming towards such a thing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a lovely reflection of the great good that people have given for others.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a care home worker, it is a damn shame it has taken a global pandemic and 1000s of deaths for people to start to appreciate the enormity of what we actually do, rather than treating us like shit like they have done for years

Manchester (she/her)

"As a care home worker, it is a damn shame it has taken a global pandemic and 1000s of deaths for people to start to appreciate the enormity of what we actually do, rather than treating us like shit like they have done for years "

I'm sorry, and thank you.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"As a care home worker, it is a damn shame it has taken a global pandemic and 1000s of deaths for people to start to appreciate the enormity of what we actually do, rather than treating us like shit like they have done for years "

Which people?

For the record no one should be, by the public, the owners nor the government..

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Completely agree with this... I’ve appreciated you guys since the first time I had a family member go into a care home over 20 years ago, it opened my eyes to the compassion and hard work that goes into being a care worker.

Unfortunately the government and society in general appears to value material gains (bankers etc.) over humanity and compassion

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

I think vulnerable teachers deserve a mention .... the profession gets vilified in the press and on social media but we expect them to put their lives at risk. Many of my colleagues with health conditions have been in close quarters with 30 odd kids and no ppe or social distancing ... four of which ended up on a vent.

... this pandemic has truly shed light on how undervalued teachers are really quite soul destroying.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Agree with everything said. So many people have gone above and beyond. My mentioning the NHS and care workers wasn't to take away from amazing work done by others. I work in the NHS and my role is to train care workers so close to my heart ?

Manchester (she/her)

"I think vulnerable teachers deserve a mention .... the profession gets vilified in the press and on social media but we expect them to put their lives at risk. Many of my colleagues with health conditions have been in close quarters with 30 odd kids and no ppe or social distancing ... four of which ended up on a vent.

... this pandemic has truly shed light on how undervalued teachers are really quite soul destroying. "

Absolutely x

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I think vulnerable teachers deserve a mention .... the profession gets vilified in the press and on social media but we expect them to put their lives at risk. Many of my colleagues with health conditions have been in close quarters with 30 odd kids and no ppe or social distancing ... four of which ended up on a vent.

... this pandemic has truly shed light on how undervalued teachers are really quite soul destroying. "

Agreed

» Add a new message to this topic